Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: May 13

Commerce, GA

#12017 May 18, 2013

And of course the liberal socialists will call it a witch hunt.



"Sander Levin, the panel's ranking Democrat, said the IRS and its employees 'have completely failed the American people' by 'singling out organizations for review based on their name or political views, rather than their activity.'

'All of us are angry about this on behalf of the nation,' the left-leaning Michigan congressman said.

Lois Lerner is the civil servant who heads up the IRS division in charge of evaluating charitable and other nonprofit organizations. Levin called for her head.
Lois Lerner, director of the IRS's Exempt Organizations section, told a legal conference on May 10 that her agency's Inspector General would soon publish a report about the unfair targeting of tea party groups for special tax scrutiny

Lois Lerner, director of the IRS's Exempt Organizations section, told a legal conference on May 10 that her agency's Inspector General would soon publish a report about the unfair targeting of tea party groups for special tax scrutiny. Her disclosure, which Steven Miller conceded Friday was 'prepared,' launched the scandal

'Ms. Lerner should be relieved of her duties.' he said."
guest

United States

#12019 May 18, 2013
http://www.barna.org/barna-update/article/5-b...
>"Support For Changes in Public Policy, According to
Seven Key Faith Groups
All Adults
Evan- gelicals
Non-evan-
gelical born again
Notio-nal
Non-Christ-ian faith
Athe-ist/ Agnos-tic
Prot-
estant
Cath-olic
Remove 10 Commandments
18%
*%
6%
16%
32%
55%
6%
18%
Remove “In God We Trust”
13%
1%
4%
12%
28%
37%
4%
15%
Remove “One nation under God”
15%
4%
6%
13%
24%
40%
7%
13%
Teach creationism
59%
86%
70%
60%
42%
29%
69%
59%
Allow the “F-word” on broadcast TV
15%
6%
8%
17%
21%
35%
9%
19%
Make Christianity the official religion of U.S.
32%
66%
44%
25%
21%
8%
43%
24%
(Base: 1024 adults)
(* indicates less than one-half of one percent.)
Christianity: America’s "Official" Religion
Americans are opposed to "a constitutional amendment to establish Christianity as the official religion of the United State" by a two-to-one margin (66% oppose, 32% in favor). People with a college degree were only half as likely to support this idea as were those who do not have a college degree (19% vs. 37%, respectively).
In fact, the only population segment that was generally supportive of this proposal was evangelicals, who were twice as likely as other adults to support the idea (66%). A slim majority of non-evangelical born again adults (53%) rejected this idea, while large majorities of notional Christians (72%), people of other faiths (77%) and atheists and agnostics (91%) opposed such an amendment."<
More recent HuffPost/Yougov. survey -
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/06/chri...
Of course anyone is free to read anything they want into the surveys……
"twice as likely………(66%)"

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#12020 May 18, 2013
guest wrote:
http://www.barna.org/barna-upd ate/article/5-barna-update/192 -how-qchristianizedq-do-americ ans-want-their-country-to-be
>"Support For Changes in Public Policy, According to
Seven Key Faith Groups
All Adults
Evan- gelicals
Non-evan-
gelical born again
Notio-nal
Non-Christ-ian faith
Athe-ist/ Agnos-tic
Prot-
estant
Cath-olic

Teach creationism
59%
86%
70%
60%
42%
29%
69%
59%

Make Christianity the official religion of U.S.
32%
66%
44%
25%
21%
8%
43%
24%
(Base: 1024 adults)

More recent HuffPost/Yougov. survey -
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/06/chri...
Of course anyone is free to read anything they want into the surveys……
"twice as likely………(66%)"
There is a big difference in responding to a poll and actively seeking the establishment of Christianity as the national religion - which would be in complete violation of the intent of the 1st Amendment.

I found it far more interesting that 60% of the respondents, including 42% of those of a non-Christian faith and 29% of agnostics/atheists, believe that creationism should be taught in schools. As a Christian, I actually oppose teaching creationism if it is defined as the Biblical view of creation. But I am all for teaching the theory of Intelligent Design in the classroom alongside the theory of Evolution and informing students of the evidence both for and against both theories.
Bored

Commerce, GA

#12021 May 18, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>You didnt say anything more than what you said on here. An address boy.

