Hey

Cookeville, TN

#68036 Feb 19, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if that's the same attitude the Jews had when Hitler and the Nazi Party were rising to power in Germany?
It was the people who stood by while Hitler went on his rampage.Does the NDAA ring a bell?Does prosecuting whistleblowers and letting the torturers get by ring a bell?
Nader and Hein"America's Lawless Empire":The Constitutional Crimes of Bush and Obama.
http:www.youtube.com/watch?v=A 8kla2T0NQQ
So what crimes were Dinosaurs involved in?
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#68037 Feb 19, 2013
Pete - I found out, the hard way, that Liberty Mutual which was my worker's comp. carrier - basically paid everything...even settled with an employee who really wasn't injured at work.

They then just went up on my premium the next year.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#68038 Feb 19, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Declare & Check it with the airline...unloaded of course.
Does that mean that you are still allowed to take your Gun and your bullets with you on the Plane or are they loaded into the cargo hole and you have to retreive them from the Airlines, when you land at your destination. Or can you take the Gun on the Plan with you and you have to retrieve the bullets from the Airline, when you land, or vice-versa?
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#68039 Feb 19, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the people who stood by while Hitler went on his rampage.Does the NDAA ring a bell?Does prosecuting whistleblowers and letting the torturers get by ring a bell?
Nader and Hein"America's Lawless Empire":The Constitutional Crimes of Bush and Obama.
Excellent post!
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#68040 Feb 19, 2013
Nuh wrote:
Pete - I found out, the hard way, that Liberty Mutual which was my worker's comp. carrier - basically paid everything...even settled with an employee who really wasn't injured at work.
This is a sad but common story!

Location hidden

#68041 Feb 19, 2013
I'd like for somebody to explain to me why the storm, Sandy, that hit New York, Delaware, and Connecticut, I believe, would affect the gas prices in Nashville, TN. We, supposedly, get out gas from the Refineries off the Gulf Coast.
I think we being gouged by the Big Oil Companies, AGAIN! You know, the Big Oil Companies that NOBODY will even talk about stopping the Huge subsidies that we give them, even though they have made outlandish, record Profits, for years!
----------
"Gas Prices Up Nearly 50 Cents Since January."

Click here:
http://www.wkrn.com/story/21242007/gas-prices...
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#68042 Feb 19, 2013
All firearms must be declared to the airline during the ticket counter check-in process.
The firearm must be unloaded.
The firearm must be in a hard-sided container that is locked. A locked container is defined as one that completely secures the firearm from being accessed. Locked cases that can be pulled open with little effort cannot be brought aboard the aircraft.
If firearms are not properly declared or packaged, TSA will provide the bag to law enforcement for resolution with the airline. If the issue is resolved, law enforcement will release the bag to TSA so screening may be completed.
TSA must resolve all alarms in checked baggage. If a locked container containing a firearm alarms, TSA will contact the airline, who will make a reasonable attempt to contact the owner and advise the passenger to go to the screening location. If contact is not made, the container will not be placed on the aircraft.
If a locked container alarms during screening and is not marked as containing a declared firearm, TSA will cut the lock in order to resolve the alarm.
Travelers should remain in the area designated by the aircraft operator or TSA representative to take the key back after the container is cleared for transportation.
Travelers must securely pack any ammunition in fiber (such as cardboard), wood or metal boxes or other packaging specifically designed to carry small amounts of ammunition.
Firearm magazines and ammunition clips must be securely boxed or included within a hard-sided case containing an unloaded firearm.
Small arms ammunition, including ammunition not exceeding .75 caliber for a rifle or pistol and shotgun shells of any gauge, may be carried in the same hard-sided case as the firearm, as long as it follows the packing guidelines described above.
TSA prohibits black powder or percussion caps used with black-powder.
Rifle scopes are not prohibited in carry-on bags and do not need to be in the hard-sided, locked checked bag.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/firea...
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#68043 Feb 19, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
I've been wondering about this because of the Anti-Gun Control Advocates that claim to travel alot on here.
Does a Concealed Carry Permit exempt you from this Airline Rule, or how do you take your weapon with you whenever you travel by plane?
----------
"Reminder: You Can't Take A Loaded Gun On A Plane."
Click here:
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/02/...
And if you're the idiot trying to get that other idiot, Jesse Jerkson Jr's congressional seat, better pay more attention to what you have in your luggage:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/washington/16871...

