Ted Cruz ?<quoted text>This is a strike against Obamacare that we can both agree are bad for American workers. Ya think?
Ted Cruz ?
Here are just five of the most revealing windows into Cruz’ Tea Party worldview:
1) Ted Cruz published an article on his campaign website claiming that this non-binding document is actually a nefarious plot to “abolish ‘unsustainable’ environments, including golf courses, grazing pastures, and paved roads.”
2) Ted Cruz Wants To Gut Social Security: In an interview with the Texas Tribune Cruz outlined his plan to gut this essential program.
Cruz would raise the Social Security retirement age, cut future benefits, and implement a George W. Bush-style plan to privatize much of the program.
Had Social Security been privatized during the career of a worker who retired near the end of the Bush Administration, that worker would have retired with less money in their privatized account than they would have if they’d simply kept their money between their mattress and box spring.
3) Ted Cruz Wants To Party Like It’s 1829: The Constitution provides that Acts of Congress “shall be the supreme law of the land,” and thus cannot be nullified by rogue state lawmakers. Cruz, however, co-authored an unconstitutional proposal claiming the states could simply ignore the Constitution’s command and nullify the Affordable Care Act.
Of course, he's completely wrong, and either too crazy to know it, or just doesn't care.
4) Ted Cruz Is An Islamophobe: At a campaign event earlier this month, Cruz touted another of the Tea Party’s favorite conspiracy theories, claiming that “Sharia law is an enormous problem” in this country.
Although it is common for far right politicians to claim that American law is somehow being replaced with Islamic law, these claims have absolutely no basis in reality. Only a very few courts have ever even mentioned Sharia or Islamic law, and those that have were required to because the parties by contract, referred to the Sharia law.
5) Ted Cruz Campaigned On How He Helped Texas Kill A Mexican:
According to the Cruz' campaign ad,“Cruz fought all the way to the Supreme Court” after “the UN and World Court overruled a Texas jury’s verdict to execute an illegal alien.”
In reality, the case had nothing to do with whether Texas had the authority to kill this man. Rather, it concerned whether Texas could defy a treaty requiring it to inform foreign nationals who are arrested of their right “to request assistance from the consul of his own state.”
Even North Korea honored this treaty that Cruz fought to undermine. Imagine, North Korea's Right Wing Wackos have more respect for the rule of law than Ted Cruz.
Ted Cruz - Right Wing Wacko on steroids.