Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Citizen Sound-Off Forum

Comments (Page 528)

Showing posts 10,541 - 10,560 of39,248
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
Finally, something correct and accurate (the first part, you're not). Don't know about the second...
I'm as smart as I want to be. If being smart means being like you. Then I'd rather stupid.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am ignoring the Koch Bros remark in order to comment on the true issue here and in light of our agreement to discuss the KB and George Soros at a later date. My post is about your framing of the argument as an attempt to "reintroduce segregation".
From what I have read, the problem is that at some point in the past, children were subject to removal from their neighborhood schools in order to achieve more racially mixed schools. When in 2000, the court determined that to be an "illegal" basis for shuffling children around, the criteria was changed to wanting to enhance socio-economic diversity into the schools. That rationale stood. Subsequently, suburban Wake County children were bused into urban Raleigh city schools and vice versa. One thing that was done that sounds like a good thing is that money was spent creating high quality magnet schools in Raleigh to attract the suburban children. Unfortunately, many children faced long bus rides, some schools had to adjust their hours because children who lived furthest away could not get their in time, and many children ended up not living close to any of their school friends.
Among complaints voiced: parents were frustrated at not having a voice in where their children attended school, parents were frustrated with not having their children in "neighborhood" schools, both for convenience and for being close to school friends, and over the quality of schools some of their children attended. Homeowners complained because they could no longer use the quality of their local schools as a selling point because there was no guaranteeing what school a new child would be assigned to. Realtors complained that parents looking to buy a home discounted Wake County schools because of that uncertainty and chose to purchase in other counties.
Americans for Prosperity did help conservative candidates who ran for the school board on a platform of changing the system of school assignment.
The point I am making is that you cannot simply frame the argument so simplistically as to say it is "all about race". Could that be a factor for some of the people arguing for a change - I am not about to deny it could be. But the other problems mentioned are VERY valid and there is no reason to think they were not the prime motivations for most parents wanting change.
You might have some credence with that argument, if it weren't for a few things. Let's begin with the Koch Bros father:

In 1958, Fred Koch — the founder of Koch Industries — joined a group of manufacturing executives and Robert Welch to found the John Birch Society, a virulent far-right group that dominated the civil rights debate. The John Birch Society organized an impeachment campaign against then-Supreme Court Justice Earl Warren for the Brown v. Board decision outlawing racial segregation, and mobilized its supporters to oppose integration of schools on the grounds that mixing black and white would lead to the “mongrelization” of the races. Fred supported the John Birch Society’s anti-civil rights campaign, and wrote a screed denouncing the civil rights movement as communist-inspired.

That's pretty much all the convincing I need as to why a pair of brothers a 1000 miles away would invest millions in what ultimately is a segregation effort at a county school board level.

The other would be the actual witness testimony from those involved. There's a good amount of it on the web.
Redneck

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
You might have some credence with that argument, if it weren't for a few things. Let's begin with the Koch Bros father:
In 1958, Fred Koch — the founder of Koch Industries — joined a group of manufacturing executives and Robert Welch to found the John Birch Society, a virulent far-right group that dominated the civil rights debate. The John Birch Society organized an impeachment campaign against then-Supreme Court Justice Earl Warren for the Brown v. Board decision outlawing racial segregation, and mobilized its supporters to oppose integration of schools on the grounds that mixing black and white would lead to the “mongrelization” of the races. Fred supported the John Birch Society’s anti-civil rights campaign, and wrote a screed denouncing the civil rights movement as communist-inspired.
That's pretty much all the convincing I need as to why a pair of brothers a 1000 miles away would invest millions in what ultimately is a segregation effort at a county school board level.
The other would be the actual witness testimony from those involved. There's a good amount of it on the web.
And it must be true if it's on the internet...

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
Things ARE getting bad for the White House this week:
New charges have been levied against the Obama administration. Apparently a junior purchasing agent with the Department of Agriculture working out the Boise, ID office came back from lunch 10 minutes late yesterday. When asked about it Obama responded with "I wasn't aware of it".
Republication Congressional leaders cited the need for a Select Committee on Lunch Lateness. They want to find out exactly WHAT Obama knows and when he knew it. Rand Paul is calling for the immediate dismissal of EVERYBODY.
During the same interview the same Congressional leaders were asked about their latest legislation designed to bolster the housing market and their latest jobs bill. They responded with a blank stare.
That is funny :)
Danger Zone

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well! This post has certainly earned you an A+ in Gobblygook.
Not as funny as this :)
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Redneck wrote:
<quoted text>And it must be true if it's on the internet...
Videos of school board members depicting their experiences? I'd hazard a guess that they aren't faked.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Videos of school board members depicting their experiences? I'd hazard a guess that they aren't faked.
Man it got quiet. What happened???? I figured there'd be ten more pages of posts by now.
Informed Opinion

North Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

BS Is Called wrote:
<quoted text>What is your point?
Charlie Sheen is a fine fellow and he's as smart as all those guys paid millions to go away.

