Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#28463 Oct 23, 2013
So a White House staffer gets fired for anonymous tweets. Sounds like he sound have been fired, but I just find it interesting that sending out unflattering tweets about the administration gets you fired, but:
- targeting American citizens for exercising their First Amendment rights doesn't get you fired
- illegally sharing confidential taxpayer information doesn't get you fired
- allowing guns to "walk" into the hands of drug dealers doesn't get you fired
- not only denying security but reducing security in a known area of Islamic terrorism that results in the deaths of 4 Americans doesn't get you fired
- targeting a news reporter and his family doesn't get you fired
- spending $400 million on a failed website doesn't get you fired (yet, anyway)
and on and on.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#28464 Oct 23, 2013
Inside the Fox News lie machine: I fact-checked Sean Hannity on Obamacare
UPDATE I re-reported a Fox News segment on Obamacare -- it was appallingly easy to see how it misleads the audience
BY ERIC STERN
http://www.salon.com/2013/10/18/inside_the_fo...

I happened to turn on the Hannity show on Fox News last Friday evening.“Average Americans are feeling the pain of Obamacare and the healthcare overhaul train wreck,” Hannity announced,“and six of them are here tonight to tell us their stories.” Three married couples were neatly arranged in his studio, the wives seated and the men standing behind them, like game show contestants.

As Hannity called on each of them, the guests recounted their “Obamacare” horror stories: canceled policies, premium hikes, restrictions on the freedom to see a doctor of their choice, financial burdens upon their small businesses and so on.

“These are the stories that the media refuses to cover,” Hannity interjected.

But none of it smelled right to me. Nothing these folks were saying jibed with the basic facts of the Affordable Care Act as I understand them. I understand them fairly well; I have worked as a senior adviser to a governor and helped him deal with the new federal rules.

I decided to hit the pavement. I tracked down Hannity’s guests, one by one, and did my own telephone interviews with them.

First I spoke with Paul Cox of Leicester, N.C. He and his wife Michelle had lamented to Hannity that because of Obamacare, they can’t grow their construction business and they have kept their employees below a certain number of hours, so that they are part-timers.

Obamacare has no effect on businesses with 49 employees or less. But in our brief conversation on the phone, Paul revealed that he has only four employees. Why the cutback on his workforce?“Well,” he said,“I haven’t been forced to do so, it’s just that I’ve chosen to do so. I have to deal with increased costs.” What costs? And how, I asked him, is any of it due to Obamacare? There was a long pause, after which he said he’d call me back. He never did.

There is only one Obamacare requirement that applies to a company of this size: workers must be notified of the existence of the “healthcare.gov” website, the insurance exchange. That’s all.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#28465 Oct 23, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
When a country is at war one can't just walk up and ask a person, "are you my enemy"? When we were at war with Japan all of the Japanese people were our enemies. I am sure there were some Japanese that didn't believe in what their country was doing and was against the war. So what? Do we just ignore the enemies that wish to kill us because there are a few that might not feel that way? How do we tell which one wants to hurt us and which one doesn't? Sometimes all will be punished as that is the only way to win a war.
Wakeup so called peaceful Muslim, and tell your people to knock of the acts of war against us and the rest of the world and we just might be able to get along.
You are one sick ignorant bigot,
no wonder you puke so easily.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#28466 Oct 23, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
You're making a false argument here. There is a difference between those who are motivated by bigotry and racism who happen to claim to belong to a religion, in the case of most of the Klan, Christianity and those whose motivation COMES from their religion - Islamic terrorists. I wouldn't think I would be giving you an unreasonable amount of credit to be able to see the difference.
I have already addressed the point about the need for Islamic leaders themselves to come out in numbers to decry the tainting of their religion. Not a rhetorical talking point, a fact.
I hardly call it an "admission" to state that the acts of some should not be attributed to all - it too is a fact. And yet time and again, members of the Left on here continue to baselessly accuse all of us on the Right of being racists and bigots - with NO EVIDENCE whatsoever to back it up, simply the fact that we disagree with Obama and Democrats - there is your "ignorant bigotry."
Let' see, Synergy states that the 911 attackers were Muslims, therefore we should fear and mistrust all Muslims.

