Comments
61,401 - 61,420 of 141,617 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68050
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Nuh wrote:
All firearms must be declared to the airline during the ticket counter check-in process.
The firearm must be unloaded.
The firearm must be in a hard-sided container that is locked. A locked container is defined as one that completely secures the firearm from being accessed. Locked cases that can be pulled open with little effort cannot be brought aboard the aircraft.
If firearms are not properly declared or packaged, TSA will provide the bag to law enforcement for resolution with the airline. If the issue is resolved, law enforcement will release the bag to TSA so screening may be completed.
TSA must resolve all alarms in checked baggage. If a locked container containing a firearm alarms, TSA will contact the airline, who will make a reasonable attempt to contact the owner and advise the passenger to go to the screening location. If contact is not made, the container will not be placed on the aircraft.
If a locked container alarms during screening and is not marked as containing a declared firearm, TSA will cut the lock in order to resolve the alarm.
Travelers should remain in the area designated by the aircraft operator or TSA representative to take the key back after the container is cleared for transportation.
Travelers must securely pack any ammunition in fiber (such as cardboard), wood or metal boxes or other packaging specifically designed to carry small amounts of ammunition.
Firearm magazines and ammunition clips must be securely boxed or included within a hard-sided case containing an unloaded firearm.
Small arms ammunition, including ammunition not exceeding .75 caliber for a rifle or pistol and shotgun shells of any gauge, may be carried in the same hard-sided case as the firearm, as long as it follows the packing guidelines described above.
TSA prohibits black powder or percussion caps used with black-powder.
Rifle scopes are not prohibited in carry-on bags and do not need to be in the hard-sided, locked checked bag.
http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/firea...
Thank you, Nuh, that pretty much answers everything that I was wondering about.
Geez, if I were an LE Agent of some Kind, I would keep one gun for Airline Travel and one for carrying when I'm in my home area, rather than hve to pack and unpack one Gun and Ammo everytime I left home, for Airline travel.
One would think the Airport Officials could simplify that some way by checking the Owner's Credehtials.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68051
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened? I didn't get the usual "teapublican," "right-wing extremist," "bible-thumping," "knuckle-dragging child rapist" routine this morning...are you sick?
Lol! NO, just took a lengthy break from the Topix Snake Pit and became Normal, again. Don't worry, it probably won't last long , if I don't take another break when all the crap starts, again. In the meantime, don't question it, just enjoy it. Lol!
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68052
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that your knee-jerk reaction is to blame oil companies? The truth is that governments rake in a larger profit at the pump than anyone—and with gas taxes on the rise in many parts of the country, there's no relief in sight. In a typical gallon of gas, there is anywhere from $.67 to $.30 in taxes. Here’s a state by state chart:
http://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-gas-overvi...
According to U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA – a GOVERNMENT agency), crude oil costs make up about 76% of the cost of gasoline, which means that $2.66 of a $3.50 gallon of gasoline is set before the oil is even refined.
Global markets, reacting to supply and demand, determine the cost of crude, and a shortage in supply or an increase in demand leads to a rise in prices. Which is why we can’t blame Obama for the cost of gasoline. However, that didn’t stop liberals in the media from blaming Bush.
Refining is responsible for 6% of the cost of gasoline, and distribution and marketing adds another 6%.
Exxon made only seven cents PROFIT per gallon of gasoline in 2011.
Oh, and one other thing, guess who buys the most oil futures?
Hedge funds and bankers. Goldman Sachs in particular. In 2008, eight investment banks accounted for 32 percent of the total oil futures market. According to an analysis by McClatchy, only about 30 percent of oil futures traders are actual oil industry participants like airlines.
I agree TD, oil companies don't set the price, the market and state regulations do along with taxes and the price of oil. I came here from Georgia. The price of gas in Georgia was higher than in Tennessee all of the time. Why, because Georgia's taxes were higher. I don't think anyone ever thinks about how much it costs to drill for oil either. When gas goes up, the easy thing to do is blame the teapublican oil companies.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68053
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Much fanfare was made about Obama's $787 Billion Economic Spendulous - er I mean 'Stimulus. We even had crazy uncle Joe Biden talking about "Recovery Summer"....2010 where the federal government would spur 250,000 job creations per month....

