Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Citizen Sound-Off Forum

Comments (Page 2,887)

Showing posts 57,721 - 57,740 of123,814
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
You Guys have been wanting me to disagree with Obama, and the Dems, on an Issue...well Baby, here it is! This is total discrimination and BS!
----------
"Older Smokers Priced Out Of Obamacare."
Click here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57565787/...
Well...as Nancy Pelosi said, "we have to pass it for you to see what's in it"!
Goodbye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

What is syterical ? Don't you mean hysterical?
Wonder IF wrote:
<quoted text>
It was syterical darlin' Yes am on SS, have a disability (back) but don't have disability. Why---because someone else would have to pay for it. It is not right. A FREE ride is what the Dem/libs want.BIG GOV. For the people that need it it is a great thing but so many abuse it. I am not one of them. I had left out food stamps which I am not on. I am not so sure about the claim that disability converts to Medicare. Will FInd out.. They are two different horses. One you get Medical care and the other you get paid for being disabled. Now the Medical part of disability may change over but the payment for the disability is through SSN and it does not quit???? Before I run my mouth out to far on that limb, I will find out and let you know.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

It's all different Divisions of Social Security...and It's SSI, not SSN. SSN stand s for your Social Security Number!
SSI is part of the Social Security that pays you extra, if your Social Benefits are not enough for you to live off of.
Disability Benefits for People of any age that aren't able to work, comes out of the social Security Fund. It all does, except for Public Assistance Programs such as welfare and Food Stamps, etc., which is entirely different and not part of Social Security, IN ANY WAY!
AND Social Security is entirely Self Sufficient in that it ALL comes from money that workers have paid into it and not a penny of it comes from INCOME TAXES! in fact, the Gov't. Stole alot of the money in the Trust Fund and replaced it with I.O.U.s, which the Gov't. cannot afford, NOW, to pick up! The Ultra Rich's Tax Breaks are more important! <S>
You would know all of this , if you were old enough to retire and draw Social Security...after all, it's a Fund that you would have paid into all of your Working Life.
If you have a Bak injury and you don't draw Social Security Disability or Medicare if you're old enough, which I don't bleieve that you are, I don't care what you claim to the contrary...where does your money come from??? How do you live???
Even the Super Wealthy who are eligible becuaseof age or disability, yell the loudest, if anybody even suggests that they have their Social Security Benefits reduced! So, how do you get by without any money, as you claim you can't work but you don't get any money from any Gov't.Assistance Programs(funded by Gov't. Tax Money) OR any Social Security Programs,(funded by what Working People pay into it), which is NOT the same thing! How do you get by???
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> In a word... YES.
In other words you think I should pay, through my hard earned money, for your healthcare. Not Medicare but rather Obamacare. Medicare/medicaid already takes of the old and disadvantaged. I have not problems with that.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Goodbye wrote:
What is syterical ? Don't you mean hysterical?<quoted text>
Satire
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words you think I should pay, through my hard earned money, for your healthcare. Not Medicare but rather Obamacare. Medicare/medicaid already takes of the old and disadvantaged. I have not problems with that.
Well...if you saw my tax bills, you might assume that I am paying for yours. That aside, again...in a word, yes.
I believe we are all in this great experiment called the "United States" together. We stand or fall as a group. Wasn't it Ben Franklin that said we should all hang together or we will surely hang separately... or words to that effect ?
Some of you folks think you are self sufficient, you don't need anything from anyone....until you do. You take for granted what is provided by all taxpayers for the benefit of all citizens which COULD NOT exist without the whole.
In this, the greatest country the world has ever known, it is unconcionable to have people who are denied healthcare simply because they have a pre-existing condition or because they have a job that does not provide health insurance and are too poor to buy it themselves.
This more than any other issue in my opinion, DESTROYS the right's contention that they are "Christians" or that this is a "Christian Nation". The Jesus of the Bible, the one I pray to would not turn his back on 40 million people simply because they are poor.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should start reading the Links that I've put up, to try to educate People like you, that don't have the faintest idea of what they're talking about!

If you won't even try to educate yourself about what Obamacare is, how it will work, who it will cover and what it will cost them...then, you don't even need to be commenting on it, PERIOD!