Let's see, Big Dave1 states that Islam has declared war on the West, therefore we should fear and mistrust all Muslims.

I pose the question, what religion were the 1963 church bombers, wondering, if that answer is ever discovered should we fear and mistrust all who share their religion.

Both Synergy and Big Dave1 have clearly shown themselves to be ignorant bigots and you think you can mount an argument that they aren't.

Now you're splitting hairs over what constitutes religious motivation, when racial segragation and white supremacy have a history of biblical justification to rationalize their bigoted ideology. Perhaps you are suggesting that the Klan was made up of pagan atheists, instead of the anti-semitic, anti-catholic, white protestants that fill their ranks.

Again, you want to find the denounciations by Islamic leaders against terror and violence, Google is your friend and you'll find them if you look.
o me o my

Alpharetta, GA

#28467 Oct 23, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one sick ignorant bigot,
no wonder you puke so easily.
You are one sick puppy, no wonder you're such a dumbazz.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#28468 Oct 23, 2013
UPDATE I re-reported a Fox News segment on Obamacare -- it was appallingly easy to see how it misleads the audience
BY ERIC STERN

Next I called Allison Denijs. She’d told Hannity that she pays over $13,000 a year in premiums. Like the other guests, she said she had recently gotten a letter from Blue Cross saying that her policy was being terminated and a new, ACA-compliant policy would take its place. She says this shows that Obama lied when he promised Americans that we could keep our existing policies.

Allison’s husband left his job a few years ago, one with benefits at a big company, to start his own business. Since then they’ve been buying insurance on the open market, and are now paying around $1,100 a month for a policy with a $2,500 deductible per family member, with hefty annual premium hikes. One of their two children is not covered under the policy. She has a preexisting condition that would require purchasing additional coverage for $600 a month, which would bring the family’s grand total to around $20,000 a year.

I asked Allison if she’d shopped on the exchange, to see what a plan might cost under the new law. She said she hadn’t done so because she’d heard the website was not working. Would she try it out when it’s up and running? Perhaps, she said. She told me she has long opposed Obamacare, and that the president should have focused on tort reform as a solution to bringing down the price of healthcare.

I tried an experiment and shopped on the exchange for Allison and Kurt. Assuming they don’t smoke and have a household income too high to be eligible for subsidies, I found that they would be able to get a plan for around $7,600, which would include coverage for their uninsured daughter. This would be about a 60 percent reduction from what they would have to pay on the pre-Obamacare market.

Allison also told me that the letter she received from Blue Cross said that in addition to the policy change for ACA compliance, in the new policy her physician network size might be reduced. That’s something insurance companies do to save money, with or without Obamacare on the horizon, just as they raise premiums with or without Obamacare coming.

If Allison’s choice of doctor was denied her through Obamacare then, yes, she could have a claim that Obamacare has hurt her. But she’d also have thousands of dollars in her pocket that she didn’t have before.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#28469 Oct 23, 2013
BY ERIC STERN

Finally, I called Robbie and Tina Robison from Franklin, Tenn. Robbie is self-employed as a Christian youth motivational speaker.(You can see his work here.) On Hannity, the couple said that they, too, were recently notified that their Blue Cross policy would be expiring for lack of ACA compliance. They told Hannity that the replacement plans Blue Cross was offering would come with a rate increase of 50 percent or even 75 percent, and that the new offerings would contain all sorts of benefits they don’t need, like maternity care, pediatric care, prenatal care and so forth. Their kids are grown and moved out, so why should they be forced to pay extra for a health plan with superfluous features?

When I spoke to Robbie, he said he and Tina have been paying a little over $800 a month for their plan, about $10,000 a year. And the ACA-compliant policy that will cost 50-75 percent more? They said this information was related to them by their insurance agent.

