Supreme Court has room to maneuver in...

Supreme Court has room to maneuver in same-sex marriage cases

There are 156 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 9, 2012, titled Supreme Court has room to maneuver in same-sex marriage cases. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

The Supreme Court gave itself plenty of room to maneuver when it agreed Friday to review the issue of same-sex marriage .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#63 Dec 12, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Great report. It was interesting that the majority of hate crimes in general are mostly in blue states. Go figure.
Well, the majority of cases labeled hate crimes by law enforcement.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#64 Dec 12, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Well it's easy to see why you have chit for brains, you spout so much of it. Now show us all the negative things republicans have done. This will be funny.
Are you serious!? All you have to do is look G Dubya's presidency..What's your term..CASE CLOSED! Pookie
Your retort was Palin was a negative, and an author was a negative...nothing you listed affected america, just your opinion of what you didn't like. You struggle to maintain a discussion with adults. Give it up.
I don't think it's me that's struggling, you might have that comprehension problem to understand difficult concepts looked at...Maybe in YOUR 'Merica' those things don't 'E'ffect you, but then in your little 'white bubble' nothing will, until the actions you perpetuate and condone bursts it. The list contains a little more than opinions dear, try reading past the first sentence...BTW there are MANY more hypocritical atrocities that your ilk are responsible for and the accountability is coming.

Uve

Location hidden

#65 Dec 12, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Keep on whining, maybe Jesse will fly to the rescue.
BTW try to be a little more coherent. Trying to be condescending doesn't work when you appear ignorant.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#66 Dec 12, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Are yo really that stupid to say the Civil Rights Act of 1964 didn't pass due the republicans, especially when the liberals like KKK Byrd, Al Gore Sr. and Senator Fullbright fillibustered 57 straight hours against it coming to a vote. You are a lying scum merchant.
You dishonestly claimed they "caused" it. By that I assumed you meant that Republicans had proposed and written the bill, and had their names on it. They did not. Therefore, you lied.

I said Republicans voted for it, and that is true. The Senators you name were Dixiecrats, Southern Senators who voted against civil rights. They were Conservative Democrats, not "liberals."

Please, stop lying and misrepresenting what I'm saying. Your childish insults only show how angry and foolish you are...stop embarrassing yourself.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#67 Dec 12, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you the only race to never assimilate into American society? Why are you the only race to require affirmative action? Get off your butt and earn respect, you sure as hell can't demand it from prison or ghettos.
Me? I'm not a race, fool. I'm a white guy, so if you're assuming I'm black you're not only a racist, but absurdly wrong.

Why can't you earn some respect by telling the truth, arguing honestly, and not misrepresenting other people's positions? Hmmm?

That'd be a good place to start, racist.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Location hidden

#68 Dec 12, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You dishonestly claimed they "caused" it. By that I assumed you meant that Republicans had proposed and written the bill, and had their names on it. They did not. Therefore, you lied.
I said Republicans voted for it, and that is true. The Senators you name were Dixiecrats, Southern Senators who voted against civil rights. They were Conservative Democrats, not "liberals."
Please, stop lying and misrepresenting what I'm saying. Your childish insults only show how angry and foolish you are...stop embarrassing yourself.
Jeeeebeeebus, they did cause it to happen, without their votes there would not have been a civil rights bill. Just say no to drugs.

au contraire

Location hidden

#69 Dec 12, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Me? I'm not a race, fool. I'm a white guy, so if you're assuming I'm black you're not only a racist, but absurdly wrong.
Why can't you earn some respect by telling the truth, arguing honestly, and not misrepresenting other people's positions? Hmmm?
That'd be a good place to start, racist.
I am sorry you admitted it. You just brought whites IQ average down five points.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#70 Dec 12, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Show me the case where it was tagged a hate crime by law.
Go to the FBI website. They have the statistics for race-based hate crimes where the victim was white. Or just google it.

Uve

Location hidden

#71 Dec 12, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to the FBI website. They have the statistics for race-based hate crimes where the victim was white. Or just google it.
I'd forget it if I were you, She's a horrible waste of time..Typical of the trolls on here, only believes what their told.

au contraire

Location hidden

#72 Dec 13, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I already did. Good information.

