Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#19166 Jul 21, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
SSI, as a tax, and as a percentage of income, the poor guy pays pays a larger percentage of his income, than the rich guy, towards this tax. The poor guy pays a larger percentage of his income to the nobamacare taxes, than the rich guy. The poor guy, pays a larger percentage of his income for excise taxes, than the rich guy. The "benefits" are not relevant here, though they do not justify the disproportionate tax assessments.

You forget that 48% of the people pay no income taxes. The rich guy pays huge excise taxes on jewelry, communications and expensive items such as yachts which a poor man can't afford. He also pays huge amounts of property taxes on possibly several expense homes and taxes on his expensive cars. He pays large amounts of taxes on airplane tickets and vacations. He probably donates his puny S.S. checks to a charity as he doesn't need them. He would have to pay taxes on his S.S. checks if he didn't donate them. We haven't even mentioned the income taxes that would be much higher than a poorer mans, that is if the poorer man paid any at all.
Perhaps you would like to see no cap at all put on S.S payouts per year.You would let the rich man pay 6.8% on all his salary, lets just say 2 million dollars a year, and receive a $3,400 a month for the $136,000 he put in every year till he hit 70 years old. He would have put in $5,440,000 into Social Security over a 40 year work period. He would get a $3,400 taxable check each month till he dies. That sounds fair.
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#19167 Jul 21, 2013
Why wrote:
<quoted text>
Basically the politicians and public employees lived high on the hog off taxpayers, gouged every dollar they could and promised money that did not exist, and put off any fixes that needed to be done year after year after year.
Brilliant post. I have never been to detroit, but I will bet that there are two issues that have led to bankruptcy= 1. somebody has been stealing money under the table, somewhere, somehow, someway and 2. They are flowing water down the drain, somewhere, somehow and someway.
I guess the corporate execs will need to fly to washington again with tin cups and ask for another handout, because they are too big to fail.
One more guess, what kind of tax breaks did those car companies get to stay in Detroit?

Douglasville, GA

#19168 Jul 21, 2013
I also didn't even figure in the other half of the Social Security tax that is paid by the employer. That would make the amount of money put into the rich mans S.S. account a total of $10,880,000.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Naples,FL

#19169 Jul 21, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
I also didn't even figure in the other half of the Social Security tax that is paid by the employer. That would make the amount of money put into the rich mans S.S. account a total of $10,880,000.
Guy makes $110K/year, pays $7K in SSI tax

Guy makes $1billion/year, pays $7k in SSI tax.

Douglasville, GA

#19170 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Guy makes $110K/year, pays $7K in SSI tax
Guy makes $1billion/year, pays $7k in SSI tax.
I am not arguing that point. Math doesn't lie. Each would get a $3,400 monthly check.
Take the cap off for the rich guy and he alone would pay in enough to pay for hundreds of people on Social Security. Sounds pretty communistic
to me, no doubt about it. Take from the rich and give to the poor. How fair would that be. I thought you were a conservative. Sorry I didn't want to take the stupid time to try and figure out how many people, as that would be variable due to retirement age and their incomes. I have no access to future statistics such as those. Actually way to much figuring for a dummy like me and way too much trouble for a Topix discussion. LOL
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#19171 Jul 21, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you notice I have often brought up Eric Holder and the Fast and Furious Scandal. I always thought it was important to find out just what type of corruption we have and where it is. Nobody, especially liberals, seemed to care.
I never voted for him, and I am proud of it.
Eric Holder is a CRIMINAL. Period. Congress held him in comtempt of Congress and Obama protected him with his executive privilege. I didn't know this and I'm sure alot of Americans don't know this. If they did, they probably wouldn't have voted for that crook Obama. Obama trashed the Bush administration for his use of the privilege, but had a big smile on his face when he invoked the privilege. Him and Obama are both hypocritical crooks. They should arrest Holder today. There was nothing political about this investigation. This was a clear clase of perjury on the behalf of Holder, if nothing else. Obama should fire him at the least. How can we expect justice; when there is a crook running the DOJ? I hope Obama and Holder pays for the destruction of America and our Laws.
Holder is a criminal in comtempt of this Country. Period.
http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2013/05...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/20/wh...
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#19172 Jul 21, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>...and then your crocs would die- but no one ever said that wackos can't have it both ways, did they.
Are you a mexican, Jeb? Just askin.
Why

Baldwin, GA

#19173 Jul 21, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Right Wingers.
Making sure your Arab Muslim buddies get debt relief,( we don't need the money do we),
but an American city ask for debt relief - no damn way.

