Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6198 Apr 6, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
+1
Now that I'm "caught up" on reading this thread, it's interesting to note that a certain someone has not responded to posts with questions about "their" tax proposal...
Interesting? Yes.
Surprising? No. You have to know what you're talking about to provide such information.
His/her response of "I'll get around to it when I want", or whatever, is a good indication that he/she has NO CLUE about taxes and may be doing a whole bunch of research to not further embarrass him or herself...
Interesting that this post, made yesterday, still holds true...

One would THINK that someone so eloquent, so erudite, so all knowing, would be able to document their tax plan fairly easily.

NOT!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6199 Apr 6, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
And you probably wish for "means testing" for social security and medicare also don't you?
I'm expecting that, by the time I reach the age to receive Social Security benefits, there will be significant limitations/reductions based on earnings and/or assets.

I don't think it's "fair", but I think it's probably needed and acceptable to me.
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#6200 Apr 6, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>And you probably wish for "means testing" for social security and medicare also don't you?
Hell no.

Social Security, Medicare, and Medicare Part D are the most obviously socialist programs since the Soviet Union provided pensions and medical care for old people.

These programs must be completely eliminated so that we can prove, once and for all, the results of the Right Wing's demand any and all socialist programs must be eliminated.

Let's do it - watch the debacle - and get over it. Then we can return to rational programs like a truly progressive income tax, a highly progressive inheritance tax, and social programs for our fellow Americans.

It's going to painful , but until the bodies of millions of homeless or dead elderly Americans litter the roadside, Right Wingers will continue to enjoy socialist programs, while refusing to pay their costs.

It'll have to get worse - to get better.
Bored

Bogart, GA

#6201 Apr 6, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell no.
Social Security, Medicare, and Medicare Part D are the most obviously socialist programs since the Soviet Union provided pensions and medical care for old people.
These programs must be completely eliminated so that we can prove, once and for all, the results of the Right Wing's demand any and all socialist programs must be eliminated.
Let's do it - watch the debacle - and get over it. Then we can return to rational programs like a truly progressive income tax, a highly progressive inheritance tax, and social programs for our fellow Americans.
It's going to painful , but until the bodies of millions of homeless or dead elderly Americans litter the roadside, Right Wingers will continue to enjoy socialist programs, while refusing to pay their costs.
It'll have to get worse - to get better.
And you thought your kids were yours, sorry-sorry-sorry.


Bored

Bogart, GA

#6202 Apr 6, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell no.
Social Security, Medicare, and Medicare Part D are the most obviously socialist programs since the Soviet Union provided pensions and medical care for old people.
These programs must be completely eliminated so that we can prove, once and for all, the results of the Right Wing's demand any and all socialist programs must be eliminated.
Let's do it - watch the debacle - and get over it. Then we can return to rational programs like a truly progressive income tax, a highly progressive inheritance tax, and social programs for our fellow Americans.
It's going to painful , but until the bodies of millions of homeless or dead elderly Americans litter the roadside, Right Wingers will continue to enjoy socialist programs, while refusing to pay their costs.
It'll have to get worse - to get better.
And am glad you will be taking care of all the kids of sorry people who drop'em and leave'em.
bosco

Lawrenceville, GA

#6203 Apr 6, 2013
Why don't you start a thread that all this bull would fall under the subject instead of posting it in a discussion about a race that was over years ago?
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#6204 Apr 6, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>And am glad you will be taking care of all the kids of sorry people who drop'em and leave'em.
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
But Jesus said, Allow little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Right Wing King James Bible (2013)
But Jesus said, Allow little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven, export for those useless kids born to parents too poor, too immature, too addicted to drugs, or just plain too selfish to care for those crumb crunchers. Let them die - sorry - but it sure isn't the responsibility of Christians to care for these brats - nobody made their parents have sex - so it's just tough toenails for them.

By the way, did I mentions that I care so much I know when even a sparrow falls. But that's a sparrow, not some rug rat kid that picked the wrong parents - sucks to be him.

