Mitt Romney on spending cuts: - I lik...

Mitt Romney on spending cuts: - I like PBS, I love Big Bird'

There are 153 comments on the The Washington Post story from Oct 3, 2012, titled Mitt Romney on spending cuts: - I like PBS, I love Big Bird'. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Oct. 3, 2012 - During the first presidential debate Wednesday night, GOP challenger Mitt Romney said he would cut funding for PBS, even though he is a fan of Big Bird.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Obamas a failure

Buffalo, NY

#2 Oct 3, 2012
Mitt Romney kicked the shit out of Barack Obama
I would say

Muscle Shoals, AL

#3 Oct 3, 2012
Obamas a failure wrote:
Mitt Romney kicked the shit out of Barack Obama
Bitched slapped is more the phrase.....

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4 Oct 3, 2012
Romney is a pathetic debater. He is soaked in flop sweat a la Nixon and has this 'I am in awe of Obama' look on his face most of the time.

When it is his turn to speak he jumps up and down and gesticulates like a crazy lunatic.

What a pathetic performance.

“It's Time to Defeat Terrorism ”

Since: May 11

NYC

#5 Oct 3, 2012
Thanks the Lord for the great patriotic American leader and talented brilliant businessman Mitt Romney who was able to cut down the lies of Obama about 'supposedly' Romney 'hurting' the Middle Class with extra taxes and hurting our senior’s Medicare when the truth is that Obama was cutting 716 billion dollars from the seniors Medicare. Obama claimed that Romney will raise taxes on the Middle Class by $6000 and take out the pre-condition in medical insurance which was wrong and was used by the Obama's ruled liberal media of ABC, NBC AP, and the NY Times to attack Romney 24 hours a day with distortions, twisting of the truth aiming at scaring the elderly seniors of Ohio, Florida. Romney is the hope of 24 million Americans with no job and also the hope of our young American generation that cannot find job after his college studies while being in deep debt for the expensive education that they cannot pay back. May the Lord help Romney become the new American president and save America from self destruction by the incompetent Obama.

Location hidden

#6 Oct 3, 2012
Note that Romney lies, as usual for this pathologically lying sociopath, about what he said in the past.

He cannot even keep track of his own lies.

Note that his voice is up half an octave and he, as usual, insults Lehrer saying that he would lose his job under a Romney administration while Exxon would continue to get billions in corporate welfare AND a massive 28% tax cut on the backs of middle class Americans.
obarry

Oak Hill, WV

#7 Oct 3, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
Romney is a pathetic debater. He is soaked in flop sweat a la Nixon and has this 'I am in awe of Obama' look on his face most of the time.
When it is his turn to speak he jumps up and down and gesticulates like a crazy lunatic.
WOw, pathetic was what some of the mainstream media is calling obamas performance. Look at some of the liberals comments here. They are less Than thrilled with obamas performance.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#8 Oct 3, 2012
Another victory for Obama. Obama kicked azz this evening no doubt. He will be re-elected no doubt.
Romney again no specifics just talking points.
obarry

Oak Hill, WV

#9 Oct 3, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
Even fake marine corp pat said: Obama was off his game tonight, or being too careful
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#10 Oct 3, 2012
Romney would cut childrens movies to give the military more money to waste and fraud.

Location hidden

#11 Oct 3, 2012
Obama has specifics, also as usual, while Romney has only complaints and whining.

Romney has NO specifics as to how his Disneyland math works. Romney is just like Dubya who drove the car into the ditch.

Romney is lying about Medicare: the Ryan/Romney/Antichrist 2012 eliminates Medicare by 2016.

