Who

Toccoa, GA

#17274 Jul 4, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodness, so much to deal with:
1. "showed NO compassion when dropping this bombs on people who didn't have anything to do with their leaders."
Well, as long as we're going back in time, let's look at someone who liked to use the military to distract from problems at home. BILL CLINTON
Clinton and Bosnia -"Leading the world’s most powerful alliance against lonely Serbia, bombing for 78 days from high altitudes to avoid (American military) casualties while killing hundreds or thousands of civilians, and ignoring atrocities by America’s allies didn’t make him into a hero anywhere other than downtown Pristina, where his statue stands." insert mine
http://spectator.org/archives/2013/06/17/the-...
"So we bombed a medicine factory in Khartoum, with only the most ludicrous "evidence" that it was involved in chemical weapons production.
And we bombed "terrorist camps" in Afghanistan. Our intelligence was so bad that two of them turned out to be Pakistani-operated bases -- our allies -- and as for the ones that might have been associated with our enemies ... well, Mr. Bill tipped our hand by withdrawing nonessential U.S. personal from the area before sending the missiles. They had plenty of time to get out of the way."
"A few months later, the House was about to vote on impeachment. And guess what happens? Bill Clinton discovers that there is an emergency in Serbia which requires the bombers to fly yet again."
So our bombers flew. But they had to fly very, very high, because if Bill Clinton is anything, he's an absolute political coward -- he couldn't bear to face the possibility of even one U.S. pilot getting shot down. So our bombs fell from such a "safe" altitude that we were bound to kill civilians willy-nilly."
http://www.ornery.org/essays/2000-10-25-3.htm...
2. We already spend a huge amount of money per child in this country with results that are worsening every year. The educational system is broken, but Dems are so beholden to the teachers unions and the bureaucracy of the Dept of Education that any attempt to actually improve our schools is met with a stone wall of special interests who care more about their turf than about our children. Just compare what we spend vs our results with the rest of the world.
http://rossieronline.usc.edu/u-s-education-ve...
3. "More people killed in the name of religion that can be counted."
That is debatable, but if we want to look at the 20th century we have an absolute "winner" in who can claim the most number of deaths in the name of an ideology: Communism
USSR: estimates range from 20-32 million (some have gone as high as 60 million)
China: estimated at 40-65 million
Cambodia: 2,000,000

You forgot to ask him if it was done humanely.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#17275 Jul 4, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
I remember it, as I was the one that started using NFL passing statics to prove my point. Made a dope out of her then, but She doesn't seem to learn as here she comes back with the same thing again. I saw the dumb new post, but I just ignored it, as I don't see any sense in going over the whole thing again.
Yeah, you advanced the passing analogy while completely ignoring the Compromise figure, relegating it to an incomplete pass when pressed. Then one of the other brainiacs spewed that any QB with a 65% completion record would not stay in the NFL for more than a season, that little factoid (pulled out of their butt) was shredded by looking at the actual Stats for NFL QBs.

So, yeah Thanks for Playing.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#17276 Jul 4, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
When there is a draft to feed our kids into a war, and you support the war and the draft, it's the height if hypocrisy and cowardice to seek deferments to avoid the draft, and the war you support.
Bush used his daddy's money and political pull to avoid the draft, by risking the danger of the Texas Air National Guard, to avoid the Vietnam War, while supporting sending those who couldn't avoid the draft to fight and die in those cursed rice fields and hills.
Cheney supported the Vietnam War, and the draft, while using deferments to avoid being drafted himself, while supporting sending other kids to die.
Romney supported the Vietnam War and the draft that fed our kids to their deaths, while using daddy's money to obtain deferments to sit by the Seine in France.
They are are cowardly, draft dodging, ChickenHawk scumbags.
I understand cowardly draft dodgers avoiding the wars they send me and my family to fight and die in - I don't understand why anyone votes for them.
This what I have personally observed. The kids that had enough money went to college and not to war. They were either lucky or smarter than the poor guys that returned from war. Those college kids had a good education and had good jobs while the returning vets had mental and physical injuries to deal with. They had also lost several years from their life which would never be made up.
The average citizen that has never served in war time will never know the feeling that most war time vets have and the feelings to their comrade veterans.
I have little to no respect for Cheney and his deferments as far as I know he just didn't want to take the time and didn't want to go.
I do still see Bush at least going into service for his country even though he did not go to actual war. I look on him no differently than all the other reservists and guardsmen that were not actively engaged in actual warfare at that time. I still respect their duty and time given to their country.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Drake Town, GA

#17277 Jul 4, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, did you vote for Clinton?
Of course he did, just like a good union soldier.
Who

Toccoa, GA

#17278 Jul 4, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you advanced the passing analogy while completely ignoring the Compromise figure, relegating it to an incomplete pass when pressed. Then one of the other brainiacs spewed that any QB with a 65% completion record would not stay in the NFL for more than a season, that little factoid (pulled out of their butt) was shredded by looking at the actual Stats for NFL QBs.
So, yeah Thanks for Playing.