Well, here we are Winter 2013...and just WHERE ARE THE JOBS? More importantly - WHERE DID THAT $787 Billion go???

For comparison, the Marshall Plan after WWII, you know - where the U.S. basically rebuilt all the countries on the European continent...it cost, in today's dollars,$120 Billion.

Ah, the effiency of a bloated federal government spending other people's money.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68054
Feb 19, 2013
 
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Add Spikes Tactical to the list...
"
In light of the recent and numerous anti-gun and anti-2nd Amendment laws pending across the Nation, Spike’s Tactical will be joining other manufacturers and distributors and limiting the business we do in states that have limited the right to keep and bear arms for their citizens.
As of today, it will be our policy not to sell prohibited items to law enforcement agencies, government agencies and agents in states, counties, cities and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We urge other companies to join in support."
https://www.facebook.com/spikestactical
If this is accurate, I do NOT support this! The whole goal is to get the more powerful weapons out of the hands of criminals, NOT to take them away from Law Enforcement Authorities who have to deal with those same Criminals and Murderers who prey on innocent Law-abiding Citizens.
This is apparently a Florida Company, which makes it even more surprising. I wonder if it has something to do with FL. State Laws or an issue that we don't know about...such as Licensing. Just wondering...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68055
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Political posts on the political forum.

It's a wonderful day.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68056
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

I find it hilarious that when the price of gas goes up a bit everyone blames the evil oil companies.

And yet, when college tuition's increase, we blame the debt burden by student’s, not the enormous sums demanded by the colleges.

Take a gander at this study that shows the enormous amounts of money our colleges have. Do we ever hear about “Big College”? NO! Colleges and universities are as exempt from criticism as Obama is from Benghazi.

Many of these colleges have BILLIONS in endowments. Where are the media pleas to give free tuition – after all these colleges have the money? Listed tuition is for LOCAL state residents. Out of State students pay far more.

http://www.nacubo.org/Documents/research/2011...

10th-richest: Texas A&M
Endowment funds last year:$7 billion
Students last fall: 49,861
Undergraduate tuition:$19,035 (estimated cost of attendance for Texas residents for one year at the main campus)

Ninth-richest: Northwestern University
Endowment funds last year:$7.2 billion
Change from previous year: 20.8%
Students last fall: 20,284
Undergraduate tuition:$40,223 for tuition, room and board

Eighth-richest: Columbia University
Endowment funds last year:$7.8 billion ($7,789,578,000)
Change from previous year: 19.5%
Students last fall: 28,221
Undergraduate tuition:$59,208 for tuition, room and board for the 2011-12 academic year for New York residents.

Seventh-richest: University of Michigan
Endowment funds last year:$7.8 billion ($7,834,752,000)
Change from previous year: 19.4%
Students last fall: 42,716 for the main Ann Arbor campus
Undergraduate tuition:$25,204 for tuition, room and board for on-campus residents for the 2011-12 school year.

Sixth-richest: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Endowment funds last year:$9.7 billion
Change from previous year: 16.8%
Students last fall: 10,894
Undergraduate tuition:$40,460 for tuition only for the 2011-12 academic year

Fifth-richest: Stanford University
Endowment funds last year:$17 billion
Change from previous year: 19.1%
Students last fall: 19,945
Undergraduate tuition:$52,860 for tuition, room and board for the 2011-12 academic year

Fourth-richest: Princeton University
Endowment funds last year:$17.1 billion
Change from previous year: 18.9%
Students last fall: 7,859
Undergraduate tuition:$54,780 for the estimated cost of attendance in the coming 2012-13 academic year, including tuition, room and board

