Don't let your kids grow up to be Ste...

Don't let your kids grow up to be Steve Jobs

There are 5 comments on the CBS News story from Jun 1, 2012, titled Don't let your kids grow up to be Steve Jobs. In it, CBS News reports that:

COMMENTARY Technology companies are pretty hard up for talent these days. As in the sports world, Silicon Valley recruiters are all over college campuses wooing top students, sometimes even trying to get them to drop out and "turn pro." They're apparently wining and dining these geeky kids and offering juicy compensation packages, according to The ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

lelo34

Miami, FL

#1 Jun 1, 2012
I dont like the jist of this article from the title... however, i have to say i somewhat agree. I just read an article on onlineretailer.com about a website that shares its ad revenue from Merchants making offers to consumers on the products they want to buy with the consumer. Lets say you want to buy a flat screen and 50 merchants pay tappocity $6 each to make you an offer, if you end up buying a TV from one of the merchants you get a check for $150 or i think they will send it via paypal as well. Pretty cool concept. I think its people like this that drive innovation in the same way Steve Jobs did with Apple. Ill miss that guy!
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#2 Jun 4, 2012
Jobs was a great jobs creator, around 750,000
of them. 50,000 in the US and 700,000 in China.
China will miss him.
lucy

Reading, PA

#3 Feb 22, 2014
Gary wrote:
Jobs was a great jobs creator, around 750,000
of them. 50,000 in the US and 700,000 in China.
China will miss him.
Where's the beef?
lucy

Reading, PA

#4 Feb 22, 2014
One more thing, I get tired of needing to upgrade my computer every 2 minutes to make my software compatible.
lucy

Reading, PA

#5 Feb 22, 2014
I pjone 1 -2 - 3 -4 -5 -6 -7 - What are they up to now. I can't wait, I'll be standing in line and camping out at the store over night. Phones 1- 2- 3 -4 -5 and I think 6 hardly have any differences. Maybe they are up to Z-phone 10 now, I lost count.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Steve Jobs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 7 Creative, Marvelous and Downright Weird Ways ... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Mark Jewbuttbook 7
News Ashton Kutcher is not playing Walter Isaacson's... (Apr '12) Jan '16 Walter Harold Marlin 167
News Watch: 'Steve Jobs' new trailer released (May '15) May '15 andet1987 2
News Trailer for new "Steve Jobs" movie released (May '15) May '15 sad 1
News New book softens image of Apple's Steve Jobs (Mar '15) Mar '15 Gary 1
News Rare photos shed light on Steve Jobs, and a you... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News Steve Jobs may appear on U.S. postage stamp (Feb '14) Feb '14 mjjcpa 3
More from around the web