Iraqi al-Qaeda and Syria militants announce merger

Apr 9, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: USA Today

Rebels from al-Qaeda affiliated Jabhat al-Nusra, wave their brigade flag as they step on the top of a Syrian air force helicopter, at Taftanaz air base in Jan.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Syrian

Waterford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

So we finally see the true face of the rebellion!!
mxlplx

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Wait, though....maybe this salafist caliphate without borders they fight t create is really a multi-ethnic, sectarian-tolerant grass roots democracy in the making?

And I've got a bridge in Lagos I'll sell you for a mere down payment.
Taliban spokesman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

We big democrats, you send weapons please. We be good, promise! Not send opium near schools. Good trade, no?
Fighter

Kundan, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

And these infidels are going to impose democracy in syria..their western and gulf sponsored are seem be happiest after this merger...these terrorist nations are now going to pump more weapons at the hand of al qaeda.
Falcon

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

All that these backers have done through their meddling has created stronger bonds between extremest terrorists, which believe me will have greater consequences for the future. This planet is becoming smaller not because of advancements but rather because of threats and dangers that are being bred. Countries are not becoming poorer because of depleting resources, but because of elitists engineering economical collapses and wars...
Jude

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

These men are Assad's guest of honourThey will leave Syria immediately their host leaves or dies. Their sacrifice cannot be in vain. But at the end Syria people will have larger voice through same determination and peacefull protest they maintained amid bullets and bombs. So to all friends of the peoples revolution...For now fight the brutal dictator.
Falcon

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Jude wrote:
These men are Assad's guest of honourThey will leave Syria immediately their host leaves or dies. Their sacrifice cannot be in vain. But at the end Syria people will have larger voice through same determination and peacefull protest they maintained amid bullets and bombs. So to all friends of the peoples revolution...For now fight the brutal dictator.
Yes, I respect the fact that Assad is a vile monster that needs to be replaced and should have been years ago, but please if you think those parasites are going to just pack their bags and leave than your living in a dream world!! If Assad gets taken out you can be sure the strongest group will have a go at the seat of power. Let's not even discuss the potential of an all out war between the rebel factions come a power vacuum. Its in the BEST INTEREST for al nursa or any other significant extremist group to take power in Syria in order to stage more threatening attacks against Israel and dominate in that region.

How about the situation in Mali, as soon as there was a vacuum of power or weakness those parasites moved in for good and instituted shareal law!! They would have probably pushed south if nato didn't intervene... So keep living in your retarded fantasy world...

“It's Time to Defeat Terrorism ”

Since: May 11

NYC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Just another success of Obama in pushing forward the Mozlem Brother terrorists of al Qaida in Syria similar to the expansion of al Qaida over Northern Africa countries including Egypt, Tunisia and Libya. US embassy in Benghazi before the 9-11-13 attack that killed Ambassador Stevens now said to be involved in providing arms to the Syrian opposition and the al Qaida terrorists from Iraq that have connections with the Syrian terrorists as well as the Libyan al Qaida that were involved in removing Gaddafi from power and killing him with the support of NATO air strikes. Why it is interest of the American people to provide arms to the al Qaida terrorists from Iraq that are now united with the Syrian terrorists?
ocxz

Saint-denis, Reunion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Jeff Brightone wrote:
Just another success of Obama in pushing forward the Mozlem Brother terrorists of al Qaida in Syria similar to the expansion of al Qaida over Northern Africa countries including Egypt, Tunisia and Libya. US embassy in Benghazi before the 9-11-13 attack that killed Ambassador Stevens now said to be involved in providing arms to the Syrian opposition and the al Qaida terrorists from Iraq that have connections with the Syrian terrorists as well as the Libyan al Qaida that were involved in removing Gaddafi from power and killing him with the support of NATO air strikes. Why it is interest of the American people to provide arms to the al Qaida terrorists from Iraq that are now united with the Syrian terrorists?
That's US foreign policy for you.
Always war, destabilisation of countries, provoked regime change...
Been going on for decades.
Dont Care

Welland, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

mxlplx wrote:
Wait, though....maybe this salafist caliphate without borders they fight t create is really a multi-ethnic, sectarian-tolerant grass roots democracy in the making?
And I've got a bridge in Lagos I'll sell you for a mere down payment.
How big is the down payment?
mxlplx

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Falcon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I respect the fact that ....blah, blah, blah
'vile monster' LMAO

You're a pliable puppet who dances on the heart strings of the media and the powers that be.

Facts, by design, have deluded us all from day one of this conflict.

That said, far more death, devastation and so-called 'collateral damage' in far more conflicts has been wrought by those who would have you believe they populate some moral 'high ground'. So, save your breath, or at least consider breath mints.
mxlplx

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

facts have 'eluded', not deluded - although both have their place.
Falcon

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

mxlplx wrote:
<quoted text>
'vile monster' LMAO
You're a pliable puppet who dances on the heart strings of the media and the powers that be.
Facts, by design, have deluded us all from day one of this conflict.
That said, far more death, devastation and so-called 'collateral damage' in far more conflicts has been wrought by those who would have you believe they populate some moral 'high ground'. So, save your breath, or at least consider breath mints.
Ok mlxplx , I don't support those crazed terrorist rebels, as we all know what they consist of and who is backing them. But I know that Assad doesn't give a shit about his populace either and is only fighting for his small elites interests that have marginalised and abused its people. Both sides can rot in hell... The bigger picture unfortunately is that Assad needs to stop the US and nato from claiming yet another country and moving onto iran next. If Assad can defeat the US and allies than perhaps it would be saving more lives in an even bloodier conflict which could lead to ww3. So I do agree that america should back off because their quest for power in the region will only lead to a great catastrophe to greater mankind... Assad will probably in the end though.

Ps my breath only carries the scent of reason :)
George

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

I heard tell that Assad is carpet bombing with napalm, white phosphorus and all kinds of FDA approved chemicals now.
Mitt Romulan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

I heard that Obama is reluctant to get involved mainly because a lot of depleted uranium shells would be left lying around and Iranian agents might scoop them up and enrich it.

Anyway, that's what Bibi told me.
George

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

You're just an idiot. No wonder you lost the election. I, meanwhile, left that God-awful Canadian frozen tundra and moved to the US, where most people don't even know where Syria is.
Red East

Santa Rita, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Mitt Romulan wrote:
I heard that Obama is reluctant to get involved mainly because a lot of depleted uranium shells would be left lying around and Iranian agents might scoop them up and enrich it.
Anyway, that's what Bibi told me.
lol
Pax Americana

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Falcon wrote:
<quoted text>
So I do agree that america should back off because their quest for power in the region will only lead to a great catastrophe to greater mankind.
Our quest for power is insatiable. It's a tough burden but someone's got to bear it.
Pax Uranus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Red East wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Nothing to laugh at..folks die slow deaths from that stuff. Better they be fried to a crisp in a hurry with napalm or phosphorus and get it over with.
Falcon

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Pax Americana wrote:
<quoted text>
Our quest for power is insatiable. It's a tough burden but someone's got to bear it.
Why don't you pass it on to someone else and take a break...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••