Third-richest: University of Texas
Endowment funds last year:$17.2 billion
Change from previous year: 22%
Students last fall: 51,112 for the main Austin campus
Undergraduate tuition:$9,816 for residents,$32,594 for nonresidents, covering tuition only for the 2011-12 school year

Second-richest: Yale University
Endowment funds last year:$19.4 billion
Change from previous year: 16.3%
Students last fall: 11,875
Undergraduate tuition:$52,700 for tuition, room and board for the 2011-12 academic year

And of course the richest of all is Harvard:

The richest college: Harvard University
Endowment funds last year:$31.7 billion
Change from previous year: 15.1%
Students last fall: 21,000
Undergraduate tuition:$52,652 for tuition, room and board for the 2011-12 school year

Why is tuition so much, when they have so much money? That's the same logic that's used for soaking the rich, isn't it?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68057
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree TD, oil companies don't set the price, the market and state regulations do along with taxes and the price of oil. I came here from Georgia. The price of gas in Georgia was higher than in Tennessee all of the time. Why, because Georgia's taxes were higher. I don't think anyone ever thinks about how much it costs to drill for oil either. When gas goes up, the easy thing to do is blame the teapublican oil companies.
Well, you and "Truth Detector" are just flat out wrong in your assumption, when it is manipulating the price of gasoline in the U.S.
True, Oil Companies do not set the price of a Barrel of Crude Oil... that is controlled on the World-wide Market, because it is a World Commodity. BUT, the Big Oil Companies CAN and DO control the price of gasoline in the United States by reducing the amount they refine, and/or distribute. They simply reduce that supply, using some reason, such as some of their Refineries are down for whatever reason...as they did in this case (maintenance), which lowers the supply while the demand stays the same...or they just withhold some of the gasoline from the distributors...and that drives the price up. They do it very often and it's never questioned. In fact, pay attention, they do it every time there is the slightest reason that they can use, in the U.S., or anywhere in the world, for that matter, that they think they can possibly use to justify it! It's a SCAM...all to make bigger profits and they've been doing it for years! But, I can remember when it was a very rare thing, but now it happens every time you turn around and when they started doing it, is when their Quarterly Profits started breaking all records and that has continued until this day!
If they are going to continue to Gouge us, why are we continuing to Subsidise them? Well, I can tell you why, because I heard the CEO of Exxon say it , with my own ears, in a Congressional Hearing Investigation about the price of fuel, when it first started going so high, for no apparent reason. He said, when the subject of the Subsidies was brought up, "If you take away the Subsidies, we will cut you off"!
I couldn't believe what I had just heard him say and not one Congressman challenged him! They simply ignored his statement and changed the subject!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68058
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Truth Detector wrote:
I find it hilarious that when the price of gas goes up a bit everyone blames the evil oil companies.
And yet, when college tuition's increase, we blame the debt burden by student’s, not the enormous sums demanded by the colleges.
Take a gander at this study that shows the enormous amounts of money our colleges have. Do we ever hear about “Big College”? NO! Colleges and universities are as exempt from criticism as Obama is from Benghazi.
Many of these colleges have BILLIONS in endowments. Where are the media pleas to give free tuition – after all these colleges have the money? Listed tuition is for LOCAL state residents. Out of State students pay far more.
http://www.nacubo.org/Documents/research/2011...
10th-richest: Texas A&M
Endowment funds last year:$7 billion
Students last fall: 49,861
Undergraduate tuition:$19,035 (estimated cost of attendance for Texas residents for one year at the main campus)
Ninth-richest: Northwestern University
Endowment funds last year:$7.2 billion
Change from previous year: 20.8%
Students last fall: 20,284
Undergraduate tuition:$40,223 for tuition, room and board
Eighth-richest: Columbia University
Endowment funds last year:$7.8 billion ($7,789,578,000)
Change from previous year: 19.5%
Students last fall: 28,221
Undergraduate tuition:$59,208 for tuition, room and board for the 2011-12 academic year for New York residents.
Seventh-richest: University of Michigan
Endowment funds last year:$7.8 billion ($7,834,752,000)
Change from previous year: 19.4%
Students last fall: 42,716 for the main Ann Arbor campus
Undergraduate tuition:$25,204 for tuition, room and board for on-campus residents for the 2011-12 school year.
Sixth-richest: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Endowment funds last year:$9.7 billion
Change from previous year: 16.8%
Students last fall: 10,894
Undergraduate tuition:$40,460 for tuition only for the 2011-12 academic year
Fifth-richest: Stanford University
Endowment funds last year:$17 billion
Change from previous year: 19.1%
Students last fall: 19,945
Undergraduate tuition:$52,860 for tuition, room and board for the 2011-12 academic year
Fourth-richest: Princeton University
Endowment funds last year:$17.1 billion
Change from previous year: 18.9%
Students last fall: 7,859
Undergraduate tuition:$54,780 for the estimated cost of attendance in the coming 2012-13 academic year, including tuition, room and board
Third-richest: University of Texas
Endowment funds last year:$17.2 billion
Change from previous year: 22%
Students last fall: 51,112 for the main Austin campus
Undergraduate tuition:$9,816 for residents,$32,594 for nonresidents, covering tuition only for the 2011-12 school year
Second-richest: Yale University
Endowment funds last year:$19.4 billion
Change from previous year: 16.3%
Students last fall: 11,875
Undergraduate tuition:$52,700 for tuition, room and board for the 2011-12 academic year
And of course the richest of all is Harvard:
The richest college: Harvard University
Endowment funds last year:$31.7 billion
Change from previous year: 15.1%
Students last fall: 21,000
Undergraduate tuition:$52,652 for tuition, room and board for the 2011-12 school year
Why is tuition so much, when they have so much money? That's the same logic that's used for soaking the rich, isn't it?
It's a SCAM, too! Somebody has to pay for the Lavish Lifestyle that the University Presidents live...Gold Toilet Seats and all!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68059
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Original Amused wrote:
Political posts on the political forum.
It's a wonderful day.
Fantastic, isn't it!:)

