What Mitt Romney did right

What Mitt Romney did right

There are 221 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 29, 2012, titled What Mitt Romney did right. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

In an op-ed for the Washington Post on Wednesday, Stuart Stevens, the chief strategist for Mitt Romney's unsuccessful presidential candidacy, made the case that his candidate did lots of things right in the race.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#85 Nov 29, 2012
Newsflash. After Florida FINALLY gets a final tally (what a mess of a State when it comes to managing their elections)...it appears Pres Obama won by more votes than Bush beat Kerry.

Yet FauxNews types saw Bush over Kerry as a resounding beating and mandate

Even bigger spread with Pres Obama and Romney (LOL) and it was a close race, no mandate, and majority of America said YES to Obama

...just a bit more reality for FauxNews viewer types.

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#86 Nov 29, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>And in a theocracy you get the leaders no one deserves.
Apparently it happens in democracies where dependency motivated morons vote too.

I can't WAIT until the 1%ers who supported Obama find the taxman at THEIR door. Demanding THEY pay THEIR fair share of....what was it? 39%? I can see it now.....,"But....but.... I voted for Obama.....". HA HA HA HA HA
Ex-GOP Con

Lyndhurst, NJ

#87 Nov 29, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Their math never includes both unfunded wars, which experts have estimated at $4 trillion, plus extended care....they like to ignore those bills....typical far right math....
And on top of that they don't want to pay their bill when the bill comes. Instead they want to pass it on to the next person....yet whine about "our children's future".

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#88 Nov 29, 2012
okimar wrote:
....One can still hope for a change.
Progressives did after Dubya ruined America and started giving our freebie, no-repayment required billion dollar gifts to Goldman Sachs.

Your religous right should tell you God wanted Obama over anything you repubs had to offer....cause God Blesses America!?!?

What, didn't happen this time? Tell us what God wanted. lol

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#90 Nov 29, 2012
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently it happens in democracies where dependency motivated morons vote too.
I can't WAIT until the 1%ers who supported Obama find the taxman at THEIR door. Demanding THEY pay THEIR fair share of....what was it? 39%? I can see it now.....,"But....but.... I voted for Obama.....". HA HA HA HA HA
I'm quite certain you won't be personally affected.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#91 Nov 29, 2012
Hatch: Middle Class Faces 'Stealth Tax' without AMT Reform

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/US/hatch-alternative-m...

Since: May 08

Highland, CA

#94 Nov 29, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Would you please describe the "bigotry" from the Democratic side?
Well since you asked.. There where many attacks on these boards and elsewhere on Romney based on his Religion, Jokes about his magic underwear etc. Attacking sdome one running for office based on his religion DOES NOT belong in twenty first century America.
Polls shown that some 20% of the population would not vote for a Mormon
And 20% of the population would not vote for a Afro American.
I hope they are the same people/
oh boo hoo

Atlanta, GA

#95 Nov 29, 2012
Another wrote:
<quoted text>
missive from bizarro world. Every BS lie in the books - including your current post - has been thrown at the president and he shrugs them off like the steady, rational, consistent moderate grown up man that he is.
thug? quit talking in code
awww.... did da widdle baby Obama-wammie have to take a criticism like full grown man... and so he got a boo-boo, wet his diaper an frew a tantrum?

So, Little Barry, just do what you always do... hint that a nasty RACIST is behind it... that's much easier than actually defending yourself like a full grown adult.

Sorry, loser, but you just provided a classic Obama dodge: "I don't have to defend myself using reason and facts because everyone who opposes me does so due to my race."

Thanks for proving, once again, that we have a child for President and his followers are children too.

Hypoluxo Fl

#96 Nov 29, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Well even a old blind hog find an acorn sometimes.
Gallup: BUYER'S REMORSE: OBAMA APPROVE DROPS TO 49%...
Well well well, there went the ol' mandate.
Did you get that from Fat Limbaugh? You know, the bloviating doctor shopper that said Mittens was going to win in a landslide.

Hypoluxo Fl

#97 Nov 29, 2012
oh boo hoo wrote:
<quoted text>
awww.... did da widdle baby Obama-wammie have to take a criticism like full grown man... and so he got a boo-boo, wet his diaper an frew a tantrum?
So, Little Barry, just do what you always do... hint that a nasty RACIST is behind it... that's much easier than actually defending yourself like a full grown adult.
Sorry, loser, but you just provided a classic Obama dodge: "I don't have to defend myself using reason and facts because everyone who opposes me does so due to my race."
Thanks for proving, once again, that we have a child for President and his followers are children too.
Thanks for your buying stock in teabag crying towel manufacturers. They are all owned by liberals. Four more years of teabag tears. I'm getting richer by the day.