Take it to the email account. The whole purpose is topix dont need this crap and we can do it through email. boy.


guest

United States

#12022 May 18, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a big difference in responding to a poll and actively seeking the establishment of Christianity as the national religion - which would be in complete violation of the intent of the 1st Amendment.
I found it far more interesting that 60% of the respondents, including 42% of those of a non-Christian faith and 29% of agnostics/atheists, believe that creationism should be taught in schools. As a Christian, I actually oppose teaching creationism if it is defined as the Biblical view of creation. But I am all for teaching the theory of Intelligent Design in the classroom alongside the theory of Evolution and informing students of the evidence both for and against both theories.
Well, I'm not going to debate the finer points of it. There is no doubt in my mind that Rick Santorum, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, Paul Broun, I could go on and on, would each and every one vote for an amendment to make Christianity the national religion. How many Republican candidates stood on stage and in front of the whole world denied evolution? I won't go there. It's pure insanity.

Intelligent design? goodgodamighty, I won't even go there either. It ain't science. Delaware settled that years ago.- http://www.nbcnews.com/id/10545387/ns/technol...

They were laughed out of court.
Bored

Commerce, GA

#12023 May 18, 2013
An intrusive government.

"Groups with “tea party” or “patriot” were especially targeted. Larry Nordvig, executive director of the Richmond Tea Party, explained to WND how he first suspected the IRS was going far beyond its normal duties in delaying and demanding information from the group.

“There were two things that tipped us off,” he said.“No. 1 was the length of time. Our organization figured it would take maybe six months to a year. We were willing to put up with that. They do need to take a good, hard look to make sure you are who you say you are. That’s fine. That’s legitimate. But after it went past a year, it felt like stonewalling, especially when you’re coming up on over two years. The time element was one.

Nordvig continued,“The second thing that tipped us off was the second round of questions that they sent and that was a 12-group set of a total of about 55 questions. But those questions had sub-questions, and those sub-questions had bullets. It was extremely hard information to try to dig up. It produced over 500 pages of documents, and they only gave us two weeks to do it. We knew something was wrong right there.”

Many of the questions demanded very personal information, including every piece of literature ever published, background on every speaker and copies of every speech from each event, lists of donors and how much they contributed. Nordvig said there was much more.

“They wanted all of our communications, so any kind of email of Facebook communication with any of our members, which obviously would tip off their identity. They wanted to know who we associated with, who our members associated with. One of the most alarming ones was they wanted pictures of our web pages, including the member log-in only pages, which would have been very private. We did not give that to them,” said Nordvig, who noted that the demand for donor information was also greatly disturbing."
Bored

Commerce, GA

#12024 May 18, 2013
I'm not laying any claim as to whether or not the below is factual and accurate but it is disturbing if only half the allegations are true....

"A Malibu, Calif., based attorney, Robert E. Barnes, has filed a class-action suit against the IRS alleging that 15 agents stole the medical records of 10 million people in a raid on a storage facility called “John Doe Company” just weeks ago, according to Courthouse News.

The action alleges that the information on private citizens that was taken was their most intimate medical records, including psychological, obstetric and gynecological, sexual and drug treatment documentation, and other medical treatment.

It alleges that the agents stole more than 60 million records that violate the privacy of more than a million Californians and a total of more than 10 million Americans.

According to the complaint, the original warrant did not authorize the seizure of the data of others in the facility, and none of the 10 million whose data was seized were under any known criminal investigation.

The “John Doe Company” said that 15 agents showed up in the place of business with a warrant to search items belonging to a former employee.

They allege that the warrant turned into a raid of more than 10 million records because of the data that was taken. The suit says that company employers and employees tried to explain to agents that they were a HIPPA compliant facility, and that they should not take private data files and computers of those who had nothing to do with the former employee in question.

They reported they also tried to refuse when their personal items were seized, but the agents took their phones, files and data as well as other proprietary data, according to the suit. At the time of the filing, the case says that none of the items had been returned.

Barnes claims that the medical data in question would affect a staggering one out of every 25 adults in America. He said the records seized include those of prominent,“leading and controversial” political, entertainment, and financial figures, as well as numerous ordinary citizens.

But this case gets even more bizarre.

“Adding insult to injury, after unlawfully seizing the records and searching their intimate parts, defendants decided to use John Doe Company’s media system to watch basketball, order (sic) pizza and Coca-Cola, to take in part of the NCAA tournament, illustrating their complete disregard of the court’s order and the Plaintiffs’ Fourth Amendment rights,” the documents allege.

Some of the accusations are difficult to believe, but if they are true, will set the bar in terms of IRS violations of private citizens.

The suit asks for $25,000 in compensatory damages “per violation, per individual,” plus other damages for constitutional violations.

