How Islamists are gaining in Syria

How Islamists are gaining in Syria

There are 11 comments on the CNN story from Feb 21, 2013, titled How Islamists are gaining in Syria. In it, CNN reports that:

Always dressed in a scarf and fingerless gloves woven with the colors of the Syrian rebel flag, Qobani worked with a team of pro-democracy activists in Syria's northern Idlib province.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Syrian

New London, CT

#1 Feb 22, 2013
Good article! Finally the real truth about those Islamic extremists and AlQarda terrorists is coming out.
Getogrips

UK

#2 Feb 22, 2013
Good article! Finally the real lies about those Islamic extremists and AlQarda terrorist is coming out.
GnA

United States

#4 Feb 22, 2013
54-Year-Old Salafist Looks 27

Follow this 1 weird tip and remove 20 years of religious tolerance in 20 days.
bon jour

United States

#5 Feb 22, 2013
The world is handing Syria over to the unknown, to the radicals, to the Islamists
bon jour

United States

#6 Feb 22, 2013
A year ago, Ibrahim Qobani was an idealistic 19-year-old revolutionary who sang about freedom.

But today, Qobani appears much different in a series of YouTube videos.

"We destroyed America with a civilian plane, turned the World Trade Center into a pile of dirt. If you call me a terrorist, I say it's an honor."

In another video, Qobani stands cheering with a crowd of bearded men as a little boy sings, "Our commander is Bin Laden. He showed the Americans the strength of our faith." A man gives the boy a knife, which he proceeds to slice through the air as he sings, "Our police is Nusra. Just wait Alawites. We will come to slaughter you."
John McCain

United States

#7 Feb 22, 2013
That little boy is a real firebrand. I say, send them as many weapons as we can.
Syrian

New London, CT

#8 Feb 23, 2013
bon jour wrote:
A year ago, Ibrahim Qobani was an idealistic 19-year-old revolutionary who sang about freedom.
But today, Qobani appears much different in a series of YouTube videos.
"We destroyed America with a civilian plane, turned the World Trade Center into a pile of dirt. If you call me a terrorist, I say it's an honor."
In another video, Qobani stands cheering with a crowd of bearded men as a little boy sings, "Our commander is Bin Laden. He showed the Americans the strength of our faith." A man gives the boy a knife, which he proceeds to slice through the air as he sings, "Our police is Nusra. Just wait Alawites. We will come to slaughter you."
Just amazing.
hmphhh

United States

#9 Feb 23, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Just amazing.
Nothing new, really. We seem to have this sado-masochistic thing going on in foreign policy circles. Hard to teach an old masochist new tricks.

"Perhaps most telling about the minds of those who trained here is a document found at the camp. "I am interested in suicide operations," wrote Damir Bajrami, a 24-year-old ethnic Albanian from Kosovo, on his entry application in April 2001. "I have Kosovo Liberation Army combat experience against Serb and American forces. I need no further training. I recommend (suicide) operations against (amusement) parks like Disney."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/sept11/20...
John McCain

United States

#10 Feb 23, 2013
That young man is a real firebrand. I say I'm glad we sent them as many weapons as we could.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/julia/gorin1...

Here I am lobbying for some insider deals with their US agents:

http://www.petroleumworld.com/imagesjul2004/M...
Syrian

New London, CT

#11 Feb 23, 2013
bon jour wrote:
The world is handing Syria over to the unknown, to the radicals, to the Islamists
The Chinese and the Russians see exactly what is happening in Syria.
Syrian

New London, CT

#12 Feb 24, 2013
John McCain wrote:
That little boy is a real firebrand. I say, send them as many weapons as we can.
LOL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Syria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Joe Biden fires back at Syria critics Jun 21 Le Jimbo 2
News In internal document, US diplomats demand Syria... Jun 18 Go Blue Forever 5
News IS militants fight Syria rebels in north Syria ... May '16 Azat 1
News Despite supposed withdrawal, Russia building up... May '16 storm warning 2
News U.S. Military Role in Syria Expanding May '16 storm warning 2
News Questions and Answers About American Troops in ... May '16 storm warning 1
News 'Little Syria' Exhibit Heading 'Home' to New Yo... May '16 Bill 1
More from around the web