|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

gunowner wrote:
<quoted text>two thoughts first what makes an AR-15 any different than any other semi auto rifle?
They prolly don't like them because they are black.
thoughts

Manhattan, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Americans have the right to bear arms. Guns for hunting and sport are okay... i do not see my automatic military type guns are necessary for the average american. Pistols i question also. Some gun control i think is necessary for the USA Gov. Regulate. I personally do not own a gun but grew up hunting. My dad made sure i fully understood how to operate my hunting gun properly. My brother and i were in the first class of hunters safety course in butler county and my dad still carries my card. It made me appreciate guns and i respect them. We were even taught not to point play guns at each other.
walter

Wellsville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

thoughts wrote:
Americans have the right to bear arms. Guns for hunting and sport are okay... i do not see my automatic military type guns are necessary for the average american. Pistols i question also. Some gun control i think is necessary for the USA Gov. Regulate. I personally do not own a gun but grew up hunting. My dad made sure i fully understood how to operate my hunting gun properly. My brother and i were in the first class of hunters safety course in butler county and my dad still carries my card. It made me appreciate guns and i respect them. We were even taught not to point play guns at each other.
I have only seen what you call an AUTOMATIC military gun once in my life outside of military or museum. This belongs to a friend and is issued by the Federal Agency he works for. Automatic firearms are nearly impossible for civilians to get. You need a federal,state and local permit. They also have to have been made before 1980.
Can You Even Read

Norwich, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

tired wrote:
Every country in the world that has banned guns has had an increase in violent crime or the people controlled by the ones that did.
Sources please... I say this because your silly opinion is completely false.

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

From the inception of this thread I have yet to see a pro-gun advocate of any kind articulate a position why he or she is against universal background checks, assault weapons bans, and limitations on number of bullets contained in magazines.

One particularly dim character here once replied, "second amendment". What an idiot. The second amendment is no more absolute than the first. If that's the best you've got, you should be able to see why regular people don't think you're bright enough to be trusted with lethal toys.
Beginner

Holton, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

The Kangaroo wrote:
From the inception of this thread I have yet to see a pro-gun advocate of any kind articulate a position why he or she is against universal background checks, assault weapons bans, and limitations on number of bullets contained in magazines.
One particularly dim character here once replied, "second amendment". What an idiot. The second amendment is no more absolute than the first. If that's the best you've got, you should be able to see why regular people don't think you're bright enough to be trusted with lethal toys.
What do you consider a "universal background check"? The FBI has been doing background checks on every gun purchase since the inception of the "Brady Bill". Some times it works, some times it doesn't. Not all states are very good at keeping files up to date. So, occasionally some one slips through the screening. You ever make a mistake? With the picture you have posted you must think your perfect and never make mistakes. What I did in the service, when I went out on assignment, I carried all the ammo I could handle and hoped I wouldn't have to use it. So, with this said who is it that they can tell anyone how much ammo they need or the capacity of their weapons magazine? I have always believed one shot, one kill. But if you have multiple targets, one shot may not be enough. If you are not a marksman, you may need more shots than one. If you have several targets or attackers, you are going to want all the ammo available to keep you and/or your loved ones safe. When you and your gun zealots come after me or my guns, you can bet your tiny little brain I will have more than one shot ready when you get here. I served for my country, fought for the rights of the people in this country and without complaining. If things in this country aren't low enough for your standards, just pack up get ready to move and I'll pay to send your ass back to the middle east where you can be happy.

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

I rated this post both "clueless" and "funny," that rare combination where the poster has some savvy, but not quite enough.
Beginner wrote:
What do you consider a "universal background check"?
Samething that would exclude guys like Lanza and Holmes and so forth.
The FBI has been doing background checks on every gun purchase since the inception of the "Brady Bill". Some times it works, some times it doesn't. Not all states are very good at keeping files up to date. So, occasionally some one slips through the screening.
Fair enough.
You ever make a mistake? With the picture you have posted you must think your perfect and never make mistakes.
How d'ya figure? Christ was pretty big on recognizing we're all asssholes sometimes. Of course, that's not Christ, that's a performance artist, and it's ironic. Sounds like you = Vietnam Vet type guy, not ironic at all, huh?
What I did in the service, when I went out on assignment, I carried all the ammo I could handle and hoped I wouldn't have to use it. So, with this said who is it that they can tell anyone how much ammo they need or the capacity of their weapons magazine? I have always believed one shot, one kill. But if you have multiple targets, one shot may not be enough. If you are not a marksman, you may need more shots than one. If you have several targets or attackers, you are going to want all the ammo available to keep you and/or your loved ones safe.
OK, but we ain't talikin' about military strteagy but civilian life here. The military can get all the guns and ammo they want as long as they follow procurement procedures and the appropriations act.
When you and your gun zealots come after me or my guns, you can bet your tiny little brain I will have more than one shot ready when you get here. I served for my country, fought for the rights of the people in this country and without complaining. If things in this country aren't low enough for your standards, just pack up get ready to move and I'll pay to send your ass back to the middle east where you can be happy.
Say what? Just where did this silly paranoid crap come from/ Nobody's going to take away your toys.
beejku

