Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Look! I SPECIFICALLY stated NOT HIGH SCHOOL. You didn't get that. Then, I said college aged kids can be and are influenced easily by their college profs/experiences and I should have included peers in that list. THAT is true. Does that mean they'll carry that the rest of their lives? NO. I certainly didn't. I carried it for about a year. This whole discussion is a bit odd, imo. Cool your jets, dude.
even now, no one has even addressed the second part of my suggestion, how much influence does the parents have on how a young person votes. In other what influence would Dave or Syn have over Dave jr. or Syn jr.? More or less than their college professors?
moronic mutt

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

moronic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>even now, no one has even addressed the second part of my suggestion, how much influence does the parents have on how a young person votes. In other what influence would Dave or Syn have over Dave jr. or Syn jr.? More or less than their college professors?
I guess that I am just wondering if a year or two at college would outweigh the years of influence that jr. would have gotten at home?
moronic mutt

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

moronic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that I am just wondering if a year or two at college would outweigh the years of influence that jr. would have gotten at home?
now it does seem that a national movement, like the anti-war of the sixties, would have more influence than either the college professors or the parents.
moronic mutt

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that. They could very well be influenced by a college professor, but hopefully by the time they are old enough to be in the real world awhile and they will tear up their little commie cards, grow up and take off those rose colored glasses. Many do but there are some people that are weak and weak minded and can't think for themselves. They are easily swayed for different reasons and are gullible. Cults are full of people such as this. They will still be held responsible for their actions. Look at how many people followed Hitler and Stalin. The world is full of fools.
agreed
Now

Mount Airy, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Cordele the Watermelon capital? I have a friend from Cordele. Haven't seen her in quite some time, though. I think I rememeber her telling me about the watermelons.

You are correct. Some of those ole ugly boys move to Cordele just to be near the watermelons........

They like laying down in the watermelon patch on a hot day.
Now

Mount Airy, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

"OIRA administrator Howard Shelanski told Congress last week that the shutdown would diminish the office’s working personnel from 40 to two.

“I will call back people as needed to meet court deadlines, but all of our rulemaking review will certainly stop during a period of shutdown,” he testified.

Defenders of the rules say that nothing less than the wellbeing of the American people is at stake if lawmakers are unable to end the budget impasse.

“Regulations are vital for everything from protecting the environment, to maintaining public health, to ensuring workplace safety,” Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.) said.“Anything that slows down the rulemaking process … is bad for American workers, consumers and families.”"

This alone might explain the downfall of Nations, in addition to taxes. Laying heavy burdens of rules and regulations on the people is the epitome of bad gubmint....and they really think they are doing some good!!

http://thehill.com/blogs/regwatch/administrat...
Now

Mount Airy, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

"NYT reporter: Obama admin “most closed, control-freak administration I’ve ever covered”"

Heck, most conservatives have known this from the get go.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/10/05/nyt-rep...

Now

Mount Airy, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

A little cellulose kinda takes away the impact.....
or as they say in the movies, "do anything to get noticed."

http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2013/10/6/480949...
Now

Mount Airy, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

A man of influence, a man of impact, a man of God...

"Rev. Billy Graham Prepares 'Perhaps … My Last Message'"

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Graham-evang...
moronic mutt

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
For God. For Country.......
Hey syn, I just thought about something- if you are right, then it means that if you were x number of years younger, you would have voted for Obama. I can't wait to tell all your friends.
Now

Mount Airy, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

"Last week, the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, or IPCC, reported it was 95 percent certain that climate change was the result of human activity, specifically the burning of fossil fuels that emit “greenhouse gases.”

“That’s the result that they get when you premeditate your science,” said Dr. Tim Ball, former professor of climatology at the University of Winnipeg.“When you set out to establish a certain scientific outcome and you program your computers to do that, you shouldn’t be surprised if that’s the result you get. The problem is what they’re getting out of their computers is not fitting with what’s actually happening. Of course, that’s been the problem with the IPCC all along.”

Ball told WND the deception of the IPCC and its allies can be seen in how the reports are released, with the policy statement drawing headlines while the scientific information comes later and is largely ignored.

“(The summary for policymakers) is a document written to scare to public and scare the politicians into providing more funding for their own research and their own political agenda,” he said.“The actual science report, which it supposedly is based on isn’t going to be released right away. They’ve always done it his way because the summary for policymakers completely disagrees with what the science report is saying. They know that the media and the public are not going to read the science report. And they also know that if any of them get into it, they won’t understand it anyway.”"

http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/climate-guru-puts-...
Now

Mount Airy, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Want to burn your house down to collect insurance and not get charged for being a firebug???

"Use Chinese surge protector, burn house down"

Maybe Obama is using a similar device on America...

http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/use-chinese-surge-...

Now

Mount Airy, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Watch this video and you will get an IQ to become an Obama fan....

http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/episode-5-1-superv...

Now

Mount Airy, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

I highly recommend this vacation for libroids, might give them a heart.....

"Slum tourism: Patronizing or social enlightenment?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19546792

Scott

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon.

The pigeon knocks over all the pieces, shits on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
just sayin

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

moronic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>I agree 100%- and whether they decide to vote as a democrat, republican, tea party or whatever is NOT caused by their high school or college experience.
I believe it does have an impact. Those young people just spent 40% of their lives influenced by peers and instructors. How could this not form their opinions?
just sayin

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon.
The pigeon knocks over all the pieces, shits on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
That is spot on.
Doo

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

All you Obama haters....bad news for you. Today on the News the Republicans are getting most of the blame for shutting down the Government. The longer Obama don't deal the better it looks for him and the Affordable Health Care Law to get funded. Cruz wasted his time and so did the Koch Bros Tea Party poops.
OMTE

Tifton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Doo wrote:
All you Obama haters....bad news for you. Today on the News the Republicans are getting most of the blame for shutting down the Government. The longer Obama don't deal the better it looks for him and the Affordable Health Care Law to get funded. Cruz wasted his time and so did the Koch Bros Tea Party poops.
You must watch MSNBC while smoking your crack. Huh?
:(
Like Boehner said, this isn't "some damn game". That moron Obama is playing with fire and it's going to blowup in his face.
The American people are not stupid, like you. They know that crook Obama wants to destroy this country. Why won't the stupid mutt Obama, make everybody play by the same rules of Obamacare? I'll tell you. Because they would protest in the streets like the did in Ohio. The only reason they stopped protesting is Obama broke the law and gave exemptions. Just as he did for Congress. If he were to not exempt Congress and his beloved union buddies.... They would turn on that worthless mutt in a heartbeat. Republicans stand your ground, don't get handled and don't let that stupid mutt destroy this country! Go to freebeacon dot com.
Impeach Obama Today!
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

General Robert E Lee wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Obamacare was passed through budget reconciliation. So when they felt it was convenient for them to inject Obamacare into the budget process; namely, for the purpose of avoiding the 60-vote threshold, they were more than happy to do so. Well, what’s good for the goose is good for the gander. Now that we have approached the implementation date, which coincides with the budget deadline, it’s time to use that same process to uproot a law that is unworkable and unpopular.
Sorry General but you can't re-write history.

The ACA was passed thru normal methods,
it was AMENDED thru reconciliation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••