Pope says condom use may be OK in som...

Pope says condom use may be OK in some circumstances

There are 9 comments on the CNN story from Nov 20, 2010, titled Pope says condom use may be OK in some circumstances. In it, CNN reports that:

Pope Benedict XVI said in comments released Saturday that the use of condoms may be acceptable in some cases to prevent the transmission of AIDS, possibly foreshadowing a shift in the Roman Catholic Church's stance on the issue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

HuhHuh

Candler, NC

#1 Nov 20, 2010
30 years too late, buddy, considering that Africa's about to be wiped off the map with HIV, and that's your prime source of Christian followers and converts these days.
Anonymous

AOL

#2 Nov 20, 2010
Using condoms should be a law when 2 uglys are having sex.

Since: Aug 09

Walnutport, PA

#3 Nov 20, 2010
Whom does that repulsive, closet case, homophobic, Hitler Youth Pope think is seriously listening to his ignorant blatherings.

Catholics in Europe and the Americas already completely ignore the RCC hierarchy's addled pronouncements on birth control, masturbation, sex outside of marriage and procreation and abortion.

The only Catholics still doing aanything but rolling their eyes are the Francisco Franco ones who enjoy defaming gays and lesbians.
HuhHuh

Candler, NC

#4 Nov 20, 2010
I seriously did a double take and thought the pope was black when I saw the headline up top. That's how little I've been following the Catholic Church these days.

“Can't Touch Dis!”

Since: Sep 10

Stroudsburg, PA

#5 Nov 21, 2010
larrycol wrote:
Using condoms should be a law when 2 uglys are having sex.
Know what I've noticed? And this is very often true - a good-looking couple will usually have UGLY kids, while a couple who aren't so hot-looking often have very cute kids.
HuhHuh

Candler, NC

#6 Nov 21, 2010
MsSheryl wrote:
a good-looking couple will usually have UGLY kids
You have nothing to worry about, then.

“Can't Touch Dis!”

Stroudsburg, PA

#7 Nov 21, 2010
HuhHuh wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nothing to worry about, then.
Neither do you.
HuhHuh

Candler, NC

#8 Nov 23, 2010
Ooh clever comeback lol.

“Can't Touch Dis!”

Stroudsburg, PA

#9 Nov 23, 2010
HuhHuh wrote:
Ooh clever comeback lol.
Hey - I put a lot of thought into that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Fri serfs up 6
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
News Pope Francis' new 'Joy of Love' exhortation won... Apr 12 Listen to the Word 1
News What Bernie Sanders and Pope Francis share Apr 10 Redeemed 2
News 'Pray for Me': Iranian president Rouhani asks f... Mar '16 Joy 2
News Pope suggests contraceptives could be used to s... Feb '16 Mite Be 1
News Trump talks pope, Iraq war stance Feb '16 Kevin 1
More from around the web