Syria's neighbors cautious about U.S....

Syria's neighbors cautious about U.S.-led intervention

There are 117 comments on the Reuters story from Apr 28, 2013, titled Syria's neighbors cautious about U.S.-led intervention. In it, Reuters reports that:

Syria's neighbors, wary of stirring a conflict that could spill back over their borders, would be reluctant partners in a U.S.-led intervention but are ultimately likely to support limited military action if widespread use of chemical weapons is proven.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Lamer

Piqua, OH

#42 Apr 29, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I'm for real. I voted for him. That does not mean I approve of everything he does. I've got plenty of examples, but let's start with one big one. Patriot Act. You approve or not? Oh, let's mention another one, drones filling the skies of the US spying and watching all of us 24/7.
NDAA, assassination of US citizens, telecom spying/immunity, indefinite detention w/o charges, seizing of all electronics within 100 miles of the border (majority of Americans).

You could go on but that pretty much covers the basics

“I laugh at Robo Posters”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#43 Apr 29, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
America is weak. Have you forgotten how bush took us to two wars against nations with no military what-so-ever and couldn't win. WW2 was won in less time than bush took to lose in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Have you forgotten how Obama took us to 5 new wars and one excalation..........and maybe 7.

Syrian General:'I Was Given an Order to Use' Chemical Weapons

Syrian brigadier general Zaher al-Saket revealed on Al-Arabiya TV that he had been given orders to use chemical weapons against rebels:

Obama: I drew a line in the sand......Syria kicks sand in his face.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#44 Apr 29, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I'm for real. I voted for him. That does not mean I approve of everything he does. I've got plenty of examples, but let's start with one big one. Patriot Act. You approve or not? Oh, let's mention another one, drones filling the skies of the US spying and watching all of us 24/7.
The Patriot Act has had an effect in reduction in national terrorist attacks and increaqsing our security....though, it may be a bit heavy handed, that maybe due to Bush/Cheney initiated it......."drones filling the skys"?....Really?.....I understand, you are a bit all over...but my original point was about presenting a sense of consistancy from one administration to the next.....
Senior Citizen

Granite City, IL

#45 Apr 29, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong. I am not defending Obama, just that McCain has foot in mouth disease. It appears he is taking lessons from Romney first complaining we didn't attack quickly enough, then saying we should not attack, then saying we have to attack. No matter what happens, McCain is opposed to Obama.
It makes it really hard to believe anything McCain says. The whole republican party is obstinate for the sake of being obstinate. Instead they could gain some ground if they actually made proposals and stood by them.(Note, I am not saying Obama does that, in fact he doesn't. He just caves to every republican demand, never giving his base anything. This is much of the reason for the republican implosion. First they say something, then Obama gives it to them, then they have to oppose it; the whole party continuously flip flops.)
Not true - Obama said after this second election it is was going to be his way or no way. He signed the sequester and has done everything he can to weaken America. He refused to move money around on the Air traffic controllers until the people got so made at him that he knew he had to do something. Obama is POWER hungry and will use anyone he can to gain what he wants. He stomped all over the graves of those 22 kids and really got mad at the Reps when his bill did not pass the SENATE which is DEMS. He signs executive orders to keep him and Holder out of the hands of the people and then there is the VIDEO LIE - he is a loser.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#46 Apr 29, 2013
Senior Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Obama that drew the red line.
Yes and the only line that teabaggers can't wait for Obama to cross.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#47 Apr 29, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>The Patriot Act has had an effect in reduction in national terrorist attacks and increaqsing our security....though, it may be a bit heavy handed, that maybe due to Bush/Cheney initiated it......."drones filling the skys"?....Really?.....I understand, you are a bit all over...but my original point was about presenting a sense of consistancy from one administration to the next.....
Look, don't act like a teabagger. Don't sit there and approve eveything he does like a Kock Bros puppet. Just because you voted for the man doesn't mean you can't criticize the things he's doing, when you criticized Bush for doing the same things. And I'm not all over the place. I'll ask you this question. Do you want Obama to listen to the likes of McCain and cross his own self imposed 'red line' in the Syrian quagmire of bullshit?

Hypoluxo Fl

#48 Apr 29, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>The Patriot Act has had an effect in reduction in national terrorist attacks and increaqsing our security....though, it may be a bit heavy handed, that maybe due to Bush/Cheney initiated it......."drones filling the skys"?....Really?.....I understand, you are a bit all over...but my original point was about presenting a sense of consistancy from one administration to the next.....
The main thing the UNpatriot Act has done is strip every one of us of our basic rights. The only reason the moron Boston Marathon bomber was read his rights is because he was caught on national television. If Homeland Insecurity comes to your door at three in the morning, you'll be 'disappeared'. You ain't gonna get read your Miranda rights. They don't really exist anymore.
Senior Citizen

Granite City, IL

#49 Apr 29, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and the only line that teabaggers can't wait for Obama to cross.
Get real -teabaggers do not have to wait for anything - he has already crossed the line - went into Libya without Congress approval because he said he was working with the UN - SINCE WHEN DOES THE UN DICTATE TO AMERICA.