If Barnes prevails, he and his plaintiffs will receive more than $250 million from the IRS.

In a Sacramento case, Barnes represented “The Peace and Freedom Party” in 2012."
guest

United States

#12025 May 18, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a big difference in responding to a poll and actively seeking the establishment of Christianity as the national religion - which would be in complete violation of the intent of the 1st Amendment.
I found it far more interesting that 60% of the respondents, including 42% of those of a non-Christian faith and 29% of agnostics/atheists, believe that creationism should be taught in schools. As a Christian, I actually oppose teaching creationism if it is defined as the Biblical view of creation. But I am all for teaching the theory of Intelligent Design in the classroom alongside the theory of Evolution and informing students of the evidence both for and against both theories.
I will say that those who think that "creationism' should be taught in schools were not polled as to wether it should be taught as science. I have no problem with it taught as comparative "religion" myself. That is what it is, religion. Same with 'ID'.
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#12026 May 18, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>You didnt say anything more than what you said on here. An address boy.
I got the same crap as well. Some stupid thing where he says he gets to makerules and I have to drive up to N. Georgia then hike the Appalachian Trail to have some idiotic Deliverance picnic with him.

Stupid scheme to get himself out of the mess his mouth created for him. Basically it's wussy trash. Waste of time.
Bored

Commerce, GA

#12027 May 18, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
I got the same crap as well. Some stupid thing where he says he gets to makerules and I have to drive up to N. Georgia then hike the Appalachian Trail to have some idiotic Deliverance picnic with him.
Stupid scheme to get himself out of the mess his mouth created for him. Basically it's wussy trash. Waste of time.

And you haven't responded to my message either. Both of yall are wanting to make it a public affair while I'm willing to keep it private and take it all the way.

And the so-called "mess" was created by you dufus, you're the one that called me out and then act surprised there are some folks dont take kindly to being pushed.




Bored

Commerce, GA

#12028 May 18, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a big difference in responding to a poll and actively seeking the establishment of Christianity as the national religion - which would be in complete violation of the intent of the 1st Amendment.
I found it far more interesting that 60% of the respondents, including 42% of those of a non-Christian faith and 29% of agnostics/atheists, believe that creationism should be taught in schools. As a Christian, I actually oppose teaching creationism if it is defined as the Biblical view of creation. But I am all for teaching the theory of Intelligent Design in the classroom alongside the theory of Evolution and informing students of the evidence both for and against both theories.

Good post.
Most conservatives dont need to take a poll to know that most Americans are NOT in favor of "government" establishing a "national" religion, how dumb could that be? This country's constitution was constructed to keep "government" out of religion and herein is the conflict, where the "federal" government is sticking it's nose into every facet of citizens lives, whether it be religion, political persuasion, etc.
PC is an anathema to freedom loving people everywhere and is one of the many reasons people want to immigrate to America.
If they knew the enlightened America we are living in today, they would turn tail and go back home.

Anyone can goolge intrusive american government and find out what I am saying.




Bored

Commerce, GA

#12029 May 18, 2013
example of intrusive government......

"On Monday, Sept 23, 2011 U.S.Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack spoke to the members of the National Restaurant Association to tell them that they need to create the appropriate transition to tasteless food, so that eventually Americans will learn to “adjust” their tastes to the kind of food that the federal government believes that they should eat.

“You know,” Vilsack said,“as we deal with this issue of reducing sodium and sugar, it sounds simple to do, but you all know better than I do, it’s not as simple as it sounds.”

“It’s going to take some time for people’s taste to adjust and they will adjust over time, but it will take some time. So, we have to make sure that what we do is create the appropriate transition. At the end of the day, though, we’ve got to deal with this.”

Anyone remember just recently, N.Y Mayor says super drinks will be outlawed.