That's all
Informed Opinion

North Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
13 May 2012 Press Conference (cont)

Reporter: " Thank you, Mr. President. I wanted to ask about the IRS and Benghazi.....And on Benghazi, newly public emails show that the White House and the State Department appear to have been more closely involved with the crafting of the talking points on the attack than first acknowledged. Do you think the White House misled the public about its role in shaping the talking points? And do you stand by your administration's assertions that the talking points were not purposely changed to downplay the prospects of terrorism?....

With respect to Benghazi,.... The day after it happened, I acknowledged that this was an act of terrorism....."

Oh, REALLY?

Transcript from 60 Minutes interview, 12 Sep 2012 with Steve Kroft

"Kroft: Mr. President, this morning you went out of your way to avoid the use of the word terrorism in connection with the Libya attack.

Obama: Right."
======
So, which is it?
Uh oh

It turns out Benghazi was actually a CIA operation that used the State Department as cover.

Now "Bored" and "Aggie" and the Right Wing Wacko Gang that couldn't shoot straight got egg streaming down their faces - again.

Not only are they hypocrites who never have a damn when people were killed in embassies and consulates during RWW years, it turns out Benghazi was a CIA operation the State Department was trying to keep covert.

Turns out the CIA was responsible for security and they trusted locals to protect them.

OK you Right Wing Wacko knuckleheads - which one of you has the character to admit you were not just hypocrites, but that you were astoundingly incredibly wrong to accuse Clinton of wrongdoing, when the whole thing was a CIA operation gone wrong.

The various accounts of the Sept. 11 Benghazi incident in which four Americans died demonstrate that there is a profound misunderstanding of what the Central Intelligence Agency does and how it interacts with the State Department overseas. The U.S. ambassador in any country is the personal representative of the president of the United States, and he is nominally in charge of all the American officials posted to the country. But the key word is “nominally.”

.... "Benghazi has been described as a U.S. consulate, but it was not. It was an information office that had no diplomatic status. There was a small staff of actual State Department information officers plus local translators. The much larger CIA base was located in a separate building a mile away. It was protected by a not completely reliable local militia. Base management would have no say in the movement of the ambassador and would not be party to his plans, nor would it clear its own operations with the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli. In Benghazi, the CIA’s operating directive would have been focused on two objectives: monitoring the local al-Qaeda affiliate group, Ansar al-Sharia, and tracking down weapons liberated from Colonel Gaddafi’s arsenal. Staff consisted of CIA paramilitaries who were working in cooperation with the local militia. The ambassador would not be privy to operational details and would only know in general what the agency was up to. When the ambassador’s party was attacked, the paramilitaries at the CIA base came to the rescue before being driven back into their own compound, where two officers were subsequently killed in a mortar attack.

Philip Giraldi, a former CIA officer, is executive director of the Council for the National Interest.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Man it got quiet. What happened???? I figured there'd be ten more pages of posts by now.
Well let us change that.

"Lois Lerner, the senior IRS official at the center of the decision to target tea party groups for burdensome tax scrutiny, signed paperwork granting tax-exempt status to the Barack H. Obama Foundation, a shady charity headed by the president’s half-brother that operated illegally for years.

According to the organization’s filings, Lerner approved the foundation’s tax status within a month of filing, an unprecedented timeline that stands in stark contrast to conservative organizations that have been waiting for more than three years, in some cases, for approval.

Lerner also appears to have broken with the norms of tax-exemption approval by granting retroactive tax-exempt status to Malik Obama’s organization.

The National Legal and Policy Center filed an official complaint with the IRS in May 2011 asking why the foundation was being allowed to solicit tax-deductible contributions when it had not even applied for an IRS determination. In a New York Post article dated May 8, 2011, an officer of the foundation admitted,“We haven’t been able to find someone with the expertise” to apply for tax-exempt status.