I didn't even understand it myself...and I read everything that was out there, but more and more is starting to come out about it as the time for it to fully go into effect, is drawing closer. I'm posting the Links as that information is coming out and I am finding it.
BTW, I don't think it was deliberately kept secret. I think that since the Teapublicans have blown so much money , trying to Repeal it, that All the Press wanted to wait and see if it "remained the same" or if it remained at all, before they reported alot of information that might turn out to be all fictitious, by 2014, the time that it will all be fully implemented, unless something changes this year, which is still a possibility!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Well...if you saw my tax bills, you might assume that I am paying for yours. That aside, again...in a word, yes.
I believe we are all in this great experiment called the "United States" together. We stand or fall as a group. Wasn't it Ben Franklin that said we should all hang together or we will surely hang separately... or words to that effect ?
Some of you folks think you are self sufficient, you don't need anything from anyone....until you do. You take for granted what is provided by all taxpayers for the benefit of all citizens which COULD NOT exist without the whole.
In this, the greatest country the world has ever known, it is unconcionable to have people who are denied healthcare simply because they have a pre-existing condition or because they have a job that does not provide health insurance and are too poor to buy it themselves.
This more than any other issue in my opinion, DESTROYS the right's contention that they are "Christians" or that this is a "Christian Nation". The Jesus of the Bible, the one I pray to would not turn his back on 40 million people simply because they are poor.
You are so right, OT! The measure that any Nation's Society is judged by , is how well they take care of the Poorest and Weakest , among them!
With all this Selfish, Greedy Complaining that the Teapublicans do about how much they have to pay in Taxes...I posted a Link comparing the amount that U.S. Citizens pay in taxes, compared to all the other Civilized Countries in the world and, the U.S. was the Lowest Taxed Nation in the World, by far!
It came from the Yahoo Business Website and I posted it yesterday. If any of you don't believe me, it's on this Thread...go back to yesterday and read it for yourself!
It's absolutely incredible how Spoiled most Americans are and how much they take for granted, especially the Teapublicans who want more and more for themselves and to He*l with everybody else!
BC resident

Camden, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Sassy,a person on disability gets medicare after they have been on disability for 24 months. The premium for 2013 is up to $104.90 and the deductible is $147.00 up from $140.00
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Federal Court: Obama, you abused your power!

DEVELOPING: Obama recess appointments unconstitutional, court

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/...

a federal appeals court on Friday overturned President Obama’s controversial recess appointments from last year, ruling he abused his powers and acted when the Senate was not actually in a recess.

The three-judge panel’s ruling is a major blow to Mr. Obama. The judges ruled that the appointments Mr. Obama made to the National Labor Relations Board are illegal, and the board no longer has a quorum to operate.

But the ruling has even broader constitutional significance, with the judges arguing that the president’s recess appointment powers don’t apply to “intrasession” appointments — those made when Congress has left town for a few days or weeks.

And I thought Obama was an expert on the Constitution. He was probably smoking dope during that lesson.....
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Well...if you saw my tax bills, you might assume that I am paying for yours. That aside, again...in a word, yes.
Of this I agree with you on some points however, there is a fallacy about your thinking. Can't get into it at this moment, but will a little later.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right, OT! The measure that any Nation's Society is judged by , is how well they take care of the Poorest and Weakest , among them!
With all this Selfish, Greedy Complaining that the Teapublicans do about how much they have to pay in Taxes...I posted a Link comparing the amount that U.S. Citizens pay in taxes, compared to all the other Civilized Countries in the world and, the U.S. was the Lowest Taxed Nation in the World, by far!
It came from the Yahoo Business Website and I posted it yesterday. If any of you don't believe me, it's on this Thread...go back to yesterday and read it for yourself!
It's absolutely incredible how Spoiled most Americans are and how much they take for granted, especially the Teapublicans who want more and more for themselves and to He*l with everybody else!
It would not matter if Obamacare striped everyone of their livelyhood. All you care about that it came from the dem/libs so anything you say is biased to a point you cannot debate any subject. Even though I respect your opinion, I will not listen to someone who lives in a glass bubble.
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should start reading the Links that I've put up, to try to educate People like you, that don't have the faintest idea of what they're talking about!
If you won't even try to educate yourself about what Obamacare is, how it will work, who it will cover and what it will cost them...then, you don't even need to be commenting on it, PERIOD!
I didn't even understand it myself...and I read everything that was out there, but more and more is starting to come out about it as the time for it to fully go into effect, is drawing closer. I'm posting the Links as that information is coming out and I am finding it.
BTW, I don't think it was deliberately kept secret. I think that since the Teapublicans have blown so much money , trying to Repeal it, that All the Press wanted to wait and see if it "remained the same" or if it remained at all, before they reported alot of information that might turn out to be all fictitious, by 2014, the time that it will all be fully implemented, unless something changes this year, which is still a possibility!
This post, like all of your others, is so full of incorrect statements I don't know where to start. First of all, I have read the entire document twice because these new regulations affect me and my business greatly. I am not going to go into every detail of this document, but the bottom line is that there are new Obamacare taxes that everyone will have to pay to help fund this program. Reduced medicare spending is supposed to fund the rest. Businesses are going to be hit hard starting in 2014 with new taxes to help fund this. As a result, businesses will start raising prices or reducing staff to help pay for these new taxes. In short, more people will get healthcare, but it will be at the cost of less jobs and higher prices. You can spin it all you want, but this is the essence of this bill. Just read it and you will see.

