Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, C...

Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutional Amendment Question 1

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

3,514 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#5803 Sep 25, 2013
Uncle Jed wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefore democrats have sought to make it easier to ^ commit voter fraud. Conservatives have sought to make it harder ^for Democrats to commit voter fraud.
There that looks better.
Voter fraoud is a myth
independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#5804 Sep 26, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You either have a very short-term memory or have not expanded your news gathering beyond Fox news -
Here's just a few comments by the right:
"The reduction in the number of days allowed for early voting is particularly important because early voting plays a major role in Obama’s ground game. The Democrats carried most states that allow many days of early voting, and Obama’s national field director admitted, shortly before last year’s election, that “early voting is giving us a solid lead in the battleground states that will decide this election.”
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/north-carolina-emb...
Pennsylvania House Majority Leader Mike Turzai told a gathering of Republicans that their voter identification law would “allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania.”
After the election, former Florida GOP chairman Jim Greer told The Palm Beach Post that the explicit goal of the state’s voter-ID law was Democratic suppression.“The Republican Party, the strategists, the consultants, they firmly believe that early voting is bad for Republican Party candidates,” Greer told the Post.“It’s done for one reason and one reason only ...‘We’ve got to cut down on early voting because early voting is not good for us,’” he said. Indeed, the Florida Republican Party imposed a host of policies, from longer ballots to fewer precincts in minority areas, meant to discourage voting.
Do you need more proof?
making people wait to vote until the actual election is NOT suppressing their ability to vote. It merely means they have to do it on the day of the election like in the "good o'l days" instead of earlier and earlier every year. Just because you have to do something on a different day certainly does not mean you can't do it at all. That is so stupid to even suggest that kind of claim. Quit your whining and vote on the day of the election like you should have too anyway. There should be very few exceptions to that rule and I didn't see the Dems all up in arms over the fact that the military pretty much got screwed out of their vote altogether by the same libs that claim their votes should be counted no matter when or how many each person cast. The military when deployed should take precedence over ANY other vote, their the ones protecting our right to have one to begin with.
just the facts

Junction City, KS

#5805 Sep 26, 2013
independent common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
making people wait to vote until the actual election is NOT suppressing their ability to vote. It merely means they have to do it on the day of the election like in the "good o'l days" instead of earlier and earlier every year. Just because you have to do something on a different day certainly does not mean you can't do it at all. That is so stupid to even suggest that kind of claim. Quit your whining and vote on the day of the election like you should have too anyway. There should be very few exceptions to that rule and I didn't see the Dems all up in arms over the fact that the military pretty much got screwed out of their vote altogether by the same libs that claim their votes should be counted no matter when or how many each person cast. The military when deployed should take precedence over ANY other vote, their the ones protecting our right to have one to begin with.
First you want to say there is no proof that Republicans are making a concerted effort to suppress the Democratic vote - I show you the proof, so now your argument changes to Democrats should quit whining and do whatever the Republicans say.
While here in Junction City, for most people it is not a huge deal. Until the last election I never had to wait in line. But for large areas where the lines to vote are hours long, and good hard-working Democrats don't have all day to stand in line because they have to get to work - not having early voting will stop many people from casting a ballot.
So yes, just because you have to do it on a certain day does mean many people will not be able to vote and it is stupid to assume otherwise. I early voted one year because I had a conference out of state to go to, should I have lost my right to vote because I could not be at a specific spot on a specific day? Let's face it this is the 21st century, we don't all live in little towns where voting day is a holiday.
If it really is no big deal - why change it, why not continue to allow early voting? The answer is pretty clear, the only way Republicans think they can win is to stop the voting of their opposition.
As for the military, they have the mail-in ballots and if I recall about a month to get their ballot in.
bcs