Romney says that if granny cannot afford health care then she should die. Romney hates people who aren't rich. Romney also hates women. Romney really hates minorities. Oh heck, Romney hates everyone who isn't old, white, male, wealthy and Mormon.
obarry

Oak Hill, WV

#12 Oct 3, 2012
Tony wrote:
Romney would cut childrens movies to give the military more money to waste and fraud.
Obama would cut anything to give unions more money to waste and fraud.
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#13 Oct 3, 2012
That Romney was in command became apparent in the first twenty minutes, when he addressed Obama's being all over the place with four examples unrelated to the question, or making a point. This is where some people have observed him as "stammering", when it is only an example of how a Leftist mind works. Romney regained some cohesiveness in the subject by addressing the President being all over the place by his enumerating the unrelated issues, but addressing them in their individual economic reality. After the first twenty minutes, Romney spoke to the American people with common sense and direct concerns for Marxist presumptions. Obama wouldn't look at Romney, Lehrer, or the camera. Business experience does trump the social services programs at Harvard.
I would say

Muscle Shoals, AL

#14 Oct 3, 2012
Rachel Maddow peed all over the MSNBC set and Chris Matthews has got foam coming out of his mouth.......this is just too hilarious to hear and listen to the excuses coming from MSN_LGBT......
OBAMA 2012

La Puente, CA

#15 Oct 3, 2012
Romney was a spazzing undignified secretive flip flopper. If you think he won then you are as delusional as Romney.
John

Quinlan, TX

#16 Oct 3, 2012
Romney did a whole lot better than I thought he would. I am not swayed by him though. He put on a good show, but he also confirmed my dislike for him. I expect he'll get a bump from that debate. He did good, but I still couldn't vote for such a person. He would not be a good representative of my morals and ethics. Different strokes for different folks.

Location hidden

#17 Oct 3, 2012
Tony wrote:
Another victory for Obama. Obama kicked azz this evening no doubt. He will be re-elected no doubt.
Romney again no specifics just talking points.
Romney is hysterical and not in a fun, cute way. He is just hyperventilating and saying exactly the same crap he always says.

He just lies, offers magical math that will cause another Bush Great Recession, denigrates PBS and the moderator and refuses to provide any specifics about his magical programs. Only stupid people would believe anything this creep says.

Romney will say anything to cut his own tax rate to effectively ZERO on $21Million of annual income...anything.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#18 Oct 3, 2012
obarry wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama would cut anything to give unions more money to waste and fraud.
Not children movies. Romney is just mean.

Since: Dec 10

Mastic, NY

#19 Oct 3, 2012
Wow oslumber looked like the true fool he is, I just wish he was hooked up to a lie detector.

It would be nice to have someone who knows what they are talking about in the White House.

Hopefully its FOUR AND OUT for my children's sake

Location hidden

#20 Oct 3, 2012
Romney appears demented again. Why is he sweating so much? Lehrer is doing anything he can, short of throwing something at him, to make his STFU.

Romney just starts talking, in a reckless way, and cannot shut up. Poor Lehrer.

What exactly is wrong with Romney's face? Does he take anything, other than his personal bank account, seriously? No. The economy, jobs, Medicare, foreign policy, etc...Romney takes nothing seriously.

He looks and sounds like a little kid jumping up and down saying look at me, look at me! Pay attention to me! What a total disgrace.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#22 Oct 3, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney is hysterical and not in a fun, cute way. He is just hyperventilating and saying exactly the same crap he always says.
He just lies, offers magical math that will cause another Bush Great Recession, denigrates PBS and the moderator and refuses to provide any specifics about his magical programs. Only stupid people would believe anything this creep says.
Romney will say anything to cut his own tax rate to effectively ZERO on $21Million of annual income...anything.
That is right. What Romney says tonight will change by tomorrow the way he flip flops like a fish out of water.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Romney on minimum wage: 'We ought to raise it' (May '14) Thu Slum lord n Chief 29
News Obama Camp Claims Romney Hides Abortion Stance (Oct '12) Jan 29 mercyangel 3
News Who cares if Mitt Romney is a sellout? Dec '16 Not my President 2
News Conway resumes Romney opposition, says Trump lo... Dec '16 Captain Yesterday 22
News Like Reagan, Romney can still win (Oct '12) Nov '16 Teen pregnancy 30
News Conway: Trump backers feel 'betrayed' by Romney... Nov '16 Democrat Hero 3
News Romney Leads Trump's Picks for Secretary of State Nov '16 PARDON is Lieing 10
More from around the web