Tawas City, Michigan

#73 Dec 13, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>I already did. Good information.
Then you should now admit to the forum you were wrong about your claims that whites aren't protected by hate crimes laws just as blacks or any other races are.

au contraire

Location hidden

#74 Dec 13, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should now admit to the forum you were wrong about your claims that whites aren't protected by hate crimes laws just as blacks or any other races are.
I said show me the laws that say there are hate crime charges. Sure, crimes are reported by agencies as a hate crime, but where are the laws that insure extra penality or prosicution for it being a hate crime. All the FBI report shows is they were reported as such, but does not show they were prosicuted as such.

Tawas City, Michigan

#75 Dec 13, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>I said show me the laws that say there are hate crime charges. Sure, crimes are reported by agencies as a hate crime, but where are the laws that insure extra penality or prosicution for it being a hate crime. All the FBI report shows is they were reported as such, but does not show they were prosicuted as such.
The Civil Rights Act (1969)- specifically 18 U.S.C. 245- established race based crimes as a federal crime.

The Violent Crime Control And Enforcement Act (1994)- specifically 28 U.S.C. 994- requires increased sentencing for bias crimes based on race.

In addition many states have their own hate crimes laws which specify the same.

Any more questions?

Tawas City, Michigan

#76 Dec 13, 2012
Psssst, this would be where you admit you were wrong.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#77 Dec 14, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Gibberish. And please stop using multiple names to post, the only thing that's "confusing" is figuring out which version of you I'm addressing, Jimbo.
What, do you mean liberals are the only ones that can have multiple names and cities. Just like you.

Paris

#78 Dec 14, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The Civil Rights Act (1969)- specifically 18 U.S.C. 245- established race based crimes as a federal crime.
The Violent Crime Control And Enforcement Act (1994)- specifically 28 U.S.C. 994- requires increased sentencing for bias crimes based on race.
In addition many states have their own hate crimes laws which specify the same.
Any more questions?
Yawn, you still haven't shown where those apply to whites and not only minorities.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#79 Dec 14, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yawn, you still haven't shown where those apply to whites and not only minorities.
White isn't considered a race under the laws? Please provide the links to show that under hate crime laws, anyone with white skin is excluded. Good luck with that.

Face it, ALL races are protected in the same ways under these laws. The difference is that it is more common for black, brown, and gay people to be targeted for such crimes.

You can easily Google the statistics for such crimes.

Tawas City, Michigan

#80 Dec 14, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yawn, you still haven't shown where those apply to whites and not only minorities.
Since white is a race, it applies.

Even a 6 y/o could figure that out; go ask one to help you.

And the FBI statistics prove hates crimes laws HAVE been applied when the victim is targeted becuase they are white.

Paris

#81 Dec 14, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
White isn't considered a race under the laws? Please provide the links to show that under hate crime laws, anyone with white skin is excluded. Good luck with that.
Face it, ALL races are protected in the same ways under these laws. The difference is that it is more common for black, brown, and gay people to be targeted for such crimes.
You can easily Google the statistics for such crimes.
Thank you for proving my point. There are no hate crimes on whites. Only minorities get the special treatment. Affirmitive crime you might say.

Paris

#82 Dec 14, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Since white is a race, it applies.
Even a 6 y/o could figure that out; go ask one to help you.
And the FBI statistics prove hates crimes laws HAVE been applied when the victim is targeted becuase they are white.
Then either post the law and statue or stfu.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Supreme Court Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Baker wants US Supreme Court to hear gay weddin... Jul '16 davy 10
News Another ObamaCare challenge heads to the Suprem... (Oct '15) Jul '16 Bama Yankee 29
News How the Supreme Court's immigration decision hu... Jul '16 Nopal 8
News Transgender bathroom case may go to Supreme Court Jun '16 nanoanomaly 1
News Gay marriage victory at Supreme Court triggerin... Jun '16 WasteWater 77
News Time for atheist on Supreme Court? (Apr '10) Jun '16 Happy Old Geezer 46
News Choose carefully: The next president could shap... (Feb '16) Apr '16 Le Jimbo 45
More from around the web