Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#25333 Sep 24, 2013
silver foxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Truckloads of Americans from the North migrate south for the winter, too. And guess what??? They stay in the US for healthcare. I speak the truth, wish I could post the photos of my friends so very proudly pledging allegiance to the US flag, but you'd say I photoshopped it. LOL. You people who so swiftly call others liars are sad. Breaking news.... the liars are leading the country.
And those who continually cite that "US healthcare isn't even in the top 20" always seem to fail to mention that nationalization/socialization of the various nations' healthcare systems is one of the main criteria in determining how "good" each individual nation's system is considered. If the system isn't nationalized/socialized that alone drops its ranking dramatically. Makes the use of those "surveys" both self-serving and disingenuous.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#25334 Sep 24, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
How about answering the following question. What does it tell you about Obamacare knowing that Congress demanded that they and their staffs be exempted? Of course, Obama will NEVER have to worry about having to deal with his crappy law. Seriously, what do you think about that?
What it tells me is that Right Wing Whackos believe ever unsubstantiated rumor that comes down the pipe, read it and weep....

Congress and an Exemption from ‘Obamacare’?
Posted on May 3, 2013 | Updated on Aug. 7, 2013
http://www.factcheck.org/2013/05/congress-and...

...But there is no bill in Congress calling for an exemption from the health care law. In fact, members of Congress and their staffs face additional requirements that most Americans don’t have to meet.

Under the health care law, their insurance coverage will have to switch from the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, the group of private insurance plans that cover 8 million federal employees and retirees, to the exchanges created by the law.

...So, why is the false “exempt” claim making the Facebook rounds? There is reportedly concern on Capitol Hill that the Office of Personnel Management, which administers the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, won’t be able to smoothly transition members and their staffs into an exchange. The concern, as a Roll Call story explained, was that the government wouldn’t be able to make contributions toward the federal employees’ premiums, at least at the beginning of 2014. That would mean employees would pick up the whole tab for their insurance policies. Right now, the government pays 72 percent of premiums on average.

The “exempt” claims were sparked by a Politico report on April 24 that said secret talks were being held by lawmakers to change the requirement to get insurance through the exchanges because of this concern. The headline on the story said “Lawmakers, aides may get Obamacare exemption.”

...We contacted the Office of Personnel Management and received this statement from an administration official:“Members of Congress will not receive anything that is not available to the public. The law doesn’t allow them to get insurance from FEHB, they are going to get insurance on the market place, just like uninsured individuals and small businesses.”

We can’t say what did or didn’t happen in any secret meetings. But we can say that no bill has been introduced to exempt members of Congress from the Affordable Care Act — and they were never exempt in the first place. Even if, hypothetically, Congress were to nullify the provision requiring members and their staffs to get insurance on the exchanges, it still wouldn’t amount to an exemption from the law. Lawmakers and staffers would be subject to the mandate to have health insurance or pay a fine, just as everyone else is.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#25335 Sep 24, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me understand correctly; you are quoting a poll...
The poll is a measure of those who were polled, it does tend to confirm that Right Wing Whackos represent a teeny-tiny minority of the population.

Opinion On ACA Continues To Tilt Negative, But Majority Disapproves Of Defunding

Public opinion on the ACA as a whole continues to tilt negative this month, with 37 percent saying they have a favorable view of the law and 42 percent expressing an unfavorable view, shares that have held relatively steady since February of this year.

Still, a majority of Americans (57 percent) say they disapprove of the idea of cutting off funding as a way to stop the law from being implemented, a finding that has been consistent in Kaiser Health Tracking Polls since January 2011. Republicans and those with an unfavorable view of the law overall are more likely to approve of attempts to defund the ACA, but even among these groups, about a third (34 percent and 33 percent, respectively) say they disapprove.

The most commonly chosen reason for opposition to defunding the ACA is that “using the budget process to stop a law is not the way our government should work,”(named as a major reason by 69 percent in this group), followed by a belief that “without funding the law will be crippled and won’t work as planned,”(56 percent) and feeling that the law will be “a good thing for the country”(49 percent). Fewer (35 percent) say their main reason for opposing defunding efforts is that they’ve “heard enough about the health care law and it’s time to move on to something else.”
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#25336 Sep 24, 2013
hate route wrote:
<quoted text>
You will also notice in that poll,or maybe another one with similar numbers in the favor and oppose columns, that most are not in favor of killing the law, but making it better. Most people who aren't on Medicare realize something has to be fixed, and this law can be fixed.