Silver Lake, KS

#5806 Sep 26, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
First you want to say there is no proof that Republicans are making a concerted effort to suppress the Democratic vote - I show you the proof, so now your argument changes to Democrats should quit whining and do whatever the Republicans say.
While here in Junction City, for most people it is not a huge deal. Until the last election I never had to wait in line. But for large areas where the lines to vote are hours long, and good hard-working Democrats don't have all day to stand in line because they have to get to work - not having early voting will stop many people from casting a ballot.
So yes, just because you have to do it on a certain day does mean many people will not be able to vote and it is stupid to assume otherwise. I early voted one year because I had a conference out of state to go to, should I have lost my right to vote because I could not be at a specific spot on a specific day? Let's face it this is the 21st century, we don't all live in little towns where voting day is a holiday.
If it really is no big deal - why change it, why not continue to allow early voting? The answer is pretty clear, the only way Republicans think they can win is to stop the voting of their opposition.
As for the military, they have the mail-in ballots and if I recall about a month to get their ballot in.
I don't know any hard working democrats including myself. I get my money every month and enjoy every penney. Thanks uncle hussein obama. Allah Akbar.
independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#5807 Sep 26, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Well dumbass the hard working Republican's and Independents have to stand in those lines and vote on that same day so yes, stop your whining. Making people vote on a certain date is NOT suppressing anything. And the military for the most part did not have their ballots counted because so many democrat governors couldn't get their shit in order and get them their ballots and send them in ON TIME! No one is stopping your vote because you have to vote on a day you don't get to schedule ahead of time so their is no line for your couch sitting ass to have to stand in. BOO FREAKING HOO, everyone else has to do the same. If it was actually suppressing anyone's vote then they would have to make only the Republican's have different and special rules for voting that the Dems didn't get. Show me where that is the case and you might have an argument. Otherwise yes, stop your freaking whining and follow the same rules set forth for every other American. And don't forget....you only get ONE vote now, ya hear!!!

Location hidden

#5808 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Making it harder to vote is to supress the right to vote.

That "dems don't want military to vote" is just a Faux News lie. Most E-4s and below won't vote anyway. Plenty of NCOs who are female or minority voted for Bamz. We want their votes. BTW I once reported as a civil rights violation when an LTC directed the staff to vote Republican and it led in part to her being relieved of her position.
just the facts

Junction City, KS

#5809 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>
If it was actually suppressing anyone's vote then they would have to make only the Republican's have different and special rules for voting that the Dems didn't get. Show me where that is the case and you might have an argument.
Now you’re getting it. Unfortunately eliminating early voting will likely bite the Republicans in rear because it wasn’t until the last election that the Democrats benefited in a measureable amount. Usually it has been the Republicans, but no one paid attention to that until after Obama won.
<quoted text>
Otherwise yes, stop your freaking whining and follow the same rules set forth for every other American. And don't forget....you only get ONE vote now, ya hear!!!
The rules set forth – ummm we were following the rules, but now the Republicans want to change the rules. It’s not like the Dems were asking for anything special or different. It all comes down to the mere fact that early voters voted for Obama, so the Republicans first response was to whine and cry and try to change the rules.
just the facts

Junction City, KS

#5810 Sep 26, 2013
[well, well, well, judging by your tone I struck a nerve, but I understand - that's common when people find themselves on the losing side of the facts. Rather than countering with fact they take the tone you did. But let's look take this point by point.
<quoted text>
Well dumbass the hard working Republican's and Independents have to stand in those lines and vote on that same day so yes, stop your whining.
If it were true that the "hard working Republican's and Independents" have to stand in those long lines, then why would they be so hell-bent on making those lines even longer? It's pretty simple these rules are being implemented in areas that are heavily Democratic in the attempt to dissuade Democrats from voting. This has been stated specifically by Republican leaders. I don’t make this stuff up, I’m just telling you what the Republican leaders have already stated.
<quoted text>
Making people vote on a certain date is NOT suppressing anything.
Not sure how you can make such a statement unless you just don't know what the word "suppress" means. To suppress means you are stopping something from occurring. Eliminating the days a person can vote is stopping people from voting on those days - hence "suppression."
The second Tuesday of November is simply the day that all the votes are to be counted. To be fair and equitable we should be, and in many places have been, allowed to vote early. To expect the entire voting public to show up to a few polling places all in a 12-hour span on one day is ridiculous.
<quoted text>
And the military for the most part did not have their ballots counted because so many democrat governors couldn't get their shit in order and get them their ballots and send them in ON TIME!
Riiiight, because all those Governors were personally responsible to mail out ballots to the troops.
There was a huge uproar based on a story posted on a blog called “The Duffel Blog.” Republican pundits jumped on it broadcast it and still refer it to. The only problem was that none of them bothered to find out what the Duffel Blog is. They describe themselves as “The Duffel Blog serves the men and women of the US Military with a daily dose of military humor, funny military pictures, and faux news. We take an interesting and funny look at military life. We focus on veterans, military stories, defense, politics (sometimes) and life on base — with a comedic twist. We are in no way, shape, or form, a real news outlet. Just about everything on this website is satirical in nature.”
On the serious side of this issue though, Wisconsin did report a few problems, but those were resolved in ample time to ensure Wisconsin military members could vote. There was also the problem with a plane crash right a week or so before the election that was carrying mail. It is safe to assume that some ballots were lost in that accident.
<quoted text>
No one is stopping your vote because you have to vote on a day you don't get to schedule ahead of time so their is no line for your couch sitting ass to have to stand in. BOO FREAKING HOO, everyone else has to do the same.
How do you figure that people are not being stopped from voting – Seriously, for that is what this is all about – stopping people from voting? For years they have been allowed to vote for a few weeks before the official count date, now they’re not allowed to – that translates into stopping people from voting.
Why not keep the rules that have been working fine for years in place – oh that’s right because the Republicans can’t win an election on their merit.
Tax Payer