Well, well, well. I always thought you played tiddlywinks.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#17279 Jul 4, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Given the PLO's and now Hamas's usual tactic of placing missile launch sites next to hospitals, schools and neighborhoods in a blatant attempt to incur civilian casualties for propaganda purposes when Israel takes the sites out, I think this image is most appropriate.
http://www.google.com/imgres...
=========
“We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children. We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us.”
Golda Meir
You are falling into the spin trap. Don't let him change the subject.
The original post was by Who. They were post #17163, and #17164.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#17280 Jul 4, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he did, just like a good union soldier.
You are the bluebelly, Gen.!
Who

Toccoa, GA

#17281 Jul 4, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
When there is a draft to feed our kids into a war, and you support the war and the draft, it's the height if hypocrisy and cowardice to seek deferments to avoid the draft, and the war you support.
Bush used his daddy's money and political pull to avoid the draft, by risking the danger of the Texas Air National Guard, to avoid the Vietnam War, while supporting sending those who couldn't avoid the draft to fight and die in those cursed rice fields and hills.
Cheney supported the Vietnam War, and the draft, while using deferments to avoid being drafted himself, while supporting sending other kids to die.
Romney supported the Vietnam War and the draft that fed our kids to their deaths, while using daddy's money to obtain deferments to sit by the Seine in France.
They are are cowardly, draft dodging, ChickenHawk scumbags.
I understand cowardly draft dodgers avoiding the wars they send me and my family to fight and die in - I don't understand why anyone votes for them.

Then why did you vote for Clinton? You have posted such.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#17282 Jul 4, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
If memory serves correct (I'm not going back looking for the post, certainly not worth the time) the poster you're referencing doesn't know much about passing stats, either...
Must've been why I turned to ESPN for that data.

Why don't you tell us all you know about illegal aliens not being able to buy Real Estate in America.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#17283 Jul 4, 2013
@ Ag. When you are the most densely populated people on this planet, it is a little bit hard to not have a school or hospital nearby. But, so much for Christian charity, huh.

“Marble Man”

Drake Town, GA

#17284 Jul 4, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>You are the bluebelly, Gen.!
That's low, 12 hours of cookin' butt, in the rain, then get called a bluebelly? Ouch!
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#17285 Jul 4, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but some of us are capable of reading facts, processing them and then using them to form our opinions - which we can then share on public forums.
----'ObamaCare's efforts to expand insurance coverage and bring down costs depend entirely on convincing young people to buy coverage, while the law gives these people every reason not to.
A marketing presentation put together for the administration admits that convincing the young and healthy — who make up 48% of the uninsured — to buy insurance will be difficult, since they "take health for granted" and have a "low motivation to enroll." '
http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0702...
So, the conjecture, is that young healthy people will shun health insurance and instead do without.

Course when I was a young healthy person I chose to have health insurnace, as did all of the other young healthy people I worked with, many of whom were married and just starting a family. And now, under Obamacare, you cannot be turned down for pre-existing conditions, nor is there a payment cap. So actually, the money you're paying in isn't going into some hole, but actually goes to pay for your future needs.

conjecture

Noun
An opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.
Verb
Form an opinion or supposition about (something) on the basis of incomplete information.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#17286 Jul 4, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but some of us are capable of reading facts, processing them and then using them to form our opinions - which we can then share on public forums.
----'Forty-one percent of the businesses surveyed have frozen hiring because of the health-care law known as Obamacare. And almost one-fifth—19 percent— answered "yes" when asked if they had "reduced the number of employees you have in your business as a specific result of the Affordable Care Act." '
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100825782
Course blaming Obamamcare for hiring freezes and firing employees during a recession is a lot better than blaming the state of the economy on the previous administration.

Also from the same article, more opinions...

...Just 9 percent of the small employers surveyed agreed that Obamacare would be "good for your business," while another 39 percent saw "no impact."

The prevalent pessimism tracks other answers in the poll, which showed that 55 percent of small business owners believe that the ACA will lead to higher health-care costs. By contrast, about 5 percent said the law would lead to lower costs.

And more than half—52 percent—said they expected a reduction in the quality of health care under Obamacare, while just 13 percent expected an improvement.

...Gallup Chief Economic Dennis Jacobe said small business owners' answers in the poll "is consistent with owners' tendency to be more Republican than Democratic, higher-income, more against big government, more conservative and less optimistic than Americans overall."

