Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
What

Broken Arrow, OK

#17407 Jul 6, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, maybe Kerry was too busy thinking about his plans for the 4th. See links below.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23571...
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/07/05/state-d...
http://twitchy.com/2013/07/03/with-little-goi...

And when has Kerry ever been known to tell the truth. He's in good company with Obama and friends.
What

Broken Arrow, OK

#17408 Jul 6, 2013
Looks like Bush has turned into another rhino republican, or maybe he's been one all the time.

"George W. Bush to Speak on Immigration Reform."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
Scott

Braselton, GA

#17409 Jul 6, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually couldn't care less about whatever little moron loves to hit the clueless/nuts/disagree judgements rather than engage in discussion back and forth. However, to just be a knee jerk jackass about a story of a man who died after risking his life to successfully rescue a little girl truly hits a record low. You must be so proud.
Aggie, you just have to consider what kind of person would push those silly judgment icons as his/her only response to your post. This person saw first, your name and then your link, Fox News. This person may even be jealous of your ability to articulate your thoughts without cut and paste nor non-stop repetition. Then, there is Fox News, you know, the network that dares to question or criticize the Dear Leader, Obama.

The term "hero" is over-used in this country. The man who saved a little girl from drowning, then lost his life is a true American hero. But, there are those who believe Chris Collins, the NBA player who recently came out as gay was called a true American hero. Obama even called the guy on the phone and told him how much he admired Collin's courage and referred to him as a hero. Then there is Eric Snowden and Private Manning both of whom have been called heroes.

So, Aggie, the idiot who pushed those buttons was unwittingly paying you a compliment, a compliment which is richly deserved.
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

#17410 Jul 6, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
I think its rather sad that you think it takes guts to admit to misunderstanding a sentence.
..........
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
I would say the miscommunication was my fault,
You're right it is very sad that this type of forum quickly digenerates to the level of a school yard playground, with taunts, insults, spelling and grammar corrections, and personal attacks taking the place of substantive discussion. In such an atmosphere it does take guts to admit even the smallest error because of the good chance it will be used against you, blown out of proportion, then rationalized as "Hey, it's just politics, if you can't take the heat..."
you people

Adel, GA

#17411 Jul 6, 2013
danger zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one brainless example of the Obama fanbase. This post proves just how distracted & uninformed you are.
Maybe if you took the time to KNOW what the Republican Party leaders are doing you wouldn't sound so stupid. You get information from sources designed to make you happy so you will tune in. Or in the case of Mr. Broun and others telling you the fairytales you believe to get your vote. They are all feeding you a line of BS. Here is a "news" story on what the real Republican Party is thinking, don't know what they will actually do but they know they can't win on a national level dragging you and your friends along. A lot of middle of the road Republicans have bailed on the Party since the Tea Party fiasco, myself included.
What

Broken Arrow, OK

#17412 Jul 6, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right it is very sad that this type of forum quickly digenerates to the level of a school yard playground, with taunts, insults, spelling and grammar corrections, and personal attacks taking the place of substantive discussion. In such an atmosphere it does take guts to admit even the smallest error because of the good chance it will be used against you, blown out of proportion, then rationalized as "Hey, it's just politics, if you can't take the heat..."

Pot, Kettle, Black.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#17413 Jul 6, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hey, it's just politics, if you can't take the heat..."
Well now, since you cannot, or will not, answer direct questions, it's time you take your own advice.
What

Broken Arrow, OK

#17414 Jul 6, 2013
you people wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you took the time to KNOW what the Republican Party leaders are doing you wouldn't sound so stupid. You get information from sources designed to make you happy so you will tune in. Or in the case of Mr. Broun and others telling you the fairytales you believe to get your vote. They are all feeding you a line of BS. Here is a "news" story on what the real Republican Party is thinking, don't know what they will actually do but they know they can't win on a national level dragging you and your friends along. A lot of middle of the road Republicans have bailed on the Party since the Tea Party fiasco, myself included.

I've never seen anything posted from you to indicate you would be a republican(read conservative), but have seen you post many things to indicate you are a democrat(read liberal.)


What

Broken Arrow, OK

#17415 Jul 6, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now, since you cannot, or will not, answer direct questions, it's time you take your own advice.

Hear, hear.
you people

Adel, GA

#17416 Jul 6, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Did you see Bushmaster come out of hidin to support the amnesty bill that is in the House? That should be proof all by itself that this bill is foul. I can't believe Bush is even riskin his neck comin into the spotlight. If I were him I'd keep a low profile. He's lucky he isn't in jail. I said I thought him and Obama were best friends. Mr. Obama probably promised Bush amnesty on the condition that he'd get his buddies to go along with the amnesty bill. Bush doesn't care if the Republican party will never win another presidential election if the bill were to pass. He's just probably tired of hidin. Ya know?
Wrong, he is just using his common sense for a change, maybe trying to make up a little for ruining the economy. Its the RIGHT thing to do. You want to call it an amnesty bill when its not, that make you feel smart? Every letter you type points to the obvious conclusion as to why you dislike Mexicans. You know why and so does anyone with common sense. They go to work and work from sun up to sun down doing things Anglo's won't do anymore. They have built themselves into a community, they go to school, to church, raise their kids, pay taxes and even fight in the military for this country, and you just can't stand that.
folks like you

