Mitt Romney not being - straight' abo...

Mitt Romney not being - straight' about personal taxes or tax plan for Americans, Democrats say

There are 57 comments on the The Washington Post story from Sep 23, 2012, titled Mitt Romney not being - straight' about personal taxes or tax plan for Americans, Democrats say. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

In the wake of Mitt Romney releasing his 2011 tax return Friday , Democrats on Sunday sought to use the renewed attention on the GOP nominee's personal finances to pivot to an argument that the Republican presidential candidate hasn't been clear enough about his tax plan for the American people.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#1 Sep 23, 2012
Taking something from someone is called stealing not redistribution. Tax hungry scumbags belong in jail.
d o_0 b

Junction City, KS

#2 Sep 23, 2012
Jesus Murphy.

The Dems damn the man if he doesn't release his taxes, then they damned him when he did.

The Dems beyotch that Mitt paid no taxes, then beyotch that he paid too much just for show.

Thes Democrats are getting to be damned idiots.

Since: Dec 07

Malakoff, TX

#3 Sep 23, 2012
Nobama's tax plan for America---------tax everyone up the kazoo and blow it on useless projects, pork, and campaign donors.

“or Fox News”

Since: Jan 08

Vicksburg, MI

#4 Sep 23, 2012
d o_0 b wrote:
Jesus Murphy.
The Dems damn the man if he doesn't release his taxes, then they damned him when he did.
The Dems beyotch that Mitt paid no taxes, then beyotch that he paid too much just for show.
Thes Democrats are getting to be damned idiots.
Kind of like that whole birther nonsense the Republicans are stuck on, huh?

“I'd rather be snowmobiling”

Since: Oct 07

8120'

#5 Sep 23, 2012
When Rmoney files his adjusted taxes for 2011, and he will, taking full deductions from his donations to the church, his tax rate will be 10.55%. Now that's financial savvy!

Malakoff, TX

#6 Sep 23, 2012
twostroketerror wrote:
When Rmoney files his adjusted taxes for 2011, and he will, taking full deductions from his donations to the church, his tax rate will be 10.55%. Now that's financial savvy!
LMAO--first you say he didn't pay taxes, now you say he paid too much to put on a show. The demorats, writing more fiction than Agatha Christi!!

Nobama blow two trillion on bankrupt green energy projects and failed jobs programs.

That ISN'T financial savvy. Just plain stupid.
Semper Fi 4 life

Terril, IA

#8 Sep 23, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
Nobama's tax plan for America---------tax everyone up the kazoo and blow it on useless projects, pork, and campaign donors.
So where has anybody been taxed?

8120'

#9 Sep 23, 2012
<quoted text>
LMAO--first you say he didn't pay taxes, now you say he paid too much to put on a show. The demorats, writing more fiction than Agatha Christi!!
Nobama blow two trillion on bankrupt green energy projects and failed jobs programs.
That ISN'T financial savvy. Just plain stupid.
Many critics noted the politics behind the Romneys not declaring as much in charitable donations as they might legitimately have in order to be able to say that they paid at least 13 percent in income taxes in each of the last 10 years. Some cynics even noted that Romney could amend his 2011 tax return after the election, seeking a refund for the tax deduction.

Will Romney’s latest tax information put the issue behind him?
The Romney campaign certainly hopes so. But Republican strategist and commentator Alex Castellanos (who worked on Romney’s 2008 presidential campaign) doesn’t think it will.

“This will drag Mitt's taxes back into the debate,” he told Politico.“And there's not many days left. I just can't imagine why they would do this. There are 40 days left and you have now made more of them about Mitt's taxes.”
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/2012/... (page)/2

Malakoff, TX

#10 Sep 23, 2012
Semper Fi 4 life wrote:
<quoted text>So where has anybody been taxed?
When one blows tax dollars, it's comes from ..........taxes. Get with the program, meathead!

Malakoff, TX

#11 Sep 23, 2012
twostroketerror wrote:
<quoted text>
Many critics noted the politics behind the Romneys not declaring as much in charitable donations as they might legitimately have in order to be able to say that they paid at least 13 percent in income taxes in each of the last 10 years. Some cynics even noted that Romney could amend his 2011 tax return after the election, seeking a refund for the tax deduction.
Will Romney’s latest tax information put the issue behind him?
The Romney campaign certainly hopes so. But Republican strategist and commentator Alex Castellanos (who worked on Romney’s 2008 presidential campaign) doesn’t think it will.
“This will drag Mitt's taxes back into the debate,” he told Politico.“And there's not many days left. I just can't imagine why they would do this. There are 40 days left and you have now made more of them about Mitt's taxes.”
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/2012/... (page)/2
Get a comparison of the donations of the pelosi's, kerry's, Jay Rockefeller, Mark Warner, Jared Polis, Frank Loutenberg, Bluementhal and Finestien who are richer than Romeny. Then we'll talk. Until then, fk off. "Ooooo, but they're not running for President!" They wish they were!! LMAO
Mittens

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Sep 23, 2012
I confess....

I've never been straight about anything!

My hair is perfectly sculpted and dyed.

My nails are perfectly manicured.

I love fashion! I'm into pink slips!

I maintain a fabulous year round tan!

I love wearing Hollywood makeup!

I change my mind often enough... as if I were a teenaged girl!

I love makeovers!!

I love horse ballet!!

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#13 Sep 23, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
Taking something from someone is called stealing not redistribution. Tax hungry scumbags belong in jail.
Your comment has more holes than imported swiss cheese.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#14 Sep 23, 2012
He wants to waste even more taxes helping the poor and elderly to survive. Antichrist!

