“Conscience of the Hearland”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

#5153 Mar 25, 2013
Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, here you go roo...
Analysis of liberalism:
1) liberals place themselves above God or anyone else.
2) liberals claim to be open minded yet they attempt to shout down all who disagree.
3) liberals are lazy and expect others/government to provide for them.
4) liberals contribute the least to society and demand the most.
5) liberals are afraid of everything and demand others/government protect them from everything.
6) liberals cannot make a valid argument for their policies or beliefs so they resort to name-calling, smearing and ridicule of opponents
7) liberals decry violence yet they are quick to use it when they donít get their way.
8) liberals spew criticism yet are the least tolerant of it.
9) liberals detest murder yet condone 44 million murders per year worldwide via abortion.
This is a preliminary analysis of liberalism and will be expanded upon in the near future.
Mighty weak and silly

Junction City KS

#5154 Mar 25, 2013
Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh roo! you're too funny!
Not my post.
too funny

Junction City, KS

#5155 Mar 25, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not my post.
It gets pretty funny reading the posts from the radical right wing, it is impossible for them to win an intelligent debate so they will always resort to that kind of witty comeback - you gotta feel sorry for them!
gunowner

United States

#5156 Mar 26, 2013
too funny wrote:
<quoted text>
It gets pretty funny reading the posts from the radical right wing, it is impossible for them to win an intelligent debate so they will always resort to that kind of witty comeback - you gotta feel sorry for them!
So what type if debate would you like to have? Point, counter point? Or the type most people have on here where if I disagree with you and you resort to name calling and threat's of confrontation?
Ape

Olathe, KS

#5157 Mar 26, 2013
Oh, Jim Carrey, not funny. Cold dead career?
Will you join the 24/7 gun hater propaganda cry baby MSNBC outfit?
too funny

Junction City, KS

#5158 Mar 26, 2013
gunowner wrote:
<quoted text>So what type if debate would you like to have? Point, counter point? Or the type most people have on here where if I disagree with you and you resort to name calling and threat's of confrontation?
tried that - it doesn't work with the conservatives on Junction City's Topix. As soon as the facts are laid out they either resort to the name calling or making irrelevant lame comments.
This thread is a perfect example. And BTW, I have never resorted to name calling, when I disagree with someone I try to find out from them facts that will back their comments - if I'm wrong, so be it; but I usually don't open my mouth (or post) unless I've done my research.
gunowner

United States

#5159 Mar 26, 2013
too funny wrote:
<quoted text>
tried that - it doesn't work with the conservatives on Junction City's Topix. As soon as the facts are laid out they either resort to the name calling or making irrelevant lame comments.
This thread is a perfect example. And BTW, I have never resorted to name calling, when I disagree with someone I try to find out from them facts that will back their comments - if I'm wrong, so be it; but I usually don't open my mouth (or post) unless I've done my research.
thats good to know, a lit if posters prefer the later. The one question I have not been able to get a clear answer on is Why don't I need or should I not be able to own MY guns? In previous post I have stated I am a hunter and I enjoy sport shooting. And to be clear I DO NOT own any AR style rifles or any hand guns. But it would seem even my sport rifles are evil killing machines according to some posters.
too funny

Junction City, KS

#5160 Mar 26, 2013
gunowner wrote:
<quoted text> thats good to know, a lit if posters prefer the later. The one question I have not been able to get a clear answer on is Why don't I need or should I not be able to own MY guns? In previous post I have stated I am a hunter and I enjoy sport shooting. And to be clear I DO NOT own any AR style rifles or any hand guns. But it would seem even my sport rifles are evil killing machines according to some posters.
Speaking just from my perspective. I don't care if you own guns, but there has to be some limits to the weaponry that the average citizen should be allowed to own, we already have limits - you can't have rocket launchers, automatic weapons, sawed-off shotguns, hollow-point bullets, even some of the martial arts weapons are illegal.
During the period of time that the Brady Bill was in affect, there was no government takeover, no problems associated with the ban on some of the same weapons that are being talked about now.(there is some question as to whether or not it was effective, but that would be impossible to know for sure).
I think in all fairness a ban should be limited to new sales, but that's not a problem because no one is seriously talking about any kind of so-called "gun grab."
I also don't believe for a moment that relaxing the concealed carry laws will in any way make us safer. Yes, there are plenty of cases where someone's shot a home invader - I'm very glad they were able to protect themselves and their family, and that is exactly why so many us believe in having a gun in the house, but for the most part I don't believe we need to be packing every time we go to Wal-Mart. Seriously, look around I know you could probably have no problem thinking of a dozen or more family and friends who really are not stable enough to be a responsible gun owner.
As for background checks, why not - it will slow down some people from getting guns, but not stop them. If we can register every car we own and have a legal means to transfer a title, why not do the same for guns?

Junction City KS

#5161 Mar 26, 2013
gunowner wrote:
<quoted text>So what type if debate would you like to have? Point, counter point? Or the type most people have on here where if I disagree with you and you resort to name calling and threat's of confrontation?
It's not namecalling to say gunfags have masculity issues - it's a fact. Nobody made any "threat of confrontation." I just proved you're skeered of coming into a park in the dead of night in a mostly African-American neighborhood without your penile substitute.

Junction City KS

#5162 Mar 26, 2013
Ape wrote:
Oh, Jim Carrey, not funny. Cold dead career?
Will you join the 24/7 gun hater propaganda cry baby MSNBC outfit?
I gave that one a "funny". Hollywood types whining about guns whing about guns, just like Heston agreeing to a be a figurehead for a pro-crime lobby, do not impress me. There's plenty of other causes worthy of his attention but he and his ex Jenny McCarthy are already on thin ice there for claiming a vaccine caused their son's autism. The best thing these former stars can do is enjoy their money and shut up and enjoy being photographed by papparazzi taking out their garbage or buying lettice at Ralph's grocery on Sunset when they're 80 and most of the reads of the National Equirer thought they were already dead.