Holton, KS

#5811 Sep 27, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
The myth in this post is. HARD WORKING DEMOCRAT. They are always standing around with their handout waiting for their entitlements.
independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#5812 Sep 27, 2013
No one is worried about the next vote. Obama has sealed the fait of the Dems being in charge for a good long time. You can send the "thank you" card to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
And if you think o'l Hillary is going to ride her broom in and save the day you can chalk that one up to an epic fail. She got the 3am call, she ignored it. No one will let her control the military. She can't keep ambassador's alive with plenty of warning, what good would she be to the whole country?

As for making people vote on a certain day somehow suppressing their vote....sorry but it just doesn't make the cut for suppressing a vote. If you were having your vote suppressed you would not get to vote at all! You even said in your rant that it would mean stopping the vote....it doesn't, just means you have to do it on a certain day. Does your trash collectors suppress your ability to have your trash picked up because they only do it on certain days? It is a rule, follow it and you can vote. No one is stopping you. Sometimes rules change, that's life.
independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#5813 Sep 27, 2013
"How do you figure that people are not being stopped from voting – Seriously, for that is what this is all about – stopping people from voting? For years they have been allowed to vote for a few weeks before the official count date, now they’re not allowed to – that translates into stopping people from voting."

No, that translates into postponing the voting date until later but all are still free to participate!!! No one is excluded and no one is denied that is legal! What's the problem? If you wait until election day, those few libs that actually work, will find that on that day even most business' will allow their employees time to go vote during work hours. So are you complaining about a longer line to stand in?
just the facts

Junction City, KS

#5814 Sep 27, 2013
No one is worried about the next vote. Obama has sealed the fait of the Dems being in charge for a good long time. You can send the "thank you" card to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
And if you think o'l Hillary is going to ride her broom in and save the day you can chalk that one up to an epic fail. She got the 3am call, she ignored it. No one will let her control the military. She can't keep ambassador's alive with plenty of warning, what good would she be to the whole country?
As for making people vote on a certain day somehow suppressing their vote....sorry but it just doesn't make the cut for suppressing a vote. If you were having your vote suppressed you would not get to vote at all! You even said in your rant that it would mean stopping the vote....it doesn't, just means you have to do it on a certain day. Does your trash collectors suppress your ability to have your trash picked up because they only do it on certain days? It is a rule, follow it and you can vote. No one is stopping you. Sometimes rules change, that's life.
Thanks for the laugh this morning. You were probably among those who believed the Fox comedians who were all swearing that Romney had this huge lead and was going to walk away with the last election. Sorry but the Republican party has completely unraveled. Until they get their act together they need to just step aside, before they do anymore harm.

As for Clinton, keep trying. Thought I have to admit it was funny, the Republicans appointed their own people to investigate the Benghazi situation. The report came back but it didn't prove the big scandal that they were trying to make it out t be so now their cursing their own appointed people.

I'll try this one more time, see if you can keep up -
Fact 1. suppression means to stop something from happening
fact 2. not everyone can vote on a given day
fact 3. eliminating voting days will require everyone to show up on one day.
fact. 4. Because many people will not be able to vote on that designated day, the law has now effectively suppressed voters.
Fact. 5 Republican leaders have specifically come out and stated that this is one way to reduce the Democratic vote - yeah, I watch Fox news too.

I guess the other question here, which you still haven't answered is, why change the voting rules? They've been working out fine just they way the are, giving people plenty of time to cast their vote, so why change it - especially when you know that the change will effectively stop Americans from their right to vote?
Jerry

Kansas City, KS

#5815 Sep 27, 2013
Bla bla bla. Samefag plopping.

Location hidden

#5816 Sep 27, 2013
Tax Payer wrote:
<quoted text>
The myth in this post is. HARD WORKING DEMOCRAT. They are always standing around with their handout waiting for their entitlements.
Oh, you mean like Seniors on Medicare?