One group that favors Obamacare for small businesses said the findings reflect misconceptions about its true effects as well as the need for continued outreach by reform advocates to the small business community.

“Marble Man”

Drake Town, GA

#17287 Jul 4, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the conjecture, is that young healthy people will shun health insurance and instead do without.
Course when I was a young healthy person I chose to have health insurnace, as did all of the other young healthy people I worked with, many of whom were married and just starting a family. And now, under Obamacare, you cannot be turned down for pre-existing conditions, nor is there a payment cap. So actually, the money you're paying in isn't going into some hole, but actually goes to pay for your future needs.
conjecture
Noun
An opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.
Verb
Form an opinion or supposition about (something) on the basis of incomplete information.
The young will just pay the "penalty".

“Marble Man”

Drake Town, GA

#17288 Jul 4, 2013
They (democrats) told us we had to do it. We had to rush through Obamacare; passing it to find out what was in it, as Nancy Pelosi told us. We had to do it and it could not wait because lives were depending on it. We needed to save lives and we needed to provide women access to birth control.

Now, we have to wait for it? But won't people die? That's what we were told.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/07/03/how-many-p...
danger zone

Covington, GA

#17289 Jul 4, 2013
Thoughtlessly written & rammed through congress...is right.

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/a/SB100014241278...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#17290 Jul 4, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
-----"And the Employer Mandate is mandatory. The law Congress wrote explicitly commands that this provision takes effect in January 2014. The ACA does not permit the government to grant a reprieve or an extension.
Yet in a blatantly illegal move, the Obama administration is presuming to rewrite the ACA by choosing not to enforce provisions that are causing visible problems. The IRS—which is tasked with enforcing the Employer Mandate—will simply not enforce it until 2015. Every large employer in the country is under the mandate. If they don’t comply, then they are breaking federal law."
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
You scoff at Mother Jones, Rolling Stone, Daily Kos

I'll return the favor by ignoring Breitbart, infowars, and World Nut Daily.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#17291 Jul 4, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
-----"While the delay announced late on Tuesday is viewed as a setback for the Obama administration as it seeks to implement the law, a look through the political lens shows that Obamacare could become a bigger issue in the 2014 midterms than it was in 2010, the year it passed Congress."
"The timing of the announcement ... seemed to indicate some in the administration wanted to bury the development."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/03/politics/obamac...
Yep, we'll have to wait and see how it play out,
in the meantime let's have a lot at who's really affected....

The overblown Obamacare myth about small business
By Jose Pagliery
05/21/2013
http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/21/smallbusiness...

But the new law's rules don't apply to the vast majority of small businesses. The employer mandate, which forces firms to start providing insurance in 2014, pertains only to companies with at least 50 full-time workers.

That's a tiny fraction of small businesses.

As of 2010, there were roughly 5.7 million small employers, defined as those with fewer than 500 workers. Some 97% of them have fewer than 50 employees. That means Obamacare's employer mandate applies only to 3% of America's small businesses.

That's about 200,000 companies.

...However, nearly all of those businesses already do provide insurance: 96% of those with 50-plus workers currently offer health plans anyway, according to government data.

...For example, firms might be providing insurance that Obamacare deems unaffordable -- that is, if it costs more than 9.5% of a worker's income.

But there are signs that most plans out there qualify under Obamcare's other requirement. More than 99% of those in work-sponsored plans have insurance that meets most Obamacare coverage standards, according to last year's study by NORC at the University of Chicago.

Putting it all together, the data shows that only a tiny sliver of the nation's small businesses face the new rules -- and even fewer face any changes. Of the country's 6.5 million workplaces, only 1% must actually start providing insurance next year.

It's a reality that's likely to catch most small business owners by surprise, said Eileen Elliot, a Vermont health care attorney who advises entrepreneurs.

"There's a lot of trepidation and misinformation out there," Elliot said. "I think it's time to do some education."
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#17292 Jul 4, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
The young will just pay the "penalty".
What percentage would that be....

Can you point to the Exchange site for GA where we can see what this coverage is going to cost, oh wait, GA hasn't set one up yet.

“Marble Man”

Drake Town, GA

#17293 Jul 4, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
What percentage would that be....
Can you point to the Exchange site for GA where we can see what this coverage is going to cost, oh wait, GA hasn't set one up yet.
$95 or 1% of income. The young will pay the "penalty".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min McDermott 182,549
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 7 min Stray- Dog 8,319
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 1 hr No More Waco 61,852
Election Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr woo-boy 35,336
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 2 hr bacon hater 76,515
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 hr RNC Rightwing NUT... 101,546
Election Who are you voting for in the Florida Governor ... (Oct '14) Tue Right is right 24
More from around the web