You people fear or hate things you don't understand, Muslims, Gays, Catholic's and the health care law to name a few of a very
long list.

Learning about those things might be easier on your heart than the pure hate route.
Well stated.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#25337 Sep 24, 2013
silver foxx wrote:
<quoted text>
He & the other one who constantly screams, "Liat-Liar" are so quick to call posters they disagree with, liars. Simply amazing!. We conservatives may stress doubt in much of what some liberals post. But, very rarely scream they're "liars." I guess it's a liberal thang. LOL.
Obviously you're new in town,
How Now Brown Cow holds the record.
silver foxx

Rebecca, GA

#25338 Sep 24, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you're new in town,
How Now Brown Cow holds the record.
Wow, you won't stop. Nope, it's you. IO, too.
Now

Baldwin, GA

#25339 Sep 24, 2013
@ Oh my.
You are quoting a statement by Kiaser that has no documentation to back up the statement.
Typical libroid post. Believe in anything that supports their post.
for you

Dawsonville, GA

#25341 Sep 24, 2013
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not even close to a millionaire and I give my time and treasure where and when I can, the Good Lord willing. I remember the difficulty of finding any work at all in the late seventies and was pleased when I finally found some. It was a different time, there were poor folks then too, and we know that there always will be. I'm grateful for what I have and don't worry about those that have more. I've not met many happy rich folks.
Darn, that's strange. All the people I know had no problem getting work in the seventies. But they were honest, reliable and trained to DO something. You are so out of touch, I feel sorry for you.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#25342 Sep 24, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile, using widely accepted polling methods...
http://kff.org/health-reform/poll-finding/kai...
While negative views on the law continue to outpace positive ones this month, a majority of the public says they disapprove of cutting off funding as a way to stop the law’s implementation. The most commonly chosen reason for opposition to defunding the ACA is that “using the budget process to stop a law is not the way our government should work,” followed by a belief that “without funding the law will be crippled and won’t work as planned,” and feeling that the law will be “a good thing for the country.”
I guess you aren't going to answer my question. This should shine some light on what is happening with this administration. It's an opinion piece, but the truth is still there. What do you think about this? It's amazing that people like you aren't in favor of postponing this law until we understand what all is involved. Of course, it's being ramrodded by your dictator, der Obama.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...

Location hidden

#25343 Sep 24, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
What it tells me is that Right Wing Whackos believe ever unsubstantiated rumor that comes down the pipe, read it and weep....
...But there is no bill in Congress calling for an exemption from the health care law. In fact, members of Congress and their staffs face additional requirements that most Americans don’t have to meet.
Under the health care law, their insurance coverage will have to switch from the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, the group of private insurance plans that cover 8 million federal employees and retirees, to the exchanges created by the law.
...So, why is the false “exempt” claim making the Facebook rounds? There is reportedly concern on Capitol Hill that the Office of Personnel Management, which administers the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, won’t be able to smoothly transition members and their staffs into an exchange. The concern, as a Roll Call story explained, was that the government wouldn’t be able to make contributions toward the federal employees’ premiums, at least at the beginning of 2014. That would mean employees would pick up the whole tab for their insurance policies. Right now, the government pays 72 percent of premiums on average.
The “exempt” claims were sparked by a Politico report on April 24 that said secret talks were being held by lawmakers to change the requirement to get insurance through the exchanges because of this concern. The headline on the story said “Lawmakers, aides may get Obamacare exemption.”
...We contacted the Office of Personnel Management and received this statement from an administration official:“Members of Congress will not receive anything that is not available to the public. The law doesn’t allow them to get insurance from FEHB, they are going to get insurance on the market place, just like uninsured individuals and small businesses.”
We can’t say what did or didn’t happen in any secret meetings. But we can say that no bill has been introduced to exempt members of Congress from the Affordable Care Act — and they were never exempt in the first place. Even if, hypothetically, Congress were to nullify the provision requiring members and their staffs to get insurance on the exchanges, it still wouldn’t amount to an exemption from the law. Lawmakers and staffers would be subject to the mandate to have health insurance or pay a fine, just as everyone else is.
That has changed. Just a few minutes ago I posted an article to you from Real Clear Politics.

Location hidden

#25344 Sep 24, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
lol For the sake of argument, if it were true that congress is exempt. how would you feel about that? What would that tell you about Obamacare?

Location hidden

#25345 Sep 24, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
"Congress also QUIETLY voted to make itself, lawmakers and staff, exempt — although members routinely lie to the American people that they’re not.(Fact: All will get a “special subsidy” worth $11,000 per family, which, any way you slice it, makes them exempt.)"

