Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#25384 Sep 24, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are either missing or ignoring is that the Obamacare supporters in Congress claimed that they and their staffers would -for a change - be subject to the same laws they are imposing upon the American public. Therefore, their participation in the Federal Healthcare Program would end and they would all go on the exchanges - just like every American who does not have employer offered healthcare.
Obamacare offers tax credits (subsidies) to all those who income is up to 400% of the Federal Poverty Level - for 2013 those figures are $45,960 for individuals and $94,200 for a family of four.
But that isn't good enough for Congress and their staffers - they will receive the subsidies in the exemption passed REGARDLESS of their income. That could mean they will receive these subsidies IN ADDITION TO the federal govt subsidies open to everyone if they happen to be among the few staffers whose salaries fall below the 400% level. Do you really think that your Congressman - who has an average salary of $174,000 - needs that subsidy that for everyone else in this country is unavailable if your salary is over $45,960 for an individual?
Bottomline - if you don't like the term "exemption", fine (it is accurate, but for the sake of argument we'll not use it)- but Congress and their staffers are still receiving a benefit that no one else in this country receives. So once again, they are not subject to the same rules they impost on the rest of us.
I tried my best to break it down to first grade level comprehension and she STILL didn't get it. I don't think she'll be able to understand your higher level thinking skills explanation. Just thought I'd warn ya.:)))

Location hidden

#25385 Sep 24, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
When an employer chooses to offer health care benefits to their employees, the cost comes out of the business' revenues. When Congress passes legislation that allows they and their staffers to receive a subsidy available to no other American, they certainly don't pay for it - we the TAXPAYERS do. It is still hypocrisy that we get to pay for.
I asked her whom she thought was going to pay for their financial "help" and, of course, I received no reply. She is too busy playing with cow pies or some such.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#25386 Sep 24, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Course under different circumstances you'd be arguing that Congress Critters need to attract the best and brightest to their staff, so of course their salaries and benefits should be competitive with the private sector.
Once again, nothing more than the Ring Wing Whacko Outrage de Jour.
That isn't even a good try at deflecting the argument. How about addressing the point that Congress and their staffers are receiving a taxpayer paid benefit available to no other American.

Location hidden

#25387 Sep 24, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm......what?
I had the same reaction.

Location hidden

#25388 Sep 24, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried my best to break it down to first grade level comprehension and she STILL didn't get it. I don't think she'll be able to understand your higher level thinking skills explanation. Just thought I'd warn ya.:)))
And there I was thinking that her invoking of stars and unicorns was so profound........ ;)
Now

Jefferson, GA

#25389 Sep 24, 2013
"Need to attract the best and brightest."

Yep, those best and brightest dummies are one of the reasons America is in a s**t can today.
Course the beat an brightest are in the conservative party except for the rinos, and they fall under demos who tell lies.
Now

Jefferson, GA

#25390 Sep 24, 2013
Oh my thinks it's ok for staffers and elected jerks to get 2 subsidies while the rest of America only gets one.
Typical libroid, ever hopeful of being elected Bean Counter.
Now

Jefferson, GA

#25392 Sep 24, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>

Ask her what 2 plus 2 is.

Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#25393 Sep 24, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Did you even read what you posted? Those whose private sector employers provide healthcare WILL NOT be on the exchanges. The exchanges are ONLY for those with no insurance or those who self insure. The whole point of Grassley's amendment was to force Congress and their staffers on the exchanges and out of the FEHBP and thus have to deal with the exchanges just like all the other Americans who no longer have employer sponsored health care. As a consequence of the "exemption", Congress and their staffers will receive a subsidy (paid for by taxpayers) regardless of their income - unlike every other American on the exchanges.

Do you understand now? If you just keep reposting the same thing, we will realize you don't.
Sure I get it, but do you...

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/08/...
...So Grassley’s amendment created a situation for government workers that Republicans claimed, falsely, the law would create for everybody else: forcing them off their employer insurance and on to the exchanges. Grassley’s amendment didn’t even attempt to design a coherent way of changing health-care worker benefits, because, again, it wasn’t an attempt to reform health care for Congress and its staff — it was an attempt to furnish a talking point for Rush Limbaugh and Fox News. It yanked away the subsidized health insurance Congress and its staff get, essentially imposing a massive pay cut on those workers.

http://blogs.rollcall.com/218/some-gop-member...
House Republicans still don’t like Obamacare — or Obama, for that matter. But at least some of them conceded Friday the president did the right thing in making sure they and their staff wouldn’t lose their health care subsidies under the law.

