In turnaround, Romney backs off '47 p...

In turnaround, Romney backs off '47 percent' remarks, calls them 'just completely wrong'

There are 15 comments on the The Washington Post story from Oct 4, 2012, titled In turnaround, Romney backs off '47 percent' remarks, calls them 'just completely wrong'. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

FISHERSVILLE, Va. - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has described his disparaging remarks about the 47 percent of Americans who don't pay federal income taxes as "not elegantly stated." Now he's calling them "just completely wrong." In an interview Thursday night with Fox News, Romney was asked what he would have said had the "47 ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Mitt

Rogers, AR

#1 Oct 4, 2012
Hahhahhahahaha.......hahahhaha hahahah.So its ok to lie to party and your Supporters then justify it by saying Ops sorry!
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#2 Oct 4, 2012
Here he goes again Flip Flopping. Romney is such a LIAR. Romney just can NOT be trusted.
Truf_Teller

Memphis, TN

#3 Oct 4, 2012
That pales in comparison to the truth killing he did last night.

I dont expect Americans to be smart enough to pick up on them though.

“It's Time to Defeat Terrorism ”

Since: May 11

NYC

#4 Oct 4, 2012
Romney is right to back off "the 47%" because mathematically it was not accurate and included groups of people that he should not blame. It was recorded in a private setting against the laws of Florida and was not thought thoroughly. Romney is right to let Obama look after some other worthless excuses to save his bott that is burning after the first debate.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#5 Oct 4, 2012
What Mitt says today he may flip flop on tomorrow. Who know where or what Mitt stands for.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#6 Oct 4, 2012
Mitt Romney quote:
"I stand by what I have said what ever it was that I said"

Oh sure Mitt.
Obamaphone Anthem

Glendora, CA

#7 Oct 4, 2012
After watching that presidential debate I can't see how anyone who isn't recieving government handouts can vote for Obama.

Obama couldn't look Romney in the face during the debate because he knew Romney was right about his broken promises and poor job performance. He kept his eyes on his feet for most of the debate. It's a little different when NBC commentators aren't there to shield his record.

This is what you get when you splice Lil John with Grover's sister then give them Aspertame Bubble Gum and GMO weed.

&fe ature=related

Obamaphone: apply directly to the forehead.

Seriously, Obama may be a fun guy to hang out with -that does not make him a good President.

Romney is no better than Obama but you have to give someon new a chance.
Ray

Newport, OR

#8 Oct 4, 2012
When are people going to realize the 47% video is a non-issue and if Obama brings it up in any debates it will come across as desperate.
bobby

Dallas, TX

#9 Oct 4, 2012
Here we go again O'Mitt flip flopping once more this is so sad what can we expect next.?
imaginaryfriend

Sterling Heights, MI

#10 Oct 4, 2012
We do NOT believe one word from the Losing Liars, Willard and Lying Ryan. It's those things you said in "quiet rooms" that showed the world who you really are, Willard! You were speaking how you honestly felt about the so called 47% when you so passionately disparaged them based on their income taxes! Where are your tax income returns, Mitch?
The world wants to know!
Save Big Bird and get RID of Willard the Rat!
To get ready for the VP debate, go to mousepadpolitics.com and watch the film on Lying Ryan.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#11 Oct 4, 2012
Obamaphone Anthem wrote:
After watching that presidential debate I can't see how anyone who isn't recieving government handouts can vote for Obama.
That is a lot of businesses receiving government handouts.
Card Carrying Zionist

Twentynine Palms, CA

#12 Oct 4, 2012
Tony wrote:
That is a lot of businesses receiving government handouts.
Yes, like Solyndra and GM.
Ben Dover

Huntington, NY

#13 Oct 5, 2012
Romney is an embarrassment.
conservative crapola

Kutztown, PA

#14 Oct 5, 2012
'turnaround'= flip flop.

Bwahahahahahahaha
Truf_Teller

Memphis, TN

#15 Oct 5, 2012
Jeff Brightone wrote:
...to save his bott that is burning after the first debate.
I think Obama has Romney right where he wants him.

There are exactly 1 1/2 months between the final debate and Election Day.

The rollercoaster ride of lies Romney is taking us on, for display only, will come back to haunt him.

If you look at the facts and reasoning, the man who won the debate Wednesday did not work for Bain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Romney on minimum wage: 'We ought to raise it' (May '14) Jun '17 Backroom healthcare 30
News Biden encourages Romney to consider Senate run ... Jun '17 USAUSAUSA 11
News Presidential debate: Will Obama or Romney win t... (Oct '12) May '17 Brain Cancer 41
News In 2006 Video, Romney Calls Health Care Mandate... (Jun '12) May '17 Pfizer Marriages 72
News Democrats seize on Romney fundraiser with Chene... (Jul '12) Mar '17 Tennessee Prostitute 146
News Ad targets Romney on abortion, Planned Parenthood (Jul '12) Feb '17 Barbara P Bush 78
News Obama Camp Claims Romney Hides Abortion Stance (Oct '12) Jan '17 mercyangel 3
More from around the web