Coffeyville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

And how would it have stopped Sandyhook? The mother had legal guns and a legal right to have them. It is the over reach that worries people. The bill would do nothing to stop those deaths, the deaths were merely cheapened and used to further an agenda. If you want people to get on board then they should do something that would have stopped it from happening, which they did not. Thank goodness people were smart enough to realize that. Don't use these horrible tragedies to further an agenda, use it to make changes that would prevent them from happening again and the bill they wanted to pass would have done nothing and you cannot prove otherwise.
TheCataclysmicAb yss

Shawnee, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Agnostick wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly how would a background check "take your guns away," much less "take everyone's guns away?"
With the right technology and the proper information, a background check could potentially be as quick and painless as swiping your credit card at the gas pump. Every time you swipe you credit card, you submit yourself to a "background check" of sorts--you authorize the retailer to check with your bank, credit card company, lender etc. to see if you are a consumer in good standing (good credit history, pay your bills on time, have adequate credit and/or money in your account, etc.). If you "pass," you get the goods; if not, your purchase is denied. The retailer doesn't know *why* the purchase was denied--the specifics are between you and the credit card company.
This could be a very simple, practically painless thing. But the NRA has everyone believing the big lies.
Background checks are already required to purchase a firearm from a dealer. Every firearm I've ever bought required a background check. Yes even at gun shows.

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

TheCataclysmicAbyss wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea! How dare they stand up for their rights! Bastards!
"to weasel out of taking responsibility for their own actions.."
I really enjoyed that part. What actions are you referring to? It's particularly ironic considering liberals would give up every right they had if it meant shirking the responsibility for their own personal safety. Where is the outcry for the innocent children killed Iraq or Afghanistan? How about a child (shot in the back) and mother (shot in the head while holding a 10 month old) MURDERED at Ruby Ridge? 76 men, women, and children MURDERED in the Waco siege? And what is your friend Roo's liberal response to that..? "They deserved what they got." What a disgusting reply. The fact that anyone can still portay some sort of moral high ground after spewing such garbage is laughable.
The Weavers were white supremacists and are not deserving of sympathy. They were not victims, they were nutcases who should have lost custody of their children long before that incident.

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

just a thought wrote:
And how would it have stopped Sandyhook? The mother had legal guns and a legal right to have them. It is the over reach that worries people. The bill would do nothing to stop those deaths, the deaths were merely cheapened and used to further an agenda. If you want people to get on board then they should do something that would have stopped it from happening, which they did not. Thank goodness people were smart enough to realize that. Don't use these horrible tragedies to further an agenda, use it to make changes that would prevent them from happening again and the bill they wanted to pass would have done nothing and you cannot prove otherwise.
Why do gun-wielding toughs like Lougher and Lanza feel inspired to commit their henious crimes? Because they are inspired by the glorification of gun ownership by antisocial forces like the NRA.
Jack

Holton, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Chilli J wrote:
Hypocrites much, firearm extremists? You insist we MUST maintain the status quo with ineffective, lax firearm Regs. now in place But the firearm status quo just isn't working for us reasoning adults.
Our firearm Regs. have enabled firearm extremists to commit one escalating murder of innocents after another. You offer no reasonable alternatives, so it's time for grown ups to offer them to you.
Will anyone take away my or your sporting firearms? No. Nobody needs semi-auto firearms or high-count magazines for "self-defense". It's time for you scared little guys to grow up and give them up.
Chilli J. I am very pleased that you consider yourself so far above me that you can tell me what I need and do not need. Sounds like you may be from Russia or some other communist nation. Their leaders are known for telling everyone what they need and don't need. But lets turn things around on you and your communist friends. You do not need to have a computer any longer because you are trying to create problems for others. You no longer need a computer because you don't know what you are talking about so it will keep you off of these posting sights. You no longer need a computer because what you are saying is no longer permitted without my OK. Your 1st amendment rights are no longer approved. So you may as well sink into your tent and "SHUT UP
"Kangaroo, same goes for you too.
just a thought

Coffeyville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

The gun bill fight is over despite Obama's lie that it isn't. You don't come out and trash the very people you will need in order to pass one if you have any idea at all of how to compromise or get anything done in Congress, which Obama clearly does not.
just a thought

Coffeyville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Roo, you avoided the question. How would the bill have addressed the Sandyhook murders?
TheCataclysmicAb yss

Shawnee, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do gun-wielding toughs like Lougher and Lanza feel inspired to commit their henious crimes? Because they are inspired by the glorification of gun ownership by antisocial forces like the NRA.
Because they know the media will make them infamous, and thanks to "gun-free" zones they will be met with no resistance.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Chilli J. I am very pleased that you consider yourself so far above me that you can tell me what I need and do not need. Sounds like you may be from Russia or some other communist nation. Their leaders are known for telling everyone what they need and don't need. But lets turn things around on you and your communist friends. You do not need to have a computer any longer because you are trying to create problems for others. You no longer need a computer because you don't know what you are talking about so it will keep you off of these posting sights. You no longer need a computer because what you are saying is no longer permitted without my OK. Your 1st amendment rights are no longer approved. So you may as well sink into your tent and "SHUT UP
"Kangaroo, same goes for you too.
How ironic! Scared little gray box firearm extremist poster: whines about 2nd Amendment "rights" which he incorrectly thinks let him own any firearm that he can afford to buy; labels another poster as being a Communist; and seeks to deny that other poster his 1st Amendment rights!:) Yet you wonder why I think I'm "above" you. LOL Shhh, pookie! Us grown-ups are discussing an adult, life or death, serious topic here. We're trying to add minimally-invasive Regs. to try to prevent you firearm extremists from committing your next crazed baby-killing! Thanks for your feedback! You might want to go play with your human-killing-machine firearms, while you still have them! LOL
sallys sister