“There’s no question it was the right thing to do,” said freshmen Rep. Chris Stewart, R-Utah.“Not just for me, but for my staff. Heavens, I have staff who don’t make much money. This would be a really big bite for them.”

Another Republican congressman described the White House’s intervention as a “relief,” as one aide in his office made around just $30,000 a year and had a child with many health issues. The member wanted to remain anonymous in sensitivity to his staffer’s privacy.

...There had been considerable anxiety that the provision of the law forcing members and staff into the exchanges did not provide for the government to continue subsidizing their insurance — potentially costing each of them thousands of dollars out of pocket a year at a time when paychecks in many House members’ offices have been frozen or cut in the past three and a half years because of budget cuts.

Members of both parties had been privately clamoring for the White House to resolve the situation — and passing a legislative fix would have been a dicey proposition given the partisan dispute over the law.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
...The Obama administration's compromise is to permit the federal government to contribute toward employee insurance on the exchanges, but to render those employees ineligible for any tax credits or subsidies.

"Members of Congress and their staff must go into the exchange," said an administration official. "No ands, ifs, or buts. They will not be eligible in any way for subsidies or tax credits. But they don't lose their current employer contribution."

Location hidden

#25394 Sep 24, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
...So Grassley’s amendment created a situation for government workers that Republicans claimed, falsely, the law would create for everybody else: forcing them off their employer insurance and on to the exchanges. Grassley’s amendment didn’t even attempt to design a coherent way of changing health-care worker benefits, because, again, it wasn’t an attempt to reform health care for Congress and its staff — it was an attempt to furnish a talking point for Rush Limbaugh and Fox News. It yanked away the subsidized health insurance Congress and its staff get, essentially imposing a massive pay cut on those workers.
House Republicans still don’t like Obamacare — or Obama, for that matter. But at least some of them conceded Friday the president did the right thing in making sure they and their staff wouldn’t lose their health care subsidies under the law.
“There’s no question it was the right thing to do,” said freshmen Rep. Chris Stewart, R-Utah.“Not just for me, but for my staff. Heavens, I have staff who don’t make much money. This would be a really big bite for them.”
Another Republican congressman described the White House’s intervention as a “relief,” as one aide in his office made around just $30,000 a year and had a child with many health issues. The member wanted to remain anonymous in sensitivity to his staffer’s privacy.
...There had been considerable anxiety that the provision of the law forcing members and staff into the exchanges did not provide for the government to continue subsidizing their insurance — potentially costing each of them thousands of dollars out of pocket a year at a time when paychecks in many House members’ offices have been frozen or cut in the past three and a half years because of budget cuts.
Members of both parties had been privately clamoring for the White House to resolve the situation — and passing a legislative fix would have been a dicey proposition given the partisan dispute over the law.
...The Obama administration's compromise is to permit the federal government to contribute toward employee insurance on the exchanges, but to render those employees ineligible for any tax credits or subsidies.
"Members of Congress and their staff must go into the exchange," said an administration official. "No ands, ifs, or buts. They will not be eligible in any way for subsidies or tax credits. But they don't lose their current employer contribution."
Since you are okay with using left wing sources to further your agenda, I am going to guess that it's okay if the conservatives use right wing sources to refute your claims. Right? I'm sure I don't need to repeat WHY I am checking with you.

How many Democrats are voting AGAINST the subsidies for Congress? You were kind enough to point out that some Republicans are supporting it. How many Dems are against it thereby suggesting that it's unfair.?

Location hidden

#25395 Sep 24, 2013
Pelosi strikes AGAIN. This woman is so out of touch with reality, she should join the Topix liberals in the looney bin. I cannot BELIEVE this idiot.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/09/23/pelosi...
silver foxx

Moultrie, GA

#25396 Sep 24, 2013
Poor Obama, the first president to have a Secretary of Explaining Stuff, Bill Clinton. How embarassing for the country, especially the koolaid drunk liberals.

Location hidden

#25397 Sep 24, 2013
silver foxx wrote:
Poor Obama, the first president to have a Secretary of Explaining Stuff, Bill Clinton. How embarassing for the country, especially the koolaid drunk liberals.
Hilarious! "Secretary of Explaining Stuff". LOVE it. I simply MUST remember that one.