Nevertheless, a month later, the Barack H. Obama Foundation had flown through the grueling application process. Lerner granted the organization a 501(c) determination and even gave it a retroactive tax exemption dating back to December 2008."

pdf on website.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/14/irs-officia...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
Hey, My fellow Righties:
Watch out, I think the Lefties on here are losing it. They see that the Left wing media has realized that they can no longer keep covering for Obama and expect to retain any shred of credibility. Consequently, they are actually ....GASP....
covering the latest examples of incompetence/corruption/neglig ence/cover-up...(so many apt word choices) and have quit providing cover for the Obama White House. I suspect it is going to get pretty ugly on here as our little lefty posters feel abandoned by even ....MSNBC.[Did anyone see Mika Brzezinski on Morning Joe yesterday - you would have sworn someone had handed her an excrement sandwich as she actually had to talk about both Benghazi and the IRS
scandal]
I am feeling a glimmer of hope in regard to the media. It's not too late for them to become fair and balanced. It will most certainly be new territory for them. I have mentioned before that the media has taken some severe hits in regard to their culling stories and covering for democrats, ESPECIALLY Obama. We all know why. At any rate, Benghazi,the AP invasion of privacy and the IRS biasness is too big and runs too deep for the media to take a chance on a coverup. That would basically end it for the media.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

And another IRS gaffe.

Gotta be getting hot at the IRS. The iceberg is melting and the stories are coming out.

"The IRS came after Billy Graham, too, his son charged Tuesday in a letter to President Barack Obama.

Franklin Graham, the president of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and the family’s international humanitarian organization Samaritan’s Purse, said that the IRS notified the organizations in September that it was conducting a “review” of their activities for tax year 2010.

With the IRS admitting it gave extra scrutiny to conservative political organizations, Graham says he now believes that the review was part of an Obama administration effort of “targeting and attempting to intimidate us.”

The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association urging of voters to back “candidates who base their decisions on biblical principles and support the nation of Israel” during last year’s presidential race was the reason why IRS agents visited the North Carolina offices of both Graham groups, the letter accuses.

“While these audits not only wasted taxpayer money, they wasted money contributed by donors for ministry purposes as we had to spend precious resources servicing the IRS agents in our offices,” Graham wrote in the letter, which was shared with POLITICO.“I believe that someone in the administration was targeting and attempting to intimidate us. This is morally wrong and unethical – indeed some would call it ‘un-American.”

Graham said that “in light” of the IRS admission that it targeted tea party groups for added scrutiny,“I do not believe that the IRS audit of our two organizations last year is a coincidence – or justifiable.”

Graham was not available to comment Tuesday because he was traveling, a spokesman said. The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment. An IRS spokesman said that he had not seen the letter and could not comment.

The Graham organizations kept their federal income tax exemptions after the audit — but were not told they’d be able to until after the November election, he wrote.

Graham, who last week attended a White House meeting for religious leaders to discuss gun control, said the IRS story threatens to engulf all manner of non-profit organizations.

“Mr. President, the IRS has already publicly acknowledged it operated in a less than neutral and non-partisan way,” Graham wrote.“We also now know that the target of their improper actions was much wider than political or Tea Party organizations. Will you take some immediate action to reassure Americans we are not in a new chapter of American history – repressive government rule?”
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am feeling a glimmer of hope in regard to the media. It's not too late for them to become fair and balanced. It will most certainly be new territory for them. I have mentioned before that the media has taken some severe hits in regard to their culling stories and covering for democrats, ESPECIALLY Obama. We all know why. At any rate, Benghazi,the AP invasion of privacy and the IRS biasness is too big and runs too deep for the media to take a chance on a coverup. That would basically end it for the media.

NBC nightly news is most the balanced reporting this week. ABC and CBS are still buried deep up the hindquarters of Obama.
Informed Opinion

North Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>How MANY TIMES are we going to have to go over response, how about answering those questions???????? BTW, I don't believe I would even MENTION IQ if I were you.
You owe me.

I actually read your nauseating silliness and threw up a little bit in my mouth.

We expect silliness from you, but such absolute fecal matter is totally unacceptable.

You're still actually complaining that we can't save the victims of Right Wing Wacko lunacy an greed faster than you Right Wingers can get them killed.

When the Boston Strangler made the same complaint folks said he was absolute psycho. Now we know he was just a Right Wing Wacko - ahead of his time.

When you go to counseling this week - tell the shrink you have issues accepting personal responsibility, or just tell him you're a Right Wing Wacko - she'll understand and try to help.

Oh wait ... You've already mad at her because she hasn't been able to force you to accept personal responsibility either.

Kind of a Catch 22 it seems.