"Notch Trotter as the newest entry into “What Was He Thinking?” Encyclopedia of America. Last week he was arrested and jailed overnight after attempting to board a plane at O’Hare Airport. He was carrying a .25-caliber Beretta and a loaded ammunition clip. "

This rocket scientist could be in congress soon.

Having a concealed permit does not allow you to carry just anywhere. If you fly, the guns need to be put in special locked cases, unloaded, and ready for search by TSA, and they go as checked luggage. The rules differ by airline, and they are so easy to violate, with consequences that are so extreme and inflexible, that I usually choose not to bring the weapon. In addition, the rules change when you get to your destination. If you were to fly from Nashville to NY, as soon as you get to NY, you are in violation of so many laws, that if caught, you may never see the light of day again. Ditto for California, Illinois, Connecticut, and most of the New England states.

Having a permit also does not permit you to carry in schools, government buildings, or any other place a terrorist or deranged person might choose to shoot up. Most malls are no-carry zones. If you own a business like a restaurant, or store, you may choose to put a no-carry sign on your door.

Also, most people are not aware that a concealed permit covers ALL concealed weapons, including knives, pieces of pipe or baseball bats in your car. If you need to use one of these "weapons" to defend yourself, you are covered as long as you can prove that you feared for your life.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#68044 Feb 19, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
I'd like for somebody to explain to me why the storm, Sandy, that hit New York, Delaware, and Connecticut, I believe, would affect the gas prices in Nashville, TN. We, supposedly, get out gas from the Refineries off the Gulf Coast.
I think we being gouged by the Big Oil Companies, AGAIN! You know, the Big Oil Companies that NOBODY will even talk about stopping the Huge subsidies that we give them, even though they have made outlandish, record Profits, for years!
----------
Click here:
Obviously it's all Bush's fault!
Pete

Nashville, TN

#68045 Feb 19, 2013
Nuh wrote:
That's par for the course. They are as much to blame as the some of the bad employees. They will not spend a dime to investigate anyone.

Location hidden

#68047 Feb 19, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
The Religious Fanatics have been claiming that People lived at the time of dinosaurs, to deny Evolution, because they cannot explain their Religious Ideology in any credible way, without it. Science says differently.
Now, I don't care what the Religious Ideologues choose to believe...they have that Right, but they do NOT have the Right to indoctrinate our children in false claims just to bolster and support their particular Religious Beliefs and to make them the Laughing stock of the World, for what they have been taught in our Schools! And THAT, I highly object to!
It's a "dumbing down" of our children that should NOT be tolerated and it's laying a basis for future Generations to be as Religiously Radical as the backward Countries that have spawned Al-Qaeda and the Taliban!
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#68048 Feb 19, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
----------
Click here:
Why is it that your knee-jerk reaction is to blame oil companies? The truth is that governments rake in a larger profit at the pump than anyone—and with gas taxes on the rise in many parts of the country, there's no relief in sight. In a typical gallon of gas, there is anywhere from $.67 to $.30 in taxes. Here’s a state by state chart:

http://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-gas-overvi...

According to U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA – a GOVERNMENT agency), crude oil costs make up about 76% of the cost of gasoline, which means that $2.66 of a $3.50 gallon of gasoline is set before the oil is even refined.

Global markets, reacting to supply and demand, determine the cost of crude, and a shortage in supply or an increase in demand leads to a rise in prices. Which is why we can’t blame Obama for the cost of gasoline. However, that didn’t stop liberals in the media from blaming Bush.

Refining is responsible for 6% of the cost of gasoline, and distribution and marketing adds another 6%.

Exxon made only seven cents PROFIT per gallon of gasoline in 2011.

Oh, and one other thing, guess who buys the most oil futures?

Hedge funds and bankers. Goldman Sachs in particular. In 2008, eight investment banks accounted for 32 percent of the total oil futures market. According to an analysis by McClatchy, only about 30 percent of oil futures traders are actual oil industry participants like airlines.

Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#68049 Feb 19, 2013
Obama on ANOTHER vacation...and golf..with, guess who???

The so-called 1%!

Plus, he came back to Michelle with his favorite 'personal assistant'...Reggie Love.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22808...

