Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#16218 Jun 22, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>just one more example, I know a beautiful young lady that reads this forum daily(maybe even hourly) and yet has never posted(once or twice) even though she may the smartest person that I have ever met. She just tries to protect me. Imagine that.
Geeee. Thanks, Jeb.(I know. I know. I just couldn't resist.)

Location hidden

#16219 Jun 22, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
I am back on the immigration kick. The government acknowledges that over 46 million dollars in fraudulent refunds went to unauthorized aliens. What the h*ll is a unauthorized alien.
I read the article and came to the conclusion that illegal aliens are ripping off the government and the government doesn't know who it is sending the money to.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/irs-sent-4637...
It's maddening, but I'm not surprised. Apparently, it is VERY EASY to game our system. Lord knows enough people seem to be doing it. I've met people whom I suspected of gaming the system and believe me, they weren't Rhodes Scholars. That is why I think it must be stupid study to be able to do it.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

#16220 Jun 22, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
LoL. Thanks, Syn. I needed that. WoW.

Location hidden

#16221 Jun 22, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been posting much lately, time's been hard to come by. But I still skim through here a good bit.
Immigration? I haven't really been paying attention to who's saying what about it lately.
My opinion is that America is for Americans. If you're not supposed to be here you get nothing but deported. For that matter - I have no IDEA whey we take in so many foreign students into our universities. We teach them how to build nuclear power plants, weapons, satellites and everything else. Let them get educated in their own countries.
We should limit immigration to people who have lived in America for 5 or more years on work visa's who have proven themselves to be productive citizens and would like to stay. We might allow a few elderly relatives and children of those people in as well. Otherwise? Get out! We have enough of our own problems.
I think the only controversy should be about how to defend our thousands of miles of borders and coastlines against people coming through. That's just a practical issue.
Good post. The only thing I might add is that there should be a LIMIT to the number of children.
At the very least, the babies that illegals are having here now should NOT be considered American citizens. THAT ticks me off. Half the Hispanics I see are knocked up and I'll bet you a nickel to a bottle of stump water that they are illegal.

Location hidden

#16222 Jun 22, 2013
billybob wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know there is a bill making its way toward the house that is the total opposite of the tripe you posted. You do realize the path to citizenship is for the ones what have built a life in this county and supported it in many ways, including paying taxes. What major influx of citizenship is going to occur with increased border security and a pathway to citizenship for people who have already made a life here, doing jobs people like you refuse to do for wages people like you refuse to take?? A pathway to citizenship is not for everyone that looks like a Mexican, you do know that don't you, I sure hope so. But it seems like you are off in a world created by your mind, such as it is.
Please explain how my or even your quality of life will be affected by putting up barriers and adding more security along the Mexican border. How is providing a PATHWAY to citizenship for people who already live and work here is going to affect your quality of life, please let us know.
Just curious. If they are illegal, they are paying sales taxes, but how about income taxes? They take advantage of our resources, but don't pay income tax. You call what I post tripe? You are completely IGNORANT(I already know that) if you can't determine how a massive influx of people in quest of American citizenship will affect the quality of your life. If you are capable, how about thinking on that one for a bit.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

#16223 Jun 22, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post. The only thing I might add is that there should be a LIMIT to the number of children.
At the very least, the babies that illegals are having here now should NOT be considered American citizens. THAT ticks me off. Half the Hispanics I see are knocked up and I'll bet you a nickel to a bottle of stump water that they are illegal.
Yep. That's how they're rapin the DFCS system.

Location hidden

#16224 Jun 22, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't responded to my post about the EPA failing to do their job. When are you going to address that issue.
Don't expect much cerebral volley from billybob. Bless his heart.