Slammed dunked you on the other BS post about the $40 billion, so now you start a new BS spreader. Put your dog on, I'll talk to him.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#19174 Jul 21, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
She is doing what her boss tells her to do. Go sell the AHCA by any means necessary. Lying and distortion bothers no one in this Administration.
This whole Administration are a bunch if liars and crooks. I hope Eygpt burns Obama's a$$ for funding the Muslim Brotherhood with our tax dollars. I believe Obama is a muslim now. I believe he hates Americans. He should be removed from office and put in Federal Prison.(IMO)
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#19175 Jul 21, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have also been keeping an eye on him. I do think that he showboats sometimes but that is o.k. with me. He is extremely intelligent and seems to have very good common sense. He seems almost to good to be true. Knowing what I know of him right now I would consider voting for him.
I think Trey Gowdy should get prosecute Obama and Holder, when evidence is made available by Eygpt. That they stole American tax dollars to fund the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist plan to destoy Israel. I believe Obama is a Muslim Terrorist and is trying to destroy America for his Islamic brothers. I could post link after link proving this, but what's the use.
Why

Baldwin, GA

#19176 Jul 21, 2013
formerresident wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant post. I have never been to detroit, but I will bet that there are two issues that have led to bankruptcy= 1. somebody has been stealing money under the table, somewhere, somehow, someway and 2. They are flowing water down the drain, somewhere, somehow and someway.
I guess the corporate execs will need to fly to washington again with tin cups and ask for another handout, because they are too big to fail.
One more guess, what kind of tax breaks did those car companies get to stay in Detroit?

Don't know about tax breaks, but the bailout topped over "the feds in 2009 were handing out fistfuls of cash to bolster the auto industry, beyond the $64 billion used to bail out GM and Chrysler. Treasury staked another $18.7 billion on rescuing the companiesí auto lending affiliates (it still owns 74% of Ally, formerly known as GMAC). And the Energy Department doled out billions more to Ford and others to preserve auto-making jobs in the U.S. while steering the industry toward cleaner vehicles."

In addition Ford borrowed $6 billion, to be paid by the year 2022.

What's a few billion when the Fed Reserve is printing out over $1 trillion every year for the time Obama has been in office.

Next up is Quad Trillion as long as paper is in supply. I heard there is getting to be a shortage of paper in Obama's admin.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#19177 Jul 21, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your not just an American. You are a informed American that cares about his country.
Thanks Dave.
Why

Baldwin, GA

#19178 Jul 21, 2013
formerresident wrote:
<quoted text>

As of April 2013:
"For instance, budget details put out by the Treasury Department indicate a move to increase and make permanent a research and experimentation tax credit set to expire at the end of this year.

As recently as earlier today, William Smith, an official with Detroit-based American Axle & Manufacturing, was telling a congressional subcommittee that research and development incentives needed to be made permanent to allow U.S. automakers and suppliers to adequately plan for the future.

It comes with a big price tag, however:$99-billion in lost tax revenues over the next decade, according to Treasury charts."
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#19179 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Now, why would you say that I am a moron?
I don't think you're a moron dude. Why don't you call our current Generals and demand they rise up against this repression and destruction of the South?
Why

Baldwin, GA

#19180 Jul 21, 2013
And then there was the Federal tax credit of $10 k per electric car costing the treasury Billions upon Billions.

Hey, money grows on trees, just as Obamie.

But the paper shortage is going to put a stop to it. Georgia Pacific is tired of selling paper to the gubmint fro pennies while the Feds turn it into Trillions.
Ga Pacific Said" why should we sell for pennies to the gubmint when we can sell to the public of more profit.

Yep, some private enterprise are slow on the uptake.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#19181 Jul 21, 2013
<quoted text>
No, we could, and most likely would, put the Panama Canal out of business. You need to warm up to the idea, even if it wasn't yours.
Jeb just knows that will be the end of his beloved mexicans entering this country ILLEGALLY and robbing us blind.
Why

Baldwin, GA

#19182 Jul 21, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I think Trey Gowdy should get prosecute Obama and Holder, when evidence is made available by Eygpt. That they stole American tax dollars to fund the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist plan to destoy Israel. I believe Obama is a Muslim Terrorist and is trying to destroy America for his Islamic brothers. I could post link after link proving this, but what's the use.

I can believe it; don't know if it's true, but also don't doubt it.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#19183 Jul 21, 2013
Why wrote:
<quoted text>
I can believe it; don't know if it's true, but also don't doubt it.
It's clear his Faith and of his total disrespect for Christians, by his actions. I just never really looked. Why would anyone make jokes about the Bible or Christians in his position?

Why would anyone tell a Catholic University to cover the Symbols of Jesus before you'd come speak at their school? Most Christians I know respect other religions. Muslims only respect violence and death.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#19184 Jul 21, 2013
This has nothing to do with anything, but given the "bless your hearts" going on here lately, some might find this entertaining. And considering that I couldn't find anything on the radio except talk of the Trayvon Martin case driving home today, I just don't have the energy for anything heavy right now. Enjoy. Pardon the mild profanity, please.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/euzjO51pQvU...
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#19185 Jul 21, 2013
Obama is a Dictator. He only cares for muslims and Illegal aliens. He wants to replace Americans with illegal aliens and convert them to Muslims. He thinks our reporters shouldn't even ask questions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Jay 193,606
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 19 min Ithinkso 22,176
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 4 hr Dalai Lama 81,552
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) 19 hr Archie Bunker 8
Election Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) Fri Forever farting 20,003
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) Fri DAN the SOLOsexual 102,242
Election Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) Fri Chilli J 6,074
More from around the web