Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, C...

Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutional Amendment Question 1

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

3,514 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4900 Jan 19, 2013
Pathetic. Easier tham hammering puppies.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4901 Jan 19, 2013
One of J.C. Phuque's doesn't count as it is proof of the defensive use of a German Shephard, not a weapon.
The One

Junction City, KS

#4902 Jan 19, 2013
Arguable, but I'll give you that one. 62 to go!
The One

Junction City, KS

#4903 Jan 19, 2013
If I post up the other 30 or 40 armed civilian hero stories from 2012 - 2013 that I have, will you be able to come up with 362 - 462 negatives of your own?
Homeowner Shoots 2

Junction City, KS

#4904 Jan 19, 2013
Indiana Homeowner Shoots 2 Home Invaders, Captures One, Both End Up in Hospital

2013 January 17

A homeowner in Indiana was forced to defend himself when 2 men burst into his home earlier this week.

The homeowner grabbed a gun, shot both men and held one of the men at gunpoint until police arrived.

The second suspect got away, but was found by police hiding in an abandoned house nearby.

Both suspects are being treated at area hospitals and are expected to recover from their wounds.

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defense/video/i...
The One

Junction City, KS

#4905 Jan 19, 2013
You owe me 72.
Man Shoots Attacker

Junction City, KS

#4906 Jan 19, 2013
Man Shoots & Kills Neighbor’s Ex-Boyfriend Who Showed Up With a Baseball Bat

2013 January 19

A man in Canyon Lake, TX grabbed his shotgun and confronted a man who was using a baseball bat to break the glass of his neighbor’s truck window at 4am.

The neighbor asked the intruder what he was doing and that’s when the intruder made threatening remarks to the neighbor and started walking towards him with the baseball bat in hand.

The neighbor felt he had no choice but to shoot the intruder.

It turns out the intruder was the ex-boyfriend of the woman who owned the truck and the home where he showed up with a baseball bat.

The woman had kicked the man out previously due to fear of violence.

Fortunately the woman was not home on this night.

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defense/man-sho...

Now you owe me 82 again.
Armed Man Stops Shooter

Junction City, KS

#4907 Jan 19, 2013
Armed Citizen in TX Stops Shooting Spree and Saves Cop by Making 50+ Yard Shot With a Pistol

2012 August 4

This is a pretty amazing story. An armed private citizen assisted a police officer who was pinned down by the gunfire of a madman who had just killed 3 people and could have killed many more. Amazingly the concerned citizen, Vic Stacy, did so by taking a shot of 50+ yards using only a pistol.

The caliber and gun are unknown, but Stacy mentions a “magnum bullet” which could mean a .357 or .44. Stacy landed multiple shots on the shooter and this allowed the police officer to also land shots with his AR-15 while the suspect was distracted.

Guns.com has a very thorough article at the link at the bottom of this article.

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defense/armed-c...

Make that 92.
Poor Analogy

Junction City, KS

#4908 Jan 19, 2013
Door King wrote:
Pathetic. Easier tham hammering puppies.
FBI: Hammers, Clubs Kill More People Than Rifles, Shotguns

WASHINGTON (CBS DC)– Annual FBI crime statistics show that more people are killed with clubs and hammers each year than by rifles or shotguns.

In 2011, there were 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs. There were 356 murders in which a shotgun was the deadly weapon of choice.

The national debate on guns has grown more intense since Dec. 14, when Adam Lanza forced his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., and killed 20 children and six adults before committing suicide in one of the deadliest school shootings in U.S. history.

Gun vendors told news outlets that the hottest items were such weapons as the AR-15, a semiautomatic rifle that Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., has proposed banning as part of a package of gun regulations. The AR-15 rifle is the same weapon used by Lanza during the elementary school shooting.

The law currently proposed by Sen. Feinstein would strengthen the expired 1994 “Assault Weapons” ban, outlaw certain rifles and handguns, and restrict “high capacity” magazines, in addition to compulsory gun registration under the National Firearms Act, Reuters reports.

