Supreme Court has room to maneuver in...

Supreme Court has room to maneuver in same-sex marriage cases

There are 156 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 9, 2012, titled Supreme Court has room to maneuver in same-sex marriage cases. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

The Supreme Court gave itself plenty of room to maneuver when it agreed Friday to review the issue of same-sex marriage .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#43 Dec 11, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Show me the law on hate crimes against whites. Case Closed. Show me Affirmitive Action for Whites. Case Closed. Show me the White Caucus. Case Closed. Compare Jesse Jackson or Rev. Wright to Billy Graham. Case Closed.
Show us the enslavement of whites in this country. Case closed. Show us 300 years of racist oppression of whites in this country. Case closed. Show us where American whites have suffered discrimination requiring legal remedies. Case closed. Show us the millions of black Americans constantly attacking Billy Graham's character, behavior, etc. CASE CLOSED.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#44 Dec 11, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Really, what rights? You do know that is against the law don't you. You do know the republicans caused the Civil Rights Act and Voting Act passed against liberal's wishes don't you.
Nonsense. No Republicans "caused the Civil Rights Act." What's that even supposed to mean?

Both Moderate Republicans (an extinct animal, alas) and non-Southern Democrats voted for the Civil Rights Act. Among Dems, ONLY Dixiecrats voted against it. you know this, but choose to lie and distort history. WHY??

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#45 Dec 11, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Show me the law on hate crimes against whites. Case Closed.
It's the same law as hate crimes against other races. Wow that was hard.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#46 Dec 11, 2012
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious!? All you have to do is look G Dubya's presidency..What's your term..CASE CLOSED! Pookie
Be a adult. Be specific. Let's see what you got.

au contraire

Location hidden

#47 Dec 11, 2012
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the same law as hate crimes against other races. Wow that was hard.
There are no crimes on the books considered hate crimes by law inforcement against whites. If you think their is, post one or two.

au contraire

Location hidden

#48 Dec 11, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. No Republicans "caused the Civil Rights Act." What's that even supposed to mean?
Both Moderate Republicans (an extinct animal, alas) and non-Southern Democrats voted for the Civil Rights Act. Among Dems, ONLY Dixiecrats voted against it. you know this, but choose to lie and distort history. WHY??
Are yo really that stupid to say the Civil Rights Act of 1964 didn't pass due the republicans, especially when the liberals like KKK Byrd, Al Gore Sr. and Senator Fullbright fillibustered 57 straight hours against it coming to a vote. You are a lying scum merchant.

Location hidden

#49 Dec 11, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>There are no crimes on the books considered hate crimes by law inforcement against whites. If you think their is, post one or two.
Hate crime laws add penalties for crimes motivated by race. They do exclude whites.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#50 Dec 11, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Show me the law on hate crimes against whites. Case Closed. Show me Affirmitive Action for Whites. Case Closed. Show me the White Caucus. Case Closed. Compare Jesse Jackson or Rev. Wright to Billy Graham. Case Closed.
Hate crimes apply to race- including whites. Blacks have been prosecuted for hate crimes against whites.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#51 Dec 11, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>There are no crimes on the books considered hate crimes by law inforcement against whites. If you think their is, post one or two.
Murder, assault, battery, etc can ALL be considered a hate crime against whites IF (and "if" is the key word) the crime was motivated my racial bias. Same goes for whites commiting hate crimes against blacks- prosecutors must prove the crime was motivated by racial bias.

The FBI has the statistics on racially motivated hated crimes; including those when the victim was white.

Uve

Location hidden

#52 Dec 11, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Be a adult. Be specific. Let's see what you got.
Ok, let's see: Bad Things the republican'ts have done:
1. Ann Coulter only because she is a 'thing'
2. Sarah Palin too
3. Republicans approved the use of atrocities in our holding facilities..so torture (Bush Presidency)
4. Endless lobbying for 'Fracking'
5. Unabated lobbying for outsourcing American jobs
6. Unabated tax breaks for the wealthy
7. This is a 'NOT' done..Anything For gay rights
8. In general - promote the extreme right wing to their own ends, not for the USA.
9. Gave Halberton exclusive rights to rebuilding and security in IRAQ when there were other cheaper alternatives (Cheney) BTW that was a disaster.
10. Sold the IRAQ war to the Americcan public under false pretenses.
11. ignored and fought against the KYOTO accord.
12. Ann Coulter again

Should I go on?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#53 Dec 11, 2012
lolol wrote:
Nice to see the highest court in the country has the spare time to peruse special interest groups numbering about 3% of the population. I guess no other pressing legal issues are on the docket concerning the other 97% of the country that need to be addressed.
Are basic civil rights only to be granted to folks based on their percentage of the population?

