Supreme Court has room to maneuver in same-sex marriage cases

There are 20 comments on the Dec 9, 2012, The Washington Post story titled Supreme Court has room to maneuver in same-sex marriage cases. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

The Supreme Court gave itself plenty of room to maneuver when it agreed Friday to review the issue of same-sex marriage .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#21 Dec 10, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously false, since one gay person cannot marry another.
The rest of your post was just racist gibberish, undeserving of an answer.
au contraire, that isn't a right, it's a law. See you are just confused. Common among liberals.

Location hidden

#22 Dec 10, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>It's usually minority groups whose rights are being denied.
Really, what rights? You do know that is against the law don't you. You do know the republicans caused the Civil Rights Act and Voting Act passed against liberal's wishes don't you.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Dec 10, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
The court will rule according to the Constitution. It is not rocket science.
Another insane comment from Cat. They have repeatedly proven they have no interest in the constitution. They will rule for the GOP no matter what. They will not even consider the people of the US, only big bucks.

How many more times to they have to rule in direct contradiction to the constitution before you will see it?

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#24 Dec 10, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>They have equal protection under the law. Actually more than straights. Just like blacks have more protection than whites........except from themselves.
aaaawwh what's wrong.... equallity got you down... to flucking bad

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#25 Dec 10, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Really, what rights? You do know that is against the law don't you. You do know the republicans caused the Civil Rights Act and Voting Act passed against liberal's wishes don't you.
ya that was like 40 years ago... today repuglicans can't sh!t without getting the blessings from christardo talibangelicals... move up into the 2000's loooser

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#26 Dec 10, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
The court will rule according to the Constitution. It is not rocket science.
If you are right, gay marriage proponents can start uncorking the champagne.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Location hidden

#27 Dec 10, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Really, what rights? You do know that is against the law don't you. You do know the republicans caused the Civil Rights Act and Voting Act passed against liberal's wishes don't you.
You are a super-moron. The Southern Democrats and Dixiecrats of years ago would hardly be described as liberals, except by twisted ignoramuses like you. Those types eventually fled to the Republican party, which they infest today.

Also, yesterday's Republican party bears little resemblance to the horde of rabid cretins who make up most of the party today.

You ask, "what rights?". That would be the basic human right of people to pursue a satisfying life without you sticking your perverted bigoted nose in their underwear.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#28 Dec 10, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>They have equal protection under the law. Actually more than straights. Just like blacks have more protection than whites........except from themselves.
If I had equal protection under the CONSTITUTION then my marriage would be recognized by the federal government just like hetero marriages are.

So right now it's the hetero couples that are getting "special rights".

Hypoluxo Fl

#29 Dec 10, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
SEBELIUS AWARDS OBAMACARE EXCHANGE CONTRACT TO 'FRIEND'...More
Crony capitalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crony_capi talism
o Crony capitalism in ...
Crony capitalism is a term describing an economy in which success in business depends on close relationships between business people and government officials. It may ...
You learned from your mentor. Frightwingnut DUMBOSPAM.

Since: Oct 08

#30 Dec 10, 2012
Barney Frank will tell them where he would like to have some wiggle room!!!!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#31 Dec 11, 2012
au contraire wrote:
What an odd statement.

Can you please prove it with reliable statistics, or any rational proof?

Location hidden

#32 Dec 11, 2012
au contraire wrote:
And OOOOH, how the party has fallen. Such support today would get a Republican run out out the party.

Just look at what they have been doing over the last few years to those very acts.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#33 Dec 11, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>aaaawwh what's wrong.... equallity got you down... to flucking bad
GFY pookie. If you can't prove it wrong with facts, a smart ass comment sure isn't going to do it.

Location hidden

#34 Dec 11, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
SEBELIUS AWARDS OBAMACARE EXCHANGE CONTRACT TO 'FRIEND'...More
Crony capitalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crony_capi talism
o Crony capitalism in ...
Crony capitalism is a term describing an economy in which success in business depends on close relationships between business people and government officials. It may ...
Like Bush and his old friend "Brownie" a the doorstep of Katrina devastation. Funny how quickly Republicans forget ...

Provide the rest of your story and the links, please. And NO "anonymous sources". Only facts.

Location hidden

#35 Dec 11, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>ya that was like 40 years ago... today repuglicans can't sh!t without getting the blessings from christardo talibangelicals... move up into the 2000's loooser
Well it's easy to see why you have chit for brains, you spout so much of it. Now show us all the negative things republicans have done. This will be funny.

Location hidden

#36 Dec 11, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
What an odd statement.
Can you please prove it with reliable statistics, or any rational proof?
Show me the law on hate crimes against whites. Case Closed. Show me Affirmitive Action for Whites. Case Closed. Show me the White Caucus. Case Closed. Compare Jesse Jackson or Rev. Wright to Billy Graham. Case Closed.

Uve

Location hidden

#37 Dec 11, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Well it's easy to see why you have chit for brains, you spout so much of it. Now show us all the negative things republicans have done. This will be funny.
Are you serious!? All you have to do is look G Dubya's presidency..What's your term..CASE CLOSED! Pookie

Uve

Location hidden

#38 Dec 11, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Show me the law on hate crimes against whites. Case Closed. Show me Affirmitive Action for Whites. Case Closed. Show me the White Caucus. Case Closed. Compare Jesse Jackson or Rev. Wright to Billy Graham. Case Closed.
Go White power!

Uve

Location hidden

#40 Dec 11, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like you're a Racist. Would that statement be correct??
Oh man, I thought I would never be put in a position to agree with you. Wonders never cease.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#42 Dec 11, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>au contraire, that isn't a right, it's a law. See you are just confused. Common among liberals.
Gibberish. And please stop using multiple names to post, the only thing that's "confusing" is figuring out which version of you I'm addressing, Jimbo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Supreme Court Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay marriage pioneer, free from skeptics, prepa... Fri Hasaun Lee 1
News Same-sex marriage opponents urge Supreme Court ... Apr 23 Mikey 98
News Supreme Court upholds North Carolina's new limi... (Oct '14) Apr 21 LAVON AFFAIr 6
News Supreme Court: Medicaid Providers Can't Sue Sta... Apr 2 dar 2
News Supreme Court rules against Alabama redistricti... Mar '15 Go Blue Forever 2
News Alabama Supreme Court halts same-sex marriage Mar '15 Khatru 66
Fight over attorneys fees reaches Supreme Court Feb '15 Patriot8251 1
More from around the web