Had they shopped on the exchange yet, I asked? No, Tina said, nor would they. They oppose Obamacare and want nothing to do with it. Fair enough, but they should know that I found a plan for them for, at most,$3,700 a year, 63 percent less than their current bill. It might cover things that they don’t need, but so does every insurance policy.

It’s true that we don’t know for sure whether certain ills conservatives have warned about will occur once Obamacare is fully enacted. For example, will we truly have the same freedom to choose a physician that we have now? Will a surplus of insured patients require a scaling back (or “rationing,” as some call it) of provided healthcare services? Will doctors be able to spend as much time with patients? These are all valid, unanswered questions. The problem is that people like Sean Hannity have decided to answer them now, without evidence. Or worse, with fake evidence.

I don’t doubt that these six individuals believe that Obamacare is a disaster; but none of them had even visited the insurance exchange. And some of them appear to have taken actions (Paul Cox, for example) based on a general pessimistic belief about Obamacare. He’s certainly entitled to do so, but Hannity is not entitled to point to Paul’s behavior as an “Obamacare train wreck story” and maintain any credibility that he might have as a journalist.
whom

Toccoa, GA

#28470 Oct 23, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
This article is confusing registrations with enrollees. 134,000 New Yorkers may have REGISTERED, but as of Friday NOT ONE had enrolled.
"In New York, one of only 16 states that has its own exchange, not one person had succeeded in using the site to enroll in a plan as of Friday."
"Sebelius’ department also faces fire for taking too long to issue specifications to contractors working on software for the website and for failing to hire a contractor to manage the many companies working on parts of the site.
Another top administration official, Office of Management and Budget Director Sylvia Burwell, would not guarantee on Friday that problems with the site will be fixed by Dec. 14.
That’s the deadline for buying policies that kick in next year, when Americans who lack health insurance will start to face fines under Obamacare’s individual mandate."
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/whit...

well now, you know that bringing up facts will upset their rotten apple cart. They peddle rotten apples all day long and wonder why conservatives don't buy their their fruit.....

whom

Toccoa, GA

#28471 Oct 23, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have yet to see any evidence that the Birmingham church bombers were Christians. I see a whole lot of assuming going on, but let's look at what we KNOW. They were motivated by bigotry (not religion), they were Klansman and Democrats. So class repeat after me - no religious motivation, just political and racist motivations.
No let's look at our Islamic terrorists - there's a clue right there - ISLAMIC terrorists who as they detonate their bombs (or fly planes into buildings) shout ALLAHU AKBAR - literally translated as "Allah is greater" or more commonly "God is great." - I would think even the densest among you would recognize when RELIGIOUS motivation is staring you in the face. That is NOT saying that all Muslims are terrorists, but these days the odds are good that a terrorist is a Muslim. It's called playing the percentages.

And libroids shout &#1571;&#1608;&#15 76;&#1575;&#1605;& #1575; &#1607;&#1608; &#1575;&#1604;&#16 04;&#1607; , arabic for Obama is God....
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

#28472 Oct 23, 2013
Excellent post, Oh My.

It's interesting that so much of the hatred and criticism isn't based on anything that's actually real and factual. But that's what Fox delivers to their propaganda slurping fans.

Who cares if it's true? Tell them what they want to hear.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

#28473 Oct 23, 2013
whom wrote:
<quoted text>
And libroids shout &#1571;&#1608;&#15 76;&#1575;&#1605;& #1575; &#1607;&#1608; &#1575;&#1604;&#16 04;&#1607; , arabic for Obama is God....
Sorry about the brain-injury you're suffering from, man.
whom

Toccoa, GA

#28474 Oct 23, 2013

“Obamacare mandate may be delayed”

Most likely for a year, until after the 2014 elections. Those libroids gotta soothe the feelings of the voters, calm them down, and then stab them again in 2015…

And then there is this………….
10 things Obamacare won’t tell you

1-“You might want to avoid signing up on Day One.”