Well, good luck with that.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Well let us change that.
"Lois Lerner, the senior IRS official at the center of the decision to target tea party groups for burdensome tax scrutiny, signed paperwork granting tax-exempt status to the Barack H. Obama Foundation, a shady charity headed by the president’s half-brother that operated illegally for years.
According to the organization’s filings, Lerner approved the foundation’s tax status within a month of filing, an unprecedented timeline that stands in stark contrast to conservative organizations that have been waiting for more than three years, in some cases, for approval.
Lerner also appears to have broken with the norms of tax-exemption approval by granting retroactive tax-exempt status to Malik Obama’s organization.
The National Legal and Policy Center filed an official complaint with the IRS in May 2011 asking why the foundation was being allowed to solicit tax-deductible contributions when it had not even applied for an IRS determination. In a New York Post article dated May 8, 2011, an officer of the foundation admitted,“We haven’t been able to find someone with the expertise” to apply for tax-exempt status.
Nevertheless, a month later, the Barack H. Obama Foundation had flown through the grueling application process. Lerner granted the organization a 501(c) determination and even gave it a retroactive tax exemption dating back to December 2008."
pdf on website.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/14/irs-officia...
It's called having the advantage, because your the President of The United states. Why else would you hate him? Oh yeah. There's the black thing, but civilized folks are above that and are color blind. Right? Yeah right...... Oh and watching republicans like a hawk just makes good business sense. You republicans are so smart that if we don't watch you. You'll rob our dumba$$es blind.
Informed Opinion

North Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Did NOT address one question nor point. Your so called response has no substance. You didn't answer because you can't. You wouldn't be lock step supporting your liberal socialist commie party. You have NO credibility. Don't even bother with your worn out, ineffective, low information proving broken recored posts. UGH.
Ah shucks.

I bet when you Right Wing Wackos want to have a good time-

you fire to your house,
then have a ball,
bitching that the fire department didn't stop you before you started the fire,
and bitching the firefighters didn't save everything you burned.

What a bunch of loons
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
NBC nightly news is most the balanced reporting this week. ABC and CBS are still buried deep up the hindquarters of Obama.

Of course NBC's rating is in the dumps, money comes before politics and even the liberal hucksters prefer money over integrity.

Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>It's called having the advantage, because your the President of The United states. Why else would you hate him? Oh yeah. There's the black thing, but civilized folks are above that and are color blind. Right? Yeah right...... Oh and watching republicans like a hawk just makes good business sense. You republicans are so smart that if we don't watch you. You'll rob our dumba$$es blind.

So you are agreeing Obama has influenced the IRS?

Informed Opinion

North Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
Things ARE getting bad for the White House this week:

New charges have been levied against the Obama administration. Apparently a junior purchasing agent with the Department of Agriculture working out the Boise, ID office came back from lunch 10 minutes late yesterday. When asked about it Obama responded with "I wasn't aware of it".

Republication Congressional leaders cited the need for a Select Committee on Lunch Lateness. They want to find out exactly WHAT Obama knows and when he knew it. Rand Paul is calling for the immediate dismissal of EVERYBODY.

During the same interview the same Congressional leaders were asked about their latest legislation designed to bolster the housing market and their latest jobs bill. They responded with a blank stare.
That bastard in Boise !!!!

What the hell is Obama gonna do about him !!!

Thousands of dead American troops,$6 Trillion spent for illegal wars, and a devastated economy we can stand,

But no damn way we're puttin up with that SOB in Boise !

We're Right Wing Wacko hypocritical lunatics by God, and proud if it.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

A typical democrap in washington....
Where do yall come up with these bozos.

"With the rumbling of so much scandal ripping through Washington this week—woeful stories about Benghazi, the DOJ subpoena of journalists' phone records and the IRS unfairly targeting conservative groups—it's hard to keep track of all the terrible.

Even lawmakers sometimes struggle.

At Rep. Steny Hoyer's weekly meeting with reporters on Tuesday, the Maryland Democrat was asked if he was concerned about the DOJ seizing phone records from Associated Press journalists working in the House press gallery in the Capitol building.

Hoyer's answer was well-delivered: Articulate, clear, firm and precise.

One problem: He responded to the wrong scandal.

"The IRS activity was inappropriate, inconsistent with our policies and practices as a country, very concerning, needs to be reviewed carefully," Hoyer, one of the top-ranking House Democrats, said in response to a question from Fox News' Chad Pergram about the DOJ. "We need to ensure that this does not happen again, and we need to find out how long it continued, when it was stopped. It is my understanding—there was a front-page story on this at the [Washington] Post—it's my understanding that [IRS official] Lois Lerner, who was apparently overseeing this, at some point in time found out about this and said ..."

When Hoyer named Lerner, Pergram interrupted.

"We're talking about two things," Pergram, who apparently had not heard the first mention of the IRS, said from across the table, "You said Lois Lerner and the IRS."

Another reporter sitting closer to Hoyer, Public Radio International's Todd Zwillich, learned over and said softly, "He's talking about the AP story."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 10,541 - 10,560 of39,248
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••