Thus sayeth The Lord of the Right Wing.
Bored

Bogart, GA

#6205 Apr 6, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
But Jesus said, Allow little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
Right Wing King James Bible (2013)
But Jesus said, Allow little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven, export for those useless kids born to parents too poor, too immature, too addicted to drugs, or just plain too selfish to care for those crumb crunchers. Let them die - sorry - but it sure isn't the responsibility of Christians to care for these brats - nobody made their parents have sex - so it's just tough toenails for them.
By the way, did I mentions that I care so much I know when even a sparrow falls. But that's a sparrow, not some rug rat kid that picked the wrong parents - sucks to be him.
Thus sayeth The Lord of the Right Wing.
A mocker of God using biblical words?
What's next?
Bored

Bogart, GA

#6206 Apr 6, 2013
One of the best explanations I've read about the Euro.
Also applies to what happens here in America.

Read it in your browser or download as a pdf file.

http://mises.org/books/bagus_tragedy_of_euro....
starlight

Lawrenceville, GA

#6207 Apr 6, 2013
bosco wrote:
Why don't you start a thread that all this bull would fall under the subject instead of posting it in a discussion about a race that was over years ago?
I bet you are black and racist
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#6208 Apr 6, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>A mocker of God using biblical words?
What's next?
A true miracle perhaps.

A Right Winger who claims to be Christian demanding our society actually exercise Christian values -
and - GASP - pay taxes to care for the children of our nation.

Decency - what a concept !

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#6209 Apr 6, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Please just admit you were wrong.
There's no shame in learning from others. We Moderates and Progressives do it all the time.
Just plain facts:
In addition to salary and other benefits the guy received TWO BILLION DOLLARS in option and grants. He bought his way out of a federal indictment for a few hundred million bucks - walking away with OVER A BILLION DOLLARS in stock alone.
Amazingly, you think it helps your cause to argue he got less than a BILLION DOLLARS or not.
Imagine how ludicrous is it to base your rebuttal on a claim the the guy fires for stealing billions from the government got less than a billion dollars for depriving patients of medical care.
Even your have to understand that's like arguing Ted Bundy wasn't a bad guy, because he might not have killed ALL those women.
And people wonder why private insurance for medical care is a joke - and every industrialized country in the world has gone to single payer government superiors medical insurance.
By not us - no by God, were Americans and proud to be stupid.
I'm sorry I am not going over it again. Either take or leave my last reply.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#6210 Apr 6, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell no.
Social Security, Medicare, and Medicare Part D are the most obviously socialist programs since the Soviet Union provided pensions and medical care for old people.
These programs must be completely eliminated so that we can prove, once and for all, the results of the Right Wing's demand any and all socialist programs must be eliminated.
Let's do it - watch the debacle - and get over it. Then we can return to rational programs like a truly progressive income tax, a highly progressive inheritance tax, and social programs for our fellow Americans.
It's going to painful , but until the bodies of millions of homeless or dead elderly Americans litter the roadside, Right Wingers will continue to enjoy socialist programs, while refusing to pay their costs.
It'll have to get worse - to get better.
I'm for it. All the government has to do is give me back all my S.S. money with the interest it would have drawn over the years just like a private 401k. Also that money could be inherited just as any other 401 or mutual fund. I and the rest of America would be much better off. That way you wouldn't have to put any money into S.S. and would not have that to gripe about.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#6211 Apr 6, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
A mocker of God using biblical words?
What's next?
That's nothing , He even made up a prayer for me trying to shame me in the name of the Lord.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#6212 Apr 6, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
A true miracle perhaps.
A Right Winger who claims to be Christian demanding our society actually exercise Christian values -
and - GASP - pay taxes to care for the children of our nation.
Decency - what a concept !
Just who made you God!!
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#6213 Apr 6, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's nothing , He even made up a prayer for me trying to shame me in the name of the Lord.
No, if anything shames you before the Lord it would be a Right Winger's disregard for the plight of his fellow man.

It would be a Right Wingers refusal a follow the precepts of the New Testament.

