Tornado-ravaged Alabama town to get $...

Tornado-ravaged Alabama town to get $840,000 from FEMA for long-delayed demolition work

There are 5 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jan 11, 2013, titled Tornado-ravaged Alabama town to get $840,000 from FEMA for long-delayed demolition work. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Federal officials say they will give a tornado-ravaged Alabama town $840,000 to fund the long-delayed demolition of nearly its entire downtown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Jan 12, 2013
It only took about a year. That's all.
I wonder how much pork the democrats tried to stuff into this one.
Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#2 Jan 12, 2013
A year!!! Silly me. Almost TWO years. I just can't believe it.
And a whole $840,000 . Gee. What can you demolish with that? A two car garage today?

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#3 Jan 12, 2013
i wonder why fema's fckups were bush's fault when he was president, but, not obama's fault now?

anyone?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#4 Jan 12, 2013
How much does a couple of sticks of dynamite cost?

Another nearly MILLION in tax dollars down the crapper.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#5 Jan 12, 2013
did you idiots even read the (very short) article?

"Concerns over the historical significance of the damaged buildings resulted in delays in federal funding approval."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Tornado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Daily 202: How Richard Shelby is trying to ... Feb '16 goonsquad 1
News D.C.-area tornado watch (Jun '15) Jun '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 7
Tornado strikes Los Angeles for first time in a... (Dec '14) Dec '14 RayOne 1
News Storms, possible tornado forecast for metro Det... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Steve 2
News Recent tornado outbreak in South may set new re... (Apr '11) Jun '14 ThomasA 416
News Effective tornado-proof houses and rooms: can t... (May '14) May '14 not Angels harps 1
News Obama to view tornado destruction in Arkansas (May '14) May '14 barefoot2626 52
More from around the web