WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange arre...

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange arrested in UK

There are 77 comments on the El Paso Times story from Dec 7, 2010, titled WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange arrested in UK. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

In this Oct. 23, 2010 file photo, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, speaks during a news conference in London.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Soon to be Censored

Kittanning, PA

#1 Dec 7, 2010
Will we ever know who is really pulling our puppet strings?

The freedom of the Internet may soon be curtailed. It has turned out to be a monster for world leaders as they do business in the shadows of society.

If Hillary and her predecessors (and their bosses) had always been honest and always done what was right, they'd have nothing to worry about.

The fact, and the way, that Interpol is involved in this witch hunt is frightening. The media is manipulated and usually owned by "them." It proves that Bilderberg Group has succeeded and that we are now really a one-world government. "They" can find dirt and scandal in the background of anyone if they promise enough money to those who are willing to help assassinate character. Larry Flynt proved that in bringing down politicians by offering a million dollars to each bimbo that would expose a politician (some of whom are now trying to hijack and take over the Tea Party movement). But in the case of the publisher of WikiLeaks, if they can't find anything, they will manufacture if from half-truths. Consider the timing of publicizing these "crimes" which had been allowed to slumber for lack of proof--before the political exposures of WikiLeaks. Above all, they must "discredit" and defame those who dare tell the truth.

"Only the dead are allowed to tell the truth."
--Mark Twain--in reference to some of his rejected manuscripts, published, as he predicted, after his death.
Larry

United States

#3 Dec 7, 2010
He could be in hot water because he didn't use a condom in his sexual assaults which is an especially egregious crime in Sweden. Over there it's basically anything goes as long as you put a wrapper on that thing before you get jiggy. How ironic that the most powerful man in the world could be brought low all because he refused to put a sheath on his sword. You'd think he'd be worried about getting a tingle in his dingle.
Marsellus Wallace

El Paso, TX

#4 Dec 7, 2010
"I'm prepared to scour the the Earth for that muthafawker. If Butch goes to Indochina, I want a brother waiting in a bowl of rice ready to pop a cap in his a/s/s."

Pulp Fiction (1994)
sheila92

El Paso, TX

#5 Dec 7, 2010
Larry wrote:
He could be in hot water because he didn't use a condom in his sexual assaults which is an especially egregious crime in Sweden. Over there it's basically anything goes as long as you put a wrapper on that thing before you get jiggy. How ironic that the most powerful man in the world could be brought low all because he refused to put a sheath on his sword. You'd think he'd be worried about getting a tingle in his dingle.
Not funny
sheila92

El Paso, TX

#6 Dec 7, 2010
We're not talking about sharing secrets between girlfriends about embarrasing events, we're talking about the security of nations. Just because information can be gotten and shared doesn't mean it should be gotten and shared. This is a terrible invasion and violation of our present and future security. This fool should be drawn and quartered in a public square for the world to see. His fool hearted followers should also be severely punished if they continue to reveal our confidential reports.
Larry

United States

#7 Dec 7, 2010
sheila92 wrote:
We're not talking about sharing secrets between girlfriends about embarrasing events, we're talking about the security of nations. Just because information can be gotten and shared doesn't mean it should be gotten and shared. This is a terrible invasion and violation of our present and future security. This fool should be drawn and quartered in a public square for the world to see. His fool hearted followers should also be severely punished if they continue to reveal our confidential reports.
Not funny.
Bird

Billings, MT

#8 Dec 7, 2010
Give him a choice, deportation to Sweden or deportation to Guantanamo until he gives up all the traitors who provided him the documents he released. And don't give me that crap that some feces for brain private provided it. We have some traitors within the upper levels of our State Department again.
Theo

Germany

#9 Dec 7, 2010
poor man, he revealed the truth and uss-regime wants to prosecute him.
Finepix

Taylor, TX

#10 Dec 7, 2010
The Bush Regime gave up the name of a CIA agent and caused deaths to sources. When will his crime come to the attention of the World Court?
Larry

United States

#11 Dec 7, 2010
Finepix wrote:
The Bush Regime gave up the name of a CIA agent and caused deaths to sources. When will his crime come to the attention of the World Court?
Hilarious. Richard Armitage was not part of the "Bush regime." You don't get out too much, do you?
Bird

Billings, MT

#12 Dec 7, 2010
Finepix wrote:
As usual, your post is completely lacking in anything resembling facts. Try getting beyond your perverted agenda and learn a little about what you're talking about.
DEATH

San Antonio, TX

#13 Dec 7, 2010
Assange and his followers should be given the death painfull, and hopefully its a slow death
DEATH

San Antonio, TX

#14 Dec 7, 2010
death penalty that is

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

#15 Dec 7, 2010
Soon to be censored
A wonderful prediction thanks.
Just for you here is a quote.
"These present outrages will flair up and spiral through the news cycle. Yet, the practices will remain in place, and, after a time, become normalized. This has proven to be the case with other previously revealed excesses of the so-call War on Terror and the attendant assaults against civil liberties and breaches of international law incurred in the name of this ongoing, seemingly endless, national psychotic episode e.g., the existence of the “detention camp” at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, the illegal invasions and occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan and those operations concomitant litany of war crimes and affronts to human dignity, such as the acts of torture committed at Abu Ghraib prison — as well as — the whole blood-sodden laundry list of outrages and excesses of present day US imperium.

If there is any hope for the US to ever function as a democratic republic, the revelations, unearthed by Wikileaks, should constitute the beginning of a long, painful process of grim discovery.