Location hidden

#16225 Jun 22, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>LoL. Thanks, Syn. I needed that. WoW.
Well, dang. It ain't THAT funny.:)))

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#16226 Jun 22, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely, to me it seems obvious that if a child is born to parents who are here illegally, the child should not be considered an automatic citizen. It isn't cruel, it's rational.
gem bank

Decatur, GA

#16227 Jun 22, 2013
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#16228 Jun 22, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
you and OMTE are kidda mean tonite, but I forgive both of you.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

#16229 Jun 22, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, dang. It ain't THAT funny.:)))
It was pretty dang funny. ;)
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#16230 Jun 22, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>LoL. Thanks, Syn. I needed that. WoW.
Just in case y'all have not noticed, I am on super-strict, double-lock probation(animal house-type) no idea how long that it will last.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#16231 Jun 22, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I wasn't clear, but I also was falling into the "an immigration bill is inevitable" trap. I want the borders secure regardless, it is asinine that we do not have an enforceable border. Forget the illegal workers for now, considering the threat from radical Islamists, there is no excuse for our elected officials to have not made the border a major priority after 9/11. That is how the argument should have been framed all along - not as a matter of keeping illegal aliens out, but a matter of keeping those who would do us harm out. The rest would be simply a side benefit.
And for those who decry a secure border as somehow being cruel and hateful - how about we just take the same approach to our southern border and illegals as Mexico does to its southern border and its illegals:
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/344042...

The first thing is that these crooked lawmakers want us to think that the bill is inevitable so we must take whatever they decide to give.
The second thing is America is being hoodwinked into letting the politicians put border security on the table with this bill. It is just a trick to get your mind off the actual immigration bill. What does border security really have to do with immigration? Only that it should already be there and should not even be thought of. It should be taken as a given that we have protected and secure borders to start with.
The third thing is that we are being bullied and pc"ed into thinking we owe these illegal border crosser's everything that they and our sellout politicians are demanding. All they should get is a trip back to their own country and a chance to become a citizen using our immigration laws.

Location hidden

#16232 Jun 22, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>you and OMTE are kidda mean tonite, but I forgive both of you.
What????? I'm mean tonight????? How so?

Location hidden

#16233 Jun 22, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Just in case y'all have not noticed, I am on super-strict, double-lock probation(animal house-type) no idea how long that it will last.
What do you mean?
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

#16234 Jun 22, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Just in case y'all have not noticed, I am on super-strict, double-lock probation(animal house-type) no idea how long that it will last.
You better behave. They got places for bad boys *timeout* LoL.

Location hidden

#16235 Jun 22, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The first thing is that these crooked lawmakers want us to think that the bill is inevitable so we must take whatever they decide to give.
The second thing is America is being hoodwinked into letting the politicians put border security on the table with this bill. It is just a trick to get your mind off the actual immigration bill. What does border security really have to do with immigration? Only that it should already be there and should not even be thought of. It should be taken as a given that we have protected and secure borders to start with.
The third thing is that we are being bullied and pc"ed into thinking we owe these illegal border crosser's everything that they and our sellout politicians are demanding. All they should get is a trip back to their own country and a chance to become a citizen using our immigration laws.
+1 Yep. They already know we don't trust them, so they just don't care now. They are going to push through whatever they want. We are just going to be the collateral damage.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#16236 Jun 22, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I agree with deportation and starting over, that will NEVER happen in a million years. The libs would riot in the streets. They don't seem to realize how the massive influx of people from Mexico will hurt their own quality of life. At any rate, you are most likely right that it's just a foot in the door and then they'll be granted amnesty. Everything and every place will be overcrowded. Some Democrat(Shumer?) will complain that the bill(if passed) requires TOO MUCH TIME before someone can become legal and then it's off to the races. To put it in simple terms: It's too late.
I think it is possible that may be wrong on this one. Liberals have and are losing their jobs just as everyone else is. They are also losing their health insurance and see that there just isn't room for these 30 million illegal people that is sucking the wealth of this country away. Liberals standards of living are not getting any better than conservatives. I think they may also believe that we must take care of our own first.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#16237 Jun 22, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely, to me it seems obvious that if a child is born to parents who are here illegally, the child should not be considered an automatic citizen. It isn't cruel, it's rational.
good point, Ag. I agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min republiCONS 165,125
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 19 min RepugliKKKans 99,195
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 20 min Dalai Lama 64,557
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 28 min Irving 164,116
OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 1 hr Donnie 79,286
Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... 1 hr WTSenior 939
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 1 hr Stupid Democrats 4,368