U.S. opposes supply of shoulder-fired...

U.S. opposes supply of shoulder-fired missiles to Syria rebels

There are 15 comments on the The Baltimore Sun story from Feb 18, 2014, titled U.S. opposes supply of shoulder-fired missiles to Syria rebels. In it, The Baltimore Sun reports that:

A damaged building is pictured in Babila town, southeast Damascus, after a local ceasefire agreement was reached between the opposition and regime forces WASHINGTON - The United States is opposed to the supply of shoulder-fired missiles, capable of taking down warplanes, to rebel forces in Syria, a senior Obama administration official said on ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Baltimore Sun.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Feb 18, 2014
Yeah. It seems that Kerry has not completely lost his mind yet. What they should do is end this war and stop the unnecessary bloodshed
mxlplx

South Burlington, VT

#2 Feb 18, 2014
US opposes - by whom? By Saudi Arabia, I assume.

Kerry is being very brave. Were the Saudi puppet strings finally beginning to chafe his armpits?

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Feb 18, 2014
mxlplx wrote:
US opposes - by whom? By Saudi Arabia, I assume.
Kerry is being very brave. Were the Saudi puppet strings finally beginning to chafe his armpits?
Kerry has no choice. Obama has painted the US Government into a strategic corner. Russia, Iran and China are not going to allow USA direct intervention in Syria because it is on their borders. But the Saudis have different ideas. Fortunately, Kerry has enough sense to know that there is a line drawn in the sand. He knows the USA cannot cross it. But Saudi Arabia and the others are not being rational. They are being sectarian and are willing to act irrationally in order to achieve what they want. In other words, the time has come to stop the killing. But the Saudis do not care how much the Syrian people have to suffer.
EastisRed

Santa Rita, Guam

#4 Feb 18, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Kerry has no choice. Obama has painted the US Government into a strategic corner. Russia, Iran and China are not going to allow USA direct intervention in Syria because it is on their borders. But the Saudis have different ideas. Fortunately, Kerry has enough sense to know that there is a line drawn in the sand. He knows the USA cannot cross it. But Saudi Arabia and the others are not being rational. They are being sectarian and are willing to act irrationally in order to achieve what they want. In other words, the time has come to stop the killing. But the Saudis do not care how much the Syrian people have to suffer.
I agree. And to emphasize the Saudis reckless behavior, they were the ones who instigated the rebels to fire off the chemical weapons last August to fool the world the Syrian government did it. I don't like Kerry bc he says Assad has to go. That's regime change. But Kerry has to tell the Saudis not to arm the insurgents with missiles.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#5 Feb 18, 2014
EastisRed wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. And to emphasize the Saudis reckless behavior, they were the ones who instigated the rebels to fire off the chemical weapons last August to fool the world the Syrian government did it. I don't like Kerry bc he says Assad has to go. That's regime change. But Kerry has to tell the Saudis not to arm the insurgents with missiles.
Really, you actually put that in writing??? Well you fit right in with these guys and they will give you the high 5 and a pat on the bum, but get ready for a few nasty comments.

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Feb 19, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, you actually put that in writing??? Well you fit right in with these guys and they will give you the high 5 and a pat on the bum, but get ready for a few nasty comments.
The war is over, Georgie-boy. It is just a matter of wiping up. Those rats who brains in their heads will take whatever deal the Syrian government offers. If they think advanced weapons will save them, they are insane. The best they can achieve is to prolong a war that has already been lost. If necessary, Iran and Russia will double the size of Hizbollah and recruit un-married women to active combat roles for the Syrian army. That means twice as many barrel bombs and ground troops to move in to clean up after the bombing. I know this is too much for your little pea brain. It gives you a headache to think this much. Right? Go take two aspirins and call me in the morning.

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Feb 19, 2014
One last point, Georgie. israel is not going to like having all those un-controlled advanced weapons systems on their borders. We can expect them to get on their hands and knees and beg Kerry and Obama to not allow those weapons into Syria.
Avenger

Cambridge, Canada

#9 Feb 19, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
The war is over, Georgie-boy. It is just a matter of wiping up. Those rats who brains in their heads will take whatever deal the Syrian government offers. If they think advanced weapons will save them, they are insane. The best they can achieve is to prolong a war that has already been lost. If necessary, Iran and Russia will double the size of Hizbollah and recruit un-married women to active combat roles for the Syrian army. That means twice as many barrel bombs and ground troops to move in to clean up after the bombing. I know this is too much for your little pea brain. It gives you a headache to think this much. Right? Go take two aspirins and call me in the morning.
Looks who's talking about pea brains.
You're about as clued out as they get Abby the war isn't over there is no end in sight.

