Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Citizen Sound-Off Forum

Comments (Page 1,267)

Showing posts 25,321 - 25,340 of49,151
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Billybob

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

This is an interesting link on the habits of the 1%. You won't find any conservatives, what you will find are their puppet masters haunts and likes.

http://realestate.msn.com/secret-towns-of-the...
OMTE

Tifton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon.
The pigeon knocks over all the pieces, shits on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Post of the Day! LoL.
;))))

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

moronic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>listen, the thing that bothered me most was that "how" or whatever interrupted with a "don't feed the animal" post in the middle of our discussion- I felt directed at me. I know I sound like I may have a persecution complex or something, but the truth is that I have made some pretty bad comments, insults to a couple of other posters recently- usually in response to equally bad or just bad ones that I received. At any rate, I have resolved to stop this. For the time being, I think the best way to do this may be to cease or limit my communication with a couple of these posters- at least temporarily. How is the main one, hence my disappointment with your post/reply tonite. Go back and re-read, maybe you can see what I refer to. thanks
That post(er) was needling me(in jest) because I have posted to him/her to "not feed the animal" in regard to IO.
I can tell you are working on your comments. We're all on this forum to have fun, imo. We can talk smack, laugh and then move on. We just need to keep it clean.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

moronic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>syn, this whole discussion started because I asked someone to explain why/how they thought that Obama got 60% of the youth vote- you seemed to lay the blame/cause on/with college professors- I disagreed, back to square one!
I get that. My response was intended to add to the discussion. College professors, traditionally and statistically, are very liberal. They don't have the same restrictions in regard to sharing their "political and religious leanings" as elementary, middle and high school teachers do. After four years of liberal commentary being presented, the chances of those students being heavily influenced are great. Again, unless you've experienced it, you might not get what I am stating. As I posted previously, the young professors feel they have a captive audience and it is their job to mold those minds to their way of thinking. It's pretty silly, but looking back on it, it seemed like serious business then.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

moronic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>even now, no one has even addressed the second part of my suggestion, how much influence does the parents have on how a young person votes. In other what influence would Dave or Syn have over Dave jr. or Syn jr.? More or less than their college professors?
It depends. My parents had a major influence on me. I grew up in a conservative household. My brother is very conservative and his two kids are liberal, so there ya go. My other brother is conservative, too. Two of his kids are conservative and one is liberal.
moronic mutt

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it does have an impact. Those young people just spent 40% of their lives influenced by peers and instructors. How could this not form their opinions?
yeah, after thinking about it, I believe it does too. But how much and how compared to other influences I think varies depending on many other factors.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

moronic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that I am just wondering if a year or two at college would outweigh the years of influence that jr. would have gotten at home?
Possibly. Depends on societal influence, as well. Personally, I think peers have about as much influence as parents do especially if the parents are not "hands on".
OMTE

Tifton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I get that. My response was intended to add to the discussion. College professors, traditionally and statistically, are very liberal. They don't have the same restrictions in regard to sharing their "political and religious leanings" as elementary, middle and high school teachers do. After four years of liberal commentary being presented, the chances of those students being heavily influenced are great. Again, unless you've experienced it, you might not get what I am stating. As I posted previously, the young professors feel they have a captive audience and it is their job to mold those minds to their way of thinking. It's pretty silly, but looking back on it, it seemed like serious business then.
Didn't your mother teach not to feed stray mutts? Well case she didn't.... If you keep feeding that mutt you're talkin to, it will never leave. Ya know?*smilin*

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

moronic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>now it does seem that a national movement, like the anti-war of the sixties, would have more influence than either the college professors or the parents.
IMO, the national movement going on right now is liberal. In that respect, the professors would be reinforcing the national movement. See what I mean?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

moronic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>Hey syn, I just thought about something- if you are right, then it means that if you were x number of years younger, you would have voted for Obama. I can't wait to tell all your friends.
My first year out of college, I might have! As I previously posted, "Whew! Dodged THAT bullet." I wouldn't want to be carrying that burden right now.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

It's just how Democracy works...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/dk-production/images/...
moronic mutt

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, I understand and agree that does happen in some(maybe even many), but let me give you a personal example. I have a sister that is 18 mos. older than I am. We grew up in the household, had similar interests and in many cases, the same friends. she is a college graduate(UGA- go dawgs) but I am not. She is an independent and a conservative- I am.....well, I am not. I realize that you have to look at the broad picture but I just don't accept the notion that liberal college professors explain the disparity.
OMTE

Tifton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
So you like comics. Huh? Me too.
http://cstrips.bitstrips.com/ddc895352a287e81...
moronic mutt

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, the national movement going on right now is liberal. In that respect, the professors would be reinforcing the national movement. See what I mean?
what national movement- there is no way anything going on today even resembles the anti-war movement of the late 60's & early 70's .And you do that IT was liberal, right?
moronic mutt

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
My first year out of college, I might have! As I previously posted, "Whew! Dodged THAT bullet." I wouldn't want to be carrying that burden right now.
yeah, and you've probably still got the "Romney for President", bumper sticker on your car- must make you real proud, huh. LMAO
OMTE

Tifton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

moronic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>what national movement- there is no way anything going on today even resembles the anti-war movement of the late 60's & early 70's .And you do that IT was liberal, right?
Don't tell that to these guy and gals. They might punch you in the mouth. LoL. Just sayin, Go Truckers!!!!
http://my.telegraph.co.uk/cheechdog/cheech/15...
moronic mutt

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
But that was before alcohol and drugs fried your brain- I'm just kiddin' cuz!
moronic mutt

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Don't tell that to these guy and gals. They might punch you in the mouth. LoL. Just sayin, Go Truckers!!!!
http://my.telegraph.co.uk/cheechdog/cheech/15...
What? 200 truckers wired up on speed? that's a national movement, gimme a break!!!LOL

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
Simpleton!
Now

Mount Airy, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:

showing a sense of humor???

naw- cant be....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 25,321 - 25,340 of49,151
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••