Conservative Republicans fight back after Romney loss

Evangelical leaders and conservative activists have a simple message for establishment Republicans about Mitt Romney's failed presidential bid: We told you so. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

#1 Nov 19, 2012
This is... down right terrifying.

Its like suggesting Hitler could have won..., if he wasnt such a good natured, understanding and forgiving individual.
Occupy this

San Jose, CA

#2 Nov 19, 2012
Consider the fact that 3 million less Republicans turned out to vote this time around compared to 2008, and I would say it's precisely the Conservative Republicans who are saying "I told you so," who are to blame for losing not only the Presidency, but now America as we have known it.

Romney is not as Conservative as I would have liked. But he would have saved this country from Obama's destruction. Now, America is done.

Romney is right. Obama won by using tax payer dollars to buy votes. That's reality. The GOP can go screw themselves. They screwed us all.
Card Carrying Zionist

Twentynine Palms, CA

#3 Nov 19, 2012
Occupy this wrote:
...Romney is not as Conservative as I would have liked. But he would have saved this country from Obama's destruction...
What about Romney would have saved this country? TARP? Romneycare? Medicare Part D? Steel tariffs? The Patriot Act? NCLB?
Occupy this

San Jose, CA

#4 Nov 19, 2012
Card Carrying Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Romney would have saved this country? TARP? Romneycare? Medicare Part D? Steel tariffs? The Patriot Act? NCLB?
You're a blind idiot.

Obama is going to bury you. America is done fool. How stupid can you be?
Bill

Rogers, AR

#5 Nov 19, 2012
Occupy this wrote:
Consider the fact that 3 million less Republicans turned out to vote this time around compared to 2008, and I would say it's precisely the Conservative Republicans who are saying "I told you so," who are to blame for losing not only the Presidency, but now America as we have known it.
Romney is not as Conservative as I would have liked. But he would have saved this country from Obama's destruction. Now, America is done.
Romney is right. Obama won by using tax payer dollars to buy votes. That's reality. The GOP can go screw themselves. They screwed us all.
Nothing Rummy would have done was capable of Anything Rummy and the conservative nut jobs where the Sole Problem for the GOP.The GOP is so far out of touch not even Rummys GOD Living on Kolob could help.
Semper Fi 4 life

Terril, IA

#6 Nov 19, 2012
Occupy this wrote:
Romney is right. Obama won by using tax payer dollars to buy votes.
Really? So what "freebies" did he give everyone? I want a pony. And don't say something dumb like "OBAMAPHONE" that myth has already been debunked.
bottlecap

Marietta, GA

#7 Nov 19, 2012
Occupy this wrote:
So true.

I have total disdain for any so-called Christians, evangelicals or conservatives who did not vote for Romney because he was not Conservative enough or a Mormon. You people are scum!!
bottlecap

Marietta, GA

#8 Nov 19, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing Rummy would have done was capable of Anything Rummy and the conservative nut jobs where the Sole Problem for the GOP.The GOP is so far out of touch not even Rummys GOD Living on Kolob could help.
What? Are you totally nuts? Romney would have won if it wasn't for Hurricane Sandy----even your own intellectuals agree with that.

http://nation.foxnews.com/hurricane-sandy/201...

In his post, he, Michael Moore, thanked a number of people who helped make the president’s re-election possible, especially “Mother Nature.”

“You, Mother Nature, with all your horrific damage, death and destruction you caused last week, you became, ironically, the undoing of a Party that didn’t believe in you or your climate changing powers,”

http://nation.foxnews.com/chris-matthews/2012...

“I’m so glad we had that storm last week.‘Cause I think the storm was one of those things. No. Politically, I should say. Not in terms of hurting people. The storm brought in possibilities for good politics.”
----------
No storm? Then Obama gives a concession speech.
Occupy this

San Jose, CA

#9 Nov 19, 2012
Semper Fi 4 life wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So what "freebies" did he give everyone? I want a pony. And don't say something dumb like "OBAMAPHONE" that myth has already been debunked.
He granted amnesty for more than 1 million illegal immigrants via executive order - and that includes all the freebies that come with it like free medical care, free education and food stamps. THAT is using tax payer dollars to buy votes within the hispanic community. He worked to expand unemployment benefits while removing the work requirement. THAT is using tax payer dollars to buy votes.

Wake up you morons.
Occupy this

San Jose, CA

#10 Nov 19, 2012
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
So true.
I have total disdain for any so-called Christians, evangelicals or conservatives who did not vote for Romney because he was not Conservative enough or a Mormon. You people are scum!!
And then these people have the nerve to say, "I told you so." They are the reason we lost...the reason America lost.

“Pissed off underwater tiger.”

Since: Apr 12

Imitated but never duplicated

#11 Nov 19, 2012
Occupy this wrote:
But he would have saved this country from Obama's destruction.
You REALLY need to fix this. I mean aside from being wrong.

