Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#68057 Feb 19, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree TD, oil companies don't set the price, the market and state regulations do along with taxes and the price of oil. I came here from Georgia. The price of gas in Georgia was higher than in Tennessee all of the time. Why, because Georgia's taxes were higher. I don't think anyone ever thinks about how much it costs to drill for oil either. When gas goes up, the easy thing to do is blame the teapublican oil companies.
Well, you and "Truth Detector" are just flat out wrong in your assumption, when it is manipulating the price of gasoline in the U.S.
True, Oil Companies do not set the price of a Barrel of Crude Oil... that is controlled on the World-wide Market, because it is a World Commodity. BUT, the Big Oil Companies CAN and DO control the price of gasoline in the United States by reducing the amount they refine, and/or distribute. They simply reduce that supply, using some reason, such as some of their Refineries are down for whatever reason...as they did in this case (maintenance), which lowers the supply while the demand stays the same...or they just withhold some of the gasoline from the distributors...and that drives the price up. They do it very often and it's never questioned. In fact, pay attention, they do it every time there is the slightest reason that they can use, in the U.S., or anywhere in the world, for that matter, that they think they can possibly use to justify it! It's a SCAM...all to make bigger profits and they've been doing it for years! But, I can remember when it was a very rare thing, but now it happens every time you turn around and when they started doing it, is when their Quarterly Profits started breaking all records and that has continued until this day!
If they are going to continue to Gouge us, why are we continuing to Subsidise them? Well, I can tell you why, because I heard the CEO of Exxon say it , with my own ears, in a Congressional Hearing Investigation about the price of fuel, when it first started going so high, for no apparent reason. He said, when the subject of the Subsidies was brought up, "If you take away the Subsidies, we will cut you off"!
I couldn't believe what I had just heard him say and not one Congressman challenged him! They simply ignored his statement and changed the subject!

Location hidden

#68058 Feb 19, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
I find it hilarious that when the price of gas goes up a bit everyone blames the evil oil companies.
And yet, when college tuition's increase, we blame the debt burden by student’s, not the enormous sums demanded by the colleges.
Take a gander at this study that shows the enormous amounts of money our colleges have. Do we ever hear about “Big College”? NO! Colleges and universities are as exempt from criticism as Obama is from Benghazi.
Many of these colleges have BILLIONS in endowments. Where are the media pleas to give free tuition – after all these colleges have the money? Listed tuition is for LOCAL state residents. Out of State students pay far more.
http://www.nacubo.org/Documents/research/2011...
10th-richest: Texas A&M
Endowment funds last year:$7 billion
Students last fall: 49,861
Undergraduate tuition:$19,035 (estimated cost of attendance for Texas residents for one year at the main campus)
Ninth-richest: Northwestern University
Endowment funds last year:$7.2 billion
Change from previous year: 20.8%
Students last fall: 20,284
Undergraduate tuition:$40,223 for tuition, room and board
Eighth-richest: Columbia University
Endowment funds last year:$7.8 billion ($7,789,578,000)
Change from previous year: 19.5%
Students last fall: 28,221
Undergraduate tuition:$59,208 for tuition, room and board for the 2011-12 academic year for New York residents.
Seventh-richest: University of Michigan
Endowment funds last year:$7.8 billion ($7,834,752,000)
Change from previous year: 19.4%
Students last fall: 42,716 for the main Ann Arbor campus
Undergraduate tuition:$25,204 for tuition, room and board for on-campus residents for the 2011-12 school year.
Sixth-richest: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Endowment funds last year:$9.7 billion
Change from previous year: 16.8%
Students last fall: 10,894
Undergraduate tuition:$40,460 for tuition only for the 2011-12 academic year
Fifth-richest: Stanford University
Endowment funds last year:$17 billion
Change from previous year: 19.1%
Students last fall: 19,945
Undergraduate tuition:$52,860 for tuition, room and board for the 2011-12 academic year
Fourth-richest: Princeton University
Endowment funds last year:$17.1 billion
Change from previous year: 18.9%
Students last fall: 7,859
Undergraduate tuition:$54,780 for the estimated cost of attendance in the coming 2012-13 academic year, including tuition, room and board
Third-richest: University of Texas
Endowment funds last year:$17.2 billion
Change from previous year: 22%
Students last fall: 51,112 for the main Austin campus
Undergraduate tuition:$9,816 for residents,$32,594 for nonresidents, covering tuition only for the 2011-12 school year
Second-richest: Yale University
Endowment funds last year:$19.4 billion
Change from previous year: 16.3%
Students last fall: 11,875
Undergraduate tuition:$52,700 for tuition, room and board for the 2011-12 academic year
And of course the richest of all is Harvard:
The richest college: Harvard University
Endowment funds last year:$31.7 billion
Change from previous year: 15.1%
Students last fall: 21,000
Undergraduate tuition:$52,652 for tuition, room and board for the 2011-12 school year
Why is tuition so much, when they have so much money? That's the same logic that's used for soaking the rich, isn't it?
It's a SCAM, too! Somebody has to pay for the Lavish Lifestyle that the University Presidents live...Gold Toilet Seats and all!