I will say former stars Shirley Temple Black, Ben Jones, Fred Grandy, Al Franken, Sheila Kuehl, and Sonny Bono made good public servants - Eastwood, too, when he was Mayor of Carmel. Not so much Ronald Reagan - he was a shill for GE and other advocates of corporatism from the get-go and a piss-poor Governor and President. There are some that walk the walk, like Daryl Hannah, who drives a 1986 Chevy El Camino that runs on old grease she gets from McDonald's abd she organized a community garden. But the loudmouths, unfortunately, rather right or left, are mostly idiots.

Junction City KS

#5163 Mar 26, 2013
gunowner wrote:
The one question I have not been able to get a clear answer on is Why don't I need or should I not be able to own MY guns? In previous post I have stated I am a hunter and I enjoy sport shooting. And to be clear I DO NOT own any AR style rifles or any hand guns. But it would seem even my sport rifles are evil killing machines according to some posters.
I don't see any reason you shouldn't have 'em as long as you are not a felon or domestic abuser. I think people like you should be grandfathered from anything which restricts them in the future.

but if you think you need 'em for "protection" unless you're a marijuana farmer or a stalking victim, you're full of it.

Junction City KS

#5164 Mar 26, 2013
too funny wrote:
I think in all fairness a ban should be limited to new sales, but that's not a problem because no one is seriously talking about any kind of so-called "gun grab."
the only ones saying that are the right-wing propagandists trying to fool people into voting against themselves.
DieHardMichiganF an

Smithville, MO

#5165 Mar 26, 2013
Stand up for your rights Kansas. Don't let these left wing Nazis like The Kangaroo allow your rights to be destroyed.
gunowner

United States

#5166 Mar 26, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not namecalling to say gunfags have masculity issues - it's a fact. Nobody made any "threat of confrontation." I just proved you're skeered of coming into a park in the dead of night in a mostly African-American neighborhood without your penile substitute.
so now you are trying to pull the race card nice, news flash my ex wife is black dumbshit. And yes you did insinuate a confrontation remember "meet me at midnight " or i suppose you forgot posting that.
gunowner

United States

#5167 Mar 26, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see any reason you shouldn't have 'em as long as you are not a felon or domestic abuser. I think people like you should be grandfathered from anything which restricts them in the future.
but if you think you need 'em for "protection" unless you're a marijuana farmer or a stalking victim, you're full of it.
ok then but I am not worried about the guns i have i am worried about guns i might wish to purchase in the future or the guns my children will purchase especially since my daughter is already involved in a sharp shooting club and will most likely ant to upgrade from the air rifles she is shooting now.
I apologize for my language in my last post but the race card really pisses me off to no end.

Junction City KS

#5168 Mar 26, 2013
gunowner wrote:
<quoted text>so now you are trying to pull the race card nice, news flash my ex wife is black dumbshit. And yes you did insinuate a confrontation remember "meet me at midnight " or i suppose you forgot posting that.
An unarmed meeting is not a confrontation unless you wish to make it so

Junction City KS

#5169 Mar 26, 2013
gunowner wrote:
<quoted text>ok then but I am not worried about the guns i have i am worried about guns i might wish to purchase in the future or the guns my children will purchase especially since my daughter is already involved in a sharp shooting club and will most likely ant to upgrade from the air rifles she is shooting now.
I apologize for my language in my last post but the race card really pisses me off to no end.
So, they want to buy AR-15s? How about tanks? As far as regular firearms, nobody's proposing keeping them away from the law abiding.
gunowner

United States

#5170 Mar 27, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, they want to buy AR-15s? How about tanks? As far as regular firearms, nobody's proposing keeping them away from the law abiding.
two thoughts first what makes an AR-15 any different than any other semi auto rifle? Second UN SMALL ARMS TREATY don't know what it is look it up. If imposed it would make all semi auto firearms and handguns illegal

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5171 Mar 27, 2013
gunowner wrote:
<quoted text>two thoughts first what makes an AR-15 any different than any other semi auto rifle? Second UN SMALL ARMS TREATY don't know what it is look it up. If imposed it would make all semi auto firearms and handguns illegal
More NRA scarespeak buzzwords. "UN Small Arms Treaty." Why in the World would any firearm extremist here think that we'd ever agree to abide by it or why any of you would believe any non-firearm extremist politician could get legislation passed that would ban all firearms? Angry, scared little firearm extremists! Pretend like you've got a pair, will ya?

Junction City KS

#5172 Mar 27, 2013
gunowner wrote:
<quoted text>two thoughts first what makes an AR-15 any different than any other semi auto rifle?
That'ssomething to be decided. Certain weapons and ammunitions are not for defense but for carnage. It's appropriate to keep these out of the hands of idiots.
Second UN SMALL ARMS TREATY don't know what it is look it up. If imposed it would make all semi auto firearms and handguns illegal
IIRC, the U.S. has not signed onto this, making it moot here in this country. Even if it did it would be mostly symbolic.

And - does "all semi auto firearms and handguns" refer to "semi auto handguns" or "all handguns"? Either way, it's paranoid to worry about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 5 min Rock 61,552
Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... 9 min WTSenior 1,565
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 12 min LnP 164,771
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 48 min fitness-guru 65,061
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr WE OWN YELLOW DAWG 99,390
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr xxxraytred 34,487
Who are you voting for in the Michigan Governor... 3 hr stan 5
More from around the web