Supreme Court immigrant decision draw...

Supreme Court immigrant decision draws mixed reaction in L.A.

There are 22 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Jun 25, 2012, titled Supreme Court immigrant decision draws mixed reaction in L.A.. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

Immigration advocates and attorneys gave a mixed response Monday to the Supreme Court decision that struck down most of Arizona's law targeting illegal immigrants but upheld a clause that allowed police to stop, question and detain immigrants based on their legal status.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Speedy Gondales

Louisville, KY

#1 Jun 25, 2012
pepe' GO HOME!
Free is free

United States

#2 Jun 25, 2012
In LA? Duh. Everywhere except Mexifornia? It's a winner.
opps I did it again

Mcallen, TX

#3 Jun 25, 2012
What does L.A. have to do with it? We taxpayers say, "go back to your stinking country".

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4 Jun 25, 2012
i think romney will clean up this mess and make the mess clean up itself.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#6 Jun 25, 2012
Jiggz29 wrote:
People ,people what are you unhappy about the highest court in the land just passed the most controversial element about the bill. Illegals will now have to show proof of citizenship to local police and can be detained just on the grounds of being illegally in the country.
Well stated thanks

Location hidden

#7 Jun 25, 2012
the way i understood it they left it open giving room for more nonsense to go against it. i thought the surpreme courts made in in stone.
Until

Huntsville, AL

#8 Jun 25, 2012
Jiggz29 wrote:
People ,people what are you unhappy about the highest court in the land just passed the most controversial element about the bill. Illegals will now have to show proof of citizenship to local police and can be detained just on the grounds of being illegally in the country.
it is proven in practice how racist it is and gets thrown out.

And it is not illegals - anybody they profile can be questioned, bonehead.
Rob Johnston

AOL

#11 Jun 25, 2012
The spineless cowards in Calif will never object to being colonized by illegals. If things get too hard for them in other States they can come here and make total chumps of the citizens who will be forced to support them.

Location hidden

#13 Jun 26, 2012
Rob Johnston wrote:
The spineless cowards in Calif will never object to being colonized by illegals. If things get too hard for them in other States they can come here and make total chumps of the citizens who will be forced to support them.
just read where a family of 20 from mexico came seeking asylum,if they get by with this the whole country will be chumps being all others will try and pull the same thing.

to think a group of 20 could slip in shows there is no one minding the borders.
as for us here in ca being spineless cowards the world is saying that about the whole country,just look what we are letting obama do to us on this issue.
Rob Johnston

AOL

#14 Jun 26, 2012
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
just read where a family of 20 from mexico came seeking asylum,if they get by with this the whole country will be chumps being all others will try and pull the same thing.
to think a group of 20 could slip in shows there is no one minding the borders.
as for us here in ca being spineless cowards the world is saying that about the whole country,just look what we are letting obama do to us on this issue.
I disagree that most Americans are no more patriotic than a bunch of illegal lovin' California cowards. If so, our Country really is Toast.

Location hidden

#15 Jun 26, 2012
Rob Johnston wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree that most Americans are no more patriotic than a bunch of illegal lovin' California cowards. If so, our Country really is Toast.
i would disagree being from ca and did not vote obama. it is not the citizens who get getting traitors elected it is voter fraud. just hard to prove being no one is checking yet illegal aliens openly brag about it,then when holder stepped in on it in florida it shows it is known illegal aliens are voting and the likes of holder and obama are supporting that fraud.
right on Tom

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Jun 26, 2012
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
i would disagree being from ca and did not vote obama. it is not the citizens who get getting traitors elected it is voter fraud. just hard to prove being no one is checking yet illegal aliens openly brag about it,then when holder stepped in on it in florida it shows it is known illegal aliens are voting and the likes of holder and obama are supporting that fraud.
Have you donated to Elizabeth Emken (R) running against Diane Feinstein? I did this morning and umepextedly received a personal phone call from her thanking me. Check her out?

