Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

edward

Hutchinson, KS

#5995 Feb 19, 2014
wally515 wrote:
It is my personal property. It is my right to chose if I own one, carry one, and or use one in self defence. this will only LIMIT government intrusion on my RIGHTS. the 2d amendment was good enough for the United States, why would it not be good enough for an individual sovereign State?
Unfortunately we cannot rely upon the Supreme Court of the United States to provide the broad interpretation of this text from The Bill of Rights, "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.'
There are those that argue this right does not extend to individuals for any purpose, hence the presentation of this amndment to The Constitution of the State of Kansas. The verbage removes any ambiguity about an individual's right to arms for lawful purposes, most notably defense.
Ralphy

Milford, KS

#5996 Feb 19, 2014
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Barn's from Massachusetts, genius.
If you are so against firearms, why do you work in a job that is totally based on firearms and killing people? The Army is not going to kill you with love and pop tarts. And was Zimmerman found guilty or not?

“Conscience of the Hearland”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

#5997 Feb 19, 2014
edward wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately we cannot rely upon the Supreme Court of the United States to provide the broad interpretation of this text from The Bill of Rights, "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.'
There are those that argue this right does not extend to individuals for any purpose, hence the presentation of this amndment to The Constitution of the State of Kansas. The verbage removes any ambiguity about an individual's right to arms for lawful purposes, most notably defense.
I rated you an "interesting" for your post. While you don't actually say so, it appears you think the right to possess firearms should not have limits, or, possibly I have misinterpreted what you've said.

I'm curious what you mean by "...for lawful purposes, most notably defense." What to you would that entail.

I can see, for instance, that may mean diamond merchants who carry their product on their person could reasonably, if their record indicates they are of good character, be permitted to carry a handgun to guard against robbery of same. An average schlub schlepping to the big box store, however, whose wallet contains less than $100 in cash and pix of his grandkids, however, considerably less so.

I do not believe the second amendment, unlike the first, can reasonably be said to legalize all firearms possession, for instance, that by persons with criminal records, or domestic violence convictions. I do not believe either that it entails no rights to the individual, although the ninth amendment as well covers those so conferred by the second.

Therefore I believe reasonable restrictions such as those which may prohibit mass shooters from obtaining arsenals and ammunition, are perfectly constitutional, and reasonable.

State legislation which permits either concealed or open carry in businesses which wish to not permit same, however, are not only unwise, but stupid. These are nothing but red meat political manipulators seek to throw before the paranoid.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Junction City KS

#5998 Feb 19, 2014
Ralphy wrote:
<quoted text> If you are so against firearms, why do you work in a job that is totally based on firearms and killing people? The Army is not going to kill you with love and pop tarts. And was Zimmerman found guilty or not?
I have never said I am "so against firearms." I'm an Army civilian. The Army is prohibited by law from engaging in military action within our territory against our citizens. It exists for defense and as such is necessary. I have no problem with reasonable private firearms ownership. As for Zimmerman I believe his case was decided wrongfully, but, as our constitution forbids double jeopardy, He cannot be retried for the crime he committed. I suspect however his abused wife agrees his case was wrongfully decided. I'm afraid we have not heard the last of this particular miscreant.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Morga

Tempe, AZ

#5999 Feb 19, 2014
Now bow your heads and offer a prayer to St. Trayvon the Patron Saint of Skittles.
Ralphy

Milford, KS

#6000 Feb 19, 2014
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never said I am "so against firearms." I'm an Army civilian. The Army is prohibited by law from engaging in military action within our territory against our citizens. It exists for defense and as such is necessary. I have no problem with reasonable private firearms ownership. As for Zimmerman I believe his case was decided wrongfully, but, as our constitution forbids double jeopardy, He cannot be retried for the crime he committed. I suspect however his abused wife agrees his case was wrongfully decided. I'm afraid we have not heard the last of this particular miscreant.
Thank you for responding in an honest way. The jobs we tend to work in normally direct our way of thinking. I believe that I should be able to bear arms in a lawful manner. If I fail to follow the law, I am at the peril of the system. Right or wrong, Zimmerman was judged and found not guilty.
curious

