Pope takes anti-gay marriage stance t...

Pope takes anti-gay marriage stance to new level

There are 32 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Dec 21, 2012, titled Pope takes anti-gay marriage stance to new level. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

The pope has taken his opposition to gay marriage to new heights with a strong denunciation of how people today are manipulating their sex and gender to alter their God-given nature.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#21 Dec 22, 2012
ChasUGC wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between Catholicism and Christianity. Catholics turn to the pope for absolution. Christians turn to Jesus Christ. Catholicism is a hypocrisy. You can't turn to a man when there is not a good one among us.
But, they do have a point, when basing such an opinion about gay relationships on the bible.
Remember, the bible does call homosexuality an abomination before God.
If you accept the bible as our supreme guidance on moral values.
I do.
I pray for Catholics and Homosexuals.
I believe Catholicism is using the bible for its own greedy and self-righteous means.
I don't claim to be a Christian or anything, but isn't it one of the basic tenets of the faith that Jesus determines who has gotten his Christianity right and who hasn't? To those of us with no dog in your particular fight, y'all just two peas in the same pod. Folk claiming to be Christian but rarely acting particularly Christlike. Telling someone that you pray for them as a way of insulting them, Jesus should be proud.
DENG

Nanjing, China

#22 Dec 22, 2012
THERE'S NO SHUCH THING AS GAY "MARRIAGE" AS THE WORD MARRY DERIVES FROM THE LATIN WORD MEANING THE UNION OF A MAN AND A WOMAN.

this one

#23 Dec 22, 2012
DENG wrote:
THERE'S NO SHUCH THING AS GAY "MARRIAGE" AS THE WORD MARRY DERIVES FROM THE LATIN WORD MEANING THE UNION OF A MAN AND A WOMAN.
Why you imagine that trivial pursuit worthy rationalization for your apparent personal bigotries would be relevant to anyone but you is a complete mystery. That's nice dear, now go sit quietly in a corner and pay attention, you may accidentally learn something.
DENG

Nanjing, China

#24 Dec 22, 2012
DENG wrote:

GO STUDY LANGUAGE, AND HUMAN EVOLUTION, AS IT'S A FANTASTIC SUBJECT.
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Why you imagine that trivial pursuit worthy rationalization for your apparent personal bigotries would be relevant to anyone but you is a complete mystery. That's nice dear, now go sit quietly in a corner and pay attention, you may accidentally learn something.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#25 Dec 22, 2012
DENG wrote:
So it's an old idea. So what?

So is slavery.

Location hidden

#26 Dec 22, 2012
DENG wrote:
DENG wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your head out of the past. Those daddies are long dead. Good riddance. You don't need their approval anymore.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#28 Dec 23, 2012
Considering his position in the Catholic church, you would think he would have more important issues to worry about. Just think how many countries around the world has SSM and the majority of them claim Catholic as the #1 religion. (Most of South America has this now) Very telling.

this one

#29 Dec 23, 2012
DENG wrote:
DENG wrote:
Sugarplum, we read your idiotic rationalization the first time, repeating it doesn't help. It is your problem, not ours.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#30 Dec 23, 2012
DENG wrote:
Had you and your ilk been smart,*this* is how you would have dealt with all of this from the beginning.

You'd have refused to *acknowledge* these marriages, but you wouldn't have tried to *BAN* them.

Thanks to you and your bans, viciously determined pro-gay groups have managed to get nearly *one-fifth* of U.S. states to recognize these unions, and *SURELY* more states are on the way -- but you knew this.

No one cares what YOU think is "real" or not; I can't be bothered to *blink* in consideration of your "opinion." The *FACT* is, people differ with your assessment here and *NOTHING* you say or do will change them. Go pretend marriage isn't real -- by some weird, strange magic -- when and *only* when the participants don't match your attempt to *force* a definition on all of society.

Trust me -- between you, me and god -- I'm not even *hearing* you on this matter, except to *bat* aside your words and continue in my factual certitude that marriage is what it is, not what you're trying to force down everyone's throats.
Proud Catholic

Whittier, CA

#31 Dec 23, 2012
ChasUGC wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between Catholicism and Christianity. Catholics turn to the pope for absolution. Christians turn to Jesus Christ. Catholicism is a hypocrisy. You can't turn to a man when there is not a good one among us.
But, they do have a point, when basing such an opinion about gay relationships on the bible.
Remember, the bible does call homosexuality an abomination before God.
If you accept the bible as our supreme guidance on moral values.
I do.
I pray for Catholics and Homosexuals.
I believe Catholicism is using the bible for its own greedy and self-righteous means.
The only difference between Catholic Christians and other Christians is that other Christian churches are all man made with their own interpretation of holy Scripture.
None can agree with each other. We are CHRIST centered, confession is in John 20: 22-23
How could the first Christians call Catholics [universal] turn to the Bible when there were no bibles in circulation??????????
I pray for our country and all who have changed God’s rules.

I believe that non-Catholics have used the Bible to fit their own agenda.

Location hidden

#32 Dec 23, 2012
Proud Catholic wrote:
<quoted text>
The only difference between Catholic Christians and other Christians is that other Christian churches are all man made with their own interpretation of holy Scripture.
None can agree with each other. We are CHRIST centered, confession is in John 20: 22-23
How could the first Christians call Catholics [universal] turn to the Bible when there were no bibles in circulation??????????
I pray for our country and all who have changed God’s rules.
I believe that non-Catholics have used the Bible to fit their own agenda.
So you trade the heresy of Biblicism for the heresy of Traditionalism and the heresy of Hierarchicalism, eh?

btw: I imagine that you really piss off all the Orthodox.
disgusted american

Philadelphia, PA

#33 Dec 26, 2012
Hey Pop - U can Kiss my x-catholic behind....!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: Apologize to gay people and others 16 hr Spotted Girl 3
News Pope calls delivery of weapons, not food a 'str... Jun 15 wichita-rick 5
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis' new 'Joy of Love' exhortation won... May '16 Michael 5
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Apr '16 serfs up 6
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr '16 Jim 1
News What Bernie Sanders and Pope Francis share Apr '16 Redeemed 2
More from around the web