Adel, GA

#17417 Jul 6, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never seen anything posted from you to indicate you would be a republican(read conservative), but have seen you post many things to indicate you are a democrat(read liberal.)
Read what you want, you are somewhat correct. I was a repug, never a dem and now a person who sits in the middle and votes for what
in my opinion is the right thing to do.
Not because of some political party or what some talking head tells me to do. Sometimes I am liberal, sometimes conservative depending on a lot of different things. But NEVER a blind closed minded Tea Party Republican trying to push my beliefs on the world. That's what you are, you had your minute of fame on
a national level and now its almost gone, get over it. You will still rule the rural areas of the south until the younger generation and Hispanics outnumber you, and that time is coming fast. The Republican party will in the end back immigration reform, if only to survive. The economy is recovering from the Bush years and Obama will be gone, we will again prosper in spite of folks like you.
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

#17418 Jul 6, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Aggie, you just have to consider what kind of person would push those silly judgment icons as his/her only response to your post. This person saw first, your name and then your link, Fox News. This person may even be jealous of your ability to articulate your thoughts without cut and paste nor non-stop repetition. Then, there is Fox News, you know, the network that dares to question or criticize the Dear Leader, Obama.

The term "hero" is over-used in this country. The man who saved a little girl from drowning, then lost his life is a true American hero. But, there are those who believe Chris Collins, the NBA player who recently came out as gay was called a true American hero. Obama even called the guy on the phone and told him how much he admired Collin's courage and referred to him as a hero. Then there is Eric Snowden and Private Manning both of whom have been called heroes.
So, Aggie, the idiot who pushed those buttons was unwittingly paying you a compliment, a compliment which is richly deserved.
I suspect that there are many "kinds" of people who "push those silly judgment icons" as their only response to what they consider an inane post not worthy of reply. I also suspect there are people who post negative judgments based solely on their dislike for the poster irrespective of what was posted. It is very possible that those who provide negative judgments are jealous of the poster's ability to articulate a thought, or angery because their foolishness has been demonstrated via cut and paste, or simply fed up with being constantly reminded that they voted and supported such an obvious liar.

Then, there is Fox News, you know, the network that never dared to question or criticize the Dear Leader, Bush.

You are right, the term hero is over used, or maybe it's just a matter of being told who the heroes are, as if we couldn't see the heroism in others for ourselves. Giving one's life for another is a selfless act of heroism, just as taking an unpopular stand is a sign of courage which is another aspect of heroism. But when these acts of courage are performed in the political arena it should be expected that such acts will have their supporters and detractors, both of whom may use "those silly judgment icons" as a response to a post.
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

#17419 Jul 6, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Well now, since you cannot, or will not, answer direct questions, it's time you take your own advice.
General, here's a clue, you are no longer in command of anything.
Informed Opinion

Sunapee, NH

#17420 Jul 6, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>And if that happens be prepared to wait months for doctor's appts, months for diagnostic scans, months for procedures and be prepared for bureaucrats to tell you that you are not a viable candidate for the procedure/surgery/medication that you need or "that you know what, maybe this isn’t going to help. Maybe you’re better off, uhh, not having the surgery, but, uhh, taking the painkiller" as Obama told one woman in regard to her elderly mother getting a pacemaker.
Isn't it amazing how Americans, who don't have socialized medicine, keep pontificating about how bad socialized medicine is,
while,
the dozens of industrialized countries who have had socialized medicine for decades treasure it so much that none has ever been willing to give it up.

The Right Wing prayer to their God, Unregulated Capitalism reads, in part:

"Dear Lord of Profits, we believe in maintaining the most inefficient health care system in the world because it diverts health care funds that should ho to providing health care to profit-taking at every level of service, creating billions and billions in profits to the appointed few,(those You find deserving). at incredible expense to our country, ourselves, and our children,( whom you find undeserving).

We believe in a system that is the costliest on Earth, results in tens of millions of our countrymen and their children's illness and death, for no reason other than the personal profit of the "deserving" few.

We thank you Lord for a system that rewards and maximizes profits for Insurance Companies, by encouraging the highest costs possible and providing the least care.

We thank you Lord that the system, by preventing competition and doctors and by allowing doctors to overprescribe tests to be conducted at the doctors' facilities, creates the second highest income level in America, second only to Healthcare Insurers' CEOs.

We believe it is better to increase profits for others, than efficiently provide medical care for ourselves and our children.

Amen"

The Right Wing love affair with their "free market" fantasy - even when something is working so well for the rest of the world- rather than take advantage of what works - their fantasy requires they keep the expensive, inefficient system that is literally killing them and their children.
Informed Opinion

Sunapee, NH

#17421 Jul 6, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>"Cracks in the Common Core of Education."

http://blog.heritage.org/2013/07/04/protectin...


