Assad still confident that he can con...

Assad still confident that he can control Syria

There are 170 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jan 12, 2013, titled Assad still confident that he can control Syria. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad remains confident that he can ride out the maelstrom engulfing his country, casting into doubt prospects that intensified efforts to negotiate an end to the bloodshed can succeed, according to Syrians familiar with the thinking of the regime.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

George

Red Deer, Canada

#122 Jan 19, 2013
Jude wrote:
<quoted text> you little Alawite explain the slaughter of 100 people with knives and burning of women and children.No space for Shabiha in Syria
He pretends to be in syria but has no clue what is going on in Syria, go figure
Rtloder

Toukley, Australia

#123 Jan 19, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
I never suggested that anybody leaves the forum, or his country, or to be reported; as you did many times; and as Dominic keeps doing.
It's being reported this latest adventure into Mali by France is the fifty first since 1960, probably Britain is one or two more. It is not surprising to learn this could be a show type invasion to gauge the appetite for a massive excretion in to Africa not just to advantage the bottom line of the wealthy
but rather as a means for National survival for both Britain and France.
Neither Country has a sustainable future, and neither can they make the necessary adjustments to compete on the open market in manufacturing or resource provision. High tech. is coming close to evening out, India will soon surpass both Britain and France.
There is only 2 choices for a future, recolonise Africa and the Middle East, or sack a lot of the parasites, piss off the stupid Queen and make a determined effort to live like human beings.
Grand Mufti

Sheffield, UK

#124 Jan 20, 2013
India will soon surpass both Britain and France?

What in? Gang raping little girls? Listen I have no animosity towards India but that country has serious poverty, class structure and rape issues and still receives aid from the UK so stop kidding yourself.

Calling the Queen stupid doesn't do you any favours either.

The world now knows that Assad is here to stay. The Syrian rebels are nothing but terrorists and I hope Assad kills every last remaining one.

Go Bashar!
Syrian national

Syria

#125 Jan 20, 2013
Jude wrote:
<quoted text> yes his skeletons maybe.Assadls has opened his now powerless to persecution through the genocide he is committing with his Shabiha. Mene Mene Tekel Uparsin. Believe me you cannot bomb people to submission
You stay out of that..In case you are not happy with that come to Syria..Then, we will have one terrorist less in count
Syrian fighter

Syria

#126 Jan 20, 2013
Assad is here to stay 100 years whether some like it or not...a lot have tried to move him and failed so far...
Syrian Christian

Syria

#127 Jan 20, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
He pretends to be in syria but has no clue what is going on in Syria, go figure
You go sleep with the deers where you belong..Mouhamed George...Shame on you
Syrian Christian

Syria

#128 Jan 20, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
He pretends to be in syria but has no clue what is going on in Syria, go figure
How about sending you to Canada some of these islamist fundamentalists...So they will castrate you and put you in a Harem for toy play
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#129 Jan 20, 2013
Syrian fighter wrote:
Assad is here to stay 100 years whether some like it or not...a lot have tried to move him and failed so far...
This "revolution" is now going nowhere. The West has woken up to the fact that they are backing terrorists and extremists.
ocxz

Argenteuil, France

#130 Jan 20, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
He pretends to be in syria but has no clue what is going on in Syria, go figure
And it's a dumb fcuk from la La land that pretends to know what's going on in Syria, right ?
Hilarious.
ocxz

Argenteuil, France

#131 Jan 20, 2013
Syrian Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
How about sending you to Canada some of these islamist fundamentalists...So they will castrate you and put you in a Harem for toy play
The fundamentalists must bring a big magnifying glass in order to castrate his peas.
Chris

Toronto, Canada

#133 Jan 20, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Russians and US are talking and the Russians know very well what is being planned but are trying their own methods. There may even be a point that the parties have agreed to be a "gone too far" point where the west will step in and end the war.
Under which law? Well that would have to be under a war crimes law and respect for humans law, there is no such thing as a sovereign nation having the freedom to kill its own people whenever it wants and will have to answer to fellow human beings for such actions.Russia will support this eventually, they are not animals.
There are two interpretations on what is going on in Syria. One is Western interpretation; blaming the Assad. Another interpretation is from all the rest of the World population; blaming the criminals, whom the West and Gulf Monarchs finance, train, and push into the country. And you are suggesting that the West steps up, goes into the Syria, and clears out the mess. According to which logic, the culprit would go in, and resolve the conflict? Because for non-West, the West is the culprit!
Avenger

Kitchener, Canada

#134 Jan 20, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
There are two interpretations on what is going on in Syria. One is Western interpretation; blaming the Assad. Another interpretation is from all the rest of the World population; blaming the criminals, whom the West and Gulf Monarchs finance, train, and push into the country. And you are suggesting that the West steps up, goes into the Syria, and clears out the mess. According to which logic, the culprit would go in, and resolve the conflict? Because for non-West, the West is the culprit!
Hardly Chrisy nice spin doctoring thou. lol
133 countries voted against the Assad dictatorship attacks against it's own population protesting.
12 supported Assad regime crackdown.