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

wow wrote:
i vote no guns for any one
. Do you even know what the Constitution of the United States IS? If you attended, and I use the word lightly, government (public) school, you've most likely never heard the word! How's that HOPE & CHANGE workin' for ya?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

beejku wrote:
<quoted text>. Do you even know what the Constitution of the United States IS? If you attended, and I use the word lightly, government (public) school, you've most likely never heard the word! How's that HOPE & CHANGE workin' for ya?
It's working better than the regulation portion of the "well regulated militia".
Jerry

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

entertained1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's working better than the regulation portion of the "well regulated militia".
If you read back previously you would discover the definition of "well regulated" as it was in the 18th century (that's 1700's for all the retards out there).
So you get clueless, because apparently you are.
Jerry

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Beginner wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have several targets or attackers, you are going to want all the ammo available to keep you and/or your loved ones safe. When you and your gun zealots come after me or my guns, you can bet your tiny little brain I will have more than one shot ready when you get here.
They don't think about those things, multiple armed, moving, targets, windage, elevation, recoil, misfires, and the noise.

Hey Gun Grabbers! It's all over, you've lost this round now move on to that's so gay marriage or whatever.

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

beejku wrote:
<quoted text>. Do you even know what the Constitution of the United States IS? If you attended, and I use the word lightly, government (public) school, you've most likely never heard the word!
The constitution does not provide a right to commit mass murder. It does provide promotion of the general welfare.
How's that HOPE & CHANGE workin' for ya?
Pretty damn good, actually. Still pissing scum like you off, right? I rest my case.

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Jerry wrote:
...the definition of "well regulated" as it was in the 18th century (that's 1700's for all the retards out there).
Nothing in there about allowing nuts to have lethal toys.
gunowner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

The Kangaroo wrote:
Universal Background Checks for purchase of a gun no problem I already do that but if I want to buy one of my kids a new gun for Christmas I don't think I should have to get a background check for my 11 year old before I give her the gun.
Assault Weapons Ban? Please describe what you consider to be an assault weapon. If you're talking about the guns we can buy in any gun shop they are nothing more than semi auto rifles with some black plastic on them instead of wood.
Magazine limits are a waste of time. It takes less than two seconds to change a magazine so why limit the number of rounds in a mag when a person can have 10-10 round mags?
My personal issue with any of the new gun legislation is quite simple all of the new rules only apply to law abiding gun owners. Criminals by nature will not care or follow any new laws but those of us who live inside the law are the people under attack so to speak.

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

gunowner wrote:
<quoted text> Universal Background Checks for purchase of a gun no problem I already do that but if I want to buy one of my kids a new gun for Christmas I don't think I should have to get a background check for my 11 year old before I give her the gun.
No, instead you should have to get your head examined. Buying a gun for an 11 y/o sounds pretty disgusting. Why not buy her a quart of Jim beam and a stripper pole while you're at it?
Assault Weapons Ban? Please describe what you consider to be an assault weapon. If you're talking about the guns we can buy in any gun shop they are nothing more than semi auto rifles with some black plastic on them instead of wood.
I'll leave that to the experts.
Magazine limits are a waste of time. It takes less than two seconds to change a magazine so why limit the number of rounds in a mag when a person can have 10-10 round mags?
That's not what responses to mass murders are saying. I suppose your "less than two seconds" figure is accurate if the assailant is a Super Marine or something. Doesn't sound like that describes Lanza, the Newtown mass murderer.
My personal issue with any of the new gun legislation is quite simple all of the new rules only apply to law abiding gun owners. Criminals by nature will not care or follow any new laws but those of us who live inside the law are the people under attack so to speak.
If you consider a minor inconvenience to be an attack, sure.

If criminals are apprehended alive, their noncompliance with reasonable gun laws are additional things prosecutors can charge them with.

