Supreme Court immigrant decision draws mixed reaction in L.A.

There are 2 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Jun 25, 2012, titled Supreme Court immigrant decision draws mixed reaction in L.A.. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

Immigration advocates and attorneys gave a mixed response Monday to the Supreme Court decision that struck down most of Arizona's law targeting illegal immigrants but upheld a clause that allowed police to stop, question and detain immigrants based on their legal status.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
opps I did it again

Edinburg, TX

#25 Jun 27, 2012
KCS wrote:
<quoted text>OOPS liberal doing research,
Political Matrix
E:-2.58, S:-5.22
Republican operative convicted for voter fraud
on: December 06, 2011, 02:12:57 pm
----------
A Baltimore jury Tuesday found Paul Schurick, former Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr.'s campaign manager, guilty of election fraud and related charges for his role in an Election Day 2010 robocall.
The jury found Schurick guilty on all four counts, including election fraud and failing to include an Ehrlich campaign authorization line on the calls. After the verdict was read, Schurick clutched his wife, who burst into tears.
Prosecutors said the call, which was made as Democratic Gov. Martin O'Malley swept to a re-election victory, was designed to suppress black votes.
Schurick maintained a solemn face after the hearing, comforted distraught family members and friends and declined to comment on the verdict. His attorney, A. Dwight Pettit, called himself "disappointed" and vowed to appeal on First Amendment grounds that the call was protected, political speech.
"The attempt for the state to regulate political speech is unconstitutional," he said.
Forgot to add. Why don't you look up all the democrat fraud? That's quite popular, too. Like, the 4 democrats in 2008 for fraud in the Presidental race, senate race in Florida, Nov. 2011, etc. etc.
KCS

Burbank, CA

#26 Jun 27, 2012
opps I did it again wrote:
<quoted text>
Big deal. Wasn't like it was a national election.
Oh before it was do some research, Now it's big deal. i'll leave you with:

Schurick clutched his wife, who burst into tears.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Supreme Court Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay marriage foe's argument seems to leave Supr... 5 min Belle Sexton 180
News Gay marriage pioneer, free from skeptics, prepa... Apr 27 giangtrantruong89 2
News Same-sex marriage opponents urge Supreme Court ... Apr 23 Mikey 98
News Supreme Court upholds North Carolina's new limi... (Oct '14) Apr 21 LAVON AFFAIr 6
News Supreme Court: Medicaid Providers Can't Sue Sta... Apr '15 dar 2
News Supreme Court rules against Alabama redistricti... Mar '15 Go Blue Forever 2
News Alabama Supreme Court halts same-sex marriage Mar '15 Khatru 66
More from around the web