Do you even read news?
George

Red Deer, Canada

#135 Jan 20, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
There are two interpretations on what is going on in Syria. One is Western interpretation; blaming the Assad. Another interpretation is from all the rest of the World population; blaming the criminals, whom the West and Gulf Monarchs finance, train, and push into the country. And you are suggesting that the West steps up, goes into the Syria, and clears out the mess. According to which logic, the culprit would go in, and resolve the conflict? Because for non-West, the West is the culprit!
Only according to the 4 or 5 of you on this forum, the rest of the world has voted many many times, if you recall Russia and China vetoed 2 of those votes and Russia tried to present its own paper for vote, Remember????
Dominic

UK

#136 Jan 20, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
There are two interpretations on what is going on in Syria. One is Western interpretation; blaming the Assad. Another interpretation is from all the rest of the World population; blaming the criminals, whom the West and Gulf Monarchs finance, train, and push into the country. And you are suggesting that the West steps up, goes into the Syria, and clears out the mess. According to which logic, the culprit would go in, and resolve the conflict? Because for non-West, the West is the culprit!
I didn't know that Saudi Arabia and Qatar were western countries? Does the rest of the world in your geography just include Russia and china??
Chris

Toronto, Canada

#137 Jan 20, 2013
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly Chrisy nice spin doctoring thou. lol
133 countries voted against the Assad dictatorship attacks against it's own population protesting.
12 supported Assad regime crackdown.
Do you even read news?
As always narrow minded!

There are still 60 Countries, which did not vote for the resolution. But I mentioned the non-Western Populations, if you missed that; which means non-Western People, not the States.

One U.S. politician called Iraq invading “Coalition of the Willing”,“the Coalition of the Bullied and Bribed”; that is why I talked about people, and not the Puppets that preside over them. You are forgetting that recent wars involve the Western States, against non-Western population; individuals, or groups. Remember 9/11, and the events afterwards. In Afghanistan NATO is fighting the Taliban; which is part of Afghanistan population. In Mali French are fighting the Group of Islamists; a part of an African population.

Non-Western population overwhelmingly blames the West for the events in Syria, and other conflicts around the world.
Chris

Toronto, Canada

#138 Jan 20, 2013
Dominic wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know that Saudi Arabia and Qatar were western countries? Does the rest of the world in your geography just include Russia and china??
Everybody by now knows, except maybe you, that the West and Gulf Monarchs work together, and therefore if the West is blamed, their associates are blamed too.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#139 Jan 20, 2013
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly Chrisy nice spin doctoring thou. lol
133 countries voted against the Assad dictatorship attacks against it's own population protesting.
12 supported Assad regime crackdown.
Do you even read news?
The countries of the world are constantly voting against Israel as well! Perhaps the world should back an end to their "regime"!
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#140 Jan 20, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
As always narrow minded!
There are still 60 Countries, which did not vote for the resolution. But I mentioned the non-Western Populations, if you missed that; which means non-Western People, not the States.
One U.S. politician called Iraq invading “Coalition of the Willing”,“the Coalition of the Bullied and Bribed”; that is why I talked about people, and not the Puppets that preside over them. You are forgetting that recent wars involve the Western States, against non-Western population; individuals, or groups. Remember 9/11, and the events afterwards. In Afghanistan NATO is fighting the Taliban; which is part of Afghanistan population. In Mali French are fighting the Group of Islamists; a part of an African population.
Non-Western population overwhelmingly blames the West for the events in Syria, and other conflicts around the world.
Exactly!!!
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#141 Jan 20, 2013
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly Chrisy nice spin doctoring thou. lol
133 countries voted against the Assad dictatorship attacks against it's own population protesting.
12 supported Assad regime crackdown.
Do you even read news?
The countries of the world are constantly voting against Israel as well! Perhaps they should support an end to the Israeli "regime"!
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#142 Jan 20, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
As always narrow minded!
There are still 60 Countries, which did not vote for the resolution. But I mentioned the non-Western Populations, if you missed that; which means non-Western People, not the States.
One U.S. politician called Iraq invading “Coalition of the Willing”,“the Coalition of the Bullied and Bribed”; that is why I talked about people, and not the Puppets that preside over them. You are forgetting that recent wars involve the Western States, against non-Western population; individuals, or groups. Remember 9/11, and the events afterwards. In Afghanistan NATO is fighting the Taliban; which is part of Afghanistan population. In Mali French are fighting the Group of Islamists; a part of an African population.
Non-Western population overwhelmingly blames the West for the events in Syria, and other conflicts around the world.
Exactly!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Syria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After deal, IS allowed to leave Syria-Lebanon b... Aug '17 Jeff Brightone 1
News Haley says warning to Syria also aimed at Russi... Jun '17 Ms Sassy 1
News Israeli minister reportedly says it is time to ... (May '17) May '17 James 1
News Syria after the war: What an effective, inclusi... (May '17) May '17 James 1
News Syria's chemical program: Rubio 'gravely concer... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Death on 2 Legs 3
News US, Russia trade claims on chemical weapons in ... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Frogmouth Trump 46
News Tillerson in Moscow, getting in line with Haley... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Bryan Fischer s H... 1
More from around the web