Pope to Sicilians fighting Mafia: do ...

Pope to Sicilians fighting Mafia: do not fear

There are 7 comments on the Buffalo News story from Oct 3, 2010, titled Pope to Sicilians fighting Mafia: do not fear. In it, Buffalo News reports that:

Pope Benedict XVI paid tribute Sunday to a priest slain by the Mafia and encouraged people in Sicily not to resign themselves to deep-rooted evil on an island where organized crime has held sway for centuries.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buffalo News.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 3, 2010
...and then he got the [heck] outta there!

“Can't Touch Dis!”

Since: Sep 10

Stroudsburg, PA

#2 Oct 3, 2010
Sol wrote:
...and then he got the [heck] outta there!
Sol, I've always believed the RC church is somehow secretly tied to the mob. I also believe the mafia gives a LOT of money to the church. I'm really interested in your opinion on this, thanks.
TIM LaHAYE mafiya

United States

#3 Oct 4, 2010
The Matza Ball Mafiya owns SAM BROWNBACK , Mike Pence , John Boehner and most of Congress ,
mike

Rochester, MN

#4 Oct 4, 2010
Cheryl c'mon your smarter than that. Please

“Can't Touch Dis!”

Stroudsburg, PA

#5 Oct 4, 2010
mike wrote:
Cheryl c'mon your smarter than that. Please
You don't think it's a possibility? I'm an expert - I watched The Godfather at least 3 times.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#6 Oct 4, 2010
MsSheryl wrote:
Sol, I've always believed the RC church is somehow secretly tied to the mob. I also believe the mafia gives a LOT of money to the church. I'm really interested in your opinion on this, thanks.
Sure, I believe the are ties between the two organizations. Italians and the vatican? C'mon! How can they NOT be?

MY point in the previous posting was that it's Ratzi's JOB to say such things whether he believes in them or not, and without regard to what it costs the group he's talking to.

"yeah, sure - you should ignore the mafia. and if they shoot you just remember that I'm prayin' for ya!" It doesn't cost HIM anything...

“Can't Touch Dis!”

Stroudsburg, PA

#7 Oct 4, 2010
Sol wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, I believe the are ties between the two organizations. Italians and the vatican? C'mon! How can they NOT be?
MY point in the previous posting was that it's Ratzi's JOB to say such things whether he believes in them or not, and without regard to what it costs the group he's talking to.
"yeah, sure - you should ignore the mafia. and if they shoot you just remember that I'm prayin' for ya!" It doesn't cost HIM anything...
Excellent response!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News Monday's TV Highlights: 'The Young Pope' on HBO (Feb '17) Feb '17 limuel 11
News Pope Francis (Feb '17) Feb '17 USA-1 2
News Pope Francis takes over Knights of Malta after ... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Sperm 1
News Preview: The Pope's Choir (Dec '16) Dec '16 KenJr26 1
News Pope Francis celebrates 80th birthday with the ... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Butlerrr 1
News Pope Francis: Apologize to gay people and others (Jun '16) Dec '16 Anonymous 5