8120'

#15 Sep 23, 2012
<quoted text>
Get a comparison of the donations of the pelosi's, kerry's, Jay Rockefeller, Mark Warner, Jared Polis, Frank Loutenberg, Bluementhal and Finestien who are richer than Romeny. Then we'll talk. Until then, fk off. "Ooooo, but they're not running for President!" They wish they were!! LMAO
How about a comparison of the actual candidates? Who getting backed by the beneficiaries of the taxpayer funded bailout?
Obamas top contributors
University of California $702,281
Microsoft Corp $544,445
Google Inc $526,009
Harvard University $431,860
US Government $396,350

Rmoneys top contributors
Goldman Sachs $688,080
Bank of America $541,148
JPMorgan Chase & Co $541,019
Morgan Stanley $535,047
Credit Suisse Group.$433,785
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/contriball....

& Rmoneys still playing a shell game with his taxes, to stay on subject.
38 days and counting......
d o_0 b

Junction City, KS

#16 Sep 23, 2012
twostroketerror wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a comparison of the actual candidates? Who getting backed by the beneficiaries of the taxpayer funded bailout?

Rmoneys top contributors

Goldman Sachs $688,080
Bank of America $541,148
Morgan Stanley $535,047
Obama 2008 Top Contributors

Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799
Google Inc $814,540
Morgan Stanley $512,232

Big Effing Whoop!
d o_0 b

Junction City, KS

#17 Sep 23, 2012
No Mo Obamas

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Sep 23, 2012
Make Obama unseal his records!

Notice how the Democrats never answer the question asked but will change the subject or just start talking about something or someone else, usually a Republican.

Do not let them continue to do this. Say that I didn't ask you about x, I asked you about y. Answer the question! Do not answer one question with another question.

8120'

#19 Sep 23, 2012
d o_0 b wrote:
http://www.opensecrets.org/pre s08/contrib.php?cid=N00009638
Oops. Link to the above.
So, all the same groups that funded McCains campaign.
Funded Obamas campaign.
And are funding Rmoneys...
Life's funny, isn't it?

Malakoff, TX

#20 Sep 23, 2012
Mittens wrote:
I confess....
I've never been straight about anything!
My hair is perfectly sculpted and dyed.
My nails are perfectly manicured.
I love fashion! I'm into pink slips!
I maintain a fabulous year round tan!
I love wearing Hollywood makeup!
I change my mind often enough... as if I were a teenaged girl!
I love makeovers!!
I love horse ballet!!
You love being ignorant, don't you?

Malakoff, TX

#21 Sep 23, 2012
twostroketerror wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamas top contributors
University of California $702,281
Microsoft Corp $544,445
Google Inc $526,009
Harvard University $431,860
US Government $396,350
Rmoneys top contributors
Goldman Sachs $688,080
Bank of America $541,148
Morgan Stanley $535,047
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/contriball....
& Rmoneys still playing a shell game with his taxes, to stay on subject.
38 days and counting......
More bad news for President Obama, this time from his alma mater, Harvard University. In a new poll, more younger voters, many of whom voted for him in 2008, think he will lose next year.

"This survey may well serve as an ominous sign for Barack Obama's 2012 chances and the political engagement of America's largest generation," said John Della Volpe, polling director at Harvard's Institute of Politics

David H. Koch – Prostate Cancer Foundation Nano-Medicine Gift Announced
unique aspect of the collaboration developed by the Foundation is that all institutions have agreed to share their intellectual property in order to avoid bottlenecks and barriers to patentability that could impede the collaboration. Partner institutions in the collaboration include Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Weill Cornell Medical College, Brigham and Women’s Hospital at Harvard Medical School and the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

People of Harvard donate to both parties. You left that part out, obviously!!

Why is the US Government giving donations to a political party? Thought that was against US Law!! Apprerantly not for the dems.

Restore our Future and Priorities USA Action are technically independent entities, but their founders' make no secret that their mission is to help Romney and Obama win in 2012.

Both groups are so-called super PACs that can accept unlimited donations. They were set up by former Romney and Obama advisers and can spend money in support of both candidates, though they are not allowed to directly coordinate with the campaigns.

Among his top fund-raisers pulling in more than a half-million from their wealthy networks were Vogue editrix Wintour, former New Jersey Gov. JON CORZINE (remember that crook?) and Hollywood mogul Jeffrey Katzenberg.

New Jersey financier Orin Kramer, and New York financier Blair Effron also hauled in that amount.

Also raking in cash on behalf of Obama's re-election was Hollywood mega-agent Ari Emanuel, the brother of former Chief of Staff Rahm.

You have nothing as usual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mitt Romney hints of "trickle-down racism" from... Aug 11 spud 43
News In 2006 Video, Romney Calls Health Care Mandate... (Jun '12) Aug 2 Big Bad John Roberts 67
News Romney on minimum wage: 'We ought to raise it' (May '14) Jul 31 Norwegian Supremacy 20
News Romney appeals to evangelicals through - Judeo-... (Sep '12) May '16 Tony Perkins Faith 2
News PM Note: Ron Paul Says the Constitution Failed,... (Nov '12) May '16 Elena Kagan jr 23
News Obama vows FDR-level effort to repair economy; ... (Sep '12) Apr '16 Swedenforever 14
News VIDEO: Mitt Romney Reads Mean Tweets on Jimmy K... Mar '16 Eleanor 1
More from around the web