Find that 10 bucks for your kid yet or are you still penniless? Hehe
George

Red Deer, Canada

#10 Feb 19, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you said the war was over when that town surrendered?? I have no problem with the war being over, however this is Arabs we are talking about and they have nasty tempers and very strong revenge in their hearts. Hezbollah??? I think their numbers are dropping like flies, parents are no longer letting their young one do the fighting for some fat old retard that thinks he is king, so they say do it yourself, Lebanon has had enough with them and the ISIS are playing with them now to totally collapse their numbers, check it out. I do not see this war ending for at least 6 months, they want Assad, if he will not step down they will push him down the stairs. The manpads are now in the hands of al Qaeda and the Syrian Rebels, jets and helicopters are a little more nervous about taking a joy ride with a stock pile of barrel bombs, when they get hit there wont be enough parts of them to recognize, think the pilots will still fly?? oh yeah they are Arabs as well, kill or be killed.

Assad has made far too many mistakes to get forgiveness now, IF he lives he will be a prisoner in his own home and it will not be the palace but some compound in the desert where he can hire some goons to look every direction to keep him from being planted and used for a bicycle stand. Throw that into your pea brain.
cirockone chuckie

New York, NY

#12 Feb 19, 2014
When the war ends assad will be king he had the nut to fight all this terrorist funded by Saudi the west and Israel one men standing as sad will prevail

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Feb 20, 2014
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks who's talking about pea brains.
You're about as clued out as they get Abby the war isn't over there is no end in sight.
Find that 10 bucks for your kid yet or are you still penniless? Hehe
Apparently Obama and Kerry are not ready to stop killing Syrians yet. But that mess is over. It has been decided and the Obama/Kerry side has lost big time. When you lose a war, the civilized thing to do is make peace and stop the un-necessary slaughter of innocents.

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Feb 20, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you said the war was over when that town surrendered?? I have no problem with the war being over, however this is Arabs we are talking about and they have nasty tempers and very strong revenge in their hearts. Hezbollah??? I think their numbers are dropping like flies, parents are no longer letting their young one do the fighting for some fat old retard that thinks he is king, so they say do it yourself, Lebanon has had enough with them and the ISIS are playing with them now to totally collapse their numbers, check it out. I do not see this war ending for at least 6 months, they want Assad, if he will not step down they will push him down the stairs. The manpads are now in the hands of al Qaeda and the Syrian Rebels, jets and helicopters are a little more nervous about taking a joy ride with a stock pile of barrel bombs, when they get hit there wont be enough parts of them to recognize, think the pilots will still fly?? oh yeah they are Arabs as well, kill or be killed.
Assad has made far too many mistakes to get forgiveness now, IF he lives he will be a prisoner in his own home and it will not be the palace but some compound in the desert where he can hire some goons to look every direction to keep him from being planted and used for a bicycle stand. Throw that into your pea brain.
My side has not even begun to fight yet. We have not mobilized women and young men and old men. By the time this thing is over, Hizbollah is likely to be three times its original size. With an un-employed army that big on israel's borders....well, I do not need to tell that they might get bored and wiped out northern israel. But I hope they do

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Feb 20, 2014
cirockone chuckie wrote:
When the war ends assad will be king he had the nut to fight all this terrorist funded by Saudi the west and Israel one men standing as sad will prevail
Long Live the Syrian Arab Republic
George

Red Deer, Canada

#16 Feb 20, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
My side has not even begun to fight yet. We have not mobilized women and young men and old men. By the time this thing is over, Hizbollah is likely to be three times its original size. With an un-employed army that big on israel's borders....well, I do not need to tell that they might get bored and wiped out northern israel. But I hope they do
yeah, triple in size to 450? mostly old men and women and scared childred, aren't they an honorable bunch of leaders, and they will stay in Lebanon so they do not break a nail, retards. However even they are not stupid enough to make threats to Israel.
Jude

Europe

#17 Feb 20, 2014
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Long Live the Syrian Arab Republic
Long live free Syrian Republic. Down with Assad brothers,down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Syria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After deal, IS allowed to leave Syria-Lebanon b... (Aug '17) Aug '17 Jeff Brightone 1
News Haley says warning to Syria also aimed at Russi... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Ms Sassy 1
News Israeli minister reportedly says it is time to ... (May '17) May '17 James 1
News Syria after the war: What an effective, inclusi... (May '17) May '17 James 1
News Syria's chemical program: Rubio 'gravely concer... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Death on 2 Legs 3
News US, Russia trade claims on chemical weapons in ... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Frogmouth Trump 46
News Tillerson in Moscow, getting in line with Haley... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Bryan Fischer s H... 1