Benedict XVI's Tenure as Pope Ends

Benedict XVI's Tenure as Pope Ends

There are 3 comments on the ABC News story from Feb 28, 2013, titled Benedict XVI's Tenure as Pope Ends. In it, ABC News reports that:

VATICAN CITY -- Benedict XVI's eight-year tenure as pope ended today, after he bade farewell to the faithful and departed the Vatican as the first pope to resign in six centuries.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#1 Feb 28, 2013
Goodbye and good riddance to the ex-Nazi pedo-enabling Pope. Never should have been put in the office, but glad he had the sense to leave.

Now maybe they can appoint a decent human being as a reformer? That Church needs it BADLY.

Maybe a new set of rules dictating how old you can be when assuming the office and establishing an official retirement age, too! That'd be good.
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#2 Mar 18, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
Maybe a new set of rules dictating how old you can be when assuming the office and establishing an official retirement age, too! That'd be good.
LMAO, why don't we do that Congress first?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3 Mar 18, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO, why don't we do that Congress first?
Works for me, especially since Americans don't get to vote on how to select a Pope, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: Apologize to gay people and others Jun 27 I am 4
News Pope calls delivery of weapons, not food a 'str... Jun '16 wichita-rick 5
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis' new 'Joy of Love' exhortation won... May '16 Michael 5
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Apr '16 serfs up 6
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr '16 Jim 1
News What Bernie Sanders and Pope Francis share Apr '16 Redeemed 2
More from around the web