Romney Takes Liberties With Claims About a Bipartisan Past

When Mitt Romney accused President Obama in their debate Wednesday night of refusing to work with Republicans, he held up his own record as the Massachusetts governor as an example of what political cooperation can achieve. Full Story

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#1 Oct 5, 2012
obama HAS refused to work with republicans...hell, he refuses to work with democrats that don't blindly follow his idiocy!
King Kong

Central District, Hong Kong

#2 Oct 5, 2012
carey529 wrote:
obama HAS refused to work with republicans...hell, he refuses to work with democrats that don't blindly follow his idiocy!
C! Lie, Libertee, and persue 4hopppeenesss

A. Rommnye+libertea
B. Obama+;)happyness
C. U take the june-lie, 4th
D. all the abutttt
F. U stay in topix class4eva;-0000000

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#3 Oct 5, 2012
All hail Obama!
King Kong

Central District, Hong Kong

#5 Oct 5, 2012
RustyS wrote:
All hail Obama!
Rus! tak yo vacation just liked the DC did! no more US of A=MCsquare ok;-000h, don't get mad of yo TV, phone ok takecare!!;) goin show black friday? don't 4get mi christmas gift ok;-000

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#6 Oct 5, 2012
"Despite having the most expensive health care system, the United States ranks last overall compared to six other industrialized countries—Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom—on measures of health system performance in five areas: quality, efficiency, access to care, equity and the ability to lead long, healthy, productive lives, according to a new Commonwealth Fund report. While there is room for improvement in every country, the U.S. stands out for not getting good value for its health care dollars, ranking last despite spending $7,290 per capita on health care in 2007 compared to the $3,837 spent per capita in the Netherlands, which ranked first overall…

Earlier editions of the report, produced in 2004, 2006, and 2007, showed similar results. This year’s version incorporates data from patient and physician surveys conducted in seven countries in 2007, 2008, and 2009."

At least Chief Justice Roberts understands our Healthcare system under Bush
Juss Curius

Carthage, NY

#7 Oct 5, 2012
Look closely at Obama. Are those hemmorhoids on his lips?

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#8 Oct 5, 2012
Predatory Capitalism
Romney brags about his business success, but the vast majority of his money comes from technically legal, completely predatory and unethical business pillaging. He was very successful at leveraged buyouts -- not investing in new companies, but using borrowed money to buy established companies, strip them of resources, and quickly sell them for a profit. How can you make money off a company that fails, you might ask? It's simple -- have it borrow a lot of money and give it to you, take its pension money and any cash in the bank, then sell it or take it public, quickly before it goes bankrupt. If you sell when the economy is good, people will go for it, and you get rich. Sure, a lot of people lose their jobs, and other people lose their money, but you're rich!

The most famous example is an office supply company called American Pad and Paper. Romney and Bain Capital bought it from Mead Company, when it had total debts of $11 million. By the time they sold it, the company had $400 million in debt -- and Bain had earned $100 million off the deals, between fees it charged the company for managing it and for buying other companies, and profits from selling the company's stock after they took it public (for yet another fee). Bain was later sued by stockholders for fraud in overstating the value of the company.--

Location hidden

#9 Oct 5, 2012
In 1989, Romney led Bain Capital's purchase of Damon Corp., a medical testing company, and took a seat on the Board of Directors to better manage it. During Romney's four years, Bain tripled its investment, and Romney personally made $473,000 -- while Damon plumped its profits with Medicare fraud (running thousands of medical tests doctors didn't want, and billing Medicare for them). The company pled guilty to crimes committed during his tenure and paid a record fine of $119 million. Company President Joseph Isola pleaded no contest to fraud, and a vice president was also convicted.

Romney claims he "uncovered" the fraudulent claims and "took corrective action," but court records show that he did not notify prosecutors or stop the fraudulent billing. He just asked company lawyers what changes they could make to avoid prosecution, after the feds' LABSCAM prosecution targeted a different medical testing firm. The cheating continued, prosecutors say, until the day Bain sold the company to Corning. Furthermore, Damon Corp. was required to list in various SEC filings any significant legal risks it faced. Romney made no mention of the fraud he "uncovered," even though it led to a $119 million fine, the largest in history. Damon Corp. is another Bain acquisition that later went bankrupt, killing over a thousand jobs -- but not before Bain made $7.4 million in profit. By amazing coincidence, Rick Santorum also made a lot of money off of a company involved in Medicare fraud: Universal Health Care.-- Sources

Location hidden

#10 Oct 5, 2012
Romney makes a big issue of being tough on illegal immigrants. He has pushed for a wall on the Mexican border so hard that Bill O'Reilly offered to call it the "Mitt Romney Memorial Wall."

The only problem is, Romney has hired illegal immigrants to tend his gardens for over 10 years. Three illegal immigrants interviewed by the Boston Globe said they have worked on Romney's lawn for years, that he greets them with a "Buenos dias", and that his wife was friendly and often asks how they are. Two were interviewed back in Guatemala, where they have returned. They made $8 to $9 per hour working 11 hour days. "They wanted that house to look really nice," said one worker, now back in Copado, Guatemala. "It took a long time." The other, Rene Alvarez Rosales (now in Suchitepequez, Guatemala) said it cost him about $5,000 to have a smuggler take him across the border.

They all work for "Community Lawn Care with a Heart," a small company run by legal Colombian immigrant Ricardo Saenz. Asked about his workers' statements that they were illegal immigrants, Saenz said "What you've heard is not my problem.... I don't need to tell them to show me documents. I know who they are, and they are legal." When Romney was asked about the workers, he said "Aw geez" and walked away. On one occasion, a (real) state trooper with the Romney security detail asked about the workers' immigration status. Saenz said they were legal but forgot their papers that day, and the matter was dropped.-- Sources

Location hidden

#11 Oct 5, 2012
Mitt Romney, incredibly, was able to avoid serving in Vietnam because he was on his Mormon mission, driving around the French countryside.(The Mormon church defined missions -- which all good young Mormon men go on -- as a form of priesthood.) In fact, not one of Romney's five sons has served in the military either, despite Mitt arguing for U.S. military involvement in Iraq and elsewhere.