Location hidden

#25398 Sep 24, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
And, once again, absolutely none of this addresses the fact that Congress and their staffers are receiving a benefit no other American does. All Americans on the exchanges must pay their insurance premiums. ONLY those who fall under 400% of the Federal Poverty Level are eligible for any tax credits/subsidies. The MAXIMUM income eligible for ANY form of subsidy is $45,960 for an individual or $94,200 for a family of four.
Now along comes Congress and their staff, they do not have to worry about the tax credit/subsidy or whether or not they make too much money to be eligible. Thanks to the exemption they will get their old subsidies (adjusted for inflation of course) NO MATTER WHAT their income. Get it - they don't have to qualify for a subsidy, they get it automatically. Whether or not they are the lowly staffer that makes $30,000 or the Chief of Staff who (in 2009) made $120,000.

No matter how many posts you cut and paste (repeatedly)- it will not change the fact that they are getting a benefit no other American can get - unless of course they go to work for Congress.

Unless you have something new, please don't bother.
silver foxx

Moultrie, GA

#25399 Sep 24, 2013
Synergy wrote:
Pelosi strikes AGAIN. This woman is so out of touch with reality, she should join the Topix liberals in the looney bin. I cannot BELIEVE this idiot.
Wow! Can you actually believe Obama's administration allows her to speak at all??? In public?? Dear me, they need to lock her away & throw away the key. Says so much about the party who elected her.

Location hidden

#25400 Sep 24, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
(DELETED FOR IRRELEVANCY)
And, once again, absolutely none of this addresses the fact that Congress and their staffers are receiving a benefit no other American does. All Americans on the exchanges must pay their insurance premiums. ONLY those who fall under 400% of the Federal Poverty Level are eligible for any tax credits/subsidies. The MAXIMUM income eligible for ANY form of subsidy is $45,960 for an individual or $94,200 for a family of four.
Now along comes Congress and their staff, they do not have to worry about the tax credit/subsidy or whether or not they make too much money to be eligible. Thanks to the exemption they will get their old subsidies (adjusted for inflation of course) NO MATTER WHAT their income. Get it - they don't have to qualify for a subsidy, nor are they limited to the amount of the subsidy as authorized by the ACA formula, they get it automatically. Whether or not they are the lowly staffer that makes $30,000 or the Chiefs of Staff who (in 2009) made $120,000.

No matter how many posts you cut and paste (repeatedly)- it will not change the fact that they are getting a benefit no other American can get - unless of course they go to work for Congress.

Unless you have something new, please don't bother.

Location hidden

#25401 Sep 24, 2013
Synergy wrote:
That was stunning. Could all that botox have frozen her brain?

Pelosi highlights:

"We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it.

"Every week we don't pass a stimulus package, 500 million Americans lose their jobs."
Wow, and here I thought the total US population was only around 315 million.

"Unemployment benefits are creating jobs faster than practically any other program."
Uhhhhh, say that again, please?

Location hidden

#25402 Sep 24, 2013
Sorry, for the duplicate post #25,400- thought it didn't post.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#25403 Sep 24, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>Right Wing Whackos debunked again,
read it and weep....

Right-Wing Media's Latest Zombie Myth: Congress Is "Exempt" From Obamacare
Research September 17, 2013
http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/09/17/r...
Damn those pesky facts.

We are Right Wingers and we lie with impunity - we don't care what stinkin facts prove we're lying.

Congress is not exempt" from ObamaCare, and there is no "Special Subsidy" for Congressional staffers, but by God, it sounds good, so we'll just keep lying.

Besides, anybody stupid enough to believe us Right Wing Wackos deserves to be deceived.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#25404 Sep 24, 2013
Now wrote:
Oh my thinks it's ok for staffers and elected jerks to get 2 subsidies while the rest of America only gets one.
Typical libroid, ever hopeful of being elected Bean Counter.
Waaaaahhhhh !

Wasaaahhhhh !

I'm a Right Wing Wacko Terrorist.

Those damn Democrats won the election and now they want us freeloading deadbeats to pay our own medical bills. We Right Wing Wacko Terrorists never pay our own way - we have always been freeloading deadbeats and we'll stay that wAy forever.

If'n this damn democratically elected government won't back down and give us minority deadbeats our way - we gonna blow up America's economy and destroy our children's future.

Thanks Al Queda - we Right Wing Wacko Terrorists are happy as hell you showed us how to terrorize the people to get our way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 13 min Dalai Lama 96,705
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) 27 min amwaysux 30
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 36 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 252,885
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Norton 107,464
Election Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr positronium 6,485
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) Nov 28 Chris532008 4,833
Election IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Nov 24 and keep going 1,311
More from around the web