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68060
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>Lol! NO, just took a lengthy break from the Topix Snake Pit and became Normal, again. Don't worry, it probably won't last long , if I don't take another break when all the crap starts, again. In the meantime, don't question it, just enjoy it. Lol!
You aren't above being questioned contrary to you beliefs.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68061
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
The Religious Fanatics have been claiming that People lived at the time of dinosaurs, to deny Evolution, because they cannot explain their Religious Ideology in any credible way, without it. Science says differently.
Now, I don't care what the Religious Ideologues choose to believe...they have that Right, but they do NOT have the Right to indoctrinate our children in false claims just to bolster and support their particular Religious Beliefs and to make them the Laughing stock of the World, for what they have been taught in our Schools! And THAT, I highly object to!
It's a "dumbing down" of our children that should NOT be tolerated and it's laying a basis for future Generations to be as Religiously Radical as the backward Countries that have spawned Al-Qaeda and the Taliban!
Actually I believe it was the CIA that spawned AlQaeda and it's been an on again off again love affair ever since.
Obama has done nothing but lie and you still believe in the King Tut.
So,who's been indoctrinated?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68062
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Nuh wrote:
Much fanfare was made about Obama's $787 Billion Economic Spendulous - er I mean 'Stimulus. We even had crazy uncle Joe Biden talking about "Recovery Summer"....2010 where the federal government would spur 250,000 job creations per month....
Well, here we are Winter 2013...and just WHERE ARE THE JOBS? More importantly - WHERE DID THAT $787 Billion go???
For comparison, the Marshall Plan after WWII, you know - where the U.S. basically rebuilt all the countries on the European continent...it cost, in today's dollars,$120 Billion.
Ah, the effiency of a bloated federal government spending other people's money.
Nuh, I've been having a discussion with somebody who travels everyday to different parts of the Southern States and some of the Northern States, and he tells me that everywhere he goes there are "Help Wanted" signs out.
So, I do believe the Economy is improving. What I wonder about is, if the Pay Rate of this jobs have fallen and that's why Nobody is filling them? We know that one Employee is now haveing to do the same amount of work that it used to take 2.5 Employees to do, but while reqiring 1.5 more work from a single Employee, have the employers also reduced the amount of pay to that Employee? If that is the case...and I believe it is...therein lies the problem...for the Employees and for the Economic Recovery of this Nation!
Open eyes