Your whine would make sense if there was a reasonable argument to not inconvenience you a little to prevent children from dying.
gunowner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, instead you should have to get your head examined. Buying a gun for an 11 y/o sounds pretty disgusting. Why not buy her a quart of Jim beam and a stripper pole while you're at it?
<quoted text>
I'll leave that to the experts.
<quoted text>
That's not what responses to mass murders are saying. I suppose your "less than two seconds" figure is accurate if the assailant is a Super Marine or something. Doesn't sound like that describes Lanza, the Newtown mass murderer.
<quoted text>
If you consider a minor inconvenience to be an attack, sure.
If criminals are apprehended alive, their noncompliance with reasonable gun laws are additional things prosecutors can charge them with.
Your whine would make sense if there was a reasonable argument to not inconvenience you a little to prevent children from dying.
your still not answering the question if your opinion is so worthy why can you not simply tell everyone what you think an assault rifle is in your own words? All you have said is they are evil but you cannot say why.
As for getting my head checked for giving my 11 year old a gun she has been shooting for 6 years. Started out like most kids with a Daisy Red Rider BB gun and gradually moved up. She is also involved in organized shooting competitions in her 4-H club. So no it would not be crazy for me to give her a new competition gun as a gift.
Yes a wack job did shoot up a school and yes i truly do feel sorry for the parents but what if he used a bow and arrow or a bunch of knives would you be screaming they are evil and no one should own one?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

gunowner wrote:
<quoted text> your still not answering the question if your opinion is so worthy why can you not simply tell everyone what you think an assault rifle is in your own words? All you have said is they are evil but you cannot say why.
As for getting my head checked for giving my 11 year old a gun she has been shooting for 6 years. Started out like most kids with a Daisy Red Rider BB gun and gradually moved up. She is also involved in organized shooting competitions in her 4-H club. So no it would not be crazy for me to give her a new competition gun as a gift.
Yes a wack job did shoot up a school and yes i truly do feel sorry for the parents but what if he used a bow and arrow or a bunch of knives would you be screaming they are evil and no one should own one?
Apparently TWENTY 6 year olds isn't enough, but approx. 3,293 people have died from gun violence since Sandy Hook. The truth is, anyone could be killed with a violent attack from someone with a bow and arrow or a knife...or even a fingernail kit... but there would be less deaths per minute.

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

gunowner wrote:
<quoted text> your still not answering the question if your opinion is so worthy why can you not simply tell everyone what you think an assault rifle is in your own words? All you have said is they are evil but you cannot say why.
No, I have not said assault weapons are evil. I have said schmucks like you have no need of them and it is appropriate for the gubamint to limit access. The specifics are unimportant. I'll let the experts hash that out. As long as the bill is opposed by grifting organizations like the NRA and GOA, I will be satisfied with it.
Sounds questionable, but, no reason to not do a background check.

It's still funny today but when I was in 10th grade people busted out laughing during the morning prayer over the school intercom because it announced a classmate who was a bit of a schliemel was shot to death at a rifle range by a 12 y/o who thought hewas a moving target when the poor schlub ventured out to retrieve his target (a few years before that, people at a range in Dallas reported Lee Oswald, or a lookalike, was shooting at other people's targets). One would think in this day and age youthful shooters and their parents and the staff would know what to do to prevent a reoccurrance.

I recognize 4H and Scouts and such include proper firarms training and that's a positive. I also know that a lot of people who make verbal threats claim to be armed. It just depends on what values the parent is teaching. If they're teaching kids to vote Republican because Dems'll take yer guns away the parents are morally depraved idiots. Ttime will tell.
Bow and arrow shooting is not as quick as firearms; reloading's a bitch even if you're Ted Nugent. Let's revisit there should a school massacre ever occur by use of bow and arrow, shall we, and until then avoid such supercilious comparisons.
Jerry

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Hey Gun Grabbers! It's all over, you've lost this round now move on to that's So gay marriage or whatever.

Bla bla bla pfail.

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Jerry wrote:
Hey Gun Grabbers! It's all over, you've lost this round now move on to that's So gay marriage or whatever.
Bla bla bla pfail.
It ain't over till it's over. And when it's over the public is going to view personal firearms like they view cigarettes today: a disgusting vice of people who cannot control their desires.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,961 - 4,980 of5,935
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Search the Citizen Sound-Off Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 3 min Funny Funny 51,686
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min ORIGINAL WILLARD 138,471
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 min silverfox 47,486
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 13 min Living Wage 2,512
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 14 min State of Florida 54,795
Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 18 min Clark Hanes Egglands best 51,104
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 22 min xxxrayted 28,433
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••