“If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them, Mr. and Mrs. America turn them all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren’t here,” Feinstein told MRC-TV in a 1995 interview.

On the other hand, National Rifle Association Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre called on Congress to pass a law putting armed police officers in every school in America in a December press conference.

The number of FBI background checks required for Americans buying guns set a record in December. According to Reuters, the FBI recorded 2.78 million background checks during the month, surpassing the mark set in November of 2.01 million checks – about a 39 percent rise.

The latest monthly figure was up 49 percent over December 2011, when the FBI performed a then-record 1.86 million checks.

The FBI report concedes that some of the “murder by rifle” statistics should be increased slightly because some murders don’t take non-categorized types of guns into account. However, the data still shows that the amount of people killed by hammers, clubs and other blunt instruments still continues to rise each year.

Even as gun purchases rise, the share of U.S. households with a gun has been falling for decades, from 54 percent in 1977 to 32 percent in 2010, according to the University of Chicago’s General Social Survey.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/03/fbi...
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4909 Jan 19, 2013
Poor Analogy wrote:
<quoted text>
FBI: Hammers, Clubs Kill More People Than Rifles, Shotguns
WASHINGTON (CBS DC)– Annual FBI crime statistics show that more people are killed with clubs and hammers each year than by rifles or shotguns.
In 2011, there were 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs. There were 356 murders in which a shotgun was the deadly weapon of choice.
The national debate on guns has grown more intense since Dec. 14, when Adam Lanza forced his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., and killed 20 children and six adults before committing suicide in one of the deadliest school shootings in U.S. history.
Gun vendors told news outlets that the hottest items were such weapons as the AR-15, a semiautomatic rifle that Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., has proposed banning as part of a package of gun regulations. The AR-15 rifle is the same weapon used by Lanza during the elementary school shooting.
The law currently proposed by Sen. Feinstein would strengthen the expired 1994 “Assault Weapons” ban, outlaw certain rifles and handguns, and restrict “high capacity” magazines, in addition to compulsory gun registration under the National Firearms Act, Reuters reports.
“If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them, Mr. and Mrs. America turn them all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren’t here,” Feinstein told MRC-TV in a 1995 interview.
On the other hand, National Rifle Association Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre called on Congress to pass a law putting armed police officers in every school in America in a December press conference.
The number of FBI background checks required for Americans buying guns set a record in December. According to Reuters, the FBI recorded 2.78 million background checks during the month, surpassing the mark set in November of 2.01 million checks – about a 39 percent rise.
The latest monthly figure was up 49 percent over December 2011, when the FBI performed a then-record 1.86 million checks.
The FBI report concedes that some of the “murder by rifle” statistics should be increased slightly because some murders don’t take non-categorized types of guns into account. However, the data still shows that the amount of people killed by hammers, clubs and other blunt instruments still continues to rise each year.
Even as gun purchases rise, the share of U.S. households with a gun has been falling for decades, from 54 percent in 1977 to 32 percent in 2010, according to the University of Chicago’s General Social Survey.
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/03/fbi...
Ignore the 10,550 killed with hand guns. Easier than shooting first graders in a grade school.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4910 Jan 19, 2013
Also ignores the many thousands of accidental non-fatal rifle and shotgun accidents. Easier than murdering audiences at a batman movie.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4911 Jan 19, 2013
The One wrote:
If I post up the other 30 or 40 armed civilian hero stories from 2012 - 2013 that I have, will you be able to come up with 362 - 462 negatives of your own?
You haven't come up with a single one of your own yet; you've cribbed them from gunphuque sites. As I proved. But yes, I could easily. Just look up the number of accidental deaths from guns.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4912 Jan 19, 2013
Offered without comment to account for blunt force injuries: "Findings from one study of violence related injuries suggested that one out of five violence related firearm injuries treated in American hospital emergency departments is associated with being struck by a gun."
The One