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#25346 Sep 24, 2013
Now wrote:
@ Oh my.
You are quoting a statement by Kiaser that has no documentation to back up the statement.
Typical libroid post. Believe in anything that supports their post.
Here is the link to the Findings (source of post)...

Kaiser Health Tracking Poll: August 2013

Here is the link to the Methodlogy (see tab on above link), many would consider this to be "documentation to back up the statement (Findings)", obviously Right Wing Whackos will have a problem understanding this.

http://kff.org/report-section/august-2013-tra...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#25347 Sep 24, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Congress also QUIETLY voted to make itself, lawmakers and staff, exempt — although members routinely lie to the American people that they’re not.(Fact: All will get a “special subsidy” worth $11,000 per family, which, any way you slice it, makes them exempt.)"
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/...
Right Wing Whackos debunked again,
read it and weep....

Right-Wing Media's Latest Zombie Myth: Congress Is "Exempt" From Obamacare
Research September 17, 2013
http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/09/17/r...
BS IS Called

Dallas, TX

#25348 Sep 24, 2013

Location hidden

#25349 Sep 24, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
read it and weep....
What do YOU call the $11,000 subsidy? YOU liberal lunatics must have another name for it. Something der Obama has told you to use.
Weren't YOU the one who criticized someone who used the WALL STREET JOURNAL as a source the other day and YOU post MEDIAMATTERS.ORG as YOUR source? That's like comparing Apples(WSJ) to Ugly fruit(MM).

I'm just pointing out that you fit the term: Pot Kettle Black.(Of course, we ALL know about the liberal lunatic double standard.)

Location hidden

#25350 Sep 24, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
read it and weep....
How about answering the question I asked you in post #25344. Thanks. I'll wait..........
Now

Toccoa, GA

#25351 Sep 24, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the link to the Findings (source of post)...
Kaiser Health Tracking Poll: August 2013
Here is the link to the Methodlogy (see tab on above link), many would consider this to be "documentation to back up the statement (Findings)", obviously Right Wing Whackos will have a problem understanding this.
http://kff.org/report-section/august-2013-tra...

Well now, we conservatives all know how the socialists labroid perverts like to pervert the numbers, nothing new here…, only that socialists libroid perverts will accept anything to support their losing cause.....

The numbers are slanted in favor of the democrats, as most all polls are. A democrat percentage of 33.3% is a hellva lot more weighted average than a percentage of 21.3% for the repub weighted average, bascially 64% more weighted in favor of the demos, which accounts for the distortion in the Kaiser poll.

And if the independents are split evenly between the demos and the rebubs, there is a 75% weighted average in favor of the demo opinions.
The numbers:::weighted average

Democrat = 33.3%
Independent = 29.7%
Republican = 21.3%

Splitting the independents equally among the demos and the repubs…

Democrat = 33.3%+ 14.85%= 48.15%
Independent = 29.7%/ 2 = 14.85%
Republican = 21.3%+ 14.85%= 36.15%

The poll is invalid based on hyperbole by Kaiser to reflect an inaccurate opinion.
The links themselves show very low information among the young voters, which are most likely included in the poll. Stupid is as stupid does.,
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#25352 Sep 24, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
lol For the sake of argument, if it were true that congress is exempt. how would you feel about that? What would that tell you about Obamacare?
But it's not true,

For the sake of argument,
if How Now Brown Cows could fly would we need to carry umbrellas all the time because of the flying cow pies?
Now

Toccoa, GA

#25353 Sep 24, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
What do YOU call the $11,000 subsidy? YOU liberal lunatics must have another name for it. Something der Obama has told you to use.
Weren't YOU the one who criticized someone who used the WALL STREET JOURNAL as a source the other day and YOU post MEDIAMATTERS.ORG as YOUR source? That's like comparing Apples(WSJ) to Ugly fruit(MM).
I'm just pointing out that you fit the term: Pot Kettle Black.(Of course, we ALL know about the liberal lunatic double standard.)

He calls it "a ghost number."
Numbers such as facts dont exist in the mind of socialist libroids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 44 min Bystander 81,572
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 2 hr Mississippi gurl 22,621
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr g wallace 193,743
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 3 hr WarForOil 83,223
Election Who's got your vote in the New Mexico State Com... (Nov '14) 9 hr These 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 9 hr ST LOUIS IS INSANE 102,245
Election California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 17 hr Tiger 16,025
More from around the web