Even more outrageously, when he was asked to justify this hypocrisy, Romney claimed that his sons were serving the country by driving Winnebagos around Iowa and campaigning for him.

Location hidden

#12 Oct 5, 2012
Romney was working the tables during a campaign stop at a Mexican restaurant in Denver, Colorado last June when a boy offered him a $1 bill that he'd folded origami-style for good luck. Romney fished around in his wallet for something to give the boy in return, but couldn't find anything smaller than a $100 bill. An aide handed him a buck, but Romney kept on digging, eventually finding a $5 bill for the kid "deep" – a reporter observed – "inside his leather billfold."

Location hidden

#13 Oct 5, 2012
At a campagin stop in New Hampshire a few days before the state's January 10, 2012 primary, Romney took another run at demonstrating empathy: "I know what it’s like to worry whether you’re going to get fired," he told a crowd. "There were a couple of times I wondered whether I was going to get a pink slip." Pressed by reporters, his campaign wasn't able to provide any examples of a time when Mr. Romney really and truly feared for his job.
Likit Is

Carthage, NY

#14 Oct 5, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
At a campagin stop in New Hampshire a few days before the state's January 10, 2012 primary, Romney took another run at demonstrating empathy: "I know what it’s like to worry whether you’re going to get fired," he told a crowd. "There were a couple of times I wondered whether I was going to get a pink slip." Pressed by reporters, his campaign wasn't able to provide any examples of a time when Mr. Romney really and truly feared for his job.
Hey you left wing nut job------I bet Obama is fearing for his job these days! He ought to be since his worthless rump hasn't done a damn thing for this country except make a mess of things! What a sorry @ss he is. After that debate, the whole country could see it!

Location hidden

#15 Oct 5, 2012
Likit Is wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey you left wing nut job------I bet Obama is fearing for his job these days! He ought to be since his worthless rump hasn't done a damn thing for this country except make a mess of things! What a sorry @ss he is. After that debate, the whole country could see it!
Yep, too bad for you you can't read and research and think for yourself. Go ahead and vote for Romney. If you're not independently wealthy (and I'll bet you're not) you'll end up just another Romney statistic.
Likit Is

Carthage, NY

#16 Oct 5, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, too bad for you you can't read and research and think for yourself. Go ahead and vote for Romney. If you're not independently wealthy (and I'll bet you're not) you'll end up just another Romney statistic.
For more than three years, I've been an Obama statistic. I'm paying a lot more for gas and fuel to heat my home. My groceries cost more. The country is up to its @ss in debt that my kids and grandkids will never be able to pay off---debt that is far,far, worse than the debt left by Bush. My rights are being forfeited under governmental regulations. Since Obama has been there, my income is one third less because the economy is stagnant. Over 23 million of my fellow Americans are out of work. Many of my neighbors have lost their homes since Obama has been there. I know some young people who have gotten out of college with a lot of loan debt who can't find a job.
I'll be a Romney statistic? Right now, being an Obama statistic isn't going so well for millions. Hey, I'll take my chances! It's like Clint Eastwood said, "If he isn't doing the job, we have to let him go". Obama ain't doin' the Job! If you think he is, you're either a left wing nutjob, you've got your eyes closed, or you're just plain stupid!

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#17 Oct 5, 2012
Juss Curius wrote:
Look closely at Obama. Are those hemmorhoids on his lips?
I think it's Joe Biden.

Location hidden

#18 Jul 12, 2013
swedenforever wrote:
Sweden
"Costs are kept at a minimum for patients who utilize Sweden’s health care system. For example, a relatively small sum of money, about the equivalent of $250, covers a patient’s medications for an entire year — the government covers the rest. A cap on health care fees ensures patients can afford to battle long-term health problems without worrying about being financially crippled. The system has been effective, as Sweden’s life expectancy rate is the fifth best in the world (80.9) and infant mortality rate is the third best in the world (2.75)."
neomarxism works

Location hidden

#19 Jul 12, 2013
swedenforever wrote:
"Despite having the most expensive health care system, the United States ranks last overall compared to six other industrialized countries—Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom—on measures of health system performance in five areas: quality, efficiency, access to care, equity and the ability to lead long, healthy, productive lives, according to a new Commonwealth Fund report. While there is room for improvement in every country, the U.S. stands out for not getting good value for its health care dollars, ranking last despite spending $7,290 per capita on health care in 2007 compared to the $3,837 spent per capita in the Netherlands, which ranked first overall…
Earlier editions of the report, produced in 2004, 2006, and 2007, showed similar results. This year’s version incorporates data from patient and physician surveys conducted in seven countries in 2007, 2008, and 2009."I
At least Chief Justice Roberts understands our Healthcare system under Bush
im one of the best bloggers to ever live

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mitt Romney for president in 2016? Jul '14 swedenforever 2
Romney: Obama foreign policy a a monumental busta Jun '14 No Blue Forever 41
Romney on minimum wage: 'We ought to raise it' May '14 swedenforever 6
Romney, GOP Pledge to Repeal Health Law (Jun '12) Apr '14 swedenforever 12
Romney: Obamacare fiasco "rotting" Obama's seco... (Nov '13) Apr '14 fred 662
Romney makes a role for himself Mar '14 conservative crapola 14
Sandra Fluke's DNC Speech Paints Stark Picture ... (Sep '12) Mar '14 swedenforever 2,382
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••