Hypoluxo Fl

#98 Nov 29, 2012
OneRyder wrote:
Newsflash. After Florida FINALLY gets a final tally (what a mess of a State when it comes to managing their elections)...it appears Pres Obama won by more votes than Bush beat Kerry.
Yet FauxNews types saw Bush over Kerry as a resounding beating and mandate
Even bigger spread with Pres Obama and Romney (LOL) and it was a close race, no mandate, and majority of America said YES to Obama
...just a bit more reality for FauxNews viewer types.
You just had to bring up Flori-DUH, now didn't you?

Hypoluxo Fl

#103 Nov 29, 2012
The Delegate wrote:
<quoted text>Hi draft dodger.
Hello. Dickbreath teabagger.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#105 Nov 29, 2012
Senator Feinstein looking to introduce new assault weapons ban
http://www.examiner.com/article/senator-feins...

Turn Them Over: Feinstein Moves To Ban ALL Assault Rifles, High Capacity Magazines, and Pistol Grips
http://www.infowars.com/turn-them-over-feinst...

Location hidden

#107 Nov 29, 2012
Grumpy Guy wrote:
<quoted text> Well since you asked.. There where many attacks on these boards and elsewhere on Romney based on his Religion, Jokes about his magic underwear etc. Attacking sdome one running for office based on his religion DOES NOT belong in twenty first century America.
Polls shown that some 20% of the population would not vote for a Mormon
And 20% of the population would not vote for a Afro American.
I hope they are the same people/
First of all, the more accurate figure is 17%. Secondly, you assume that those 17% consist virtually entirely of democrats. That is untrue.

Second,you would be wrong to consider the anti-Mormon attacks on Topix as being representative of the general population.
Lord help us if Topix contributors were a reflection of the population as a whole. Given all the racist attacks on Obama on Topix, if that were a true picture of Americans, this country would be more bigoted now than in the days of slavery.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#109 Nov 29, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>He lost.

You do have to understand the priorities that the Obama's operate under. Right now we have the tax issues, we have the debt and spending issue, but right now Obama is busy planning his 20 day vacation to Hawaii that will cost the American tax payers 4 million dollars. There is nothing new in the Obama agenda. He is taking none of the crucial problems very serious and it looks like he prefers to drive on off the cliff while he can still try and blame republicans. He has no plans, he has no agenda, which is why he couldn’t and wouldn’t produce one before the election. He is not a leader, but a hell of a candyman.
Validate any of your bullshit claims, please...

Hypoluxo Fl

#110 Nov 29, 2012
The Delegate wrote:
<quoted text>Old news dirtbag
Yes, you've had dickbreath most of your ignorant life.

Location hidden

#111 Nov 29, 2012
The Delegate wrote:
<quoted text>So?
So gofuckyourself.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#112 Nov 29, 2012
lol! Well, I can tell you what Romney did right...

.... he won the republican nomination for president of the United States!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#113 Nov 29, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>
And on top of that they don't want to pay their bill when the bill comes. Instead they want to pass it on to the next person....yet whine about "our children's future".
And now, to hide their shame at the lost election...they've decided to be the decadent overseers and whip Susan Rice, for their party's failures.....Oh...the shame of it all....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#114 Nov 29, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Did you get that from Fat Limbaugh? You know, the bloviating doctor shopper that said Mittens was going to win in a landslide.
Or was that Dick Morris and Carl Rove on Fox....after awhile, all the bullshiters look alike....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In 2006 Video, Romney Calls Health Care Mandate... (Jun '12) Oct 13 Geezer approval r... 73
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep '17 superwilly 47
News Romney on minimum wage: 'We ought to raise it' (May '14) Jun '17 Backroom healthcare 30
News Biden encourages Romney to consider Senate run ... Jun '17 USAUSAUSA 11
News Presidential debate: Will Obama or Romney win t... (Oct '12) May '17 Brain Cancer 41
News Democrats seize on Romney fundraiser with Chene... (Jul '12) Mar '17 Tennessee Prostitute 146
News Ad targets Romney on abortion, Planned Parenthood (Jul '12) Feb '17 Barbara P Bush 78
More from around the web