Junction City, KS

#4913 Jan 19, 2013
Door King wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't come up with a single one of your own yet; you've cribbed them from gunphuque sites. As I proved. But yes, I could easily. Just look up the number of accidental deaths from guns.
So you say.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4914 Jan 19, 2013
The One wrote:
<quoted text>
So you say.
Easier than shooting students with a bolt action rifle from a tall twoer.
gunowner

United States

#4915 Jan 19, 2013
Door King's argument is weak at best. If the national media would spend the same ammount of time covering stories of "the good guy wins "as they do covering "the bad guy wins " his argument might have some validity. The national left wing biased media will never legitimately cover anything that does nit support their left wing agenda.
This whole debate will end at some point one side will win and the other will feel screwed over by the federal government. The problem is that gun regulation is the states job not a over stepping federal government. Any gun regulation the fed passed down will still have to be enforced by the state should the state choose too.
If the gun grabbers are so confident their argument is valid why not have a public election? I'm sure there could be three or four proposals from the extreme left to the extreme right and a couple in the middle. Let the general population decide. With the corruption by lobbiest and special interest groups in Washington I dont thunk any law would be legitimate.
There are a couple of lines in the constitution that many have forgotten like "we the people " and "for the people by the people " so I say let the people choose not a few career politicians who have lost touch with the people.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4916 Jan 19, 2013
Armed Man Stops Shooter wrote:
Armed Citizen in TX Stops Shooting Spree and Saves Cop by Making 50+ Yard Shot With a Pistol
2012 August 4
This is a pretty amazing story. An armed private citizen assisted a police officer who was pinned down by the gunfire of a madman who had just killed 3 people and could have killed many more. Amazingly the concerned citizen, Vic Stacy, did so by taking a shot of 50+ yards using only a pistol.
The caliber and gun are unknown, but Stacy mentions a “magnum bullet” which could mean a .357 or .44. Stacy landed multiple shots on the shooter and this allowed the police officer to also land shots with his AR-15 while the suspect was distracted.
Guns.com has a very thorough article at the link at the bottom of this article.
http://gunssavelives.net/self-defense/armed-c...
Make that 92.
Just for grins I looked this one up. The entire situation could have been averted with an assault weapons ban. The shooter was armed with an AK-47 with a high capacity magazine. So this is yet another instance of how someone armed with such a weapon can create way more mayhem than he was capable of . All the gunphuque sites you're so fond of quoting carefully left that part out.

Easier than shooting kids on retreat in Norway.

I checked on the story about the actor too. No one was in any danger until vigilantes started firing at the thief. He had already accoplished the theft and was running away. So the two firing at him caused danger, they did not avert it. A prime example of how people who carry guns are a danger to the public. A dozen shots were exchanged. It was only luck that a child wasn't killed.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4917 Jan 19, 2013
http://thenewsdispatch.com/articles/2013/01/1...

Here is what really happened in another of J.C. Gunphuques examples. Note, no one was ever in danger and all the retired cop had to do was call the police. Now I'm not going to fault him for taking the route he took, but if he hadn't had a gun, the country would not have had to pay thousands of dollars in medical bills, and the thieves would have likely been apprehended anyway. You have to ask how this would have turned out if those burglars had been armed. This was not defense, it was offense.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4918 Jan 19, 2013
Oh this is like shooting kids in a Colorado high school.
Door King

Corpus Christi, TX

#4919 Jan 19, 2013
What really happened.

She did defend her property with a gun. Note however, she was in possession of a weapon without a background check as her son gave it to her. It appeared to me that the man used the knife to pry open the cash box. However be my guest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 46 min Christian Patriot 110,418
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr General Robert F Lee 126,390
Election Who are you voting for in the Colorado Governor... (Oct '14) 6 hr Waiting 4It 5
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Kentucky's ... (Oct '14) 23 hr J West 93
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Washingt... (Oct '10) Wed Possibility 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) Tue For sure 104,993
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in West Virgin... (Oct '14) May 22 Backwoods 75