“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#12030 May 18, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
No numb-nutz. POTUS doesn't negotiate pay raises.
<quoted text>
The IRS has 100,000 employees spread throughout the country. You get that 100,000 people is a LOT, right?
<quoted text>
Of course he said that, Bacon-Brians. The chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee is Republican Dave Camp from Michigan. He's just another actor in the politicizing of the whole thing.
<quoted text>
Why don't you just throw everything you can think of up against the wall and see what sticks? What about the possibility of Socialist aliens hiding on the dark side of the moon waiting to attack? Huh? Huh? What about that!
Give it rest and stop hyperventilating.
<quoted text>
You're hysterical and brain-washed. NOT logical. You are advocating a man who is as anti-science as has ever existed to serve on the House Science Committee.
That's just being an irresponsible voter. Yes. You. That's holding America back. You are personally responsible for a part of screwing up this nation.
Tell us, why conservative rght wing voters are holding America back. Please use facts, if yu can. By the way, do you believe it is OK for 15 year old girls to have free access to the morning after pill?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#12032 May 18, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say that those who think that "creationism' should be taught in schools were not polled as to wether it should be taught as science. I have no problem with it taught as comparative "religion" myself. That is what it is, religion. Same with 'ID'.
I think it pretty obvious they were not looking at it as a "religion" option, they were just asked if "creationism" should be taught -do not try to infer more than is there to make you feel better about the result. And the decision of one judge is hardly the standard to which the validity of Intelligent Design should or shall be determined.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#12033 May 18, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
I got the same crap as well. Some stupid thing where he says he gets to makerules and I have to drive up to N. Georgia then hike the Appalachian Trail to have some idiotic Deliverance picnic with him.
Stupid scheme to get himself out of the mess his mouth created for him. Basically it's wussy trash. Waste of time.
Do you have any answers as to how government education has let America down, and what the key drivers of this situation are?

Do you have any idea on how to fix it?

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#12034 May 18, 2013
Bored wrote:
example of intrusive government......
"On Monday, Sept 23, 2011 U.S.Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack spoke to the members of the National Restaurant Association to tell them that they need to create the appropriate transition to tasteless food, so that eventually Americans will learn to “adjust” their tastes to the kind of food that the federal government believes that they should eat.
“You know,” Vilsack said,“as we deal with this issue of reducing sodium and sugar, it sounds simple to do, but you all know better than I do, it’s not as simple as it sounds.”
“It’s going to take some time for people’s taste to adjust and they will adjust over time, but it will take some time. So, we have to make sure that what we do is create the appropriate transition. At the end of the day, though, we’ve got to deal with this.”
Anyone remember just recently, N.Y Mayor says super drinks will be outlawed.
The whole "super size issue", for drinks, fried or fatty foods, or whatever, is nothing more than a scheme to increase sales tax revenue.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#12035 May 18, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm not going to debate the finer points of it. There is no doubt in my mind that Rick Santorum, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, Paul Broun, I could go on and on, would each and every one vote for an amendment to make Christianity the national religion..
I couldn't care less what rattles around in your little mind, but unless they SAID they would vote for such an amendment - your opinion is moot.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#12038 May 18, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>Well this is over.
Paul Broun 2014 signs are increasing by the day. I even saw a Broun bumper sticker today.
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#12039 May 18, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any answers as to how government education has let America down, and what the key drivers of this situation are?
Do you have any idea on how to fix it?
We are teaching for the industrial model. We teach how to work in a factory, with our need for standardized testing. The recent teacher scandal in Georgia is a perfect example of its failure.
Over the past three and a half years I took a massive study on storm water. I knew nothing.
After many experts, research, facts, trying to decipher through, I think the best analysis originated from my experience, as a way of explaining all of the facts. That couldn't be learned in a textbook.
And I wouldn't have been able to come up with the analysis, unless I had studied facts.
School needs to happen outside of the classroom too.
Wasn't DNA discovered by accident? Our wisdom often originates from our mistakes, and integrating experience with education.
Danger Zone

Norcross, GA

#12040 May 18, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post.
Most conservatives dont need to take a poll to know that most Americans are NOT in favor of "government" establishing a "national" religion, how dumb could that be? This country's constitution was constructed to keep "government" out of religion and herein is the conflict, where the "federal" government is sticking it's nose into every facet of citizens lives, whether it be religion, political persuasion, etc.
PC is an anathema to freedom loving people everywhere and is one of the many reasons people want to immigrate to America.
If they knew the enlightened America we are living in today, they would turn tail and go back home.
Anyone can goolge intrusive american government and find out what I am saying.
You are exactly right, keep government OUT of religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr the GOPee is DEAD 110,391
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Tennessee ... (Oct '10) 15 hr Blue 2 89
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 16 hr duck 102,866
Election Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Dec 12 amused2death 8,720
Election Who's got your vote in the Alabama Senate race? (Nov '14) Dec 11 Wow 11
Election Who are you voting for in the California Govern... (Oct '14) Dec 9 REM 24
Election Who's got your vote in the West Virginia State ... (Oct '14) Dec 9 ST III Vet 11
More from around the web