Location hidden

#17 Jun 26, 2012
right on Tom wrote:
<quoted text>Have you donated to Elizabeth Emken (R) running against Diane Feinstein? I did this morning and umepextedly received a personal phone call from her thanking me. Check her out?
thanks i will check into her. she actually called thats a new one.
KCS

Burbank, CA

#18 Jun 26, 2012
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why has the only person convicted of voter fraud a REPUBLICAN!!!

Location hidden

#19 Jun 26, 2012
KCS wrote:
<quoted text>Then why has the only person convicted of voter fraud a REPUBLICAN!!!

most likely he/she was set up, dems will never go after their own illegal voters they cannot get in office without them.
opps I did it again

Mcallen, TX

#20 Jun 26, 2012
KCS wrote:
<quoted text>Then why has the only person convicted of voter fraud a REPUBLICAN!!!
LOL.....you need to do some research, lib.
Zorro

United States

#21 Jun 26, 2012
Good enough for me,now just pull over every Mexican on the road,sidewalk and shopping mall ask them for I.d if they are illegal ,deport them,thats how it has always worked.
KCS

Burbank, CA

#22 Jun 27, 2012
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
most likely he/she was set up, dems will never go after their own illegal voters they cannot get in office without them.
Not talking about voters, A actual Republican operative WAS convicted of voter fraud. look it up
KCS

Burbank, CA

#23 Jun 27, 2012
opps I did it again wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.....you need to do some research, lib.
OOPS liberal doing research,

Political Matrix
E:-2.58, S:-5.22

Republican operative convicted for voter fraud
on: December 06, 2011, 02:12:57 pm

----------

A Baltimore jury Tuesday found Paul Schurick, former Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr.'s campaign manager, guilty of election fraud and related charges for his role in an Election Day 2010 robocall.

The jury found Schurick guilty on all four counts, including election fraud and failing to include an Ehrlich campaign authorization line on the calls. After the verdict was read, Schurick clutched his wife, who burst into tears.

Prosecutors said the call, which was made as Democratic Gov. Martin O'Malley swept to a re-election victory, was designed to suppress black votes.

Schurick maintained a solemn face after the hearing, comforted distraught family members and friends and declined to comment on the verdict. His attorney, A. Dwight Pettit, called himself "disappointed" and vowed to appeal on First Amendment grounds that the call was protected, political speech.

"The attempt for the state to regulate political speech is unconstitutional," he said.
opps I did it again

Mcallen, TX

#24 Jun 27, 2012
KCS wrote:
<quoted text>OOPS liberal doing research,
Political Matrix
E:-2.58, S:-5.22
Republican operative convicted for voter fraud
on: December 06, 2011, 02:12:57 pm
----------
A Baltimore jury Tuesday found Paul Schurick, former Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr.'s campaign manager, guilty of election fraud and related charges for his role in an Election Day 2010 robocall.
The jury found Schurick guilty on all four counts, including election fraud and failing to include an Ehrlich campaign authorization line on the calls. After the verdict was read, Schurick clutched his wife, who burst into tears.
Prosecutors said the call, which was made as Democratic Gov. Martin O'Malley swept to a re-election victory, was designed to suppress black votes.
Schurick maintained a solemn face after the hearing, comforted distraught family members and friends and declined to comment on the verdict. His attorney, A. Dwight Pettit, called himself "disappointed" and vowed to appeal on First Amendment grounds that the call was protected, political speech.
"The attempt for the state to regulate political speech is unconstitutional," he said.
Big deal. Wasn't like it was a national election.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Supreme Court Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Abortion, birth control, race top Supreme Court... (Oct '15) Oct '17 Abortion Supremacy 4
News Apple, Google, Facebook and Uber urge Supreme C... Oct '17 Imprtnrd 3
News Supreme Court ponders if lawyer can concede cli... Oct '17 Jeeshush Sheeeria 2
News It will be momentous': Supreme Court embarking ... Oct '17 Fundie Sniffling 8
News Supreme Court appears favorable to Secret Servi... (Mar '12) Oct '17 Janice 27
News Supreme Court conservatives on rise as importan... Oct '17 Tomas 1
News Trump lawyers urge Supreme Court to rule for Co... Sep '17 Wondering 47
More from around the web