Feel free to continue denying the problems confronting your fellow

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6214 Apr 6, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, there was no economic problems when Bush was president - well maybe on on Right Wing Planet - but here on Earth there were plenty. Hence the appropriately titled "Bush Recession" and "Bush Deficits."
Hey, you can either provide documentation Reagan and Bush refused pay;
or
You can't.
Hmmmm. What would a Right Wing Hypocrite do ?
Answer the question;
or
make a silly, nonsensical, childish remark, hoping nobody notices they cannot rebut the implication drawn.
Ah.... Never mind ... We all know Right Wingers lose any argument based on facts and rational thought so ...
"Obama is drunk and hopeless".
Yep, that's persuasive.
I hope the neighborhood kids come by seeking cookies - dealing with Right Wing Wackos has made me long for more adult conversation.
lol I said YOU are Obama drunk. I am going to enjoy seeing you brainless liberals PAY for what you voted for. I am 100% positive it's going to happen. Not ONE doubt. I just wish the rest of us didn't have to go down with you.

Well, You didn't post links, so it's just more of your gibberish. I broke my rule and read your waste of time post and I don't even know why. Just more of your crazy ...right wingers do this, right wingers do that, blah blah blah.

Your last sentence makes about as much sense as the rest of your crap does. Moving on.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6215 Apr 6, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
2006, hmmm, a renaissance man?
He is more like a clueless troll. A filibustering clueless troll.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6216 Apr 6, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it great to live in Right Wing Fantasy World where Republicans don't devastate the economy and and where the myth of equal opportunity soothes the consciences of the "Have's" as they enjoy the benefits of a society designed by them and for them.
But then - EVIL REALITY - rears it ugly head. Facts and statistics are raised that demonstrate the myth ..... Is a myth.
But, before you read, it's a beautiful day, use those Socialist Security I pay for you to get; use that Socialist Medicare I pay for you to get; stop by the drug store and refresh that Ablilify you get through that Socialist Medicare Part D I pay for you to enjoy, grab a fishing pole and head out to a nice Socialist TVA lake and catch a few fish.
While your enjoying all your socialist benefits I give you, try to avoid the Right Wing hatred of knowledge and read the following about the myth of "equal opportunity":
THE GREAT DIVIDE February
16, 2013, 2:30 pm 336 Comments
Equal Opportunity, Our National Myth
By JOSEPH E. STIGLITZ
"The gap between aspiration and reality could hardly be wider. Today, the United States has less equality of opportunity than almost any other advanced industrial country.
Study after study has exposed the myth that America is a land of opportunity.
It’s not that social mobility is impossible, but that the upwardly mobile American is becoming a statistical oddity.
According to research from the Brookings Institution, only 58 percent of Americans born into the bottom fifth of income earners move out of that category, and just 6 percent born into the bottom fifth move into the top. Economic mobility in the United States is lower than in most of Europe and lower than in all of Scandinavia.
But then we changed, in several ways. While racial segregation decreased, economic segregation increased. After 1980, the poor grew poorer, the middle stagnated, and the top did better and better.
Disparities widened between those living in poor localities and those living in rich suburbs — or rich enough to send their kids to private schools.
A result was a widening gap in educational performance — the achievement gap between rich and poor kids born in 2001 was 30 to 40 percent larger than it was for those born 25 years earlier, the Stanford sociologist Sean F. Reardon found."
Joseph E. Stiglitz, a Nobel laureate in economics, a professor at Columbia and a former chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers and chief economist for the World Bank, is the author of “The Price of Inequality.”
TROLL
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#6217 Apr 6, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>Just who made you God!!
I didn't write the New Testament.

I didn't say:

Philippians 2:4 ESV

Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Proverbs 21:13 ESV

Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor will himself call out and not be answered.

1 John 3:17-18 ESV

But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.

Matthew 25:40 ESV / 57 helpful votes

And the King will answer them,‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Proverbs 28:27 ESV

Whoever gives to the poor will not want, but he who hides his eyes will get many a curse

Matthew 25:31-46

... Then the King will say to those on his right,‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,...

Proverbs 19:17 ESV

Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.

But it's my fault Right Wingers make fun of us "Libtards" who demand we care for our fellow Americans ?

Sounds like that's the "Right" thing to do - even if you all want to call us "Socialist" - it seems Jesus was the ultimate Liberal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Reader 287,534
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in North Carolin... (Oct '10) 7 hr mkl 13
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) Sat River Tam 101,589
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) Sat RNC Rightwing NUT... 110,130
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Aug 16 MAGA 1,035
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Oklahoma's ... (Oct '14) Aug 16 Killkenny 21
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in West Virgin... (Oct '14) Aug 14 duck 68
More from around the web