Give one example. every Democratic voter I've ever known has held more jobs than you will ever have.
independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#5817 Sep 27, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the laugh this morning. You were probably among those who believed the Fox comedians who were all swearing that Romney had this huge lead and was going to walk away with the last election. Sorry but the Republican party has completely unraveled. Until they get their act together they need to just step aside, before they do anymore harm.
As for Clinton, keep trying. Thought I have to admit it was funny, the Republicans appointed their own people to investigate the Benghazi situation. The report came back but it didn't prove the big scandal that they were trying to make it out t be so now their cursing their own appointed people.
I'll try this one more time, see if you can keep up -
Fact 1. suppression means to stop something from happening
fact 2. not everyone can vote on a given day
fact 3. eliminating voting days will require everyone to show up on one day.
fact. 4. Because many people will not be able to vote on that designated day, the law has now effectively suppressed voters.
Fact. 5 Republican leaders have specifically come out and stated that this is one way to reduce the Democratic vote - yeah, I watch Fox news too.
I guess the other question here, which you still haven't answered is, why change the voting rules? They've been working out fine just they way the are, giving people plenty of time to cast their vote, so why change it - especially when you know that the change will effectively stop Americans from their right to vote?
I would wait for the survivors to testify before I got too cocky if I were you. Despite Hillary's whining about "what difference does it make", there are several American's that think it makes a hell of difference when our Ambassador is killed even after several weeks of warnings that more security was needed but it was still denied. And when the government actually "investigated" itself they didn't even talk to Hillary! Yeah, real good investigation there.
As for Romney, I never thought he had a chance in hell of winning.

As for the date change "suppressing, or stopping" voting, it is not the case to begin with. No one will have their right to vote taken away. They just have to vote on a different day. They still get to vote, so answer just how that is stopping anyone from voting. I just love it when someone with no job, living off the government, has no schedule to follow any day, gets on tv and whines about how their vote is being suppressed because they have to change the day they vote. Like their schedule is so packed now!!! If a person with a full time job, a house full of kids, and all their activities can make it to the polls on a certain day so can someone with no job, no kids, and nothing going on except sitting on the couch eating their food stamp bought munchies.

As far as the question "why change the rules to begin with". Don't ask me to explain anything what any politician does. You can't so why do you think I can. They all need to go anyway and we need to change the fact that they can actually elect to exclude themselves from the very laws they pass for us and the fact that most of them causing the problems are "lifers" anyway and should have been OUT long ago. Put in place some term limits and make them follow the laws they pass and we might just start getting something done for the people!

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5818 Sep 27, 2013
The CON's big lie is that they swear they don't think early voting reduces DEM voter turnout. If the CONs weren't aware that they're witnessing their party's final meltdown phase and they actually thought they had a chance of winning ANY future POTUS elections, they wouldn't care about early voting.

Multiple CON political consultants and politicians have admitted their goal in abolishing early voting is to supress DEM turnout. Yet CONs now say until they're blue in the face that early voting doesn't depress DEM voting, then insist that early voting must not be allowed.

So which is it? CONs are transparent and they're lying about early voting. If they thought they could win elections, straight up, with early voting by everyone, they wouldn't be making such a concerted effort to abolish it.

We'll see how loudly CONs whine when Texas becomes a swing State by '16 and CON/DEM/INDIE politicians pass immigration reform laws that will give a vote to 12 Million Hispanic voters, now "living in the shadows, most of whom will vote DEM.

GOP - RIP 2016
Hi Toni

Junction City, KS

#5819 Sep 28, 2013
Jerry wrote:
Bla bla bla. Samefag plopping.
We`re not fooled by the new name , Toni. Nobody else in O.P. is that stupid.
correction

Junction City, KS

#5820 Sep 28, 2013
<quoted text>
The military when deployed should take precedence over ANY other vote, their the ones protecting our right to have one to begin with.
That would be "they`re" for you FoxNews fans.
correction

Junction City, KS

#5821 Sep 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Despite Hillary's whining about "what difference does it make", there are several American's that think it makes a hell of difference
Why do FoxNews (fan`s) insist on using an apostrophe to denote a plural ?
apostrophe cops

Junction City, KS

#5822 Sep 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Well dumbass the hard working Republican's and Independents have to stand in those lines and vote on that same day
Here we go again !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 3 min tuffet 81,127
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 16 min WhoaBuddy 80,828
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr TRUMPOCALYPSE 104,822
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 2 hr Brocko Bama 90,428
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 hr Limbertwig 228,688
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Kentucky's ... (Nov '14) 16 hr New guy 21
Election Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Tue southern alien 8,692
More from around the web