Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#24553 Sep 14, 2013
a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
First thing is the statement some jackass made saying you didn't build that, that being his business. Without government, state and federal we would NOT have a transportation system, power grids and water systems. No affordable way to manufacture goods or any way to get goods shipped in a timely and affordable manner.....
I have my own business, have for many, many years. I sold everything I owned and then borrowed $786,000. Before I got started I bought a new mattress just in case I lost everything I would have a decent bed. Now its making money, I don't need anything from anyone. I still work 7 days a week at least 10 months a year.....
(deletions made for space)
What do you really think the results would be if small, medium and large business we left to do as they please???? How much HARM to the citizens of this country do you think it would take for you to stop buying the "poor us" from the business community. Do I think they could do more business and make a LOT more money if left to do as they please, sure do. Do I think it would help our citizens or our country heck no. They would take advantage of people who are easily taken advantage of, plus a large percentage of smart folks with little common sense. One of the necessary things government does that wouldn't get done otherwise is to control what people do when it effects other people. A great example of a business that needs MORE regulation is all the car title pawns. I think we have 3 or 4 in Hiawassee. They will loan you some money on your only form of transportation to work at a ridiculously high rate. Its not against the law, if the bank did what they do it would be, and it should be. As long as they stay within the law the have every right to do what they do as any business has the right to do anything within the law. We have a lot of greedy people in this world, some outright dishonest if money is involved, take away the rules and see what you get. Careful what you wish for, you just might get it.
You don't have a clue what you are talking about, not a clue.
And those interstate roads, power grids and water supplies are all part of the natural functions of a government, along with national defense. Do you hear anyone griping about paying taxes to fund those responsibilities of the government, I don't. It is when the government comes in to micromanage things it knows nothing about that we start getting into trouble. And we have seen just how well the government does with its social "welfare" policies. Do you hear anyone complaining about paying taxes to support those who are truly needy - nope. But we have seen $15 trillion spent over the last 40 years and what is the result - a poverty rate that hasn't budged, a huge bureaucracy that wastes an enormous amount of that same money and a growing number of people growing increasingly dependent on the government.

So how many people have you cheated in your business? What kind of faulty products do you supply or what kind of subpar service do you perform? Or should I ask, what kind of trickery and deceit would you practice if not for the government keeping you honest? That is the brush you are painting business owners with, one can only assume you are projecting your own desires on others. Well, you may be that kind of low life - I'm only making the logical conclusions based on your post - but I would counter that most business people are honest hardworking people who simply want to offer a good product or a good service for a reasonable price while they hope to succeed and grow and employ other people. Are there some unethical people in business, duh, just like there are in every facet of the population, I simply believe they are far outnumbered by the good and ethical people in the population. I would be more than happy to give you that same benefit of the doubt, too bad you aren't willing to offer that same benefit to others.
sorry

Dawsonville, GA

#24554 Sep 14, 2013
in the water wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they put stupid pills in the water in the northern part of the state? You can't be that stupid on your own.
You surely have no clue what you are saying, doing, have done or what you will never do. You are what we call in the northern part of the state a dumb a$$, sorry.
ignorance

Dawsonville, GA

#24555 Sep 14, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And those interstate roads, power grids and water supplies are all part of the natural functions of a government, along with national defense. Do you hear anyone griping about paying taxes to fund those responsibilities of the government, I don't. It is when the government comes in to micromanage things it knows nothing about that we start getting into trouble. And we have seen just how well the government does with its social "welfare" policies. Do you hear anyone complaining about paying taxes to support those who are truly needy - nope. But we have seen $15 trillion spent over the last 40 years and what is the result - a poverty rate that hasn't budged, a huge bureaucracy that wastes an enormous amount of that same money and a growing number of people growing increasingly dependent on the government.

So how many people have you cheated in your business? What kind of faulty products do you supply or what kind of subpar service do you perform? Or should I ask, what kind of trickery and deceit would you practice if not for the government keeping you honest? That is the brush you are painting business owners with, one can only assume you are projecting your own desires on others. Well, you may be that kind of low life - I'm only making the logical conclusions based on your post - but I would counter that most business people are honest hardworking people who simply want to offer a good product or a good service for a reasonable price while they hope to succeed and grow and employ other people. Are there some unethical people in business, duh, just like there are in every facet of the population, I simply believe they are far outnumbered by the good and ethical people in the population. I would be more than happy to give you that same benefit of the doubt, too bad you aren't willing to offer that same benefit to others.
You are what people I know call a dumb A$$, sorry but the truth hurts. Keep posting your inane drivel to prove my statement. If your man Bush had stayed in the bars and kept trying to run a baseball team instead of becoming President either invading or pissing off the world, we would not be having this conversation. I for sure wouldn't waste my time doing so. I just can't help it, class superiority and ignorance abound in this state and it makes me sick. Its like the kettle constantly calling the pot black. Go down to the bank and cash your SSI check, then send the bill for your boob job to Medicare. Then you should call all the people Bush either put out of work, out of a place to live or can only find a job working for McDonalds $8.50 per hour and apologize for your ignorance.
in the water

