Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Citizen Sound-Off Forum

Comments (Page 911)

Showing posts 18,201 - 18,220 of47,433
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Why

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Bless your heart.

Bless his heart because his brains are scattered.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Why wrote:
<quoted text>
Bless his heart because his brains are scattered.
Bless his heart because he believes his dog can talk.
Why

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Bless his heart because he believes his dog can talk.

Bless the dog because he's smarter than his owner.
Why

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Detroit::
A very good read of what happened to Detroit. Also a portend of what will happen to other cities.
A great article.

"Detroit's unraveling can't be blamed solely on the city's reliance on one industry that itself buckled. Some point to the city's political leadership and its reluctance over the years to make tough decisions.

"I think it (the fiscal disaster) was inevitable because the politicians in Detroit were always knocking the can forward, not confronting the issues, buying off public employees by increasing their pensions," said Daniel Okrent, a Detroit native who wrote a Time magazine cover story on the city in 2009. "They were always kind of confronting the impending crisis by trying to make it the next guy's crisis."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_DET...

Why

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Why wrote:
Detroit::
A very good read of what happened to Detroit. Also a portend of what will happen to other cities.
A great article.
"Detroit's unraveling can't be blamed solely on the city's reliance on one industry that itself buckled. Some point to the city's political leadership and its reluctance over the years to make tough decisions.
"I think it (the fiscal disaster) was inevitable because the politicians in Detroit were always knocking the can forward, not confronting the issues, buying off public employees by increasing their pensions," said Daniel Okrent, a Detroit native who wrote a Time magazine cover story on the city in 2009. "They were always kind of confronting the impending crisis by trying to make it the next guy's crisis."
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_DET...

Basically the politicians and public employees lived high on the hog off taxpayers, gouged every dollar they could and promised money that did not exist, and put off any fixes that needed to be done year after year after year.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

<quoted text>
Simple math Dave of an unfair system, Take Michael Jordan's income, and what percentage of it does he pay in SSI tax? What percentage of income does Joe the Plumber pay in SSI tax?
fairtax.org
They both pay the same S.S. percentage rate of 6.8% up to the $110,00
Cap. Yes, the rich man will have a higher lifetime wage than the poor man. The rich man will have paid 6.8% of $110,000 per year, where the poorer man will have maybe paid 6.8% of a $50,000 wage per year. There is a maximum amount of a S.S. retirement payment no matter how much money the rich man makes. The rich man would pay more into the fund and get a somewhat larger check than the poor man, as the poor man didn't pay that much into the S.S. fund.
Xxx

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

No one
know

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
When "Bless Your Heart" is used indiscriminately, by those not involved in direct dialogue with another, only shows the ignorance of the user of the term.
I was using it in the context of dealing with a complete moron, YOU, just so you know.
please

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Why wrote:
<quoted text>
Basically the politicians and public employees lived high on the hog off taxpayers, gouged every dollar they could and promised money that did not exist, and put off any fixes that needed to be done year after year after year.
And voters just like you keep electing them year after year, no damn matter the party or the political leaning. Majority rules and the majority just ain't to bright. They throw voters a social issue bone and the feeding frenzy begins.

Voter are always pissed off at somebody or over some issue, the big picture eludes them. Voters get exactly what they deserve, argue that, please.
please

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The average guy pays what, 6% of his income in SSI taxes? With the cap on this "tax" set at what.,$110K, what percentage of income does nobama pay in SSI taxes?
Wake up idiot, bitching all the time. SSI is for the poor and the middle class. The rich could give a damn, but it they paid nothing and got nothing you would also bitch about that. Are you the same man who not so long ago posted about closing up his business and sending his employees down the road. If you live you are the winner in SSI, just like any insurance, if you don't it was just another bad bet. And a bet is all any insurance is, and make no mistake, SSI is insurance, its not a grant or a damn guarantee. I am so feed up with stupid people who think they are owed something, it is just sickening. This tread is the honey hole of the stupid out of touch with reality who believe that it ain't my fault its ALWAYS somebody else's. And you nuts can and do vote, no wonder we are in such a shape. Blame someone other than yourself, or the people that you voted for, or the fact that you are in the minority. You want to change the Constitution to minority rule, have at it, please.

Great man that you are, come on bitch some more. Robert E. Lee is flipping up and down in his grave knowing that you are defaming his good name. Sorry for the rant, its just so scary to actually see in print in their own words what some people believe! Your failure is YOUR FAULT, nobody else's.
Why

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

please wrote:
<quoted text>
And voters just like you keep electing them year after year, no damn matter the party or the political leaning. Majority rules and the majority just ain't to bright. They throw voters a social issue bone and the feeding frenzy begins.
Voter are always pissed off at somebody or over some issue, the big picture eludes them. Voters get exactly what they deserve, argue that, please.

Well hey Ugly Eve.
Why would I argue against the very things I post and which you have verified.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Why wrote:
<quoted text>You are a real nut case!

You've been pushing this BS so long, it's now time to call you on it.

"The enormous undertaking of moving the billions began in the heavily guarded Federal Reserve compound on 100 Orchard Street in East Rutherford, NJ. There, carefully screened employees loaded pallets of cash into tractor-trailers for their journey down I-95 toward Washington, DC. The money came from an account held at the New York Fed called the “Development Fund for Iraq” which was made up of billions of dollars in Saddam Hussein’s financial assets that had been frozen under various US and global sanctions regimes. They weren’t taxpayer dollars, but the US government was responsible for making sure they got where they were going."
Nice try.

