Who do you support for Coroner in Nic...
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Ky Girl

Lexington, KY

#182 Feb 2, 2014
I learned wrote:
Vote for anybody except Michael hughes. He and his wife are the most disrespectful people you will ever meet. They think their shit don't stink. They are crazy as a bunch of nuts. Write in anybody but these crazy asses. Get somebody that don't pretend to be a doctor cause he ain't.
MIchael Hughes never said he was a doctor. He is however a cardiac consultant.He is also knowledgeable in resperatory care, as he and his wife owned a business for many years. His Medical education continues to this day, as he feels it is vital to be currant in these matters. You are trying to put words in his mouth, but those of us Who know him and what he has done for our community know the truth. We will not swallow your lies. As far as respect goes,, anyone who has had a loved one deseased,in this county, we know differently. During his tenure, I have had two people I cared about pass away. I personally have experienced the caring nature, and expertise they he brings to the position. Also, at a time when families are the most vulnerable, Mr. Hughes and his staff can help guide families through the process. They do not see it as a job,but as a way to give care and respect to those families who are bereaved in our county.
Kentucky boy

Lexington, KY

#183 Feb 3, 2014
You must be his wife cause nobody else believes that [email protected], not even his own deputies, funeral homes, cops, eemts.
Kentucky boy

Versailles, KY

#184 Feb 3, 2014
Why does he always wear that scope around his neck? Sides that he got fired from his last job and as for the Layne medical he and she owned they left in the middle of the night not even telling their employees. How much do you think they left owing people. Hear some agencies are looking at them.
Ky Girl

Lexington, KY

#185 Feb 3, 2014
Kentucky boy wrote:
You must be his wife cause nobody else believes that [email protected], not even his own deputies, funeral homes, cops, eemts.
Ky. Boy, You are still as full of hate and untruths as were were last time around. Changing your alias does not fool people for one second. No, I am definitely not Mrs. Hughes, in fact, I find your remark laughable, to even suggest that I am. On a number of points I take you to task: 1.) The stethoscope is to check for a pulse. In Mr. Hughes field, it is perfectly acceptable to have one. Using it , is more effective than trying to feel for one.( FYI, I happened to have a little bit of real medical knowledge myself ; 4 years of real medical training 2.) He is a board certified Physicians Assistant, as well as a former medic, Worked as a respiratory therapist, and was a cardiologist technician consultant. 3.) You can not speak for his deputies. I do happened to know they are loyal to the man, as they know he does an excellent job. You may wonder how I know tha. It is because I happen to know them personally. 4.) He also works well with other agencies here, and in other counties. Funeral homes do not have any qualms working with him, why would they? He releases the body to the funeral homes the family request, as soon as the law allows him to do so. Period. His wife would not have been able to speak for Mr.Hughes ability to perform his job in a respectful manner from My perspective. As I stated in my earlier posts, I have personally lost two people whom I was close to during Mr. Hughes' tenure. How dare you trivialize my losses, by saying I am making it up, and that I am someone other than myself? 5.) The business that they owned that they closed was done so over a period of time. They made sure all existing clients were in good hands before they left. They also did give their employees plenty of notice as to their intentions to close. It was actually done in stages. Nothing overnight , no skipping town as you said. Again, you are great at twisting things. Your purely fabricated tales show you are a desperate person .6.) Mr. Hughes was not fired from his job. That again, is a lie. 8.) You seem intent on spreading gossipy style lies. But I for one won't stand for it. You insult people's intelligence to do so. The real citizens who have dealt with this man as our coroner, do know the true character and medical expertise this gentleman brings to the office. The improvements made to the office , bringing it up to date, is phenomenal. At no expense to the tax payers, I might add. The coroner's page in the Journal has been a practical column for our citizens to use as a reference on a variety of subjects. If you want to back someone else for coroner, I say fine. That is your right. It is not however, your right to slander someone else. The citizens who care about our community are striving hard to keep it a place we can be proud of. Using grade school tactics of slander and using vulgar type language is not what our community needs to make positive changes for the betterment of everyone.
Kentucky boy