Gardner, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
My views are normal unlike yours. Giving him a fair trial would have been preferable but LEOs are reluctant to expose themselves to sniper fire.
Did you miss the fact that Weaver was acquitted
Jack

Holton, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we're going to need guards for the FEMA camps
Nice way of saying prison camps if Obama gets what he wants. Disarm the citizen's then control them. Just like Hitler did. Then he is the "RULER" you DA.
Chile is a DORK

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

sallys sister wrote:
<quoted text> Did you miss the fact that Weaver was acquitted
Because of the FBI and ATF blunders Randy Weaver was later awarded over one million dollars in damages paid by the US government.
TheCataclysmicAb yss

Shawnee, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
How ironic! Scared little gray box firearm extremist poster: whines about 2nd Amendment "rights" which he incorrectly thinks let him own any firearm that he can afford to buy; labels another poster as being a Communist; and seeks to deny that other poster his 1st Amendment rights!:) Yet you wonder why I think I'm "above" you. LOL Shhh, pookie! Us grown-ups are discussing an adult, life or death, serious topic here. We're trying to add minimally-invasive Regs. to try to prevent you firearm extremists from committing your next crazed baby-killing! Thanks for your feedback! You might want to go play with your human-killing-machine firearms, while you still have them! LOL
The irony is you are attempting to paint yourself with superior reasoning, yet weren't intelligent enough to understand the comment you're replying to. For claiming to be in some sort of discussion regarding life and death, trolling seems to be your preference rather than the "discussion" part.

Since: Jul 12

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Chile is a DORK wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of the FBI and ATF blunders Randy Weaver was later awarded over one million dollars in damages paid by the US government.
After the ATF/FBI MURDERED his wife, shot through the front door while holding their infant child. And MURDERED his son after an ATF agent shot his dog. No amount of money can bring them back.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

TheCataclysmicAbyss wrote:
<quoted text>
The irony is you are attempting to paint yourself with superior reasoning, yet weren't intelligent enough to understand the comment you're replying to. For claiming to be in some sort of discussion regarding life and death, trolling seems to be your preference rather than the "discussion" part.
Superior reasoning, scared graybox troll?:) Unlike you, spineless guy, I only post registered. I understood the comment and replied to it. If you were as bright as you wish you were, you'd realize that. I pity you, if it makes this any easier for you. Pretend like you're anatomically correct and fully functional, come back in a registered box and we'll talk. If not, I've wasted about as much of my valuable time as I do with any invertebrate. Enjoy what's left of your day!

gunowner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
Superior reasoning, scared graybox troll?:) Unlike you, spineless guy, I only post registered. I understood the comment and replied to it. If you were as bright as you wish you were, you'd realize that. I pity you, if it makes this any easier for you. Pretend like you're anatomically correct and fully functional, come back in a registered box and we'll talk. If not, I've wasted about as much of my valuable time as I do with any invertebrate. Enjoy what's left of your day!
and why should i register? Is there a rule that makes you more important than any of us who don't feel the need.
just a thought

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Without singling out any individual , I believe there are no more than two or three degrees of seperation between Weaver , Koresh , McVeigh , and those who vehemently support them. The further right you lean , the closer you get to the extremists. A city like JC has more per capita than the national average , due to the unique demographics here.
sal

Gardner, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

just a thought wrote:
Without singling out any individual , I believe there are no more than two or three degrees of seperation between Weaver , Koresh , McVeigh , and those who vehemently support them. The further right you lean , the closer you get to the extremists. A city like JC has more per capita than the national average , due to the unique demographics here.
Those who go to far to the right usually meet those who went to far to the left. They are cut from the same cloth, commit the same crimes and endanger liberty.
agreed

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

sal wrote:
<quoted text>Those who go to far to the right usually meet those who went to far to the left. They are cut from the same cloth, commit the same crimes and endanger liberty.
That`s an excellent argument for centrist and moderate political views. In Kansas , moderates are being silenced and stymied by the far right regime in Topeka. How can that possibly be a good thing ?
TheCataclysmicAb yss

Shawnee, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

just a thought wrote:
I'm not sure where you get the idea that there is an agreeance with any of them, let alone strong support. With the exception of McVeigh, I'm pointing out these people were unjustly targeted and murdered. As far as the allegations involving Koresh and children, unless there is some actual evidence to support that accusation, it could be dismissed as propaganda just as easily as it could be accepted as fact. Hearsay is not adequate evidence, and demonizing the man before murdering him would reduce public outrage. The same with Weaver. Guilty or not, they both have the right to due process. Assassination is not due process.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••