Yale Economist Defends Model That Predicted Romney Win

The model relies on just three pieces of information: The per capita growth rate of gross domestic product in the three quarters before the election, inflation over the entire presidential term and the number of quarters during the term when GDP per capita growth exceeded 3.2%. Plug those data points into Mr. Full Story
RayH

Guangzhou, China

#1 Nov 9, 2012
It's the demographics, stupid.
responder

Columbus, OH

#3 Nov 9, 2012
Three pieces of information obviously aren't enough. Guy's an idiot - he takes NO account of the power of incumbency, for example.

For a smarter guy who makes better guesses, check this out:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2012/...

He uses more information and looks at the big picture. One reason he's right and Mr. Yale was WRONG.

Not to mention the Rightie pollsters like Gallup and Rasmussen who skewed their polls just a bit too much...:)
models

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Nov 9, 2012
are cute, but they usually don't know that much.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#4 Nov 9, 2012
Economics isn't what sunk romneyhood, altho his 'take from the poor & give to the rich' attitude obviously caused the poor to align against the rich & campaign money.

America's changing face sunk romneyhood. I hope re-pubic-lick-uns never figure out that re-pubic-lick-un self-righteousness sunk them.

I love romnesia & 'romney who?'.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#5 Nov 9, 2012
Cool! Never give up, man! Prove the world isn't flat!!!
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#6 Nov 9, 2012
litesong wrote:
Economics isn't what sunk romneyhood, altho his 'take from the poor & give to the rich' attitude obviously caused the poor to align against the rich & campaign money.
America's changing face sunk romneyhood. I hope re-pubic-lick-uns never figure out that re-pubic-lick-un self-righteousness sunk them.
I love romnesia & 'romney who?'.
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. Let the obsolete GOP continue to die its natural death like everything that doesn't evolve.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7 Nov 9, 2012
Defend what?

Location hidden

#8 Nov 9, 2012
The real question is this. Would you take a class taught by this fool?
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#9 Nov 9, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
The real question is this. Would you take a class taught by this fool?
No kidding. Imagine the poor unsuspecting student that enrolls in his class merely because it fits in his or her schedule!!! Then he is doomed to attend the BS lectures for a semester and to parrot the propaganda on the tests to get an "A".
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#10 Nov 9, 2012
Bush must have had professors like that who brought his grade point average up to the "C" level that he prided himself on so much. LOL
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#11 Nov 9, 2012
I see a pattern of rewarding FAILURE and DENIAL by the GOP.

Location hidden

#12 Nov 9, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding. Imagine the poor unsuspecting student that enrolls in his class merely because it fits in his or her schedule!!! Then he is doomed to attend the BS lectures for a semester and to parrot the propaganda on the tests to get an "A".
I would have to say to him, "DUDE, your model failed, end of story."

I know what you are saying about insufferable classes taught by people who are really nothing more than a box of rocks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mitt Romney for president in 2016? Jul '14 swedenforever 2
Romney: Obama foreign policy a a monumental busta Jun '14 No Blue Forever 41
Romney on minimum wage: 'We ought to raise it' May '14 swedenforever 6
Romney, GOP Pledge to Repeal Health Law (Jun '12) Apr '14 swedenforever 12
Romney: Obamacare fiasco "rotting" Obama's seco... (Nov '13) Apr '14 fred 662
Romney makes a role for himself (Mar '14) Mar '14 conservative crapola 14
Sandra Fluke's DNC Speech Paints Stark Picture ... (Sep '12) Mar '14 swedenforever 2,382
•••

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••