Alpharetta, GA

#24557 Sep 14, 2013
sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
You surely have no clue what you are saying, doing, have done or what you will never do. You are what we call in the northern part of the state a dumb a$$, sorry.
Just call them as I see them. You are one stupid person.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#24558 Sep 14, 2013
ignorance wrote:
<quoted text>
You are what people I know call a dumb A$$, sorry but the truth hurts. Keep posting your inane drivel to prove my statement. If your man Bush had stayed in the bars and kept trying to run a baseball team instead of becoming President either invading or pissing off the world, we would not be having this conversation. I for sure wouldn't waste my time doing so. I just can't help it, class superiority and ignorance abound in this state and it makes me sick. Its like the kettle constantly calling the pot black. Go down to the bank and cash your SSI check, then send the bill for your boob job to Medicare. Then you should call all the people Bush either put out of work, out of a place to live or can only find a job working for McDonalds $8.50 per hour and apologize for your ignorance.
So much ignorance in one paragraph.
OMTE

Edison, GA

#24559 Sep 14, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
So much ignorance in one paragraph.
I think you both are equally at fault, for not wanting to point your chosen party's crimes against this country and humanity for what they are, Crimes. Egyptian's constitution was done away with, by the muslim brotherhood, and yet, they still had the will to stand up to tyranny. I'm not so sure that we, as divided as we are, will have the unity or will, to do the same. The Eygptian people are lookin pretty exceptional to me. We as Americans all have our own agenda, with no regards to, actually what's best for this country.(IMO) At the same time you both right, in a way.(IMO) You're both ignorant to the fact that this is what the "haves" want the "have nots" to do. Which is to us to argue over petty issues that has been debated over for centuries. Like, race, religion, queers, and abortion. These are issues that the rich doesn't care about and are entertained by the fact that the rest of us(47%)do. You both focus entirely to much on race.(IMO)

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#24560 Sep 14, 2013
please wrote:
<quoted text>
11,561 rants and you still won't or can't answer simple questions.
1. In your rant against Democratic Socialist, I ask you to explain your disagreement with the stated goal of the organization which I gave you from their web site. "Democratic socialists believe that both the economy and society should be run democratically—to meet public needs, not to make profits for a few."
( the question for you to answer ) What in your mind IS THE PROBLEM WITH THAT GOAL???????
2. In one of your mindless rants you stated that the decline of the middle class is Obamas fault.
( the question for you to answer )
HOW CAN THE DECLINE OF THE MIDDLE CLASS that has been going on in this country under many
Stalking you, I get a kick out of your inability to answer simple questions. You can post your OPINIONS, rant and rave with the best. You ignore history and how we got to where we are. But when you are ask simple questions about statements you have made, we just get more rants and your stock answer, everything is Obamas fault. That's just childish, immature and far from the truth. Are you by chance a politician, that would make a world of sense. Show me I am wrong, please.
1. I see you have changed your name for the upteenth time. I guess it's all the voices in your head.
Too bad you don't like my posts. An INTELLIGENT person would just skip over them.
Your paragraph about Democrat Socialism was in a post to someone else, I think. I'll tell you what I think about it anyway. I most assuredly DO NOT agree with sharing the wealth with n'er do wells. Look around yourself. Look at the people whom are gaming the system. It disgusts me. I don't have a problem with people distinguishing themselves by working hard, increasing their education, setting goals and meeting them AND being rewarded for that work. I'd venture to say that if YOU were amongst that number, you might feel a little differently about the wealthy. As far as the government being responsible for meeting my needs? NO THANKS! That means I would be relinquishing my life, in general, and ALL my decisions, specifically, to an organization that has failed at running every program it has directed. If you are in favor of that, good luck. You must not have much confidence in your ability to make your own decisions. I guess YOU think the government does a stellar job, huh? That's interesting considering your comments about congress.
I would like for you to show me where in ANY POST I've made where I have blamed Obama for all that is going on now. Go ahead. I'll wait. Prove it. Where have I blamed Obama for the disappearance of the middle class? Again, I'll wait, but to say that he hasn't had a hand in it is completely WRONG. Just as you say I can't blame Obama for the destruction of the middle class(which I didn't, but your comprehension is sorely lacking), how can you NOT include HIS administration in furthering the destruction? You told me to leave his name out, so one would HAVE to conclude that you don't truly think he has added to the problem. Again, please cut and paste specific paragraphs(sentences?) where I have stated that Obama is totally to blame for what is happening to the middle class. You had better start looking because you'll be looking until the end of time. As far as stock answers, you have me confused with IO. Actually, your post doesn't make a lot of sense. You have several of us confused inside your empty head. Additionally, where did I go off in different directions???? You ACCUSED me of blaming Obama for the destruction of the middle class and I explained to you EXACTLY what I DO blame Obama for. Why don't you go back and read that post again. Perhaps you can cut and paste from that post the sentence or paragraph where I blamed Obama for the entire destruction of the middle class. YOUR mindless rants have devoured any intellectual power you MIGHT have had.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#24561 Sep 15, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
.... I don't have a problem with people distinguishing themselves by working hard, increasing their education, setting goals and meeting them AND being rewarded for that work. I'd venture to say that if YOU were amongst that number, you might feel a little differently about the wealthy. As far as the government being responsible for meeting my needs? NO THANKS! That means I would be relinquishing my life, in general, and ALL my decisions, specifically, to an organization that has failed at running every program it has directed.
....
.
Your whole response in the above post was great, but this was my favorite part. Well stated.
Now