First, one must ask: Why is it the corporate media is so deeply invested in promulgating distracting and miss-the-point narratives, hyper-adrenaline arguments of narrowed context and little consequence — and, in general, trafficking in piffle packaged as news and public debate — rather than showing even a passing interest, much less an avidity, for the pursuit of stories that confront power and might present a challenge to the present order?

http://philrockstroh.com/

Cologne- Germany

#16 Dec 7, 2010
I am fair and here is the quote for others

""Yet it is WikiLeaks as the co-ordinator of these other groups that has copped the most vicious attacks and accusations from the US government and its acolytes," he writes. "I have been accused of treason, even though I am an Australian, not a US, citizen.

"There have been dozens of serious calls in the US for me to be 'taken out' by US special forces.

"Sarah Palin said I should be 'hunted down like Osama bin Laden'. A Republican bill sits before the US Senate asking to have me declared a 'transnational threat' and disposed of accordingly. A Canadian adviser to the Canadian Prime Minister's office called on national TV for me to be assassinated.

"An American blogger has called for my 20-year-old son, here in Australia, to be kidnapped and harmed for no other reason than to get at me."

American scholar and activist Noam Chomsky signed an open letter to Ms Gillard yesterday, urging her to make a "strong statement" in support of Mr Assange.

The letter, signed by several lawyers, journalists and politicians, calls for Ms Gillard to confirm Australia's commitment to free political communication and uphold Mr Assange's basic rights.

Mr Assange compares the WikiLeaks revelations to Sir Keith's expose on Australian troops dying on the shores of Gallipoli because of the incompetence of British commanders.

"The British were not happy and tried to shut him up, even arresting him, but Sir Keith would not be silenced and his efforts led to the termination of the disastrous Gallipoli campaign," he says.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-depth/wiki...

Cologne- Germany

#17 Dec 7, 2010
"The Australian, who arrived in court and was supported by several high-profile identities including socialite Kahn, award-winning filmmaker Ken Loach and Australian veteran journalist Pilger, has been in hiding with friends in England since the latest round of diplomatic cables were leaked in a carefully managed global publication exercise.

Pilger later confirmed outside the court that he had donated some surety for the bail attempt: "I was prepared to do it (offer £20,000 as surety) because there was a possibility of an injustice being perpetrated against Julian Assange personally. He has been a doing the job of a journalist and he deserves the support of people who believe that the free flow of information is the bedrock of a democracy."

Six people offered £20,000 each while an anonymous person offered up £60,000.

Speaking after the hearing outside the court, Mr Assange’s lawyer, Mark Stephens, said WikiLeaks would continue, had "many thousands of journalists around the world" and a renewed bail application is being planned.

"We have heard the judge today say that he wishes to see the evidence himself. He was impressed by the fact that a number of people were prepared to stand up on behalf of Mr Assange. In those circumstances I think we will see another bail application," he said.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-n...
NObama

El Paso, TX

#18 Dec 7, 2010
Let him spend a night in jail with Big Bubba!

Cologne- Germany

#19 Dec 7, 2010
Wikki leak is a leak in the toile house . to clean the toilet one should lick the toilet to stop the leak
just candid

AOL

#20 Dec 7, 2010
Soon to be Censored wrote:
Will we ever know who is really pulling our puppet strings?
The freedom of the Internet may soon be curtailed. It has turned out to be a monster for world leaders as they do business in the shadows of society.
If Hillary and her predecessors (and their bosses) had always been honest and always done what was right, they'd have nothing to worry about.
The fact, and the way, that Interpol is involved in this witch hunt is frightening. The media is manipulated and usually owned by "them." It proves that Bilderberg Group has succeeded and that we are now really a one-world government. "They" can find dirt and scandal in the background of anyone if they promise enough money to those who are willing to help assassinate character. Larry Flynt proved that in bringing down politicians by offering a million dollars to each bimbo that would expose a politician (some of whom are now trying to hijack and take over the Tea Party movement). But in the case of the publisher of WikiLeaks, if they can't find anything, they will manufacture if from half-truths. Consider the timing of publicizing these "crimes" which had been allowed to slumber for lack of proof--before the political exposures of WikiLeaks. Above all, they must "discredit" and defame those who dare tell the truth.
"Only the dead are allowed to tell the truth."
--Mark Twain--in reference to some of his rejected manuscripts, published, as he predicted, after his death.

How dare you tell the such truths? I can see it now. All you're going to get for Christmas(if you're lucky) is a lump of dirty coal. Well of course you might get locked up over some trumped up sex crime, but that's something only time can tell.

Cologne- Germany

#21 Dec 7, 2010
NObama wrote:
Let him spend a night in jail with Big Bubba!
Aside from the subject of this thread.
I beg you to keep your original name when you express your views. Because that name will be engraved in your tombstone after your death and not Nobama .
sorry. It is only my spontaneious reaction. No insult

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Wikileaks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S. prosecutors weighing charges against WikiL... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Melissa Dawn Assange 1
News WikiLeaks responds to CIA director's criticisms (Apr '17) Apr '17 Smoke and Mirrors 1
News CIA director slams WikiLeaks as "hostile" intel... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Trump Plotza 25
News WikiLeaks exposes Saudi liquor runs, Clinton's ... (Jun '15) Mar '17 Spicer 6
News What WikiLeaks Really Revealed About the CIA (Mar '17) Mar '17 OrangeKomrade 2
News Obama commutes Chelsea Manning's sentence in Wi... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Compromised at th... 1
News What the WikiLeaks emails tell us about Hillary... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Captain Yesterday 13
More from around the web