Junction City, KS

#6001 Feb 19, 2014
Ralphy wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for responding in an honest way. The jobs we tend to work in normally direct our way of thinking. I believe that I should be able to bear arms in a lawful manner. If I fail to follow the law, I am at the peril of the system. Right or wrong, Zimmerman was judged and found not guilty.
What are your thoughts on the guy who emptied his 9mm into a carload of unarmed teenagers , killing one ?
Ralphy

Milford, KS

#6002 Feb 19, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text> What are your thoughts on the guy who emptied his 9mm into a carload of unarmed teenagers , killing one ?
Seems a little harsh but I haven't heard the whole story. Give me a day.
Ready fready

United States

#6003 Feb 19, 2014
If they ever come for my guns there gonna get all my bullets first
advice for Ralphy

Junction City, KS

#6004 Feb 19, 2014
Ralphy wrote:
<quoted text> Seems a little harsh but I haven't heard the whole story. Give me a day.
Most cases of first degree murder are "a little harsh". Try doing some objective research of your own before you "hear the whole story " on FauxNews.

Junction City KS

#6005 Feb 19, 2014
Ralphy wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you for responding in an honest way. The jobs we tend to work in normally direct our way of thinking. I believe that I should be able to bear arms in a lawful manner. If I fail to follow the law, I am at the peril of the system. Right or wrong, Zimmerman was judged and found not guilty.
I don't have a problem with that. Unless you're a diamond merchant or such I can't see wy you'd want to though.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Junction City KS

#6006 Feb 19, 2014
Ready fready wrote:
If they ever come for my guns there gonna get all my bullets first
If you're not a criminal or domestic abuser I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Tausha

Baldwin City, KS

#6007 Mar 17, 2014
I vote yes

Junction City KS

#6008 Mar 17, 2014
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're not a criminal or domestic abuser I don't think you have anything to worry about.
How about some of you whiners show your work. Why is the above "nuts" to you? If you can't explain why, you've admitted your stupidity.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Noah Ratt

Junction City, KS

#6009 Mar 18, 2014
the government should just give everyone a gun

Junction City KS

#6010 Mar 19, 2014
Noah Ratt wrote:
As long as that includes all persons of color, immigrants of all legal stati, and everyone regardless of criminal records, that sounds great. That'd be the only way to get the NRA to turn Democrat.

Rather than just serving white deadbeat dads, they could serve everybody. You may have hit upon the Rosetta Stone for ending the culture war here, my friend. Nice work.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
My opinion

United States

#6011 Mar 20, 2014
I do not believe that absolutely everyone has the right to bear arms nor do I think bars and clubs are a good place to carry them. Who protects law abiding citizens from an armed idiot?
agree

Junction City, KS

#6012 Mar 20, 2014
My opinion wrote:
Who protects law abiding citizens from an armed idiot?
all the other armed idiots who think carrying a gun will protect them.
billy bob

Garnett, KS

#6013 Mar 21, 2014
Noah Ratt wrote:
I will take a M4 carbine with all the goodies please.
chris billings

Rossville, KS

#6014 Mar 23, 2014
I sit here and read all these things that people say. Yes, No , more police, and what ever. I am a gun owner and have the right under the second amendment to own and protect myself and family.
If you are o afraid of a gun. Then DON'T buy one. That is your right. Don't tell me that I don't have the right to own and bear a gun. People keep saying the same thing. GUNS KILL PEOPLE. BULLSHIT!!!!
That gun didn't load itself. It didn't point itself at someone, and it didn't pull it's own trigger. A person did. Why are you going to punish the gun for what a person holding it did?
If you are going to blame the gun for shooting someone, then blame the fork for making people fat, blame the car for killing someone, because the driver was drunk and drove any way. You can blame everything that happens to someone if you look hard enough.
The 2nd amendment gives me the right to bear arms and I do carry one, but I obey the law when doing so. I spent 20 yrs and the army. have had training to carry a concealed weapon.
That is my choose not yours. If you don't want a gun around, then don't buy one, But when your home is broken into while you are in bed, I hope that phone will protect you until the police gets there.
DON'T TREAD ON ME OR MY RIGHTS, and I won't tread on yours

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 27 min Yellow Dawg Democrat 99,377
OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 44 min So What 79,552
Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... 1 hr u suck 1,511
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 1 hr even_stephens 91
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr Pork 65,039
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 2 hr Synergy 58,681
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr Ari son of Anarchy 165,807
More from around the web