Lexington, KY

#186 Feb 3, 2014
Check out how he made changes and brought the office up to date like the fireplace and then go to the county judges office and see who paid for it. Yes it was good ole taxpayers. Why is his wife banned from stores and was removed from the Coroners training course because she is a felon. Now dispute that if you can.
Kentucky boy

Lexington, KY

#187 Feb 3, 2014
By the way who are his deputies? Seems like he has gone through a lot of them. What about that first years salary he was supposed to give up? If the deputies he ran with were so great what happened to them?
Ky Girl

Lexington, KY

#188 Feb 4, 2014
You can throw up accusations until the cows come home, that does not make them true. As far as two of the former deputies, One left for personal reasons, that had nothing to do with the job.MR> king left because of family health issues, as well as other business obligations that caused him not to have the time needed to fullfill his duties. I assume those are no longer issues for him since he now is running for the office himself. No, he did not "go through them" but the job is demanding. In both instances, the guys left as they in good conscience could not fullfill the duties. Yes, none of them recieved a salary for the first year. That part is true. The majority of the remodling was not at taxpayers expense, but rather, the items were donated, or payed for out of pocket. Even the installation was out of pocket. The Judge would not have those on the county books, that is not true.
Kentucky boy

Lexington, KY

#189 Feb 4, 2014
Meet me at the county judges office tomorrow at noon. I will show you the $19,000 worth of bullshit that was paid for by the taxpayers of this county. Secondly, I asked marty and Dennis why they left. You need to do the same. I bet they do not tell you what you want to hear. In fact, let's put a wager on everything I have said. Make it easy on your self. I am open up to $10,000. Prove me wrong and I will give it to Hughes. Put your money where your mouth is but you need to get the whole truth before you start spending money.
Kentucky boy

United States

#190 Feb 4, 2014
Not only did hughes NOT give up his salary, he got an additional $300 per month to spend any way he wants. It is an open record for gods sake, stop the bullshit and look for yourself.
Kentucky boy

Lexington, KY

#191 Feb 5, 2014
Waited till 1:15 at Neal Cassitys office. You must not want to know the truth. Kelly said anybody can get a copy of each years disbursements from the county. Hughes did take a salary plus an additional $300 per month. I suspect you already knew that.
Ky Girl

Nicholasville, KY

#192 Feb 5, 2014
You are wrong. HHe gave up 1 years salary as he said he would. The 300.00 dollars is far less than allotted for other offices. BUt that has nothing to do with his salary, nor does it have anything to do with the remodling.
Kentucky boy

Lexington, KY

#193 Feb 5, 2014
[email protected] Believe what you want. The rest of us know the truth. Why did you not show up at the Judges office? Go without me and see for yourself. I will still make that bet with you or anybody else that wants to lose their money.
Very Interesting

Richmond, KY

#194 Feb 19, 2014
The law will not allow Hughes to give up his salary. I have read all these statements and passed the information to the Floyd county family that knew nothing of Hughes credentials. Married into the family in 1985. Looks like the immediate family would know all his accomplisments. Not a family member ever knew he was in the Navy or anything else posted here. They find it strange too.. Look in topix/Pikeville or Paintsville.KY most things are public record and yes you have to go to court house to look these things up. They had trouble in Johnson Co. KY.. he was partner with Doug Fleming. Family (Floyd C0) didn't even know the Hughes even owned a house in Jessamine Co. In fact, they have never been to their home.
Ky Girl