Location hidden

#68050 Feb 19, 2013
Nuh wrote:
All firearms must be declared to the airline during the ticket counter check-in process.
The firearm must be unloaded.
The firearm must be in a hard-sided container that is locked. A locked container is defined as one that completely secures the firearm from being accessed. Locked cases that can be pulled open with little effort cannot be brought aboard the aircraft.
If firearms are not properly declared or packaged, TSA will provide the bag to law enforcement for resolution with the airline. If the issue is resolved, law enforcement will release the bag to TSA so screening may be completed.
TSA must resolve all alarms in checked baggage. If a locked container containing a firearm alarms, TSA will contact the airline, who will make a reasonable attempt to contact the owner and advise the passenger to go to the screening location. If contact is not made, the container will not be placed on the aircraft.
If a locked container alarms during screening and is not marked as containing a declared firearm, TSA will cut the lock in order to resolve the alarm.
Travelers should remain in the area designated by the aircraft operator or TSA representative to take the key back after the container is cleared for transportation.
Travelers must securely pack any ammunition in fiber (such as cardboard), wood or metal boxes or other packaging specifically designed to carry small amounts of ammunition.
Firearm magazines and ammunition clips must be securely boxed or included within a hard-sided case containing an unloaded firearm.
Small arms ammunition, including ammunition not exceeding .75 caliber for a rifle or pistol and shotgun shells of any gauge, may be carried in the same hard-sided case as the firearm, as long as it follows the packing guidelines described above.
TSA prohibits black powder or percussion caps used with black-powder.
Rifle scopes are not prohibited in carry-on bags and do not need to be in the hard-sided, locked checked bag.
http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/firea...
Thank you, Nuh, that pretty much answers everything that I was wondering about.
Geez, if I were an LE Agent of some Kind, I would keep one gun for Airline Travel and one for carrying when I'm in my home area, rather than hve to pack and unpack one Gun and Ammo everytime I left home, for Airline travel.
One would think the Airport Officials could simplify that some way by checking the Owner's Credehtials.

Location hidden

#68051 Feb 19, 2013
WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened? I didn't get the usual "teapublican," "right-wing extremist," "bible-thumping," "knuckle-dragging child rapist" routine this morning...are you sick?
Lol! NO, just took a lengthy break from the Topix Snake Pit and became Normal, again. Don't worry, it probably won't last long , if I don't take another break when all the crap starts, again. In the meantime, don't question it, just enjoy it. Lol!
Pete

Nashville, TN

#68052 Feb 19, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that your knee-jerk reaction is to blame oil companies? The truth is that governments rake in a larger profit at the pump than anyone—and with gas taxes on the rise in many parts of the country, there's no relief in sight. In a typical gallon of gas, there is anywhere from $.67 to $.30 in taxes. Here’s a state by state chart:
http://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-gas-overvi...
According to U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA – a GOVERNMENT agency), crude oil costs make up about 76% of the cost of gasoline, which means that $2.66 of a $3.50 gallon of gasoline is set before the oil is even refined.
Global markets, reacting to supply and demand, determine the cost of crude, and a shortage in supply or an increase in demand leads to a rise in prices. Which is why we can’t blame Obama for the cost of gasoline. However, that didn’t stop liberals in the media from blaming Bush.
Refining is responsible for 6% of the cost of gasoline, and distribution and marketing adds another 6%.
Exxon made only seven cents PROFIT per gallon of gasoline in 2011.
Oh, and one other thing, guess who buys the most oil futures?
Hedge funds and bankers. Goldman Sachs in particular. In 2008, eight investment banks accounted for 32 percent of the total oil futures market. According to an analysis by McClatchy, only about 30 percent of oil futures traders are actual oil industry participants like airlines.
I agree TD, oil companies don't set the price, the market and state regulations do along with taxes and the price of oil. I came here from Georgia. The price of gas in Georgia was higher than in Tennessee all of the time. Why, because Georgia's taxes were higher. I don't think anyone ever thinks about how much it costs to drill for oil either. When gas goes up, the easy thing to do is blame the teapublican oil companies.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#68053 Feb 19, 2013
Much fanfare was made about Obama's $787 Billion Economic Spendulous - er I mean 'Stimulus. We even had crazy uncle Joe Biden talking about "Recovery Summer"....2010 where the federal government would spur 250,000 job creations per month....

Well, here we are Winter 2013...and just WHERE ARE THE JOBS? More importantly - WHERE DID THAT $787 Billion go???

For comparison, the Marshall Plan after WWII, you know - where the U.S. basically rebuilt all the countries on the European continent...it cost, in today's dollars,$120 Billion.

Ah, the effiency of a bloated federal government spending other people's money.