More World Net Daily silliness.

There weren't billions if dollars in assets to be seized.

Remember we had already taken all the money, instituted an embargo, and prevented Hussein from selling oil for years before the invasion so he had no ability to generate billions and if he did, he sure didn't send them to our banks.

Nice try though.
Why

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
Here is an article that will make you furious. Food stamps being used to feed the world.
Perhaps much the food stamp fraud would end if the states went back to giving out commodities such as flour, canned meat, peanut butter, etc instead of a EBT card. It worked for decades, and people got of the commodities as soon as they could. They didn't starve but it sure wasn't as nice as going to the store and buying some nice steaks as they do now. It was much less expensive to feed the people that drew these commodities which gives the taxpayers a good break. It gave people an incentive to get off welfare and go to work.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/it_on_y...

EBT cards have become a black market commodity in the hispanic and black communities.

Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Bless your heart.
Why thanks.

Bless yours too.

Hopefully we can all work to gather to keep from helping our fellow Americans in need.

Hey.... Maybe the Right Wingers here could demand the subsidized and free money just received here in Union County to replace water lines could be sent to Detroit.

They don't mind sharing with us.

Oh wait ... They're our brothers and sisters under God, in our indivisible nations.

Wait.... Did I just use the words from the Pledge of Allegiance, "One nation, indivisible", in a post to an author who uses the name "Robert E. Lee" - the guy who killed 625,000 Americans trying to divide our nation ?

Now that's irony.

Relax - just poking fun.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

please wrote:
<quoted text>And voters just like you keep electing them year after year, no damn matter the party or the political leaning. Majority rules and the majority just ain't to bright. They throw voters a social issue bone and the feeding frenzy begins.

Great post.

The definition of insanity - electing the same politicians from the same parties over and over, under the same circumstances, and expecting a different result.

The Republicans demand we destroy democracy and Democrats pretend they can't stop 'em, and they all cash the checks from the corporations and the überrich.
Why

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try.
More World Net Daily silliness.
There weren't billions if dollars in assets to be seized.
Remember we had already taken all the money, instituted an embargo, and prevented Hussein from selling oil for years before the invasion so he had no ability to generate billions and if he did, he sure didn't send them to our banks.
Nice try though.

One last attempt to a dumb bunny. After this I want to talk to your dog.

The info came from libroid CNBC, here's the link. Read all 3 pages.

The seizures occurred over time.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/45031100

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They both pay the same S.S. percentage rate of 6.8% up to the $110,00
Cap. Yes, the rich man will have a higher lifetime wage than the poor man. The rich man will have paid 6.8% of $110,000 per year, where the poorer man will have maybe paid 6.8% of a $50,000 wage per year. There is a maximum amount of a S.S. retirement payment no matter how much money the rich man makes. The rich man would pay more into the fund and get a somewhat larger check than the poor man, as the poor man didn't pay that much into the S.S. fund.
SSI, as a tax, and as a percentage of income, the poor guy pays pays a larger percentage of his income, than the rich guy, towards this tax. The poor guy pays a larger percentage of his income to the nobamacare taxes, than the rich guy. The poor guy, pays a larger percentage of his income for excise taxes, than the rich guy. The "benefits" are not relevant here, though they do not justify the disproportionate tax assessments.

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

know wrote:
<quoted text>
I was using it in the context of dealing with a complete moron, YOU, just so you know.
Now, why would you say that I am a moron?
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Nope, salt water all the way, Pacific to the Gulf.
yeah, I am sure ships will be lining up make the two week, 1200 mi. trip on our canal when they could just use the one in Panama at a fraction of the cost and time. But maybe you were planning on bombing it into oblivion.

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

please wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up idiot, bitching all the time. SSI is for the poor and the middle class. The rich could give a damn, but it they paid nothing and got nothing you would also bitch about that. Are you the same man who not so long ago posted about closing up his business and sending his employees down the road. If you live you are the winner in SSI, just like any insurance, if you don't it was just another bad bet. And a bet is all any insurance is, and make no mistake, SSI is insurance, its not a grant or a damn guarantee. I am so feed up with stupid people who think they are owed something, it is just sickening. This tread is the honey hole of the stupid out of touch with reality who believe that it ain't my fault its ALWAYS somebody else's. And you nuts can and do vote, no wonder we are in such a shape. Blame someone other than yourself, or the people that you voted for, or the fact that you are in the minority. You want to change the Constitution to minority rule, have at it, please.
Great man that you are, come on bitch some more. Robert E. Lee is flipping up and down in his grave knowing that you are defaming his good name. Sorry for the rant, its just so scary to actually see in print in their own words what some people believe! Your failure is YOUR FAULT, nobody else's.
You couldn't be more off base, and you couldn't be more wrong about me. You have absolutely no consistency to any of your arguments, you have no guts to vote against the status quo, and I was actually sticking up for the little guy with my posts on our disproportionate tax system, but that went way over your head, straight up the hill to Suches, and you just sat and wondered WTF just happened.

By the way, I did close my largest business, sold the assets to the employees, who now own, manage, and benefit from it, very successful, and boy do they bitch about taxes, overhead, nobamacare, liability insurance, legal fees, accounting fees, costs of advertising, marketing, and client retention. Most of all though, they bitch about ignorant folk like you, who have no clue about what is really happening.

Here is some advice for you, pay attention to IO's dog.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,201 - 18,220 of47,433
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••