Location hidden

#50 Apr 29, 2013
Mykro, you've become too beligerant in your hatred and opinions to hold a proper conversation.....i have disagreed with the President on entitlements, foreign and military aid, and on Afghanistan.....
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#51 Apr 29, 2013
Senior Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Get real -teabaggers do not have to wait for anything - he has already crossed the line - went into Libya without Congress approval because he said he was working with the UN - SINCE WHEN DOES THE UN DICTATE TO AMERICA.
I would bet as far back as Korea.

Hypoluxo Fl

#52 Apr 29, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Mykro, you've become too beligerant in your hatred and opinions to hold a proper conversation.....i have disagreed with the President on entitlements, foreign and military aid, and on Afghanistan.....
So you disagreed on Clusterfuckistan but you want him to support the Al-Queda backed rebels and mire us down in the desert qicksand? No matter which side we're on in Sandland, we're on the wrong side. I'm so sorry you think my questioning Obama, you, and the teabag troglodyte brigade is belligerent. This is our job, to question what they do.

Location hidden

#53 Apr 30, 2013
Senior Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Did'nt we fly missions over Libya, at the request of NATO? As i recall, member Italy requested aid in Libya....
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#55 Apr 30, 2013
Senior Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true - Obama said after this second election it is was going to be his way or no way. He signed the sequester and has done everything he can to weaken America. He refused to move money around on the Air traffic controllers until the people got so made at him that he knew he had to do something. Obama is POWER hungry and will use anyone he can to gain what he wants. He stomped all over the graves of those 22 kids and really got mad at the Reps when his bill did not pass the SENATE which is DEMS. He signs executive orders to keep him and Holder out of the hands of the people and then there is the VIDEO LIE - he is a loser.
LOL, you are listening to right wing "news" sources, who, after lying to the public repeated got sued. The case went to the USSC where, instead of saying they weren't lying, said it was perfectly OK for a "news" source to lie to the public. The right wing USSC agreed and said they could lie all they want. Now you appear to be believing those lies.
For example, the sequester said explicitly that the money had to be cut from the FAA. Had he not withheld the money he would have been breaking the law.
As to signing the sequester, yes, that was pretty stupid. Giving everything the GOP could ever hope for, after their refusal to negotiate on anything was just further indication Obama is a closet republican.
The funny part is there are a great many reasons to oppose Obama, you just don't seem to know what they are.

Hypoluxo Fl

#56 Apr 30, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>They have to try to mask the fact that Obama is a limp dick, just like Collins.
No information, no dick, no brains, Birther Nut DUMBOSPAMBOT.
Senior Citizen

Granite City, IL

#57 Apr 30, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you are listening to right wing "news" sources, who, after lying to the public repeated got sued. The case went to the USSC where, instead of saying they weren't lying, said it was perfectly OK for a "news" source to lie to the public. The right wing USSC agreed and said they could lie all they want. Now you appear to be believing those lies.
For example, the sequester said explicitly that the money had to be cut from the FAA. Had he not withheld the money he would have been breaking the law.
As to signing the sequester, yes, that was pretty stupid. Giving everything the GOP could ever hope for, after their refusal to negotiate on anything was just further indication Obama is a closet republican.

The funny part is there are a great many reasons to oppose Obama, you just don't seem to know what they are.
We are about to find out about Benghazi - there is an eye witness that is talking and the government employees have been told they will lose their jobs if they talk.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/29/ob...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

Location hidden

#58 Apr 30, 2013
Senior Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
...NATO REQUESTED......Congressionally approved Treaty with NATO.....
Senior Citizen

Granite City, IL

#59 Apr 30, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Did'nt we fly missions over Libya, at the request of NATO? As i recall, member Italy requested aid in Libya....
Read it for yourself. The request was from UN - NATO troops were on the ground. Obama went around Congress.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...

Hypoluxo Fl

#60 Apr 30, 2013
Senior Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
We are about to find out about Benghazi - there is an eye witness that is talking and the government employees have been told they will lose their jobs if they talk.
Two frightwingnut sites. Now we know where you get most of your DRIVEL.

Location hidden

#61 Apr 30, 2013
Senior Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Read it for yourself. The request was from UN - NATO troops were on the ground. Obama went around Congress.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
Your far right BS, all makes sense now.....hate to see any senior die that full of it.....
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#62 Apr 30, 2013
Senior Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being lied to. Your post of a link to Fox news means there is no credibility whatsoever.

I don't understand how anyone can listen to this nonsense. You have to actively forget what they said yesterday to believe the new nonsense today. You have to practice wanton ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Syria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Syria's Assad prays as his troops suffer high toll (Jul '14) Jul '15 Syrian Hawk 2
News Watchdogs claim Syria's Kurdish militia still u... Jul '15 Jim 1
News ISIS gains more territory in Syria - VIDEO: Is ... Jul '15 Romi 3
News ISIL video said to show mass execution at Syria... Jul '15 Romi 1
News Aid Group: Thousands Flee Fighting in Syria's H... Jun '15 Max 1
News Putin urges US to hold off on striking Syria (Aug '13) Jun '15 swedenforever 61
News Secret CIA effort in Syria faces large funding cut Jun '15 Gary 2
More from around the web