Second, any information on this legislation was kept quiet because our President and certain leaders in the Senate didn't want the details getting out because they knew it would never be passed if they were. The media and our president didn't want the details getting leaked because if they were, he would look very bad. This legislation was written in a hurry, never scrutinized for its real impact on our economy, never scrutinized regarding whether it would actually lower healthcare costs and was simply a political tool. Healthcare premiums are now skyrocketing due to the anticipation of the impact of this regulation and businesses are now converting to a 100% part time work force to fall outside of it. This is no secret and is happening right now.

Your statement and your often used term "Teapublicans" can't be any more incorrect. The actual regulation was done as an executive order. In other words, the President approved it with "executive privledge." Any type of lobbying by your so called Teapublicans would have been done in vain because this regulation wasn't enacted by Congress. You may be referring to public campaigns via tv ads to inform the public on what was exactly in the bill, however, the bill already had less than a 40% approval rating. The public was already against it so why run a campaign against it if the public is already agreeing with you? This simply did not happen. Our president knew about the details in the bill, knew the public disagreed with it, and authorized it anyway.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

BC resident wrote:
Sassy,a person on disability gets medicare after they have been on disability for 24 months. The premium for 2013 is up to $104.90 and the deductible is $147.00 up from $140.00
Thanks! I've never been on Disability, but my Dad was, for a short period of time, when he developed his Health Problems. Then, he turned old enough to qualify for Social Security and Medicare and he was switched over, by the SS Dept., I thought. But, it may have been done when he signed up to draw his Social Security...or it may have changed since then, in the way they do it.
He was still working when his severe Health Problem began, but he was almost old enough to retire. So, I don't doubt but that your information is correct. I don't remember his exact age, but I know that he was in his 60's, when he had to quit work because of his first Surgery, the first one of many to follow.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
It would not matter if Obamacare striped everyone of their livelyhood. All you care about that it came from the dem/libs so anything you say is biased to a point you cannot debate any subject. Even though I respect your opinion, I will not listen to someone who lives in a glass bubble.
And THAT, My Dear, is why you never learn anything and are Soooo misinformed! A Closed Mind will never know the truth because it has no way of learning it! How unfortunate that you're only interested in the Ideology and not in learning the truth about the Issues from any source that offers it!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

...you'll never learn...
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

What difference does it make?

Forget passing the House. Feinstein is gonna have to buy off votes in the Senate:

Assault Weapons Ban Lacks Democratic Votes to Pass Senate

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-25/assa...

A proposed ban on sales of assault weapons would be defeated in the U.S. Senate today unless some members changed their current views, based on a Bloomberg review of recent lawmaker statements and interviews.

At least six of the 55 senators who caucus with Democrats have recently expressed skepticism or outright opposition to a ban, the review found. That means Democrats wouldn’t have a simple 51-vote majority to pass the measure, let alone the 60 votes needed to break a Republican filibuster to bring it to a floor vote.

Reid's Senate: Stopping government like a stoppud up sink.
BC resident

Camden, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! I've never been on Disability, but my Dad was, for a short period of time, when he developed his Health Problems. Then, he turned old enough to qualify for Social Security and Medicare and he was switched over, by the SS Dept., I thought. But, it may have been done when he signed up to draw his Social Security...or it may have changed since then, in the way they do it.
He was still working when his severe Health Problem began, but he was almost old enough to retire. So, I don't doubt but that your information is correct. I don't remember his exact age, but I know that he was in his 60's, when he had to quit work because of his first Surgery, the first one of many to follow.
My spouse was put on disability at 54 for severe copd. After 24 months medicare automatically kicked in. On the other hand if a person retired at 62 they cannot get medicare until the age of 65. I am 65 and now receive widow's benefits.
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
And THAT, My Dear, is why you never learn anything and are Soooo misinformed! A Closed Mind will never know the truth because it has no way of learning it! How unfortunate that you're only interested in the Ideology and not in learning the truth about the Issues from any source that offers it!
And I suppose that you think you are the only supplier of truth and nothing you say has anything to do with ideology but your interpretation of the truth. You maam, are probably the most uninformed, opinionated poster on this forum - ever. The truth speaks for itself, you speaking for the truth only distorts it.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

All you gun owners better check this out.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/20701142/gu...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 57,721 - 57,740 of123,814
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Search the Citizen Sound-Off Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 4 min Unaccomplished and Fading 51,325
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 8 min Red Dodge Pickup 2,112
OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 18 min Stella 62,229
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 19 min State of Florida 49,534
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 21 min Dumb Ass Liberals 92,176
Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 21 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,782
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 41 min General Robert E Lee 39,484
•••
•••
•••
•••