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68063
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
The Religious Fanatics have been claiming that People lived at the time of dinosaurs, to deny Evolution, because they cannot explain their Religious Ideology in any credible way, without it. Science says differently.
Now, I don't care what the Religious Ideologues choose to believe...they have that Right, but they do NOT have the Right to indoctrinate our children in false claims just to bolster and support their particular Religious Beliefs and to make them the Laughing stock of the World, for what they have been taught in our Schools! And THAT, I highly object to!
It's a "dumbing down" of our children that should NOT be tolerated and it's laying a basis for future Generations to be as Religiously Radical as the backward Countries that have spawned Al-Qaeda and the Taliban!
And you too have been brainwashed, as your statement or claim is a whitewash. Humanoids of some sort did live at the time of dinosaurs as evidenced by science. Humanoid foot prints on top of dinosaur prints are well documented. What science cannot answer is what was the DNA of those humanoids? And even then DNA does not prove much of anything when you discover that there is only so pieces of the puzzle and even changing out one percent is the distinction between today humans and chimps, yet we are nothing like them. Not to claim evolution is not valid in some aspects, there are way too many gaps and holes to prove we evolved one way or the other. Each group (religious and non) accepts enough bias to satisfy their beliefs. So what. Proves noting either way. How you make this argument with any connection of Al Qaeda is beyond me. If anything, everything connected with the Christian religion has be all but eradicated from schools even though their History books now include how to become a Muslim of the Islamic faith all in the name of leaning tolerance, but nothing about how to follow any other faith. Explain that one.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68064
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I believe it was the CIA that spawned AlQaeda and it's been an on again off again love affair ever since.
Obama has done nothing but lie and you still believe in the King Tut.
So,who's been indoctrinated?
Uh, the mere FACT that Obama had Osama Bin Laden killed and Bush said that "he wasn't worried" about Osama Bin Laden, tells me that if anybody had a "Love Affair" with Al Qaeda, it was Bush and Cheney , not Obama!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68065
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"2 Executives May Have Faked Deaths."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/2-executives-may-faked-...
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68066
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I believe it was the CIA that spawned AlQaeda and it's been an on again off again love affair ever since.
Obama has done nothing but lie and you still believe in the King Tut.
So,who's been indoctrinated?
Hey, I wanted to know if you've already looked at this, or researched it. Thanks!

"Obama's Council of Governors" http://bit.ly/8qhotX

I've seen the map designating the correlative boundaries for this. It is believed that this, when instituted, will supercede state and municiplae law enforcement, National Guard, state judicial authority and will render the power of the respective governors to call upon state constitutional authority! Thanks!
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68067
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post!
Thanks.
Human footprints lie alongside thousands of dinosaur prints on a Turkmenistan plateau,a Russian newspaper has reported.
Ha Ha

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68068
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"Civilain Deaths In War In Afghanistan Drop For First Time In 6 Years."

Click here:
http://www.latimes.com/news/world/worldnow/la...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68069
Feb 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
Human footprints lie alongside thousands of dinosaur prints on a Turkmenistan plateau,a Russian newspaper has reported.
Ha Ha
Post your Source Link, I'd like to see where your information comes from and, possibly, read the Article.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••