Cleveland, GA

#24562 Sep 15, 2013
a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
First thing is the statement some jackass made saying you didn't build that, that being his business. Without government, state and federal we would NOT have a transportation system, power grids and water systems. No affordable way to manufacture goods or any way to get goods shipped in a timely and affordable manner. Airplanes and airports with federal regulation makes the sky's safe to ship goods all over the world. The federal and state road systems moving goods from trains to people. I could keep going, but why, that statement you are so upset over was really nothing more than the truth.
I have my own business, have for many, many years. I sold everything I owned and then borrowed $786,000. Before I got started I bought a new mattress just in case I lost everything I would have a decent bed. Now its making money, I don't need anything from anyone. I still work 7 days a week at least 10 months a year. I take my SSI check and put it in the bank, never been touched. And I will continue to take it to the bank until people wake up and pass laws that let folks who really need it get the money.
What do you really think the results would be if small, medium and large business we left to do as they please???? How much HARM to the citizens of this country do you think it would take for you to stop buying the "poor us" from the business community. Do I think they could do more business and make a LOT more money if left to do as they please, sure do. Do I think it would help our citizens or our country heck no. They would take advantage of people who are easily taken advantage of, plus a large percentage of smart folks with little common sense. One of the necessary things government does that wouldn't get done otherwise is to control what people do when it effects other people. A great example of a business that needs MORE regulation is all the car title pawns. I think we have 3 or 4 in Hiawassee. They will loan you some money on your only form of transportation to work at a ridiculously high rate. Its not against the law, if the bank did what they do it would be, and it should be. As long as they stay within the law the have every right to do what they do as any business has the right to do anything within the law. We have a lot of greedy people in this world, some outright dishonest if money is involved, take away the rules and see what you get. Careful what you wish for, you just might get it.
You don't have a clue what you are talking about, not a clue.

I read this post up to the part where the poster said he had SSI.
That did for me, tells me all the rest of the post is pure horsesh*t.

Now

Cleveland, GA

#24563 Sep 15, 2013
Poor Gore, just cant get the weather to agree with him........

"Wrong: Al Gore Predicted Arctic Summer Ice Could Disappear In 2013"


http://cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-holli...

Now

Cleveland, GA

#24564 Sep 15, 2013
Mother Earth decided to make a fool of Gore.


"Earth Gains A Record Amount Of Sea Ice In 2013"