Location hidden

#68054 Feb 19, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Add Spikes Tactical to the list...
"
In light of the recent and numerous anti-gun and anti-2nd Amendment laws pending across the Nation, Spike’s Tactical will be joining other manufacturers and distributors and limiting the business we do in states that have limited the right to keep and bear arms for their citizens.
As of today, it will be our policy not to sell prohibited items to law enforcement agencies, government agencies and agents in states, counties, cities and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We urge other companies to join in support."
https://www.facebook.com/spikestactical
If this is accurate, I do NOT support this! The whole goal is to get the more powerful weapons out of the hands of criminals, NOT to take them away from Law Enforcement Authorities who have to deal with those same Criminals and Murderers who prey on innocent Law-abiding Citizens.
This is apparently a Florida Company, which makes it even more surprising. I wonder if it has something to do with FL. State Laws or an issue that we don't know about...such as Licensing. Just wondering...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#68055 Feb 19, 2013
Political posts on the political forum.

It's a wonderful day.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#68056 Feb 19, 2013
I find it hilarious that when the price of gas goes up a bit everyone blames the evil oil companies.

And yet, when college tuition's increase, we blame the debt burden by student’s, not the enormous sums demanded by the colleges.

Take a gander at this study that shows the enormous amounts of money our colleges have. Do we ever hear about “Big College”? NO! Colleges and universities are as exempt from criticism as Obama is from Benghazi.

Many of these colleges have BILLIONS in endowments. Where are the media pleas to give free tuition – after all these colleges have the money? Listed tuition is for LOCAL state residents. Out of State students pay far more.

http://www.nacubo.org/Documents/research/2011...

10th-richest: Texas A&M
Endowment funds last year:$7 billion
Students last fall: 49,861
Undergraduate tuition:$19,035 (estimated cost of attendance for Texas residents for one year at the main campus)

Ninth-richest: Northwestern University
Endowment funds last year:$7.2 billion
Change from previous year: 20.8%
Students last fall: 20,284
Undergraduate tuition:$40,223 for tuition, room and board

Eighth-richest: Columbia University
Endowment funds last year:$7.8 billion ($7,789,578,000)
Change from previous year: 19.5%
Students last fall: 28,221
Undergraduate tuition:$59,208 for tuition, room and board for the 2011-12 academic year for New York residents.

Seventh-richest: University of Michigan
Endowment funds last year:$7.8 billion ($7,834,752,000)
Change from previous year: 19.4%
Students last fall: 42,716 for the main Ann Arbor campus
Undergraduate tuition:$25,204 for tuition, room and board for on-campus residents for the 2011-12 school year.

Sixth-richest: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Endowment funds last year:$9.7 billion
Change from previous year: 16.8%
Students last fall: 10,894
Undergraduate tuition:$40,460 for tuition only for the 2011-12 academic year

Fifth-richest: Stanford University
Endowment funds last year:$17 billion
Change from previous year: 19.1%
Students last fall: 19,945
Undergraduate tuition:$52,860 for tuition, room and board for the 2011-12 academic year

Fourth-richest: Princeton University
Endowment funds last year:$17.1 billion
Change from previous year: 18.9%
Students last fall: 7,859
Undergraduate tuition:$54,780 for the estimated cost of attendance in the coming 2012-13 academic year, including tuition, room and board

Third-richest: University of Texas
Endowment funds last year:$17.2 billion
Change from previous year: 22%
Students last fall: 51,112 for the main Austin campus
Undergraduate tuition:$9,816 for residents,$32,594 for nonresidents, covering tuition only for the 2011-12 school year

Second-richest: Yale University
Endowment funds last year:$19.4 billion
Change from previous year: 16.3%
Students last fall: 11,875
Undergraduate tuition:$52,700 for tuition, room and board for the 2011-12 academic year

And of course the richest of all is Harvard:

The richest college: Harvard University
Endowment funds last year:$31.7 billion
Change from previous year: 15.1%
Students last fall: 21,000
Undergraduate tuition:$52,652 for tuition, room and board for the 2011-12 school year

Why is tuition so much, when they have so much money? That's the same logic that's used for soaking the rich, isn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 6 min Living Wage 3,328
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min No Surprize 153,722
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 10 min Pops 31,058
Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 12 min SusieQD 18,445
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 16 min Justice served 96,985
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 21 min Franklin 59,689
Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 35 min liberalP 6,443
•••

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••