Retired nun 'sad' that Cardinal Mahon...

Retired nun 'sad' that Cardinal Mahony will vote on next pope

There are 3 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Feb 11, 2013, titled Retired nun 'sad' that Cardinal Mahony will vote on next pope. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

As surprise washed over Catholic parishioners Monday after the resignation announcement by Pope Benedict XVI, retired nun Mary Dispenza was left saddened that Cardinal Roger M. Mahony will have a hand in pickingthe pontiff'ssuccessor. Mahony, who was stripped of his public duties last month following new disclosures in the priest sex-abuse scandal, ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#1 Feb 11, 2013
I may be wrong, but I suspect that his Highness resignation may be tied in with unethical act/protections that he can't shake! We never got the real story about the "butler did it..." and why! Popes have died in office for 500 years. We have seen them stumble, trip and get shot, but never have we seen them let so much power go at once. TRUST ME! There is more to this story...
tom

Utica, NY

#2 Feb 11, 2013
he should be defrocked as all abusers SHOULD BE
Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#3 Feb 11, 2013
tom wrote:
he should be defrocked as all abusers SHOULD BE
They say he was a POW. They also say he was a former Hitler Youth! Amazing how far one can go!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News Monday's TV Highlights: 'The Young Pope' on HBO (Feb '17) Feb '17 limuel 11
News Pope Francis (Feb '17) Feb '17 USA-1 2
News Pope Francis takes over Knights of Malta after ... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Sperm 1
News Preview: The Pope's Choir (Dec '16) Dec '16 KenJr26 1
News Pope Francis celebrates 80th birthday with the ... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Butlerrr 1
News Pope Francis: Apologize to gay people and others (Jun '16) Dec '16 Anonymous 5
More from around the web