Read my above post about Obamacare.

And Aggie is correct. I have friends in England who wait months on end to get medical procedures done. Also months for Doctor's appointments. The only quick medical service rendered there is an emergency.
Why do Right Wingers never tell the "whole truth"

Having been to England a half dozen times myself - I noted that people in England love the government run National Health Service.

If you want to commit career suicide as a politician in England - just propose doing away with the National Health Service.

Why not tell Americans how much the countries with government run health services love them and would never give them up ?

Wait ..... never mind.

Informed Opinion

Sunapee, NH

#17422 Jul 6, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Did you see Bushmaster come out of hidin to support the amnesty bill that is in the House? That should be proof all by itself that this bill is foul. I can't believe Bush is even riskin his neck comin into the spotlight. If I were him I'd keep a low profile. He's lucky he isn't in jail. I said I thought him and Obama were best friends. Mr. Obama probably promised Bush amnesty on the condition that he'd get his buddies to go along with the amnesty bill. Bush doesn't care if the Republican party will never win another presidential election if the bill were to pass. He's just probably tired of hidin. Ya know?
Good observation about Bush.

Bush is even more of a corporate tool than Obama.

More illegals in the country increases profits by depressing wages and benefits for the average working American - so big businesses love 'em.

Right Wing Wacko Bush, and Right Wing Obama, and Right Wing Clinton (remember NAFTA), are doing what their owners ... er contributors, instruct them to do.

Thank God we destroyed the unions that would have fought to keep illegal out, eh ?
danger zone

Lithonia, GA

#17423 Jul 6, 2013
you people wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you took the time to KNOW what the Republican Party leaders are doing you wouldn't sound so stupid. You get information from sources designed to make you happy so you will tune in. Or in the case of Mr. Broun and others telling you the fairytales you believe to get your vote. They are all feeding you a line of BS. Here is a "news" story on what the real Republican Party is thinking, don't know what they will actually do but they know they can't win on a national level dragging you and your friends along. A lot of middle of the road Republicans have bailed on the Party since the Tea Party fiasco, myself included.
I don't care who you support or where you get your info. Your opinion of me means absolutely nothing. NADA. I was supporting Aggie in her statement about someone stooping so low to judge her comment about the good samaritan becoming paralyzed, then dying after rescuing the child from drowning... You think you're a psychic (and a very bad one, indeed) by so boldly stating I get my news, "from sources designed to make you happy" & what I don't know about the republican party. I could say the same about you, not knowing anything about Obama & his corrupt administration. You have no idea where I get my news. If you were a regular poster, you'd KNOW I post more liberal links than conservative links, to prevent anyone from making a STUPID accusation as to where I get my news. Read back a few hundred pages & CATCH UP, you're way, way behind.... If it's a personal thing, you can whine, whine some more, & keep on whining, I ain't going anywhere. Just so ya know.
Informed Opinion

Sunapee, NH

#17424 Jul 6, 2013
What wrote:
Looks like Bush has turned into another rhino republican, or maybe he's been one all the time.

"George W. Bush to Speak on Immigration Reform."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
Has it ever entered your mind that, logically speaking, 90% of the Republicans cannot be "RINOs" ?

Rather,for better or worse, the remaining 10% must be the "RINOs".

Just sayin...
danger zone

Lithonia, GA

#17425 Jul 6, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
And when has Kerry ever been known to tell the truth. He's in good company with Obama and friends.
He blends right in, doesn't he? Windsurfing & sailing as a coup unfolds in Egypt.... Hillary, now Kerry.
Informed Opinion

Sunapee, NH

#17426 Jul 6, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>You're right it is very sad that this type of forum quickly digenerates to the level of a school yard playground, with taunts, insults, spelling and grammar corrections, and personal attacks taking the place of substantive discussion. In such an atmosphere it does take guts to admit even the smallest error because of the good chance it will be used against you, blown out of proportion, then rationalized as "Hey, it's just politics, if you can't take the heat..."
Great post.

In the New America, a/k/a the "Homeland", where Karl Rove and Gang of UberElite, and the Political and Religious Taliban, push the philosophy that "Liberal", "Moderate", and "Progressive" are "evil" - defensiveness reigns supreme.

Having studied history, religious and political, and having visited some 30 countries over the years, the "Homeland" is closer to fascism now than at time since the Civil War.

As billionaire and patriot Warren Buffett stated, there is an ongoing war against the Middle Class - and the Middle Class is losing.

But as long as working Americans keep supporting those take away their political rights and economic protections its really the working class devouring itself.

Just keep voting for the same people, under the same circumstances, and act surprised when you obtain the same results.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min HILLARY 2016 239,962
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr TRUMPOCALYPSE 105,935
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 2 hr Another Damn Liberal 92,141
Election The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) Sun WarForOil 11,311
Election IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Sun Sea Hawk 1,306
Election Who do you support for Governor in Kansas in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 25 Have a Koch and a... 748
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Kentucky's ... (Oct '14) Aug 25 So Stupid 53
More from around the web