Location hidden

#68059 Feb 19, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
Political posts on the political forum.
It's a wonderful day.
Fantastic, isn't it!:)

Location hidden

#68060 Feb 19, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>Lol! NO, just took a lengthy break from the Topix Snake Pit and became Normal, again. Don't worry, it probably won't last long , if I don't take another break when all the crap starts, again. In the meantime, don't question it, just enjoy it. Lol!
You aren't above being questioned contrary to you beliefs.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#68061 Feb 19, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
The Religious Fanatics have been claiming that People lived at the time of dinosaurs, to deny Evolution, because they cannot explain their Religious Ideology in any credible way, without it. Science says differently.
Now, I don't care what the Religious Ideologues choose to believe...they have that Right, but they do NOT have the Right to indoctrinate our children in false claims just to bolster and support their particular Religious Beliefs and to make them the Laughing stock of the World, for what they have been taught in our Schools! And THAT, I highly object to!
It's a "dumbing down" of our children that should NOT be tolerated and it's laying a basis for future Generations to be as Religiously Radical as the backward Countries that have spawned Al-Qaeda and the Taliban!
Actually I believe it was the CIA that spawned AlQaeda and it's been an on again off again love affair ever since.
Obama has done nothing but lie and you still believe in the King Tut.
So,who's been indoctrinated?

Location hidden

#68062 Feb 19, 2013
Nuh wrote:
Much fanfare was made about Obama's $787 Billion Economic Spendulous - er I mean 'Stimulus. We even had crazy uncle Joe Biden talking about "Recovery Summer"....2010 where the federal government would spur 250,000 job creations per month....
Well, here we are Winter 2013...and just WHERE ARE THE JOBS? More importantly - WHERE DID THAT $787 Billion go???
For comparison, the Marshall Plan after WWII, you know - where the U.S. basically rebuilt all the countries on the European continent...it cost, in today's dollars,$120 Billion.
Ah, the effiency of a bloated federal government spending other people's money.
Nuh, I've been having a discussion with somebody who travels everyday to different parts of the Southern States and some of the Northern States, and he tells me that everywhere he goes there are "Help Wanted" signs out.
So, I do believe the Economy is improving. What I wonder about is, if the Pay Rate of this jobs have fallen and that's why Nobody is filling them? We know that one Employee is now haveing to do the same amount of work that it used to take 2.5 Employees to do, but while reqiring 1.5 more work from a single Employee, have the employers also reduced the amount of pay to that Employee? If that is the case...and I believe it is...therein lies the problem...for the Employees and for the Economic Recovery of this Nation!
Open eyes

Lewisburg, TN

#68063 Feb 19, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
The Religious Fanatics have been claiming that People lived at the time of dinosaurs, to deny Evolution, because they cannot explain their Religious Ideology in any credible way, without it. Science says differently.
Now, I don't care what the Religious Ideologues choose to believe...they have that Right, but they do NOT have the Right to indoctrinate our children in false claims just to bolster and support their particular Religious Beliefs and to make them the Laughing stock of the World, for what they have been taught in our Schools! And THAT, I highly object to!
It's a "dumbing down" of our children that should NOT be tolerated and it's laying a basis for future Generations to be as Religiously Radical as the backward Countries that have spawned Al-Qaeda and the Taliban!
And you too have been brainwashed, as your statement or claim is a whitewash. Humanoids of some sort did live at the time of dinosaurs as evidenced by science. Humanoid foot prints on top of dinosaur prints are well documented. What science cannot answer is what was the DNA of those humanoids? And even then DNA does not prove much of anything when you discover that there is only so pieces of the puzzle and even changing out one percent is the distinction between today humans and chimps, yet we are nothing like them. Not to claim evolution is not valid in some aspects, there are way too many gaps and holes to prove we evolved one way or the other. Each group (religious and non) accepts enough bias to satisfy their beliefs. So what. Proves noting either way. How you make this argument with any connection of Al Qaeda is beyond me. If anything, everything connected with the Christian religion has be all but eradicated from schools even though their History books now include how to become a Muslim of the Islamic faith all in the name of leaning tolerance, but nothing about how to follow any other faith. Explain that one.

