Tornado Warning

Tornado Warning

There are 16 comments on the CNN story from Mar 3, 2012, titled Tornado Warning. In it, CNN reports that:

She says the sky turned into a greenish color and while tornado clouds didn't touch down, they came very low before going back up into the sky.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Berea Info

Gardendale, AL

#1 Mar 5, 2012
Considering a move to Berea. Interested in crime, average annual snowfall, subdivisions to live in. Any info appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
djk

Harrodsburg, KY

#2 Mar 5, 2012
ur best bet is stay where ur at, too many here already,lotsa crime drugs rasicm college town/
u better just run why u can.
not a good place to live too many ppl and crime is aweful.
forreal

Lexington, KY

#3 Mar 6, 2012
Berea is a great town. We do have problems that other towns have but, overall there is some great people. The only bad thing is the college runs the town. The city council and mayor are alums of the college. We need to let the college run the college and Berea run Berea.
Berea Info

Gardendale, AL

#4 Mar 7, 2012
Thanks for your responses, Forreal & DJK. The town looks beautiful town regardless!
Berea Info

Gardendale, AL

#5 Mar 7, 2012
* The town looks beautiful regardless!:)
try it out

Harrodsburg, KY

#6 Mar 15, 2012
Berea Info wrote:
* The town looks beautiful regardless!:)
good place to live crime is everywhere we can not get away from it.i like berea i have lived here for 15 yrs.i have lived several places like it better than any place so far.

Since: Jul 11

Lexington, KY

#7 Mar 15, 2012
you can be yourself here, dont have to impress noone, just go to walmart or berea pool to see that, noone really hassles anyone, crime not bad,
several nice subdivisions in berea to select from,
better off buying a house than renting, a small percentage of minorities, liberal arts college in a redneck town, doesn't quite mix well when it comes to religion, homosexuality, rebel flags and interacial marriages. too many lawmen, too many people working for local government, 2 courthouses in 2 different towns, alot of money wasted
Berea info

San Fernando, CA

#8 Mar 17, 2012
Thanks, Try It Out & Blame It On Bush, for the information. The worst-half has traveled to Kentucky for years and loves it. Athough we had visted several cities last year that he has been to, with relocating at the top of our list, neither of us have ever been to Berea. I stumbled upon it while researching all things Kentucky. Seems like a jewel! Now before we make the seven hour drive from the deep south to check things out, just how much snow does Berea average per winter?:)
Berea info

San Fernando, CA

#9 Mar 17, 2012
blameitonbush wrote:
you can be yourself here, dont have to impress noone, just go to walmart or berea pool to see that, noone really hassles anyone, crime not bad,
several nice subdivisions in berea to select from,
better off buying a house than renting, a small percentage of minorities, liberal arts college in a redneck town, doesn't quite mix well when it comes to religion, homosexuality, rebel flags and interacial marriages. too many lawmen, too many people working for local government, 2 courthouses in 2 different towns, alot of money wasted
Thanks! Maybe we will find our way there soon.:)
Berea info

San Fernando, CA

#10 Mar 17, 2012
try it out wrote:
<quoted text>good place to live crime is everywhere we can not get away from it.i like berea i have lived here for 15 yrs.i have lived several places like it better than any place so far.
Sounds like a lovely town. Thanks for the info.:)

Lexington, KY

#11 Mar 17, 2012
Berea info wrote:
Thanks, Try It Out & Blame It On Bush, for the information. The worst-half has traveled to Kentucky for years and loves it. Athough we had visted several cities last year that he has been to, with relocating at the top of our list, neither of us have ever been to Berea. I stumbled upon it while researching all things Kentucky. Seems like a jewel! Now before we make the seven hour drive from the deep south to check things out, just how much snow does Berea average per winter?:)
maybe a total of 6" this year, warm this year, got hammered in 2011, usually mild winter
Berea info

United States

#12 Mar 19, 2012
blameitonbush wrote:
<quoted text>maybe a total of 6" this year, warm this year, got hammered in 2011, usually mild winter
It's the idea of a heavy hammering winter that scares me. Where I am from, most would think it was a heavy winter with only 3".:)
One final question, if I may. A lot of the crime reported in the area seems to be burglaries. Is this a problem city wide or more prone only in certain areas of town?
Thanks again for your help!

Lexington, KY

#13 Mar 19, 2012
Berea info wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the idea of a heavy hammering winter that scares me. Where I am from, most would think it was a heavy winter with only 3".:)
One final question, if I may. A lot of the crime reported in the area seems to be burglaries. Is this a problem city wide or more prone only in certain areas of town?
not a big problem, choose your friends, most crime is dui's or controlled substances, the law seems to have a handle on the town w/o hassling you, not much going on except sports
arts, and academics, low key but good town to live and raise kids
or retire,
Bammer

United States

#14 Mar 19, 2012
blameitonbush wrote:
<quoted text>not a big problem, choose your friends, most crime is dui's or controlled substances, the law seems to have a handle on the town w/o hassling you, not much going on except sports
arts, and academics, low key but good town to live and raise kids
or retire,
Sounds good. Maybe we will make our way up soon to check things out. Thanks again for your input!

Since: Mar 12

United States

#15 Mar 26, 2012
Berea info wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol sorry I have to laugh at 3" being a heavy winter, I just moved to Berea from Massachusetts in Nov 2011 and before I left we got hit with a foot and a half of snow on Holloween and the mayor had to cancel it for the kids. I haven't been here long but the people are nice and there is a relaxing feeling all around it amazes me at Walmart that people are pleasant in line, where I came from there were always impatient people causing a seen. Being a born and raised massachusettian I now know why we get called MassHoles lol, you will love it here. Check it out!
Bammer

Auburn, AL

#16 Mar 28, 2012
Wildtigerjf wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol sorry I have to laugh at 3" being a heavy winter, I just moved to Berea from Massachusetts in Nov 2011 and before I left we got hit with a foot and a half of snow on Holloween and the mayor had to cancel it for the kids. I haven't been here long but the people are nice and there is a relaxing feeling all around it amazes me at Walmart that people are pleasant in line, where I came from there were always impatient people causing a seen. Being a born and raised massachusettian I now know why we get called MassHoles lol, you will love it here. Check it out!
While I am not entirely serious, we tend to get freaked about snow. The moment the forecast is made for even a possibility of it, the ENTIRE population rushes out to buy bread and milk. Why those two items, I still don't understand. The schools, along with other businesses, and the roads close. The road closings are good due to no equipment for clearing (ice is pretty scary) and our inability to drive in any of the stuff. In these parts, shoveling sunshine is a way of life. Anything more brings panic. Thanks for sharing your experience about Berea. We know from visiting other parts of Kentucky just how nice the people of the state are. Berea seems like a lovely place. And although I can't speak about the mass population of Massachusetts, judging by your post Massachusettians aren't all bad.:D Thanks again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Tornado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Daily 202: How Richard Shelby is trying to ... Feb '16 goonsquad 1
News D.C.-area tornado watch (Jun '15) Jun '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 7
Tornado strikes Los Angeles for first time in a... (Dec '14) Dec '14 RayOne 1
News Storms, possible tornado forecast for metro Det... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Steve 2
News Recent tornado outbreak in South may set new re... (Apr '11) Jun '14 ThomasA 416
News Effective tornado-proof houses and rooms: can t... (May '14) May '14 not Angels harps 1
News Obama to view tornado destruction in Arkansas (May '14) May '14 barefoot2626 52
More from around the web