Even IF Obama is going to destroy the country, you cannot "save" the country, if your actions are going to result in the destruction of the country you are trying to save.

Trading one destruction for another is still destruction. It might have been different. Romneys would have likely been a quick death. Most likely still pretty painful., but definitely quick.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#12 Nov 20, 2012
Occupy this wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a blind idiot.
You're calling HIM a fool when you obviously supported someone who wanted to take the nation back into those same politics that got us into this mess to began with, if America is done then it was done long before Obama ever became President.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#13 Nov 20, 2012
Occupy this wrote:
Care to explain exactly HOW the President "used tax payer dollars to buy votes" I would be interested in knowing how that process worked.

Your boy Romney was as conservative as it gets, the problem that you had was that he tried to make himself a moderate too quickly too soon and alot of people saw through that and that also played a role in his demise when tbe President correctly pointed out that he was a flip flopper and a double minded candidate.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#14 Nov 20, 2012
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
So true.
That is a very "christian" thing for you to say.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#15 Nov 20, 2012
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Are you totally nuts? Romney would have won if it wasn't for Hurricane Sandy----even your own intellectuals agree with that.
In his post, he, Michael Moore, thanked a number of people who helped make the president’s re-election possible, especially “Mother Nature.”
“You, Mother Nature, with all your horrific damage, death and destruction you caused last week, you became, ironically, the undoing of a Party that didn’t believe in you or your climate changing powers,”
“I’m so glad we had that storm last week.‘Cause I think the storm was one of those things. No. Politically, I should say. Not in terms of hurting people. The storm brought in possibilities for good politics.”
----------
Actually you may be nuts if you believe that Michael Moore speaks for everyone on the Liberal side especially with the comments that you alledged that he made about super storm sandy, not everyone agrees by a far shot and it is not a given at all that Romney would have won this election if mother nature hadn't played her hand in this tragic event, you started this thread off by mentioning that 3 million registered republicans didn't vote..........don't know how true that is or if it would have helped you anyway as the last count on the popular vote was well over 3 plus million in favor of the president.

No again your party just don't know how to reach people because they are still too out of touch holding on to old tradictions that has always alienated the common man and i don't how they can ever change and hold on to what they always stood for.
another

Santa Fe, NM

#16 Nov 20, 2012
Occupy this wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a blind idiot.
nutjob post
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#17 Nov 20, 2012
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
New York and New Jersey are solid blue states. They would have voted for Obama whether he came here or not. The rest of the country could care less about the east coast. Romney lost on his own merits.
Juan

United States

#18 Nov 20, 2012
You know what's the problem with usa people is THAT u always crying about somethin YESSS i am talkin 2 u idiot
Card Carrying Zionist

Twentynine Palms, CA

#22 Nov 20, 2012
Occupy this wrote:
You're a blind idiot. Obama is going to bury you. America is done fool. How stupid can you be?
I can see well enough to read your posts, and you wrote that Romney "would have saved this country from Obama's destruction", so I'll ask you again: What about Romney would have saved this country? TARP? Romneycare? Medicare Part D? Steel tariffs? The Patriot Act? NCLB?
Romney and/or Ryan supported all of these big government programs. So what would save us from Obama's big government? Romney's not-quite-so-big government? Romney wanted to take the USA in the same direction as Obama -- just not as rapidly. The voters should have had better choice than just the not-as-bad-as-Obama candidate. I'm not denying that Romney is a more competent manager than Obama, but democracy is healthier when a challenger consistently challenges an incumbent rather than running a defensive campaign as if he were the incumbent.
bottlecap

United States

#23 Nov 20, 2012
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
New York and New Jersey are solid blue states. They would have voted for Obama whether he came here or not. The rest of the country could care less about the east coast. Romney lost on his own merits.
In a CBS exit poll of voters, over 40% of the voters said that Onama's handling of Sandy effected their decision, while a whopping 15% said it was the number one issue. The storm gave Obama a chance to look Presidential and it sucked much of the air time out of Romney's political campaign.

Obama's approval rating shot-up the Presidential Race became his.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Mitt Romney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Romney, it seems, making sense on immigrants Dec 14 Americans firts 4
The 2014 electorate would have elected Mitt Rom... Nov 21 Le Jimbo 20
Romney: Obamacare fiasco "rotting" Obama's seco... (Nov '13) Nov '14 Phishhed 669
House Dems fight to hold 9 districts Romney won Oct '14 Le Jimbo 35
Romney: Obama foreign policy a a monumental busta (Jun '14) Oct '14 American_Infidel 53
Ann Romney weighs in on another run for the Whi... Oct '14 Liberal forever 2
Mitt Romney for president in 2016? (Jun '14) Jul '14 swedenforever 2
More from around the web