Location hidden

#68064 Feb 19, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I believe it was the CIA that spawned AlQaeda and it's been an on again off again love affair ever since.
Uh, the mere FACT that Obama had Osama Bin Laden killed and Bush said that "he wasn't worried" about Osama Bin Laden, tells me that if anybody had a "Love Affair" with Al Qaeda, it was Bush and Cheney , not Obama!

Location hidden

#68065 Feb 19, 2013
"2 Executives May Have Faked Deaths."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/2-executives-may-faked-...
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#68066 Feb 19, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I wanted to know if you've already looked at this, or researched it. Thanks!

"Obama's Council of Governors" http://bit.ly/8qhotX

I've seen the map designating the correlative boundaries for this. It is believed that this, when instituted, will supercede state and municiplae law enforcement, National Guard, state judicial authority and will render the power of the respective governors to call upon state constitutional authority! Thanks!
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#68067 Feb 19, 2013
WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post!
Thanks.
Human footprints lie alongside thousands of dinosaur prints on a Turkmenistan plateau,a Russian newspaper has reported.
Ha Ha

Location hidden

#68068 Feb 19, 2013
"Civilain Deaths In War In Afghanistan Drop For First Time In 6 Years."

Click here:
http://www.latimes.com/news/world/worldnow/la...

Location hidden

#68069 Feb 19, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
Human footprints lie alongside thousands of dinosaur prints on a Turkmenistan plateau,a Russian newspaper has reported.
Ha Ha
Post your Source Link, I'd like to see where your information comes from and, possibly, read the Article.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#68070 Feb 19, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, the mere FACT that Obama had Osama Bin Laden killed and Bush said that "he wasn't worried" about Osama Bin Laden, tells me that if anybody had a "Love Affair" with Al Qaeda, it was Bush and Cheney , not Obama!
I didn't say OBAMA or BUSH had a love affair with AlQaeda.
What I said was that AlQaeda is (as I've said before)our friends and then our enemies.
It was CIA trained AlQaeda in Afgh.against the Russians.Then I'm sure they had a purpose before the 9/11 thing and then they were helped in Libya by the US which probably involved CIA,and now from what I see they are involved in Libya now. They are being helped in Syria.
And so the love affair, the off and on.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#68071 Feb 19, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Post your Source Link, I'd like to see where your information comes from and, possibly, read the Article.
I saw them on my trip to Russia in 1980s.

Location hidden

#68072 Feb 19, 2013
"Will Higher Taxes On The Rich Derail California's Economic Comeback?"

Click here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/econom...
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#68073 Feb 19, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
Ha Ha
A premature dismissal is reckless. The latest DNA work has eliminated once held scientific strong-holds relating to the on-going work of dating the period of existence for these creatures. Additionally, more recent archaeological finds and subsequent bio-chemistry studies have completely ruined the positions of not so long ago. I'll include one brief video. tks.

name

Kingston, TN

#68074 Feb 19, 2013
I have already outlined the telltale signs that your woman's a dictator, but today I'm going to reveal the qualities of the worst species of woman, the Feminus Obnoxium , otherwise known as "the bitch."
Understand the difference between the two. Excessively dominant women may, in fact, mean well. They may even think that they're helping people. They honestly believe that their way is better, but due to personal insecurities or naivet, they come off as domineering.
The bitch, on the other hand, is pure evil. She cares for no one but herself. She gladly tramples her way through every situation, not caring about who she hurts along the way, just about getting what she wants. To make matters worse, even when her demands are met, she's never satisfied with anything.
If you're in the hands of such a beast, you may already suspect it. But here's the definitive list that might prove it.

Location hidden

#68075 Feb 19, 2013
"GOP's Sequester Shenanigans Carry Risks For 2014."

Click here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line...
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#68076 Feb 19, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I was curious too. So I Googled human footprints with dinosaur footprints.

There are actually several sites they call them trails. With photos and articles.

But I think the Russian site he referred to is this.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/cm/v...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 5 min Synergy 55,736
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Limbertwig 154,204
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) 8 min FastFred 247
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 16 min Canton 31,206
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 28 min Red Square 59,780
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 50 min MORE DAWG STUPIDITY 97,078
CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr Slurpee 7,959
•••

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••