2-“Yes, some workers are being required to use exchanges — but not these exchanges.”
Three of the country’s biggest companies — IBM, Time Warner and Walgreen — announced in recent weeks that instead of offering traditional health benefits, they would send some of their current or retired workers to purchase coverage on insurance exchanges.

3-“Expect to be confused.”

4-“Don’t bother asking our staff for recommendations.”

5-“Blue states do it better.”

6-“Abuse our honor system at your peril.”

7-“You’ll still pay for this, even if you don’t use it.”

8-“We’re a magnet for hackers and con artists.”

9-“You might not be able to keep your doctor.”

10-“Competition is for the greater good — except when there aren’t any competitors.”
whom

Toccoa, GA

#28475 Oct 23, 2013

Obama and his Squatters,,, now who would've thought....

"Obamacare launch spawns 700+ cyber-squatters capitalizing on Healthcare.gov , state exchanges"

ROFL.....

whom

Toccoa, GA

#28477 Oct 23, 2013

Obamacare is cheap, it's inexpensive, everyone can afford it.
Cheaper than losing weight, cheaper, than individuals policies today, cheaper than personal taxes, cheaper than Michelles dresses....

CBS, the old reliable libroid news media...

"(CBS News) CBS News has uncovered a serious pricing problem with HealthCare.gov . It stems from the Obama administration's efforts to improve its health care website. A new online feature can dramatically underestimate the cost of insurance."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505269_162-576088...

whom

Toccoa, GA

#28478 Oct 23, 2013
whom wrote:
Most likely for a year, until after the 2014 elections. Those libroids gotta soothe the feelings of the voters, calm them down, and then stab them again in 2015…

Looks like i just made a prediction that very well may come true, won't be the first time....

Twitter is afire about this......

new: senior dem source tells me to expect every sen dem running in 2014 to back @JeanneShaheen proposal to delay #ACA enrollment deadline

Wow, lookee, lookee, lookee, Some Dems are very worried about re-election....
I expect the Tea Party will be active in many of those districts and States....including the rino districts and States.

whom

Toccoa, GA

#28479 Oct 23, 2013

Obamacare steamrolling over the poor and middle class.......

Oh my

Toccoa, GA

#28480 Oct 23, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
Excellent post, Oh My.
It's interesting that so much of the hatred and criticism isn't based on anything that's actually real and factual. But that's what Fox delivers to their propaganda slurping fans.
Who cares if it's true? Tell them what they want to hear.
Excellent post, ChicknButt.
whom

Toccoa, GA

#28481 Oct 23, 2013

Awwwww--- the old dithering president, dither here, dither there. Can't get Foreign Policy right, can't get obamacare right, can't get a white house production of a fainting obamacare client right.

The house is falling down, and Obama is determined to take the rest of America with him....

"The growing breach between the United States and Saudi Arabia was also on display in Washington, where another senior Saudi prince criticized Obama's Middle East policies, accusing him of 'dithering' on Syria and Israeli-Palestinian peace."

And Kerry says, I was Sailing, didn't know anything about it. Tells wife, "be prepared for another hospital visit"...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
whom

Toccoa, GA

#28482 Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#28483 Oct 23, 2013
Complete Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
That's rather irrelevant, isn't it? No one, not even I, denies that a number of Muslims have harmed us. That is a fact. But because a few have been terrorists does mean that all are terrorists? If so, that also means all Christians are terrorists, because some supposed Christians have been involved in terrorism. Sorry, bub, you can't have it both ways.
When is the last time that the so called good Muslims come out and stood up against Islamic violence? I must conclude that they condone the actions of their fellow Muslim terrorists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Le Duped 165,174
Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 30 min Fitzwalkerstan Pu... 7,113
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 31 min RepugliKKKans 99,209
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 1 hr 123pictures 164,163
Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... 2 hr WTSenior 970
OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 5 hr Justaminute 79,294
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 6 hr fitness-guru 64,584
More from around the web