Greenup, KY

#195 Feb 20, 2014
Kentucky boy wrote:
Meet me at the county judges office tomorrow at noon. I will show you the $19,000 worth of bullshit that was paid for by the taxpayers of this county. Secondly, I asked marty and Dennis why they left. You need to do the same. I bet they do not tell you what you want to hear. In fact, let's put a wager on everything I have said. Make it easy on your self. I am open up to $10,000. Prove me wrong and I will give it to Hughes. Put your money where your mouth is but you need to get the whole truth before you start spending money.
First off, I don't make wagers. Gambling isn't in my nature. But it is funny, Dennis would tell you differently than he told me. Marty as well gave me a different answer. Marty said the job was taking more time than he realized it would. He felt he could not give it the kind of attention Jessamine county needed. He would no longer be able to continue at the pace that was required. As far as Dennis, When I asked him, He said he had several reasons.!.)health issues in his family. 2.) time constraints. 3.) Obligations to his real estae business were making him unable to continue in the capacity as deputy Coroner. How can you claim any monies spent at all was not going to be spent to get our coroner's office up to modern standards? We now have a more modern facility, That saves the taxpayers in the long run . We can now perform certain tasks in county that we were not able to do in the past. Also,building matainence is included in monies spent, although the coroner's office is not the only one who occupies the building.
Ky Girl

Greenup, KY

#196 Feb 20, 2014
Kentucky boy wrote:
[email protected] Believe what you want. The rest of us know the truth. Why did you not show up at the Judges office? Go without me and see for yourself. I will still make that bet with you or anybody else that wants to lose their money.
Number 1.) I don't know you. Number 2. I have been out of town , just returning after 8 days.. 3.) I don't make it a habit to meet stragers I speak with on the internet. In case you didn't know, that is usually a bad idea.4.) I am not a gambler, though you may be. I don't need to bet with you. The truth speaks for itself. The man has brought the coroner's office in this county up to acceptable standards. Money spent has to be approved by the judge. Unless you are questioning the Judge Cassity's ability to spend the taxpayers money, you do not have a leg to stand on. Any items recommended for purchase by the coroner, have to be approved. If you were so sure, you would be able to produce line item copy of expenditures. Instead, you want to make childish wagers, or try to get others to rise to the bait, Me not betting with you does not mean you are right.I do however, think that you seem to think bullying others makes you right, when in fact, it does not prove anything.
Ky Girl

Greenup, KY

#197 Feb 20, 2014
Very Interesting wrote:
The law will not allow Hughes to give up his salary. I have read all these statements and passed the information to the Floyd county family that knew nothing of Hughes credentials. Married into the family in 1985. Looks like the immediate family would know all his accomplisments. Not a family member ever knew he was in the Navy or anything else posted here. They find it strange too.. Look in topix/Pikeville or Paintsville.KY most things are public record and yes you have to go to court house to look these things up. They had trouble in Johnson Co. KY.. he was partner with Doug Fleming. Family (Floyd C0) didn't even know the Hughes even owned a house in Jessamine Co. In fact, they have never been to their home.
First of all, The family is well aware where the Hughes live. Many have visited them. Yes, the family is not only aware of Mr. Hughes military stint, they are proud of his accomplishments. You may be talking to a part of the family that has little to do with the rest, or maybe you made this whole thing up. As far as a former partner, not knowing someone served in the military, that isn't so far fetched. My father was a military man. Few of his partners/ fellow brick masons knew he was a vet. My father was proud of his service, he just did not brag about it.
prestonsburg ky

Richmond, KY

#198 Feb 20, 2014
Ky Girl... name the family if you know them or have seen them. You really don't know what you are talking about .. or someone has given you the wrong information.. The family didn't visit them when they lived in Lackey KY. Hughes worked for Dr. Ira Potter.
Interesting news

Richmond, KY

#200 Feb 26, 2014
went to topix/Prestonsburg KY and read the information on Michael & Donna Hughes.. This info came from a past co-worker. Sure was interesting to read.
nose4news

Lexington, KY

#201 Nov 24, 2015
Ann wrote:
EXPERIENCE! Who wants a home builder declaring them dead? Vote the medical professional. Vote Hughes.
It's five years later. Clearly, the same person has penned the 'Vote Hughes' posts. Might be wifey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 7 min Crowley 90,358
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr IND 228,389
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 1 hr NTMD8OR 80,647
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 2 hr Sick Man Freud 80,537
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 4 hr MSRose 104,743
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 10 hr WarForOil 83,865
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Idaho (Dis... (Oct '10) 17 hr spoon 10
More from around the web