http://www.climatedepot.com/2013/09/14/earth-...
in the water

Alpharetta, GA

#24565 Sep 15, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I think you both are equally at fault, for not wanting to point your chosen party's crimes against this country and humanity for what they are, Crimes. Egyptian's constitution was done away with, by the muslim brotherhood, and yet, they still had the will to stand up to tyranny. I'm not so sure that we, as divided as we are, will have the unity or will, to do the same. The Eygptian people are lookin pretty exceptional to me. We as Americans all have our own agenda, with no regards to, actually what's best for this country.(IMO) At the same time you both right, in a way.(IMO) You're both ignorant to the fact that this is what the "haves" want the "have nots" to do. Which is to us to argue over petty issues that has been debated over for centuries. Like, race, religion, queers, and abortion. These are issues that the rich doesn't care about and are entertained by the fact that the rest of us(47%)do. You both focus entirely to much on race.(IMO)
So says one of the great thinkers of our time.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#24566 Sep 15, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I think you both are equally at fault, for not wanting to point your chosen party's crimes against this country and humanity for what they are, Crimes. Egyptian's constitution was done away with, by the muslim brotherhood, and yet, they still had the will to stand up to tyranny. I'm not so sure that we, as divided as we are, will have the unity or will, to do the same. The Eygptian people are lookin pretty exceptional to me. We as Americans all have our own agenda, with no regards to, actually what's best for this country.(IMO) At the same time you both right, in a way.(IMO) You're both ignorant to the fact that this is what the "haves" want the "have nots" to do. Which is to us to argue over petty issues that has been debated over for centuries. Like, race, religion, queers, and abortion. These are issues that the rich doesn't care about and are entertained by the fact that the rest of us(47%)do. You both focus entirely to much on race.(IMO)
I think you will acknowledge that I have ripped the Republican establishment enough when they have proved spineless and not stood up for conservative policies. You and I will have to differ on what you call Republican "crimes against this country and humanity".
You are missing the point when I bring up the "race card" that the Left loves to play when all else fails. There are fundamental differences in the way the two parties look upon this country and in the policies each wishes to implement. My contention is that the Democrat party's policies are what have led to the decline of this country and that current policies are putting that decline into overdrive. An over reaching government stifles both personal responsibility and personal initiative. It hinders the very engine that is the strength of this country and that truly drives this economy - the small business.

Can you possibly argue that the social policies of the last 40 years have helped those they claimed to be designed to help? What we have now is a growing number of people that have been made so dependent on the government, they see no other way to live - they believe they CAN'T make it with out the government subsidizing their lives - that is criminal and it could be easily argued was the intent all along - not by all who instituted these policies, but definitely by some.

The Republican party absolutely has its problems, I am a conservative, not a Republican - but the Republican party is the closest party to my beliefs on what this country should stand for. One very important belief is in the power of the individual to make of his life what he will. I will never deny that some are born with advantages others are not and that some are born with great hurdles that others do not have. But the nature of this country has always been that you are not tied to your beginnings - you have the freedom in this country to work hard and make your life better - but personal responsibility has a lot to do with it and poor personal decisions can destroy those chances.

Okay that went down a rabbit hole, but to go back to my point - I bring up the race card - not race - because it is the dishonest weapon the Left loves to pull out when all else fails. Argue with Obama, it can't be because the Right believes his policies are harmful to this country, just like we thought Clinton's and Carter's and most other Democrat policies are harmful to this country - no, it must be because he's black. Yeah, that's an intelligent argument, but thanks to a lapdog media, the Left gets away with it time and time again. If you were to look back objectively over the numerous posts, you would see I'm justified in my statement. Argue against Obama's policies - get called a racist.
Now

Cleveland, GA

#24567 Sep 15, 2013
Scientists now back tracking, looking for cubby holes to hide in. Scientist see Gore coming and run the other way.....

Scientists think the weather can be controlled with a change of the Clock; like daylight savings time has many people thinking man has control over the daylight hours.

"Dialing Back the Alarm on Climate Change"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...

Oh, one other point---the heat is hiding in the Oceans just waiting to burst upon mankind and make us sweat.
Now

Cleveland, GA

#24568 Sep 15, 2013
Nothing like a little Tea Party pressure......

"McCain Hints at Retirement"


http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/n...
Now

Cleveland, GA

#24569 Sep 15, 2013
Now

Cleveland, GA

#24570 Sep 15, 2013
And now the long process begins again, the saga of America behind the 8 ball again.........a daily soap opera.



"The predictions come after an emboldened Bashar Assad began upping his demands in talks over relinquishing the Syrian government's chemical weapons to international control."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/13/pl...
Now

Cleveland, GA

#24571 Sep 15, 2013
Bioethicists, perverts of the world..........

"But the most interesting part of the paper is their discussion of the use of the word eugenics. Ever since the Nazis implemented their brutal policies of racial and genetic hygiene, use of the word eugenics has been taboo and a shibboleth to rally the opposition."

http://stratrisks.com/geostrat/15416
Now

Cleveland, GA

#24572 Sep 15, 2013
I see IO and hid clan is still out and about, running amok......
"Florida overrun with herpes-infected feral monkeys"
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/13/florida...
Now

Cleveland, GA

#24573 Sep 15, 2013
"Saudi Royal Ties to 9/11 Hijackers Via Florida Saudi Family?"

http://whowhatwhy.com/2011/09/22/saudi-royal-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 285,680
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 5 hr Dalai Lama 101,566
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 8 hr MAGA 1,035
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Oklahoma's ... (Oct '14) 13 hr Killkenny 21
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in West Virgin... (Oct '14) Aug 14 duck 68
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) Aug 14 RNC Rightwing NUT... 110,128
Election Who's got your vote in the Virginia Senate race? (Oct '14) Aug 13 Defeat Ralph Northam 17
More from around the web