What a strange idea.

au contraire

Location hidden

#54 Dec 12, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate crimes apply to race- including whites. Blacks have been prosecuted for hate crimes against whites.
Show me the case where it was tagged a hate crime by law.

au contraire

Location hidden

#55 Dec 12, 2012
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, let's see: Bad Things the republican'ts have done:
1. Ann Coulter only because she is a 'thing'
2. Sarah Palin too
3. Republicans approved the use of atrocities in our holding facilities..so torture (Bush Presidency)
4. Endless lobbying for 'Fracking'
5. Unabated lobbying for outsourcing American jobs
6. Unabated tax breaks for the wealthy
7. This is a 'NOT' done..Anything For gay rights
8. In general - promote the extreme right wing to their own ends, not for the USA.
9. Gave Halberton exclusive rights to rebuilding and security in IRAQ when there were other cheaper alternatives (Cheney) BTW that was a disaster.
10. Sold the IRAQ war to the Americcan public under false pretenses.
11. ignored and fought against the KYOTO accord.
12. Ann Coulter again
Should I go on?
hahahahaahha you call differences of opinion and using the law and congressional bylaws a crime. You are a moron and a typical 47 percenter and Obama supporter. Mo candy, mo Phones, mo free chit.

au contraire

Location hidden

#56 Dec 12, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us the enslavement of whites in this country. Case closed. Show us 300 years of racist oppression of whites in this country. Case closed. Show us where American whites have suffered discrimination requiring legal remedies. Case closed. Show us the millions of black Americans constantly attacking Billy Graham's character, behavior, etc. CASE CLOSED.
Why are you the only race to never assimilate into American society? Why are you the only race to require affirmative action? Get off your butt and earn respect, you sure as hell can't demand it from prison or ghettos.

Location hidden

#57 Dec 12, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Show me the case where it was tagged a hate crime by law.
According to the FBI, there were 679 hate crimes against whites in 2010.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/hate-cri...

Uve

Location hidden

#58 Dec 12, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>hahahahaahha you call differences of opinion and using the law and congressional bylaws a crime. You are a moron and a typical 47 percenter and Obama supporter. Mo candy, mo Phones, mo free chit.
Your an immature idiot. You asked for an answer and have no other rebuttals beside insults and racist comments. So responding in kind, I should have expected such a response from an ignorant typical republican't c(_)nt.

Uve

Location hidden

#59 Dec 12, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you the only race to never assimilate into American society? Why are you the only race to require affirmative action? Get off your butt and earn respect, you sure as hell can't demand it from prison or ghettos.
What C(_)nty racist response..You deserve all your obvious frustration and anger.

au contraire

Location hidden

#60 Dec 12, 2012
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the FBI, there were 679 hate crimes against whites in 2010.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/hate-cri...
Great report. It was interesting that the majority of hate crimes in general are mostly in blue states. Go figure.

au contraire

Location hidden

#61 Dec 12, 2012
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Your an immature idiot. You asked for an answer and have no other rebuttals beside insults and racist comments. So responding in kind, I should have expected such a response from an ignorant typical republican't c(_)nt.
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Well it's easy to see why you have chit for brains, you spout so much of it. Now show us all the negative things republicans have done. This will be funny.

Are you serious!? All you have to do is look G Dubya's presidency..What's your term..CASE CLOSED! Pookie

Your retort was Palin was a negative, and an author was a negative...nothing you listed affected america, just your opinion of what you didn't like. You struggle to maintain a discussion with adults. Give it up.

au contraire

Location hidden

#62 Dec 12, 2012
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
What C(_)nty racist response..You deserve all your obvious frustration and anger.
Keep on whining, maybe Jesse will fly to the rescue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Supreme Court Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lindsey Graham: Trump could appoint four Suprem... Jul 13 Red Crosse 1
News Supreme Court bars chief prosecutor from leavin... Jun 29 1 2 watch 1
News The fight to confirm Donald Trump's Supreme Cou... (Nov '16) Jun '17 Wealth Management 21
News Supreme Court appears favorable to Secret Servi... (Mar '12) Jun '17 Grecian Formula 3... 24
News Supreme Court strikes down 2 NC congressional d... May '17 RMG Reymundo Meji... 4
News Clint Eastwood backs gay marriage in Supreme Co... (Mar '13) May '17 Norwegian Supremacy 73
News Another ObamaCare challenge heads to the Suprem... (Oct '15) May '17 Bogus Repeal 36
More from around the web